![]() |
|
|
#76 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
![]() |
Egad. Does Carlo realize that the San Siro contingent could give two s***s about Beckham?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#77 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
![]() ![]() ![]() |
I don't agree Beckham is useless. We don't have any player good in crosses and playing on the wings as its natural role.
I think Beckham will stay because he offers quality tactical options to Milan, not least the game on the wings we've always lacked since the good old days of Serginho. Put a proper first striker inside the box and you'll see us capitalise Beckham crosses.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES |
|
|
|
|
|
#78 |
|
Administrator
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
![]() ![]() ![]() |
The issue is if we can find another player that can do that and may be even more. Surely good crossing for good forwards is required in most any formation.
__________________
aka rezag |
|
|
|
|
|
#79 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: USA
Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
![]() |
Whats the point of good crossing if there is not target man? Boriello, Toni etc.
__________________
A.C. MILAN and F.K.ŽELJEZNICAR< |
|
|
|
|
|
#80 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
For a defender, defending a lateral cross is always more difficult than defending a central pass, and it is even more difficult as much as it comes from the end of the field. The low cross Beckham did for Inzaghi in the Hanover game is exactly what i mean.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES Last edited by Giovanni; 24-01-2009 at 16:22. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#81 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: USA
Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
![]() |
Quote:
Also sucks our target man has benn injured for months now. I cant even remember how many games Marco played for us this season. Maybe 5? If that many... which sucks.
__________________
A.C. MILAN and F.K.ŽELJEZNICAR< |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#82 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
![]() ![]() ![]() |
I respect your opinion, but it's a matter of tastes, and the Romans used to say that discussions on personal tastes are useless.
I was trying to do a technical analysis, not makinga poll on how many like/dislike Beckham. Let's leave out of discussion the economical aspect: Beckham brings revenue and more or less 15 M in a few months, which allow the management to invest self made money. I'm confident to prove i'm right. Let's wait 6 months and see. I don't like easy opinions, and bashing Beckham looks like the most common sport of many football fans.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES |
|
|
|
|
|
#83 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
![]() |
Playing a man becouse he can cross a ball is ridiculous. AND, ALL of his crosses were horrible so far. Gio please do not compare Serginho in Milan to today's Beckham. Do you realise how much trouble he creates for Zambrotta by not being able to close down the flank properly when Zambro goes up? It was visible on Viola game. Beckham was completely unable to play vs Jovetic ( just to mention, this boy will be a super player, I'd pay huge money for him, it can be seen in his every touch).
Yes, lateral crosses are more dificult to defend, but he does more damage then good, and right now is absolutely not needed in milan's formation. Also ,you would play Beckham, Pirlo, Kaka' , Pato and Boriello ( to go for crosses of Becks...) in the same team? Yes...and who will defend?? I stand by my peronal oppinion ( its just mine, noncerning PURELY football tactics of AC Milan ) that Beckham plays simply coz he has some kind of a contract and coz Milan makes money. Out of 10 caracteristics ofmodern misdfielder, Flamini is better in 9 compared to Beckham right now. Out with the spice boy. Play man that deserve to play. And lets not be smart talking about old Romans, they are just copy of Athens with less wisdom and spirit.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
Last edited by mrki; 24-01-2009 at 16:47. |
|
|
|
|
|
#84 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
![]() ![]() ![]() |
I smell another endless discussion "on the two chief world systems".
I will just reply to you last line: it's me, not you, who decides how to write MY posts.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES |
|
|
|
|
|
#85 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2007
Fave Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gilardino, Buffon, Nesta...
![]() |
excuse me mrki, but werent you one of the Carlo bashers for using 3 DM's?
now that he's using only 1, or wait he's not using any, and playing attacking football, you're still bashing him, So for gods sake make up your mind... do you want attacking football, or do you want defensive football? or is it simply that you just want to bash Carlo/Milan every time you get the chance? I just dont get it ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#86 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: USA
Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
![]() |
I think what mrki is trying to say is Carlo needs to find a balance. You dont need 3DM but you can play Falmini in place of Backham. I mean the guy is not our future, he does not need to play with us. All Backham wanted is to train not to play every match. Galliani is making him do all that. Falmini is our future and needs to be on that field.
__________________
A.C. MILAN and F.K.ŽELJEZNICAR< |
|
|
|
|
|
#87 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
![]() |
Quote:
To dismiss an entire tradition as a "copy" is a bit glib, in my opinion. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#88 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
![]() |
Why is Favalli playing ahead of Antonini? and if it were up to me I'd play Sheva instead of Beckham. A midfield of Ambro - Pirlo - Seedorf would be fine, with Kaka-Pato-Sheva upfront.
But hey our coach is Carlo Ancelotti - so always expect the illogical solution! |
|
|
|
|
|
#89 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2008
![]() |
Quote:
what the hell is happening ? |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#90 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Fave Players: Rossonero
![]() |
he just had one training session . he needs time to be called in maybe next game.
__________________
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|