AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 14:24   #7306

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
WHERE THE HELL DID I SAY ANTONINI WAS WORLD CLASS BESIDES BEING ANYTHING OTHER THAN A GOOD SUBSTITUTE TO HAVE ON THE BENCH?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
ANTONINI WAS WORLD CLASS
See.. you are delusional
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 14:26   #7307

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
double post.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 14:27   #7308

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
See.. you are delusional
You took that out of context. So yes, take a DAMN HIKE.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 14:29   #7309

Giovanni

Registered User
 
Giovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
I'm not a moderator anymore, but i'm sure a few telematic slaps on the face will be delivered very soon.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Giovanni is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 14:32   #7310

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
hey Gio how you been doing

do u think the management will finally deliver?
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 14:34   #7311

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
I dont know why the mods are taking too long to ban this guy..you know you dont have to wait for someone to kill someone to put him in jail. I only warn him for his sake, go drink a cup of water and come back to find a reply already ready for me, and telling me to take a hike!
Hiking is a very pleasurable activity with millions of participants worldwide. When done correctly and with proper medical consultation it can be an excellent cardiovascular exercise I think Giancarlo was just trying to protect you from heart disease when he told you to take a hike. I am considering hiking to the waterfalls this summer myself.....and if Inter get Quaresma, Lampard and Drogba I would be in the perfect location to jump too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
WHERE THE HELL DID I SAY ANTONINI WAS WORLD CLASS BESIDES BEING ANYTHING OTHER THAN A GOOD SUBSTITUTE TO HAVE ON THE BENCH?
No one said that you were wrong....but the thing is we need a great/WC STARTING left back.....what's the use fixing your generator all the time when your house has no permanent power supply.....We need a good starting Left Back with pace and skill otherwise we haven't improved....that's what everybody is trying to tell you....our team hasn't improved!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
WHERE THE HELL DID I NOT SAY WE SHOULDN'T SIGN WORLD CLASS PLAYERS WHEN I'VE SUGGESTED ETO'O AND SCHWEINSTEIGER. Please tell me praytell, where did I say I didn't want change either.

Inter has a crap squad that wasn't even capable of beating Liverpool in the CL.
The part in bold is shocking really...the same crap squad has been beating the crap out of us for sometime now...or didn't you see our league standings??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
No I'm far more in touch with reality than some people on here. He's complacent because he frankly hasn't a clue. He'd rather see us get an out of form fat ronaldinho, than an inform strong Schweinsteiger. That's delusional and complacent.
Ronaldinho has PROVEN that he can be the best....Schweinsteiger hasn't proven that he can be the top ten. Ronaldinho needs to get in form which is relatively easy......waaaay less of a gamble than buying someone who has been eclipsed by Ribery and Toni
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 14:37   #7312

Giovanni

Registered User
 
Giovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
I'm fine, mate.
I'm getting the Tibetan way. I just took a break away from Mercato issues.
Don't think endlessly arguing is good for nerves and health.

The Romans were used to say: "arguing on personal tastes is useless". It seems after 2000 years it's still a modern say.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Giovanni is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 14:39   #7313

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
No one said that you were wrong....but the thing is we need a great/WC STARTING left back.....what's the use fixing your generator all the time when your house has no permanent power supply.....We need a good starting Left Back with pace and skill otherwise we haven't improved....that's what everybody is trying to tell you....our team hasn't improved!!
And where have I opposed the acquirement of a great left back? Hell, I'm all for signing a bunch of new players, but if we need some back-ups then lets have some. Our team is reinforcing certain flanks.

And what is everybody trying to tell me?

Insult me like you do every time you make a post? I've made numerous statements that we need to reinforce of defense.

Quote:

The part in bold is shocking really...the same crap squad has been beating the crap out of us for sometime now...or didn't you see our league standings??
How is that shocking when it clearly refers to the CL?

Quote:

Ronaldinho has PROVEN that he can be the best....Schweinsteiger hasn't proven that he can be the top ten. Ronaldinho needs to get in form which is relatively easy......waaaay less of a gamble than buying someone who has been eclipsed by Ribery and Toni
Err wrong. Schweinsteiger has proven that he can compete in big tournaments, and he was Germany's best player. As I said he's played 55+ games with the Germans, and have around 15 goals... showing he has a bit of an attacking styling. Schweinsteiger was easily Germany's best player in that final.

I'd like to see Ronaldinho get back in form, but who is to say he will? I had my hopes for Ronaldo to get in his old form... but he is past his best. I say we take a change with a 23 year old up and coming German player, than a 28/29 year old out of form chubby Brazilian who is likely past his best?

Lets take a gamble.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 14:43   #7314

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
I'm stunned. Sometimes people say I don't want enough, sometimes people say I go too far with wanting a player that can be a gamble. Which is it? I'm a gambling man willing to take a chance.

Shouldn't we try with a young player like Schweinsteiger? He's had like 150 appearances for Bayern by the way (wikipedia).

Heck, I can say we would take a far bigger gamble with Ronaldinho... who could get injured again. Schweinsteiger has been in good health, is young and very strong. He did play in the CL too... and I think he had a few goals/assists.

Well I must go and relax after this. I have no hard feelings for anyone. But I'm strong in what I believe. For you guys, I will change my signature nonetheless.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 14:50   #7315

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
That is only the alibi for Milan opponents in CL to justify why they didnt win the CL in that year. Milan were the king of Europe for 2007/08.

The fact is Milan won it and Milan won it deservedly. Even Fergie admit it by suporting us after we gave his lads a very good lesson.
I agree with this. (only the year is wrong. It was 2006/07)

In 2007,Milan did have a great starting XI, arguably the best in Europe. Just look at the talent of your best players and you'll see that Milan weren't inferior to any side in the world.

But, as mentioned thousand times here, Milan didn't have squad depth at all. It's hard to find a top team with such a huge gap in quality between the starting XI and the reserves.
It was close to impossible for Ancelotti to give a rest to his starting XI players, or successfuly replace the injured starters, and still win the matches.
While if he decided not to rest his main players he'd find himself in a situation where Kaka, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf and Ambrosini would have been dead tired in April already and fail both in serie A and CL.

How important the squad depth is can be seen with Ronaldo.
When Milan bought Ronaldo you finally got yourself someone who can play well and score goals, hence give Carlo alternatives to Inzaghi.
If you didn't have Ronaldo in serie A you'd have had to play Gilardino up front and risk missing out on the 4th place, or play Inzaghi and risk an injury (God knows what would have happened if you didn't have Inzaghi in the CL final)

This is the reason why Milan did so bad in serie A. You had a great starting XI (required to do well in knock-out tournaments) but you didn't have quality replacements (required to do well in serie A).

Inter's starting XI wasn't better than Milan's. It was worse actually. That's one of the reasons why they failed in CL. But their bench was almost as good as their starting XI and Mancini had great options on the bench, good enough to beat Sampdoria, Atalanta, Empoli, Catania etc, while resting his main players at the same time and keeping them fresh for the harder matches.
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 14:57   #7316

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
And where have I opposed the acquirement of a great left back? Hell, I'm all for signing a bunch of new players, but if we need some back-ups then lets have some. Our team is reinforcing certain flanks.
We need starters giancarlo....starters at left back ...not subs/squad players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
And what is everybody trying to tell me? Insult me like you do every time you make a post? I've made numerous statements that we need to reinforce of defense.
How is that shocking when it clearly refers to the CL?
Because you can't win the CL all the time....great teams are defined not only by their performance in the CL but domestically as well Juventus is the best team in Italy because they won the scudetto 27 times....how long are we going to be content with just one star on our badge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
Err wrong. Schweinsteiger has proven that he can compete in big tournaments, and he was Germany's best player. As I said he's played 55+ games with the Germans, and have around 15 goals... showing he has a bit of an attacking styling. Schweinsteiger was easily Germany's best player in that final.

I'd like to see Ronaldinho get back in form, but who is to say he will? I had my hopes for Ronaldo to get in his old form... but he is past his best. I say we take a change with a 23 year old up and coming German player, than a 28/29 year old out of form chubby Brazilian who is likely past his best?

Lets take a gamble.
I hope for my own sanity that you aren't comparing Ronaldinho to Schweinsteiger...Ronaldinho is a World CUP WINNER not finalist.....he is a Champions' League WINNER.....Aside from a couple of domestic titles which Ronaldinho ALSO has what has Schweinsteiger (who will be 24 before the season starts) done Ronaldinho has just turned 28 in March.... not sure how he could be 28/29.....he has the world of opportunity ahead of him just to loose a couple of pounds.....Schweinsteiger on the other hand isn't going to float through entire defenses even on top form the way Ronnie does??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
Shouldn't we try with a young player like Schweinsteiger? He's had like 150 appearances for Bayern by the way (wikipedia)
You should know that Ronaldinho played 8 less games and scored 55 more goals
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.

Last edited by drucurl; 01-07-2008 at 14:59.
drucurl is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 15:00   #7317

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
Shouldn't we try with a young player like Schweinsteiger? He's had like 150 appearances for Bayern by the way (wikipedia).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRlXZ5W8lTs
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 15:01   #7318

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
We need starters giancarlo....starters at left back ...not subs/squad players
We need to increase our depth, and I think that Antonini is good for that. But I've also called for getting players like Zapata..

Quote:

Because you can't win the CL all the time....great teams are defined not only by their performance in the CL but domestically as well Juventus is the best team in Italy because they won the scudetto 27 times....how long are we going to be content with just one star on our badge?
Then I say lets win the Scudetto next season... I want that badly.

Quote:

I hope for my own sanity that you aren't comparing Ronaldinho to Schweinsteiger...Ronaldinho is a World CUP WINNER not finalist.....he is a Champions' League WINNER.....Aside from a couple of domestic titles which Ronaldinho ALSO has what has Schweinsteiger (who will be 24 before the season starts) done Ronaldinho has just turned 28 in March.... not sure how he could be 28/29.....he has the world of opportunity ahead of him just to loose a couple of pounds.....Schweinsteiger on the other hand isn't going to float through entire defenses even on top form the way Ronnie does??
I'm not comparing the two. But this is 2008, not 2002. Schweinsteiger has played very well with Germany and is younger. He can offer us more. Ronaldinho is past his past.

I disagree with you on Schweinsteiger. He's more than capable of it, and he has played in major tournaments numerous times.

I also like his name. LOL. That'll be funny to hear American announcers trying to say.

I just don't know... I view Ronaldinho as a bigger risk... what if he gets another big injury and is out for most of the season again?
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 15:08   #7319

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
i bash our team more than anyone?

i'm sorry i didnt know it was illegal to speak out against players i dont feel are GOOD ENOUGH to play for a club like AC MILAN.

Again you r beginning to sound like a fascist. "YOU CANNOT SPEAK OUT AGAINST THE MOTHERLAND!" D
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 15:29   #7320

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
btw if milan sign dinho, im going to go put big money on brazil in 2010 WC. Cause when they learn to play together..... later world
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.