AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > COMMUNITY > Members Lounge

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-06-2005, 12:03   #61

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanmilan
when i am in a good mood i hav hash or grass.
__________________
...and that is my opinion, but I could be wrong
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 12:20   #62

Nadir

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Nadir is on a distinguished road
watch the movie "The Insider" starring Al Pacino. tells you what the tobacco industry is upto.
Nadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 12:42   #63

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadir
watch the movie "The Insider" starring Al Pacino. tells you what the tobacco industry is upto.
watch the movie "Plan 9 from outer space" starring Gregory Walcott. tells you what the aliens are up to.
__________________
...and that is my opinion, but I could be wrong
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 12:51   #64

Billy_Montreal

Moderator
 
Billy_Montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: M-O-N-T-R-E-A-L
Fave Players: The Ministry of Defence: Paolo, Billy, Sandro
Billy_Montreal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadir
watch the movie "The Insider" starring Al Pacino. tells you what the tobacco industry is upto.
great movie. Helps explain why cigarettes are more addictive than some hard drugs.
The other argument: air pollution, car accidents, murders, etc. (Whatever). I think we all aware that deaths occur at random whether one smokes or not but HOW that justifies the right of someone to smoke next to a non-smoker...sorry, falls flat.
__________________
"Certi sogni non finiscono mai."
Alessandro Costacurta, Rossonero per Sempre.
Billy_Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 12:56   #65

Nadir

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Nadir is on a distinguished road
yah i mean, if you want to kill yourself, you are free to do so. just don't kill me while you are it.
Nadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 13:03   #66

Laudrup

Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12 2000
Location: Cph.
Laudrup is on a distinguished road
I've recently switched from Prince Light to North State Gold - they're cheaper and I can't really taste much of a difference.

I plan on quitting smoking from the 1st of August though
Laudrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 15:33   #67

rae

BANNED
 
rae's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Location: Memel, Lithuania
Fave Players: Costacurta Giggs & Rui Costa
rae is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik
Smoking is like everything else, consume to much of it and it will kill you. So will fat, salt, barbequed food, alcohol, sugar, wasabi and you name it.

I operate on a "do it because you want to, not because you have to" basis for most things in life. I stopped drinking caffine because I got addicted. I still smoke occationally because I like it and have no problems with limiting my consumption.

And that's my 2 cents
actually if you was born, you are doomed to be waisted some day... anyone who was born has to die... so even most innocent things we do cause the fact that we die...
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanmilan
i smoke benson & hedges and sometimes when i am in a good mood i hav hash or grass.
I wonder how can you be iterested in sports... this thing with football has no connection, and even contradicts very much
rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 15:54   #68

Maltese Charlie

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Malta
Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup
I've recently switched from Prince Light to North State Gold - they're cheaper and I can't really taste much of a difference.

I plan on quitting smoking from the 1st of August though
Well, good luck my friend.

If you have a strong will it is not so difficult.

I started smoking at the age of 13 and stopped at the age of 21, smoking over 30 per day.

Now after nearly 25 years not smoking I am still consider it as my best decision I've ever made. From the first couple of weeks of quitting smoking you already can feel the positive difference.

Last edited by Maltese Charlie; 25-06-2005 at 08:36.
Maltese Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 16:17   #69

Maltese Charlie

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Malta
Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik
Smoking is like everything else, consume to much of it and it will kill you. So will fat, salt, barbequed food, alcohol, sugar, wasabi and you name it.

I operate on a "do it because you want to, not because you have to" basis for most things in life. I stopped drinking caffine because I got addicted. I still smoke occationally because I like it and have no problems with limiting my consumption.

And that's my 2 cents
I don't put smoking and Alcohol in the same catagory simply because:

while alcohol if consumed In moderation, that means 2 to 3 points /day, is scientifically proven that is of great health beneficial regarding heart problems, cigarettes are not, even if consumed in moderation the difference is only that if you smoke less you will have less damage but never positive beneficials like alcohol.

Last edited by Maltese Charlie; 24-06-2005 at 16:36.
Maltese Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 17:15   #70

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese Charlie
I don't put smoking and Alcohol in the same catagory simply because:

while alcohol if consumed In moderation, that means 2 to 3 points /day, is scientifically proven that is of great health beneficial regarding heart problems, cigarettes are not, even if consumed in moderation the difference is only that if you smoke less you will have less damage but never positive beneficials like alcohol.
While it is true that alcohol may have some benefits at low consumption levels, it is by no means proven that consumption of alcohol (at any level) in general is good for you. Smoking is allways bad for you, but so is exposing your skin to the sun (at least if you are as pale as me).

At the end of the day you got to enjoy living and to do so make decisions that are bad for you. By limiting the consumption of pleassures that are bad for you to only what truely improves your quality of life (and hence not getting addicted forcing you to chain smoke cigarettes 7 am while O.D.ing on coffee just to stay awake), I think a reasonably healthy balance can be reached.

I smoke between 5-7 cigarettes a week (and an occational cigar) and enjoy it greatly
__________________
...and that is my opinion, but I could be wrong
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 19:57   #71

mk18

BANNED!
 
mk18's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: amman, JORDAN
Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
mk18 is on a distinguished road
here in jordan smoking is like a must to most people... i remember me and a friend were in a taxi and he had this huge sign on the window saying no smoking - if you want to kill urself do it away from us... just when i finished reading it i looked at the driver and he immedietly lit up a cigarette... my friends and i laughed the whole trip
mk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 22:46   #72

vickirin

Registered User
 
vickirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2001
Location: the den
Fave Players: Franco Baresi, Marco Van Basten, Paolo Maldini, Demetrio Albertini
vickirin is an unknown quantity at this point
Faros mexican Cigar's
__________________
We miss you Franco !!
We miss you Demetrio !!
vickirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2005, 05:42   #73

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcMilan_Montreal
great movie. Helps explain why cigarettes are more addictive than some hard drugs.
The other argument: air pollution, car accidents, murders, etc. (Whatever). I think we all aware that deaths occur at random whether one smokes or not but HOW that justifies the right of someone to smoke next to a non-smoker...sorry, falls flat.

I'm not justifying smoking next to another person as a right. What I am saying is that besides this, how do you equivocate someone driving next to me with a potentially deadly tool such as a vehicle being ok???? Or for that matter me crossing the street and someone in his or her vehicle spewing carcinogens in the air that I breath??? So you may think it falls flat. Obviously there is hypocracy going on because now we accept some lifestyle choices and yet deny other lifestyles.
So if we talk about banning cigarettes, we sure as heck need to ban a whole sh!t load of other things too. Still I guess it is only and ONLY the smoker who is the problem in society. I like to see it happen! Dare you all non-smokers to believe in this. Watch the economy go to **** and your welfare govt get a shortfall of cash which some of you are dependent on getting your free medical coverage and college tuition!
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2005, 06:18   #74

Dr Milano

Registered User
 
Dr Milano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Zlatan, Pato, Silva, Nesta & Robinho
Dr Milano is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kui
I'm not justifying smoking next to another person as a right. What I am saying is that besides this, how do you equivocate someone driving next to me with a potentially deadly tool such as a vehicle being ok???? Or for that matter me crossing the street and someone in his or her vehicle spewing carcinogens in the air that I breath??? So you may think it falls flat. Obviously there is hypocracy going on because now we accept some lifestyle choices and yet deny other lifestyles.
So if we talk about banning cigarettes, we sure as heck need to ban a whole sh!t load of other things too. Still I guess it is only and ONLY the smoker who is the problem in society. I like to see it happen! Dare you all non-smokers to believe in this. Watch the economy go to **** and your welfare govt get a shortfall of cash which some of you are dependent on getting your free medical coverage and college tuition!
i dont smoke never have and never willl y smoke people who smoke r zoids
__________________
Abbiati
Sokratis Thiago Nesta Antonini
Flamini Pirlo Boateng
Pato Ibrahimovic Ronaldinho

Dr Milano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2005, 07:41   #75

Maltese Charlie

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Malta
Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik
While it is true that alcohol may have some benefits at low consumption levels, it is by no means proven that consumption of alcohol (at any level) in general is good for you. Smoking is allways bad for you, but so is exposing your skin to the sun (at least if you are as pale as me).

At the end of the day you got to enjoy living and to do so make decisions that are bad for you. By limiting the consumption of pleassures that are bad for you to only what truely improves your quality of life (and hence not getting addicted forcing you to chain smoke cigarettes 7 am while O.D.ing on coffee just to stay awake), I think a reasonably healthy balance can be reached.

I smoke between 5-7 cigarettes a week (and an occational cigar) and enjoy it greatly
My point is that while all the others at least in few amounts are good for health smoking is not.

Regards alcohol, yes it has good benefits if consumed in moderation and by adults. In fact even some surgens are suggesting to their patients after a full recovery from a bye pass surgery to drink a glass of red wine after meals on a daily basis.

Unfortunately there are many things in life which are killing us all slowly, but at least we can reduce those things which are of no importance.

If you smoke an average of a cigarette a day you cannot really call yourself a smoker and I know that sometimes people enjoy smoking a cigarette while having a drink, but not me anymore. In fact that's why I stopped frequenting pubs and nightclubs because I cannot stand the smell of smoking. I'm allergic for that. If somebody smoke a cigarette near me indoor, sure I will be in need to use my inhalers.
Maltese Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.