AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-10-2004, 19:33   #76

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
Well... there are people here who are ABSOLUTELY not patient with the team's performance and it's quick to pinpoint the arrow at some of our players. He may even has his own analysis that I see it only falls apart when the otherday the very person he is pinpointing scores at the 1-0 game with some nice dribbling and long shot.

Peace... MM always has these people around.... either they come and say, "Sub. Seedorf is crazy (with the sub person actually has the best chance of scoring in the game)" or "F*** you Ambrosini" and when we win, either they say "I'm so happy forza Milan" or simply vanishes.

And appear again to make a fuss of not-a-big-deal and blaming individual player.

Some fans are just like these. They probably don't have enough INSIDE them to take everything into account.
I know how you feel and I feel the same at times. But there will be fans who dislike players one day and love them the next. Bayman has been complaining about the midfield for a couple of years now, but I remember the complaints stopped during the second half of last season, which is I guess the type of thing your referring to (nothing against you bayman, just giving an example).

All of us have days where a player will frustrate us with bad performances, but during those times we just have to look at the player and see whats going wrong. With Pirlo, its ridiculous to doubt his talent as he is brilliant at what he does and he has proven it more than enough times. He is going through a bad spell, but its no reason to lose faith. Lets remember Seedorf last year, who was atrocious in the first half of the season, but was brilliant in the second.

I've heard about bringing in a few midfielders with Maniche, Stankovic and Baraja mentioned. The only one who can play Pirlo's role there is Baraja, who I definately don't rate as high as Pirlo when both are playing well. As for the others, Maniche would take either Seedorf's or Rino's role. Now, personally, I think Rino adds bite to our side that would be lost with Maniche (who isn't as aggressive and doesn't play with as much heart and pride), while I don't think Seedorf is any worse than Maniche (actually, I would say Seedorf's better but more inconsistent). As for Stankovic, I can only picture him in Seedorf's role, but I don't see us getting him.

Anyway, hopefully at least some people here will be patient with the side, as I think they need it right now and beside, its not like our results are actually bad.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 22:39   #77

BaggioForever

Registered User
 
BaggioForever's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: Singapore
Fave Players: Cordino Divino, Paolo Maldini, King Shev
BaggioForever is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmando
Let me throw in my peace of mind here... Pirlo didn't play that badly yesterday... I personally think Seedorf was worse than Pirlo. Pirlo was alright but not great for sure, but he was helping out the D and trying to create something for offense. Seedorf was dragging and dribbling a lot without doing too much... if Seedorf and Rui plays together... it would be a really really slow game for Milan. I would like to see 2x Kaka.. rather than 2x Seedorf as a matter of fact. Crespo was still not in full form, wish he could speed up his recovery. Before the game started, I even thought Serginho would play along with Sheva given his history against INter... Anyway, one thing i want to b!tch about is that our squad is playing too fancy on field at times... especially at own back field... in the Barca game and the Inter game... they almost gave up goals to opponents by taking risk and making mistake. Oh... another reason we didn't win the game.. Fontana - he did really good yesterday to keep inter away from losing...




seedorf wasnt THAT bad com'on...he had some decent dribbles and quite instrumental in the 1st half in breaking away from inter's midfield..n if not for his injury in the 2nd half....we would had more option in attack rather than depending on cafu n kaka for the delivery... but i do agree we r playing too fancy against an offensive side n yea..ESPECIALLY in our own backyard!!..dangerous sia..i was sweating everytime they do that...

and according to someone..pirlo maybe complacent about his starting place as he under-performed in recent matches and needs to rotate him in order to feel the need to fight for his place...i feel thats b***sh*t...just becoz he ain performing well doesnt mean he isnt hardworking enough n am over-confident about his starting place. Take shev for example.. if he doesnt perform well...do we perceive that he is complacent with his starting position and needs to bench him in order for him to fight for his place?..i guess we dont..partly because he is so far our goal-machine (pirlo is our midfield architect) n secondly it will cause a major impact on the player's morale which is vital if they were to keep on performing up-to-standard. I am not saying we should let a player who under-performs all the time to keep on playing..but the fact is pirlo did not play too badly..altho his passes has let him down on serveral occasion...but his help in the defence more than make up for it...n Ancelotti will def agree (IMO ) n thus deserve the
starting-lineup....however if his passing is still not convincing..then maybe try bringing on Rui for a change could be good....but his under-performing is def not the result of being over-complacent....just like any other quality players in their bad days...he is still not on-form yet.....so like wat ACMILAN1983 had said, lets be patient...have faith in our players and they will not disappoint!!!~ i am sure!!~


Forza Milan~
__________________
"It is the desire that makes the champion" - Roby baggio

Last edited by BaggioForever; 25-10-2004 at 22:54.
BaggioForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 23:07   #78

BaggioForever

Registered User
 
BaggioForever's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: Singapore
Fave Players: Cordino Divino, Paolo Maldini, King Shev
BaggioForever is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983
I've heard about bringing in a few midfielders with Maniche, Stankovic and Baraja mentioned. The only one who can play Pirlo's role there is Baraja, who I definately don't rate as high as Pirlo when both are playing well. As for the others, Maniche would take either Seedorf's or Rino's role. Now, personally, I think Rino adds bite to our side that would be lost with Maniche (who isn't as aggressive and doesn't play with as much heart and pride), while I don't think Seedorf is any worse than Maniche (actually, I would say Seedorf's better but more inconsistent). As for Stankovic, I can only picture him in Seedorf's role, but I don't see us getting him. .

our midfield is irreplaceable IMO......definitely not Rino and Pirlo...they r the heart of our midfield...without them...we lose the aggressiveness, the work-rate, the creativity and most importantly, the passion that so well define our team's play in recent years...so no need to bring in new players...not @ the moment at least.. so stick with them!~
__________________
"It is the desire that makes the champion" - Roby baggio
BaggioForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2004, 02:19   #79

BFC82

Registered User
 
BFC82's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Location: USA
Fave Players: Alvaro Recoba, Javier Zanetti
BFC82
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk18
cocaine selling cordoba!!!
That was a very racist remark and I take offence to that as a latino, just b/c the man's colombian hes supposed to be selling drugs? How would you like it if told you to go blow up some cars or yourself in a bus full of innocent people?
__________________
Ti Amo Inter!
BFC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2004, 02:31   #80

sehnsucht79

Registered User
 
sehnsucht79's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Location: malaysia baaaaabyyyyy
Fave Players: the old lady
sehnsucht79 is on a distinguished road
must be honest I didn't read most of your posts, you milanistas get very analytical and emotional when it comes to the derby, no?

but I'd like to say one thing - why are people so heavily criticizing pirlo ? he might not have a good game against inter but the way some of you put it it's as if pirlo has been the worst player milan ever had, which obviously is not true. pirlo is of massive talent and he's proved that time and time again, and seeing his fans jump at once critizing him after one bad match is disgusting.
__________________
VISIT JUVENTUS FAN CLUB MALAYSIA <--- UPDATED
Biar putih mata, jangan putih tulang.
FORZA JUVENTUS! MY BLOOD IS BLACK AND WHITE
sehnsucht79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2004, 02:53   #81
Nova
Guest
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
You can't tell since they hardly played together.
Well they did play together and thank god I watched it

Jeff , I really dont see milan losing with 3-0 or whatever when kaka and Rui playing together ... I said it once and I'm saying it again , I would love to see those 2 players play together
  Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2004, 04:11   #82

almilan

Registered User
 
almilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2004
Location: Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini, Baresi, Gullit, Shevchenko, Kaka
almilan is an unknown quantity at this point
didnt get a chance to post views until now. we have no reason to complain, milan played brillant in my opinion full of determination and creating lots of chances. both teams deserved to score but we should have got a couple. the only reason we didnt score is that Inter had a bit of luck. nesta and Kaka were both amazing and I think Crespo did okay too and I hope he starts the next game.. the highlight for me was when adrianno started to break free with a headstart on nesta and then nesta made a crunching challenge. gattuso comes in and robs the ball gives it don paolo who skips past two players a la Kaka and passes a long ball a la Pirlo picking out sheva who almosts scores.
almilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2004, 07:32   #83

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggioForever
our midfield is irreplaceable IMO......definitely not Rino and Pirlo...they r the heart of our midfield...without them...we lose the aggressiveness, the work-rate, the creativity and most importantly, the passion that so well define our team's play in recent years...so no need to bring in new players...not @ the moment at least.. so stick with them!~
lol, sorry, I just realised a little mistake I made in that paragraph you quoted. I said why we shouldn't get the midfielders mentioned, but I didn't mention my point which is we don't need new midfielders at all at the moment, as the ones we have are world class when playing to their standards.

I agree with Sally, criticizing a player so much based on the odd performance is disgusting, unless you're simply criticizing the performance itself in the one match (personally, I would say Haroon's posts mostly fit in this category).

One thing to point out to those who are getting annoyed with those heavily criticising Pirlo. There are forums that are far worse when it comes to criticising a player for ridiculous reasons than this one, so lets at least be glad it isn't so bad here.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2004, 10:18   #84
Nova
Guest
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFC82
That was a very racist remark and I take offence to that as a latino, just b/c the man's colombian hes supposed to be selling drugs? How would you like it if told you to go blow up some cars or yourself in a bus full of innocent people?
lightin up if you think that's being harsh on a perdenti player , hohoho , you should hear the rest of our opinions on present and past perdenti players

I repeat : hohoho
  Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2004, 15:39   #85

BFC82

Registered User
 
BFC82's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Location: USA
Fave Players: Alvaro Recoba, Javier Zanetti
BFC82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova
lightin up if you think that's being harsh on a perdenti player , hohoho , you should hear the rest of our opinions on present and past perdenti players

I repeat : hohoho
I could care less if all of you here make fun of him in the context of football, but when it gets to be racial, thats out of line.

Hey Goirre, buen trabajo defendiendo los hispanos chamo...no seas tan impocrita!
__________________
Ti Amo Inter!
BFC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2004, 15:59   #86
Nova
Guest
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFC82
I could care less if all of you here make fun of him in the context of football, but when it gets to be racial, thats out of line.
Racial ?? What's so racial about the drug joke ? alltough drugs may be the main export product of colombia , as wel as olives are in greece Charisteas is a hairy dude , all greeks are btw so if you make fun out of that , is that racial too ? noooo , that funny too me again , lighten up ... and dont forget , this still is MILANmania , joking on Perdenti's is a casual thing here .
  Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2004, 16:08   #87

BFC82

Registered User
 
BFC82's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Location: USA
Fave Players: Alvaro Recoba, Javier Zanetti
BFC82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova
Racial ?? What's so racial about the drug joke ? alltough drugs may be the main export product of colombia , as wel as olives are in greece Charisteas is a hairy dude , all greeks are btw so if you make fun out of that , is that racial too ? noooo , that funny too me again , lighten up ... and dont forget , this still is MILANmania , joking on Perdenti's is a casual thing here .

You obviously dont get it...
__________________
Ti Amo Inter!
BFC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2004, 16:29   #88

mk18

BANNED!
 
mk18's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: amman, JORDAN
Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
mk18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFC82
That was a very racist remark and I take offence to that as a latino, just b/c the man's colombian hes supposed to be selling drugs? How would you like it if told you to go blow up some cars or yourself in a bus full of innocent people?
i dont know whats wrong with u but uve been behind my back on every perdenti-linked comment i made... lsn man that is not a racist joke, like nova said its a drug joke and latino or not u gotta admit that theres something weird about drugs and colombians (i didnt say altinos btw i said colombians). hey GTA3 has a part where colombians deal with drugs go sue them and maybe ull make some money out of it

u need to lighten up, if u said something like us arabs have moustaches, or we never agree on things or about the oil we have i dont find it racist... its like saying moustaches to is arabs like chest hair is to greeks which itself is like cocaine is to colombians.
mk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2004, 17:55   #89
Nova
Guest
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk18
...its like saying moustaches to is arabs like chest hair is to greeks ...
To my defence , chesthair is not a bad thing
  Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2004, 21:08   #90

Goirre

Moderator
 
Goirre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Summerland, US
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini-Franco Baresi-Billy Costacurta
Goirre is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFC82
Hey Goirre, buen trabajo defendiendo los hispanos chamo...no seas tan impocrita!
don't you call me hipocrita, I was away for 2 days and only now I saw mk18's post, you expect me to magically pop up everytime something like this happens?? .....so watch out who you call hipocrita.

Quote:
its like saying moustaches is to arabs like chest hair is to greeks which itself is like cocaine is to colombians.
no comparison whatsoever......for the records, I do agree with BFC82 in that your original post was out of place mk18. I'm sure any Interisti that comes around can only expect us to make fun of Inter and/or its players, I myself don't get tired of calling them Perdentis, but please try to keep the "attacks" in 'football terms' and avoid using this type of comments.
__________________
!!!FORZA MAGICO MILAN!!!

!!!VIVA EL BOLIVAR CARAJO!!!


Serie A Prediction League 2002/2003 Champion
Serie A Prediction League 2003/2004 Champion

Last edited by Goirre; 26-10-2004 at 21:12.
Goirre is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.