AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2008, 13:37   #8161

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
Kalac> Dida you guys MUST be kidding me...Kalac came in when Dida was at the absolute lowest point in his career....the base of a trench to be exact.....a one legged midget oiled down in vaseline would have done a better job than Dida. But Kalac proved himself as being far more rubbish than Dida could even fathom to be. I am greatful for his fantastic displays....particularly vs. Fiorentina but he is an AWFUL keeper.....just look at the first goal vs Arsenal beaten from a shot from nearly the half field it was all downhill from there. I'd take Dida over Kalac anyday....and Abbiatti is only marginally better than Kalac imho
I can't really agree with that. Yes, Kalac made a few mistakes, but overall he did a good job as an interim keeper. I wouldn't say he's an awful keeper. Just an average keeper.

I'm with you though. We need to BUY a new keeper... but I would prefer Kalac be first choice over Dida... and I would perfect Abbiati first choice over either of them.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 13:38   #8162

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Manchester United and Arsenal target Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has ruled out signing a new contract with Ajax as the Amsterdam club want to include a £20m release clause in the new deal. (Daily Mirror)
------------------------

this means he might be available for less than 20?
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 13:39   #8163

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero View Post
I really doubt players from that region could hack it in Serie A.
Um... why? He seems to be a tough player that has scored against some major African teams (like scoring a double against the star packed Ivory Coast)...

Or how about Aboutreika?
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 13:43   #8164

Russo-Neri

Registered User
 
Russo-Neri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Russo-Neri is on a distinguished road
Meant to post yesterday after the news came out about Arsenal opening negotiations with us for Ade, but got busy. So here's what I think - there is NO way we are going to get Ade. Galliani publicly announced that Arsenal are open to negotiations in order to alert our rival bidders that Ade is in fact available. Galliani also mentioned that we are Ade's first choice to alert teams like Barca that we are "winning" the race to get him. It's all a smoke-screen - by doing this, Milan could set in motion the "chain reaction".

Management has been very contradictive the last few offseasons, but I think they actually admitted the truth ONCE this summer when they mentioned a chain reaction effect following the first big striker signing of the transfer season. If Barca see that Arsenal are willing to part ways with Ade, and they see that Ade is leaning towards us, they may in fact lower their prices on either Eto'o or Dinho to lure us away from their true target Ade. A chain reaction could go this way: Barca sign Ade, then they sell Eto'o to Chelsea who in turn sells Drogba to us. Or Barca could get Ade and sell Eto'o to us. Or something entirely different can happen. Ade will probably be the chain reaction trigger point. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. But my point is that Milan are definitely waiting and will almost assuredly NOT be the one to make the first move (because we'll get the best deal that way). So everyone needs to be PATIENT!!!!
Russo-Neri is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 13:47   #8165

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
you really cant take anything with african national teams too seriously. Weah never qualified for world cup w/ liberia and his scoring record was much lower than club.
Adebayor couldnt get togo into nations cup. He is still a very talented striker. Cote D'Iviore is okay. but really aside from kolo and yaya toure and drogba they arent special.

The reason egypt and morocco and north african teams dominate african football is because they have the infastructure, typically far better coaching, political stability, and play together well the same way turkey does.
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 13:48   #8166

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
as for dida, dru is right, dida on form is up there w/ buffon and cassillas and cech as best GK in world. What he did for milan is unquestioned. but the q is if he can do it again.... I'd still gamble w/ him over kalac. I'd prefer neither though!
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 13:54   #8167

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
Um... why? He seems to be a tough player that has scored against some major African teams (like scoring a double against the star packed Ivory Coast)...

Or how about Aboutreika?
I agree with you....a player's ability should always come before his passport Who would have thought 10, 15 years ago that three of the best strikers in the world would have been african....with all the Italian, Brazilian and Argentine big name players lurking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
I can't really agree with that. Yes, Kalac made a few mistakes, but overall he did a good job as an interim keeper. I wouldn't say he's an awful keeper. Just an average keeper.

I'm with you though. We need to BUY a new keeper... but I would prefer Kalac be first choice over Dida... and I would perfect Abbiati first choice over either of them.
It's just my opinion. Kalac is good and solid at best. But he isn't what we need. Dida at full strength...the same Dida who outperformed Buffon for two years straight....he could do the job...theoretically of course....Abbiati has NEVER impressed to me and it's distasteful seeing him in our coulurs given his love affair with Juve (see Gila)
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 13:59   #8168

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
^^^ Ronaldo played for Inter...you definitely didn't mind us getting him.
Mystik is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 14:00   #8169

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo-Neri View Post
Meant to post yesterday after the news came out about Arsenal opening negotiations with us for Ade, but got busy. So here's what I think - there is NO way we are going to get Ade. Galliani publicly announced that Arsenal are open to negotiations in order to alert our rival bidders that Ade is in fact available. Galliani also mentioned that we are Ade's first choice to alert teams like Barca that we are "winning" the race to get him. It's all a smoke-screen - by doing this, Milan could set in motion the "chain reaction".

Management has been very contradictive the last few offseasons, but I think they actually admitted the truth ONCE this summer when they mentioned a chain reaction effect following the first big striker signing of the transfer season. If Barca see that Arsenal are willing to part ways with Ade, and they see that Ade is leaning towards us, they may in fact lower their prices on either Eto'o or Dinho to lure us away from their true target Ade. A chain reaction could go this way: Barca sign Ade, then they sell Eto'o to Chelsea who in turn sells Drogba to us. Or Barca could get Ade and sell Eto'o to us. Or something entirely different can happen. Ade will probably be the chain reaction trigger point. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. But my point is that Milan are definitely waiting and will almost assuredly NOT be the one to make the first move (because we'll get the best deal that way). So everyone needs to be PATIENT!!!!
Of course Inter could swoop in for Drogba/ Eto'o (since Mourinho is openly a fan of both) and dump Crespo in Milanello
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 14:04   #8170

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
I agree with you....a player's ability should always come before his passport Who would have thought 10, 15 years ago that three of the best strikers in the world would have been african....with all the Italian, Brazilian and Argentine big name players lurking?
I just view Egypt as a place where there is a great deal of talent... and they should be able to qualify for the World Cup 2010 I think... I think it would be better to get these players before other big teams start to get them.

Quote:

It's just my opinion. Kalac is good and solid at best. But he isn't what we need. Dida at full strength...the same Dida who outperformed Buffon for two years straight....he could do the job...theoretically of course....Abbiati has NEVER impressed to me and it's distasteful seeing him in our coulurs given his love affair with Juve (see Gila)
Yeah I agree with you on that. I think we do need a better keeper than Kalac... who is just average (only sometimes good/great) in my eyes. I respect Dida for all what he has done for Milan over the past few years, but his form has been falling rather sharply.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 14:08   #8171

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
Um... why? He seems to be a tough player that has scored against some major African teams (like scoring a double against the star packed Ivory Coast)...

Or how about Aboutreika?
The only way to really judge this is to give him a chance. But players from that region have never really blossomed in Europe (North Africans and Zidane doesn't really count). They are not physically up to the task, and technically they are definitely inferior. Management would never go there to buy players.

Similarly, look at Ali Karimi. Awesome Iranian player, but just could not get going in the Bundesliga.
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 14:09   #8172

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
I just view Egypt as a place where there is a great deal of talent... and they should be able to qualify for the World Cup 2010 I think... I think it would be better to get these players before other big teams start to get them.



Yeah I agree with you on that. I think we do need a better keeper than Kalac... who is just average (only sometimes good/great) in my eyes. I respect Dida for all what he has done for Milan over the past few years, but his form has been falling rather sharply.
Egypt's biggest talent in the last few years was Mido. Look how well he did at Roma.
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 14:27   #8173

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero View Post
Similarly, look at Ali Karimi. Awesome Iranian player, but just could not get going in the Bundesliga.
karimi is 1 of the most overrated peices of **** He basically did the zidane around the world, and then everyone in Iran claimed him amazing. He cant break into iranian national team and hasnt been able to for a few years now.
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 14:27   #8174

e-Milan

Registered User
 
e-Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
e-Milan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero View Post
Similarly, look at Ali Karimi. Awesome Iranian player, but just could not get going in the Bundesliga.
They're good, but maybe mostly unstable with their good performance. About Ali Karimi, i've heard that he's too lazy to learn to settle with the bundesleague atmosphere, he doesn;t even want to learn the language.
e-Milan is offline  
Old 09-07-2008, 14:28   #8175

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero View Post
The only way to really judge this is to give him a chance. But players from that region have never really blossomed in Europe (North Africans and Zidane doesn't really count). They are not physically up to the task, and technically they are definitely inferior. Management would never go there to buy players.

Similarly, look at Ali Karimi. Awesome Iranian player, but just could not get going in the Bundesliga.
Well I'm a gambling type of person and would be willing to give him a chance... he does seem strong from what I've seen... while he is not technically skilled compared to other players, he has great potential.
Giancarlo is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:02.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.