![]() |
|
|
#76 |
|
Guest
|
Kui u are quating yourself??? LOL
I didn't attack no body's oppinion, some guys here just started to push me and make fun of me so I told them to "f*ck off".... and to be honest I'm beginning to get tired of this debate. The team that Sheva played in the 90th was a good team, but it can't be called a great team. And except that Dynamo always has considered to be outsiders and never realy get the respect they deserve. I know certanly that uefa is more a "west european" organization than "european".....in fact I know that my country suffered a lot to a bad treatment from Uefa (and it's judges) and created many good players that were "ignored" by the west (because the cold war thing and all)... For example in the CL promo on tv u can see Arsenal's logo, and there is no Dynamo Kiev's logo or any other east-european's team. And it's pretty unfair because Arsenal even never got path the quater-finals. I'm pretty sure that if Sheva was born in big football-country and played in better club (milan's more succesfull period) he would be remembered if not better than MvB than at least at the same level. |
|
|
|
#77 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini
![]() |
Sash, to an extent you are correct. One of Europes great players played for my country in a time when we were very poor and he got no international recognition what so ever. Sorry to bring his name up in here as he was a Juve and Inter player but Liam Brady was magical and any self respecting Seria A or Juve fan will tell you that. But he was Irish palyed for a small country with no footballing history and so never got the recognition he deserved. But thats life it happens in every walk of life not just football. Only thing to do is get over it and get passed it.
__________________
--------------------- Two colours, One love |
|
|
|
|
|
#78 |
|
Guest
|
Ok... so I just pointed it out, that one of the reasons that MvN is considered greater than Sheva is because he was dutch and played for a big club... If he was ukranian (or Irish) than surely he would be less succesfull and famous.
That's what I said from the beginning and some people gave me this "u contradicting yourself" or "Holland is not a great national team" crap.... |
|
|
|
#79 | ||
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
![]() |
Quote:
Quote:
![]()
__________________
...and that is my opinion, but I could be wrong Last edited by Henrik; 28-02-2005 at 19:47. |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#80 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
![]() |
Sash... You're not going to make an enemy out of me but you gotta chill. Calm down. Yes there are people who can be condescending here but dont be trying to pull that cr@p on me. I'm trying to clear the air hear and it seems your attitude hasnt changed sinced you left this site last time with a fit. If that is the way it is going to be than I'M SORRY. That is your issue you will have to deal with but you're not going to last here very long telling people to F-off. I've been very patient and respectful to you here. I've apologized to you if I was involved in you getting mad and I even tried to offer some advice. From your last post you're the guy laughing at me. I dont know what the deal is dude.
Quating???? I am quating myself? Kindly tell me what you mean? I've never heard that word before. Maybe a typo? Last edited by Kui; 01-03-2005 at 07:47. |
|
|
|
|
|
#81 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#82 |
|
Guest
|
Kui I didn't attacked u and I am calmed... what are u talking about me trying to make an enemy out of u??? In previos page u quoted yourself and it's just kind'a funny that's all....
|
|
|
|
#83 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
![]() |
Ok... I'm just trying to get clarification that's all. Oh! I "quoted" myself. Hahaha that is kinda funny. I didnt notice that. Alright were all good. That's what I needed to know. Peace Bro!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#84 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini
![]() |
have to say that was kind of strange kui, seemed to be engaging in conversation wtih yourself there when you had your own post in a quote.
__________________
--------------------- Two colours, One love |
|
|
|
|
|
#85 |
|
BANNED!
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: amman, JORDAN
Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
![]() |
kui u need to cut down on alcohol man .. hehe
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#86 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
![]() |
Guys I quoted myself so that I had some way to show you all that I wasnt taking anything away that Sheva had earned as a player. And to try to stay consistent in my case that we had a dialogue on.
As far as drinking. Well something good must be in the water cause that is what I had. Guys wanna try some??? heheheh! |
|
|
|
|
|
#87 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini
![]() |
Quote:
__________________
--------------------- Two colours, One love |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#88 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
![]() |
Yeah it does seem like I had some messed up head talking to myself huh. I should start a thread like that where I just quote myself and respond to my own threads. That would make me look really looney. |
|
|
|
|
|
#89 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 1999
![]() |
Quote:
1)Versatility: MVB was a complete player in the sense that he could play as a striker and a playmaker up front. You will never see Shevchenko play in Kaka's role or Rui Costa's role for the current Milan. MVB has played in that role with applomb. Winner: MVB. 2)Heading: MVB's height made him a tremendous arieal threat. Shevchenko has a DEADLY heading capability as well so I will say this is a TIE. 3)Instinct: Sheva has impressed me with his tremendous instinct on where the goal is. I have seen him score goals without looking up. But it is instinct that has made MVB what he is. If I have seen Sheva score without looking at the goal, I have seen MVB move towards the goal and score simply by instinctively predicting how the opposition would play him. His grace threw defenders off so much so that they only way they could stop him was to bring him down with a crunching foul (which led to alll those injuries). There is a reason why he is called the Swan of Utrecht - because of his tremendous grace. Winner: MVB. 4) Goalscoring: Can anyone argue against Sheva's deadly skills at scoring goals? He is assisted by players of the calibre of Pirlo, Kaka, Cafu, Rui Costa to provide him the ammo to score. MVB on the other hand was supplied by Gullit, Donadoni, maybe ancelotti and er.... hmm. MVB didn't really rely on playmakers. Back then the overlapping run by the half-backs didn't occur as much as they did today. Back then it wasn't a defender like cafu running up the right flank, but a RIGHT WINGER (yes, that term is gone from todays' soccer terminology). It was always Guillit who ran up the flank and sent in a deadly cross. If not Gullit, it was Donadoni. MVB was not RELIANT on crosses sent in to him. He made his own goals. he could be in box crowded with defenders but he could still make a goal out of his situation. I will have to give the edge to MVB on this but only by hair because he didn't have the quality of goal providers as sheva does. Winner: MVB 5) Scoring style: Let's be honest here Sheva fans. Have we ever seen sheva score a bicycle kick? Style points EASILY go to MVB. Not just that, his bicycle kick for Ajax and his goal for Holland against Russia have both been called goals of the century! Sheva hasn't scored anything that spectacular. This is unfair to sheva but I have to give it to MVB again. If you have seen the number of volleys and bicycles this guy has scored from, you will agree that for this round the winner is MVB. Winner MVB6) Scoring with both feet: MVB was equally adept at scoring with both left and right feet which makes him a threat no matter which side he is attacking from. It adds to his versatility because he can be positioned either to the right or left of the goalie. Sheva doesn't have that edge to his game. Winner: MVB 7) Speed: This is tricky. Both players are very fast. Sheva's control while on the run is tremendous as witnessed by his goals against Lazio a few seasons ago when Milan tied 4 - 4 with them, as well as against Real Madrid in 2001. I will give this to Sheva because of his consistency and control while running at high speeds. Winner: Shevchenko MISC: * Holland was not considered a BIG TEAM in europe back in 1988. Nobody expcted them to win the title. * Serie A back then was 2 points for a win, not 3. * Serie A back then was not so kind to attackers as it is now. Back then, two legged lunges by defenders was not a yellow card, tackles from behind were legal, and forwards got no special treatment. MVB had to do battle LITERALLY with tough hard defenders like Pietro Vierchowod, Ciro Ferrara etc... These guys didn't give a damn if MVB's ankle was busted. They HAD to stop him and if it meant a bone crunching tackle, so be it. Shevchenko gets a lot of protection from the ref and rightly so. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#90 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Singapore
![]() |
It's good to be back!!!! The last time I last posted is 2003! Look what Happen!!! I can't believe there could be anyone that would dare say, Shevchenko is better than van Basten!! Obviously Sash21 hasn't seen enough of Marco Van Basten.
I would like to ask anyone who think Sheva is better to enlighten me, which part of Shevchenko is better than Marco?? Don't get me wrong, I like Shevchenko and I think he's the best forward playing today, wouldn't trade him with anyone else. I appreciate and celebrate his contribution to Milan. He will be one of Milan greats but better than van Basten? How can you even compare MVB to Ruud Van Nistelrooy. What an insult??? Ruud is not even half of van Basten. The only thing they have in common is the "van" in the middle. Marco has score many beautiful brethtaking goals throughout his career, but one goal really stood out for me "a cross coming from the right, into the crowed penalty area, van Basten is at far post as the ball came to him, surely any striker would try to take the shot early coz van Basten was surrounded, by he suprised everyone by controlling the ball, the stick to his left foot (imagine van nistelrooy try that, what a mess), defenders stunned, MVB take a shot with his right foot across the goalie and hit the right post and into the net. Sound simple isn't, precision, peerless technic, composure, control. So still think Sheva is better?
__________________
MVB |
|
|
|