AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > MilanMania > Forum News & Views

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-06-2007, 11:50   #76

mzk57

Registered User
 
mzk57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
I was watching other AC Milan related websites and in one of them there was abt other well known 'AC Milan sites ' on internet. A litle bit description with every site. MM was also mentioned there and in its description it was stated that "a cpuple of years back MM was the BEST (unofficial) AC Milan website on net but now its not like that but its community is still going strong" I just wonder what happened to MM????? Most of the links apart from the forum link in the main page are not working I am sure members like me who joind MM in the recent years would like to know abt MM dat why it has fallen off from being the best over all website of AC Milan
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 11:47   #77

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzk57
members like me who joind MM in the recent years would like to know why it has fallen off from being the best over all website of AC Milan
I think you just answered your own question.
Blacktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 20:34   #78

Jasper

Registered User
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Jasper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWTaylor
I think you just answered your own question.
Bullzeye
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 07:23   #79

Debs

Administrator
 
Debs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgos
Rez i don't ask, i just propose that a chat would be ideal for all of us.... If you will do sthng in the future it will be perfect.
I've shown Rez a sample of a free chat I'm familiar with. Once we get the server issue settled, we'll look into chat. Main thing I'm going for is FREE b/c I know usage will be somewhat limited. When we had chat in the past the main usage was during games. Second issue to me is that it can handle quyite a few users and the one I've been using elsewhere has been able to handle 40+ users at once. We'll keep you posted!
__________________
...not your normal paranormal....
Debs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 07:31   #80

Debs

Administrator
 
Debs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzk57
I just wonder what happened to MM????? Most of the links apart from the forum link in the main page are not working I am sure members like me who joind MM in the recent years would like to know abt MM dat why it has fallen off from being the best over all website of AC Milan
One thing that happened to MM a few years ago was the the original creator of the site--Jan, a fan from Denmark-- basically vanished due to problems in his personal life, INCLUDING being in debt to the server he was using to the tune of several thousand dollars. We were lucky to save what we could of the original MM site, which is why alot of the "main page" doesn't work. We've asked for help re-creating those pages, the only person to come forward has been Graeme. I can't re-write all the stuff that was on there. So we're left figuring out what this site should be like. The main portion, and to me the important portion is the forum, and luckily back when a group of us were forced into taking over and finding a new server, we were able to keep the forum pretty much intact.

Also historically we'll get regular users who decide that instead of sticking aorund and helping to solve the real or imagined problem of "poor quality posting", they'd rather jump ship and go someplace else to whine and complain aobut this forum. If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem, it's as simple as that!

So aside from the....ahem...other answers posted....that's the reason our main page is in the state its in!
__________________
...not your normal paranormal....
Debs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 09:23   #81

mzk57

Registered User
 
mzk57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs
So aside from the....ahem...other answers posted....that's the reason our main page is in the state its in!
So u wana say I am one of the reasons ?? If really want me to leave MM once and for all, I will leave it.
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 10:37   #82

Debs

Administrator
 
Debs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough
Don't jump on me, I'm not the 2 people who made the comments I was jokingly referring to. Other than that, you're so welcome for the explanation. Another other criticism of the site?
__________________
...not your normal paranormal....
Debs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 11:01   #83

Graeme C

Moderator
 
Graeme C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs
One thing that happened to MM a few years ago was the the original creator of the site--Jan, a fan from Denmark-- basically vanished due to problems in his personal life, INCLUDING being in debt to the server he was using to the tune of several thousand dollars. We were lucky to save what we could of the original MM site, which is why alot of the "main page" doesn't work. We've asked for help re-creating those pages, the only person to come forward has been Graeme. I can't re-write all the stuff that was on there. So we're left figuring out what this site should be like. The main portion, and to me the important portion is the forum, and luckily back when a group of us were forced into taking over and finding a new server, we were able to keep the forum pretty much intact.

Also historically we'll get regular users who decide that instead of sticking aorund and helping to solve the real or imagined problem of "poor quality posting", they'd rather jump ship and go someplace else to whine and complain aobut this forum. If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem, it's as simple as that!

So aside from the....ahem...other answers posted....that's the reason our main page is in the state its in!
I havent forgotten My plan is in the next couple of weeks design and make a "working" milanmania site. I would have liked to have done it earlier but with uni stuff its been hard. Like debs said the most difficult thing is to rely on one person to come up with content for the pages, but im up having a go.
__________________
"Its far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." -- Carl Sagan
Graeme C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 11:19   #84

Debs

Administrator
 
Debs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough

Thanks Graeme!!
__________________
...not your normal paranormal....
Debs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 11:22   #85

mzk57

Registered User
 
mzk57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs
Don't jump on me, I'm not the 2 people who made the comments I was jokingly referring to. Other than that, you're so welcome for the explanation.
For me the words said by a soccer fan whose HERO is a thing like d!da means less compared to the words said by the fan whose choice is Paolo Maldini

Plus don't for get she will be banned sooner of later bcoz of one or another reason But U r the owner of MM so if the Boss wants me to leave then its means I have to leave I hope u understand now


Quote:
Another other criticism of the site?
U got be kidding me U call it a criticism???? When i saw that on another website, I felt very sorry. I have been here for more than a year so definitely being a proud member and THE BEST PUNDIT of MM I must know abt the reasons of its slight decline
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 12:41   #86

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
mzk, if someone found a cure for cancer and was a Dida fan, you'd get your Pampers in a knot over that as well. Could you easily take over from Debs and run this forum? I didn't think so. So quit griping.

Quote:
So u wana say I am one of the reasons ?? If really want me to leave MM once and for all, I will leave it.
I'm tempted to agree with you, but if you did leave, we all wouldn't have someone to pick on anymore. So please stay.
Blacktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2007, 06:19   #87

Graeme C

Moderator
 
Graeme C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs

Thanks Graeme!!
your welcome! il have a go, i might take my site down, and put it up on graemechidgey.com. I have wordpress on there, so it might be quicker just doing that.
__________________
"Its far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." -- Carl Sagan
Graeme C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2007, 07:14   #88

Debs

Administrator
 
Debs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough
If you did put it up on your site, we could use it as a test run. Just let us know!
__________________
...not your normal paranormal....
Debs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2007, 07:58   #89

Graeme C

Moderator
 
Graeme C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
yeah sure, the problem im having atm is that the design i made cannot be directly put into wordpress. I have to build the wordpress site first, then change the design which is a pain. Im trying to find a "webzine" wordpress theme which will allowed us to have a cover story and substories.
__________________
"Its far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." -- Carl Sagan
Graeme C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2007, 09:18   #90

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Graeme C...may the force be with you!!
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:06.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.