AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 10:59   #7276

fLame

Registered User
 
fLame's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Milan
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Seedorf, Pirlo
fLame is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
The main reason why no one would object is because of 3 things:

1.) We were unfairly stripped of points in the season, leading to us not being given the Scudetto the year before, and us barely even able to play in the CL qualifications.

2.) We started 8 points behind everyone else, given we couldn't win the league, this was the only competition we could focus on, which we won.

3.) It's Inter we're talking about. Do you really think that if Roma or Lazio had won the League that season, that anyone would put up those signs?
You have some reasonable arguments, for example regarding Inter. But obviously this is a matter of preference.

IMHO, winning a Scudetto is much easier than winning the CL. I am confident that even with the current squad, if we set the goal, and don't suffer any injuries, we can win Scudetto next year.

Btw, I would trade 1 Champions League title for 2 Scudettos any day.
__________________
always rosso. always nero. always a rossonero.
fLame is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 11:07   #7277

Ryo

Registered User
 
Ryo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Ryo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post

And I probably should point out that you are the one who is being childish by throwing tantrums because Milan hasn't made panic buys to get the players you want in the time frame that you want them. And I also think it's childish to be so narcissistic that you think this is all about you and satisfying your ego and your need to feel superior because your club won the trophy and the other guy's club didn't. This is not about you. Milan is not engaged in football so that you can live vicariously through them. Silvio Berlusconi owns the club. You don't.
You know whats funny about this part of the post?

I never once said in my posts that we should make panic buys. Not once. In all my posts in this forum, I only mentioned the positives of getting players early and explained the negatives of getting players late. Not once in my posts have I mentioned that we should buy who and who at what and what time. The fact you accuse me of this just goes to show everyone in the forum that you don't read through all the posts.

Yes, Silvio owns the club, when did I say anything to deny that? As a fan, I'm just as entitled to my opinion of how the club is being managed. I don't think being a fan means you have to mindlessly follow your team when you can SEE when theres something wrong with the team. If you want to follow mindlessly like sheep walking over a cliff, thats your choice. I never forced my ideals upon you, I just suggest you look before you leap after everyone else.

I don't know about being a narcissists, but if you think that people saying that they want their club to be successful is being narcissistic, then I guess I'm guilty. I fell in love with this club because of its success and the enterprising football they played back in the 1980s to 90s.

But guess what, since you are so "holier than thou" I guess you wouldn't know what I'm talking about, would you?

Given that you don't mind so much about supporting a successful club like you say you don't, why not try cheering for Torino or Reggina for a change, you might like it, at least there won't be pessimistic narcissists like me around right.

What are you waiting for? Go! Shoo!
Away with you! Don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out

Last edited by Ryo; 10-07-2009 at 11:22.
Ryo is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 11:11   #7278

fLame

Registered User
 
fLame's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Milan
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Seedorf, Pirlo
fLame is on a distinguished road
I miss the times when I was the biggest a$$hole around here. ((

Hmmm... who should I insult to reclaim my status?
__________________
always rosso. always nero. always a rossonero.
fLame is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 11:13   #7279

Ryo

Registered User
 
Ryo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Ryo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fLame View Post
I miss the times when I was the biggest a$$hole around here. ((

Hmmm... who should I insult to reclaim my status?
Try Rick, he seems to have a bigger ego than I do, and less of an understanding for perfectly simple English.


oops... I talked with you
Ryo is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 11:29   #7280

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saliwonczyk View Post
Yeah, but it sometimes picks up different stories from the main websites. though, as you said, the likeliness of it being true is minimal.

When it does have a true report, it pops up hours later than other sources....

Still, what do you think of Eduardo?
I don't know this player so I can't comment at all. but I read from some later posts that he is good and young?

wow, this thread is growing at at least 20 pages per day. if only the management was passionate as these great fans.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 11:32   #7281

johncharles365

Registered User
 
johncharles365's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2009
Location: london
Fave Players: maldini, flamini, shevchenko, leonardo, albertini
johncharles365 is on a distinguished road
it is not the fact that Milan have a long term strategy that bothers me we shouldn't be rushed into making the wrong transfers. it is just the fact that any cash that the club has is spent on failures like ronaldo and brochi these player far outweigh any talented players that come into the club.

from the players 2008/9 transfer market Milan got rid of shevchenko senderos and felipe and of course releasing emerson, plus the fact that cardacio viduez antonini and borriello have rarely played any football. if Milan have 85 million euros in the bank we might as well use it to exploit some opportunities i assume that is why milan sold kaka to gain cash for new transfers.

Opportunities for players like silva ben afra costa santacrose and hernanes might not ever arise again we are missing out on some potential superstars. the transfer market is open for another couple of month hopefully galliani will see the benefits of transferring in some talented players, personally i would struggle to be as loyal to the club as I have been if we are selling our top players with no tangible benefits derived from their loss.

johncharles365 is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 11:36   #7282

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo View Post

I'm pessimistic because in the same time, Inter played just as crap, if not more. They played with a $hitload of injuries, just like us. They Won the League twice like that. What do we have to show for it? A 5th and a barely deserved 3rd place (which if you had read my earlier post, could have been a single games difference away from 5th).
Then the fact that Inter played like crap should give you hope. Milan doesn't have much to catch up to. And Milan still finished a lot closer to Inter this past year than the year before. You say third place was barely deserved. Okay, who deserved it then? And it wasn't just third, it was a tie for second, quite literally, with the same number of points as Juventus. If Serie A had the same tiebreakers as the leagues in England and Spain, Milan would have been declared runner-up in the league. And Milan finished six points ahead of the 4th place team, so the margin from fifth was comfortable. If you're going to go around changing the results of matches, then I'll give Milan a win in the second match against Inter, a win over Bologna in the opener and a draw against either Udinese or Roma in the final weeks and guess what? -- Milan wins the Scudetto! You can always say that if the result of this game or that game was different it would have been this instead of that.

Quote:

I never said anything about Pato or Thiago Silva being the players dragging us down. I'm talking about the, oh 20 or so OTHER SIGNINGS made in the same period that we ended up sending away or selling at a loss.
YOU were the one who insisted on using Pato and Thiago Silva as examples, ONLY YOU. Am I being clear to you?
One diamond out of a transfer of 30 odd players does not mean anything. We're suppose to be signing quality most of the time. (Which is why someone else mentioned we should consider ourselves a second tier team now, because we act like one).
Once again, I reiterate, YOU pointed them out being the dead weights, I did NOT.
What is wrong with you? I pointed out Pato and Silva as being dead weights? Are you crazy? I was merely questioning the FACT that you were tossing them in with the "quick-fix old chess pieces." Let me refresh your memory. This is exactly what you said:

Quote:
yet do you not see that apart from Flamini and Borriello, the past two years we've been doing nothing but buying quick-fix old chess pieces from other teams at a premium.
Since both Pato and Silva have been acquired in the last two years, what else could I conclude except that you think they are "quick-fix old chess pieces?" You said it yourself. You only excluded Flamini and Borriello.

And sorry, but you're going to have to give me the names of these 20 or so players that Milan has bought since summer 2007 who have have been sent away or sold at a loss. This is news to me. The only guy I can think of that Milan signed on a permament deal and has since cast off is Emerson, who didn't cost anything to begin with. Other than that I can only think of a couple of players who were on loan at Milan.
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 11:42   #7283

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Well, they are foolish to act like that. Pay no attention. Funny, though, that reading your comments got me to thinking about Liverpool fans. Let me say straight off that I hate Liverpool fans with a passion (figuratively speaking, of course, as I'm sure most of them are nice people). But they have this annoying habit of living decades in the past and thinking they are special beyond all others because they won a lot of things in the 1970s and 1980s. Yet, aside from The Match That Shall Not Be Mentioned, they've won nothing in a long, long time. They've never even won the Premier League!

Milan fans seem to be exactly the opposite of Liverpool fans. Collectively, we can't even take pride in something that was accomplished just two years ago by primarily the same group of players we have now unless we did the same thing in the past season. Liverpool fans don't care if people laugh at them. They don't let people laugh at them. They just stick up their middle finger and say "Yeah, well come back and talk to us when you've won the league 18 times and Europe five times!" Liverpool fans always know they're going to win (even though they don't) because by damn they're Liverpool! Yet we sit here as Milan fans -- supporting a club that has won 17 Scudetti and seven European titles -- and we worry that people are laughing because Milan doesn't win every single year? It makes no sense.

Somebody should do a study contrasting the psychology of the Liverpool fan and the Milan fan. It would be fascinating.

Totally agreed. Dutchie, do you think only you who were being laughed at because you're Milan fan? Me too! Everyday. I have a lot of Juventini and Interisti friends and when they're starting to laugh at Milan I will say: "Grab seven CL trophies and then you're in same league to talk with me".

Is it pathetic? Is that looking at past glory? Is that denial? NO! That is supporting a club (from my perspective)!!! Football is all about fun, man! What's the point of supporting Milan if you don't get the fun? If supporting Milan makes you get headache everyday because Milan are not (currently) acting as you want, I suggest you (SUGGEST, not COMMAND, please don't take it so bad) to stop watching Milan.

Again, it is from my perspective. Maybe others supporting Milan for another thing instead of fun, I don't know. Maybe there are who support Milan for their life, I don't know either. So if there are some people who are offended, I deeply say sorry.
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 11:45   #7284

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncharles365 View Post
it is not the fact that Milan have a long term strategy that bothers me we shouldn't be rushed into making the wrong transfers. it is just the fact that any cash that the club has is spent on failures like ronaldo and brochi these player far outweigh any talented players that come into the club.
This is a fair point to a certain extent. Mistakes have been made in the past, but then again what club doesn't make mistakes in the transfer market? But what's in the past is in the past. The important thing is what happens from this day forward.

I would disagree with you about the money spent on failed players outweighing the talented players who have joined the club though. If it's a matter of cash value, Milan could sell Pato for 45 million euros today. And Kaka came to Milan two years after Brocchi (who Milan bought in 2001), so I'd say quite a few good players have joined Milan since then.
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 11:48   #7285

fLame

Registered User
 
fLame's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Milan
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Seedorf, Pirlo
fLame is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvonimirBoban View Post
Again, it is from my perspective. Maybe others supporting Milan for another thing instead of fun, I don't know. Maybe there are who support Milan for their life, I don't know either. So if there are some people who are offended, I deeply say sorry.
Oh come on man. There will always be times when Milan or any other tame fails.
Usually, when my friends try to laugh at me cause of present Milan misery, I always have something to say back. Here is a quick outline for you:

To any English fan: When your team learns to play something else other than crosses - we can talk.

To ManU fans: C.Ronaldo is a f@g. Rooney is a thug.

To Inter fans: erm... there are just too many things to say

etc.....
__________________
always rosso. always nero. always a rossonero.
fLame is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 11:55   #7286

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvonimirBoban View Post
Totally agreed. Dutchie, do you think only you who were being laughed at because you're Milan fan? Me too! Everyday. I have a lot of Juventini and Interisti friends and when they're starting to laugh at Milan I will say: "Grab seven CL trophies and then you're in same league to talk with me".

Is it pathetic? Is that looking at past glory? Is that denial? NO! That is supporting a club (from my perspective)!!! Football is all about fun, man! What's the point of supporting Milan if you don't get the fun? If supporting Milan makes you get headache everyday because Milan are not (currently) acting as you want, I suggest you (SUGGEST, not COMMAND, please don't take it so bad) to stop watching Milan.

Again, it is from my perspective. Maybe others supporting Milan for another thing instead of fun, I don't know. Maybe there are who support Milan for their life, I don't know either. So if there are some people who are offended, I deeply say sorry.
Fun. What a wonderful word! You're exactly right Boban. The whole point is to have fun. Why even bother if supporting a club is going to make you miserable? There are so many other things to do in life that there's no logic in being a fan of Milan or any other club unless you have fun doing it.

Personally, I will support Milan even if they drop to Serie C2 (which seems to be where the club is headed if you take seriously some of the doom and gloom among certain posters in this forum). I want Milan to win because it's fun to watch this great club play beautifully and be successful. But if Milan doesn't win anything for a year or two or three or even four, it's not the end of the world. It's not my life. Fans all over the world are in the same boat because only a very few clubs win trophies each year, yet they love their clubs through thick and thin. They don't need a trophy every year to justify their own existence. Life goes on.
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 11:55   #7287

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fLame View Post
Oh come on man. There will always be times when Milan or any other tame fails.
Usually, when my friends try to laugh at me cause of present Milan misery, I always have something to say back. Here is a quick outline for you:

To any English fan: When your team learns to play something else other than crosses - we can talk.

To ManU fans: C.Ronaldo is a f@g. Rooney is a thug.

To Inter fans: erm... there are just too many things to say

etc.....
I could add many things here, lol. Nice suggestions, though.

Make it fun, everybody. As someone said before, the football players are paid big to entertain people. Let's do the fun.
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 12:01   #7288

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Well, I always tell others about Mr. 4-time CL winner as no other teams have even a 2-time CL winner in their squad.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 12:07   #7289

Ryo

Registered User
 
Ryo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Ryo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Since both Pato and Silva have been acquired in the last two years, what else could I conclude except that you think they are "quick-fix old chess pieces?" You said it yourself. You only excluded Flamini and Borriello.

And sorry, but you're going to have to give me the names of these 20 or so players that Milan has bought since summer 2007 who have have been sent away or sold at a loss. This is news to me. The only guy I can think of that Milan signed on a permament deal and has since cast off is Emerson, who didn't cost anything to begin with. Other than that I can only think of a couple of players who were on loan at Milan.
Are you pretending, or are you actually that truly dumb?

I chose not to mention Pato simply because he's a given exclusion from any "bad player" list. Thiago Silva, I have only watched a few friendlies, and I really can't say much except that he hasn't impressed. I don't mention him because theres nothing much worth mentioning.

Picking at posts word for word when the initial arguement wasn't even about which and which player I mention is beyond childish.

Here's my initial post:


The proper way IS to add pieces several at a time, yet do you not see that apart from Flamini and Borriello, the past two years we've been doing nothing but buying quick-fix old chess pieces from other teams at a premium. Were we not trying to transition 3 years back? Also, when you add pieces, you normally tend to keep the pieces you value to last for most of the game, and let go of the dead-weights.

Anyone reading this would see:

a) I'm agreeing with your previous post about signings being added a few at a time.

b) I'm complaining about our deadweights, in which I mentioned players like Shevchenko, Ibram Ba, Brocchi and Emerson amongst others.

I don't have an obligation to name and list each and every player here, and I've already mentioned who exactly I was talking about.

That you would pick on minor things such as which names I mention or forget to is just the same as me telling you that You ran through a whole 10 blocks of traffic lights, and you biting back with "I only went through two!". Your whole retort is besides the point and unnecessary because you aren't even arguing back, nor are you making a valid response to the main subject (in this example it would be the fact that you broke the law, not the number of times you broke it). You are merely picking at the things I say by saying how I imply this because I didn't mention this or that player.

I could go back to a few more posts of yours doing exactly just that.
Grow up, boy. You're just picking at bits and pieces of the full article, don't deny it.

I can reason with you all day and all night because thats exactly what you do and exactly how you do it.

If you want me to keep pointing your flaws out to you, feel free to tell me, because I am very,very willing to go back and dig up some more examples for you.
Ryo is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 12:09   #7290

bayern

Registered User
 
bayern's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2008
Location: CCS
Fave Players: jucilei, Riquelme
bayern is on a distinguished road
Milan eyeing on Carlos Eduardo

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=160436

Oh man, that player is sooo amazing.
bayern is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:02.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.