AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

View Poll Results: Sheva is better than van Basten (?)
Andrej Shevchenko 54 36.24%
Marco van Basten 95 63.76%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-02-2005, 15:39   #61
Sash21
Guest
 
Ok.... u know what, show me where did I contradict myself and I will publicly admit my mistake.... 'till then don't annoy me by telling me "u cotradict yourself"!
  Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 00:12   #62

ilgenio

Registered User
 
ilgenio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2002
Location: 虎穴龍潭
Fave Players: Zico, Marco van Basten, Dejan Savicevic, Kaka
ilgenio is on a distinguished road
60 over posts of discussions?? In short, Sheva is the most complete striker in world football today, but Marco is the most complete striker in world football of all time. With due respect to Sheva, there is simply no comparison.
__________________
AC Milan Prediction League 2005/ 06 Champion

ALWAYS RED
ALWAYS BLACK
ALWAYS ROSSONERO
~ ~
ilgenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 05:38   #63

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sash21
Ok.... u know what, show me where did I contradict myself and I will publicly admit my mistake.... 'till then don't annoy me by telling me "u cotradict yourself"!
Well firstly I got confused when you and someone else were talkin about the issue of what is a strong club and if it had any relativity to players on these clubs getting a Golden Boot award. Someone produced some names of players from clubs during the Soviet era of football to open the debate. You then counterpointed by saying that Dynamo at the time in the 60's or 70's or something like that were really big clubs at the time. What got me confused was that you failed to mention Dynamo being an exceptional club during the late 90's when Shevchenko was still playing in Kiev. Wouldnt you agree that you might have failed to mention or give any credit to the Dynamo of the late 1990's as being no less smaller than the Dynamo of past times?? Especially when you are trying to back up Shevchenko being a great player maybe even better than MVB? I wont go far to say it was a contradiction but more that the argument lacked fluidity. That can happen for many reasons, beyond our control. One reason might be when trying to respond to one persons message and others interpret it that you meant that post to respond to to specifically their message.
I'm glad that you specifically have not told me to "shut-up". But at the same time we do have a decorum and set of rules when responding to each other. I know it can be frustrating to get your message across so that people can comprehend. I get angry also when people dont catch my point. All of us here do. But we cant go around telling people to shut-up or stuff like that. I read a post from another thread where a guy is telling another person to F-off and die over a simple disagreement. Listen if there is anything harder than understanding and comprehending a foreign language amongst two people speaking in different tongues, it is understanding and comprehending the writing of others. Sometimes I dont understand my own writing that I look back upon. My advice is be patient and stick to one central argument or point that you are trying to convey. That way it is at least consistent.
Lastly you got to bury the hatchet cause we have critical discussions and debates like this all the time and if we always get angry with each othre like that, this site will no longer be fun or successful. What do you say?? Deal?

Last edited by Kui; 27-02-2005 at 05:41.
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 05:54   #64

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rae
Thanks Rae. Here is my point. Shevchenko's goals are fantastic. I'm not going to take that away from him. Now through the eyes god has given me and myself as a witness to having the privledge to watch Marco play it is my OPINION that he was a better player. But when I start giving the rationale like because he plays in Holland that is why he got the Golden Ball, the argument is wide open for people to disagree. And they will. And you gotta be able to accept that there will be those who will disagree.
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 06:53   #65

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sash21
Ok.... u know what, show me where did I contradict myself and I will publicly admit my mistake.... 'till then don't annoy me by telling me "u cotradict yourself"!
We allready did, but Kui also pointed out inconsistancies in the post before this one.

Sash, I don't care if you are inconsistent. If you, for example, want to argue that Brncic was the best ever Milan player, go right ahead. But do respect that fact that other people are entitled to their opinion, that may be very different from yours.
__________________
...and that is my opinion, but I could be wrong

Last edited by Henrik; 27-02-2005 at 08:17.
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 07:45   #66

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
I am more than willing to admit that I have been inconsistent and lose my train of thought when developing an argument Henrik. I'm not going to be stubborn in denying this. I'm just saying we kind of got out of hand here and am trying to bring some tranquility back here. Thanks.
FORZA MILAN!

Last edited by Kui; 27-02-2005 at 07:55.
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 07:47   #67

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Henrik common man. He's not saying Brnic was the best player for Milan. Putting words into something he did not say is not going to help. Agreed?
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 07:53   #68

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by iregk
Kui your right in fairness. I let that get a rise out of me which ordinarilly i wouldn't do but when your writing that from your desk in work in the midst of what is vastly becoming a crap day and the end of a crap week you can understand where it came from. It caught me at a bad time.

By the way, your answer a few posts back was beautifully diplomatic. Ever think of joining the UN?
Well I'm not really big on the UN. And I like anyone else can be very undiplomatic. But we are all Milan fans and shouldnt be tearing at each others throats. Maybe this is like a phenomenon that exists within families. All families have their big cat fights. That could be it maybe?
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 07:57   #69

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kui
Henrik common man. He's not saying Brnic was the best player for Milan. Putting words into something he did not say is not going to help. Agreed?
Either I was unclear or you are misreading my post. I am not trying to say that it is Sash's opinion that Brncic is the best Milan player ever, only that he is entitled to have whatever opinion he wants to (Brncic, was just an example).

The point is that we have to respect the opinion of others, and not boil over anytime someone disagrees.
__________________
...and that is my opinion, but I could be wrong
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 10:05   #70

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Ok I see what you are saying now. And it will be a good example for all to see that me and Henrik didnt end swearing at each other because I didnt get his point earlier. He did the gentalmanly thing with class and patience to reclarify his point. Cheers and many mojo to you Henrik!

FORZA MILAN!
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 11:19   #71

Rapierist

Registered User
 
Rapierist's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2002
Rapierist is on a distinguished road
I don't know what the argument is about. We've had both of them play for us. We should just be happy about that, that in 40 years time, you'll be telling your children that you saw such brilliant strikers play for the club.

We had a great striker. Sadly we lost him to injury. But we now have another, who continues to bring us joy.
So just catch the match on the weekend, and enjoy Shev's skills, and after that is over search for a few replays of Marco's goals over the net
There really is no reason to squabble. It just serves no purpose.
Rapierist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 11:28   #72

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
You're right there really shouldnt be any argument. I think we all fell victim to the title of the tread "Who is better..." causing us to go and make a decision one over the other. I would agree that no matter what reason or rationale we gave to who is better, those who disageed can come up with the same reasons. That is why case in point I just ended up saying from using only my eyes I thought in my opinion Marco was better. No one can argue with that. No one could argue if someone felt the same way about Sheva. Just happen like that Bammmmg a bomb went off and it took a life of its own. But these things happen like they would with family no? The biggest cat fights happen in the family and maybe that is the dynamic anomaly we witness here time and again.
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 11:46   #73

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
I think most people handled this debate topic well.

Let's just remember that football is an art and not a science. Opinions are almost by definition personal and subjective. If you like Sheva better, fine, if memories of Van Basten warms your heart more, that is fine too.

Even if discussions like this have a tendancy to never end, they can still add value by bringing up "supporting evidence" that all members are not aware of.

Back to the poll question: 1) As Johan pointed out, it makes little sense to vote for Sheva just because you never saw Van Basten play. Then not voting seem a better option. 2) Van Basten certainly got more international attention and recognition that Sheva has so far (3 player of the year awards if I am not mistaken).

I think we can all agree on one thing though, we want Sheva to leave a legacy bigger than Van Basten Whether that is likely to happen or not is still up for debate.
__________________
...and that is my opinion, but I could be wrong
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 14:47   #74

iregk

Registered User
 
iregk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini
iregk is an unknown quantity at this point
I think this thread is getting back to its friendly best...
__________________
---------------------
Two colours, One love
iregk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 05:55   #75

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kui
Can Sheva be greater than MARCO VB? Yeah. I'd like to see it. Than we dont need to argue about this anymore.
I dont think any Milan fan would disagree with what you are saying Henrik. Sheva surpassing MVN legacy will add to the glory and successes of this venerated team. We all would be more than happy to see that.

FORZA MILAN!
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:37.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.