AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-08-2009, 06:04   #76

the_eels

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2006
the_eels is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
Now, you could easily say, "it was Siena" but it was exactly these sorts of games that we would draw when Kaka was at the helm. And when a team like Siena plays like they did, destructive, negative, and afraid of us, they tried to shackle Dinho more then top teams would.

Inter is not going to put 7 guys behind the ball. They might because of their lack of creativity, but it won't be on purpose. This will give either Dinho more room, Pato, Pirlo, or Huntelaar. Honestly, I'm feeling good about this game.

I can't wait for this Derby,
You are right, Kaka was not exactly the type which could consistently unlock defenses which "put a bus in front of the goal" through creative dribbling or killer passing. Reversely, I felt that Milan has lost a big part of its counter-attacking threat by losing Kaka - and these are the kind of counter-attacking space which makes that little difference in big matches.

Perhaps Pato may fill the role. But the team is not exactly the fastest ... not that it was that fast the season before, but we have lost quite a bit of speed overall and continue to lose this advantage.

I expect the approach from both sides to be cautious and perhaps a draw would be the right result in the end. All this big gung-ho talk from both sides probably is a just "a show" which actually comes from the fear they have for each other.
the_eels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 07:29   #77

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Depressing news is I'm probably going to have to miss the match tomorrow due to other engagements. If anyone knows where I might be able to download later it would be a great help.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 07:32   #78

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
make your fantasy football teams already at www.goalarabia.com ! there's already a few members from milanmania there... the group name is Milanmania and the password is milanmania.. try it out, its a much better fantasy football league than the rest of the ones you've tried for Serie A!
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 07:57   #79

Revolver

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2009
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia
Revolver is on a distinguished road
Their are suggestions in last reports that Inter will play 4-3-3. There some some good and some bad things about this. Bad thing is that Zanetti will replace Muntari on the right side od midfield which will give even more freedom for Macion to push forward. Stankovic will play on Cambiasso's place, and that's not good because Inter will have a lot of power in midfield. We HAVE to play Seedorf, then. We must take possession of the ball and without Seedorf that will not happen. With Seedorf, Pirlo and Ronaldinho, we could easily take possession and attack and that way Maicon will limit his forward runs. That way they will play long balls from the defense and their three forwards will be handled by offside traps, IF Jankulovski doesn't **** up, because you can communicate with this guy, he's ****in def. He'll be no use going forward also, against Maicon and Zanetti he doesn't stand a chance. So, I think we should play Antonini on the right and Zambrotta on the left. Left side od Inter's attack will be no existant because Chivu will be their LB and Motta LM, the only things Antonini should do is participate in offside-trap making and make width in midfield. His more then capable to do this.
Then it's to us to capitalize our possession. Our forwards should be Pato and Inzaghi. It will be very hard to break their defense, but I think it will be the key to take Walter Samuel out of their box. Because of this, Pato must play on the right and his main job should be to take Samuel with him out of Inter's box, because Inzaghi have no interest in team work, his only interest is to score. That will leave Inzaghi all alone with Lucio, and if there are any weakness' in Lucio's game it's handling an agile, always-moving player. And we have Ronny and Pirlo, or even Seedorf, to pass the ball to him.

To conclude:

Inter's team: Cesar - Maicon, Lucio, Samuel, Chivu - Zanetti, Stankovic, Motta - Balotelli, Milito, Eto'o.

Our team: Storari - Antonini, Nesta, Silva, Zambrotta - Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf - Ronaldinho - Pato, Inzaghi.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 08:17   #80

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
Their are suggestions in last reports that Inter will play 4-3-3. There some some good and some bad things about this. Bad thing is that Zanetti will replace Muntari on the right side od midfield which will give even more freedom for Macion to push forward. Stankovic will play on Cambiasso's place, and that's not good because Inter will have a lot of power in midfield. We HAVE to play Seedorf, then. We must take possession of the ball and without Seedorf that will not happen. With Seedorf, Pirlo and Ronaldinho, we could easily take possession and attack and that way Maicon will limit his forward runs. That way they will play long balls from the defense and their three forwards will be handled by offside traps, IF Jankulovski doesn't **** up, because you can communicate with this guy, he's ****in def. He'll be no use going forward also, against Maicon and Zanetti he doesn't stand a chance. So, I think we should play Antonini on the right and Zambrotta on the left. Left side od Inter's attack will be no existant because Chivu will be their LB and Motta LM, the only things Antonini should do is participate in offside-trap making and make width in midfield. His more then capable to do this.
Then it's to us to capitalize our possession. Our forwards should be Pato and Inzaghi. It will be very hard to break their defense, but I think it will be the key to take Walter Samuel out of their box. Because of this, Pato must play on the right and his main job should be to take Samuel with him out of Inter's box, because Inzaghi have no interest in team work, his only interest is to score. That will leave Inzaghi all alone with Lucio, and if there are any weakness' in Lucio's game it's handling an agile, always-moving player. And we have Ronny and Pirlo, or even Seedorf, to pass the ball to him.

To conclude:

Inter's team: Cesar - Maicon, Lucio, Samuel, Chivu - Zanetti, Stankovic, Motta - Balotelli, Milito, Eto'o.

Our team: Storari - Antonini, Nesta, Silva, Zambrotta - Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf - Ronaldinho - Pato, Inzaghi.

We all love Gattuso, but lets be objective here...if we are going to play with od DM than it has to be Flamini, his the best we have atm, and it is abundantly clear. And frankly i`m a bit pissed wit people still writing
-----gattuso--pirlo---ambro/flamini---

He has proven last season and even more this one that he is our best DM for now.
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati
kastriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 09:33   #81

icculus

Registered User
 
icculus's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
icculus is on a distinguished road
another facinating aspect to this game, is that we get a little insight into our new coach.

is he going to go offensive / defensive...plus at this stage in the season, we have most of all our players available. many options to choose from.

one things for sure, i doubt we will see the xmas tree formation.

on dm post above...i bet we play with 2 dm's, if leo is going to use 2 against seina, i bet he'll use 2 against inter. rino and flamini to start. ambro to replace whomever most worn out after 60 min.
icculus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 09:55   #82

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kastriot View Post
We all love Gattuso, but lets be objective here...if we are going to play with od DM than it has to be Flamini, his the best we have atm, and it is abundantly clear. And frankly i`m a bit pissed wit people still writing
-----gattuso--pirlo---ambro/flamini---

He has proven last season and even more this one that he is our best DM for now.
Pretty much agreed. Flamini is one of the first names on the teamsheet with Nesta, Thiago and Pato.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 13:01   #83

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
If I am Leo, I would put Flamini on the left and man mark Maicon the whole match.

I think it will not be as tight as some might think. Not saying it will be a wide open game but it will not be an ultra defensive game.

Milito and Nesta will be the key for both teams.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 15:03   #84

M.O.I.

Registered User
 
M.O.I.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2008
Fave Players: nesta,paolo,kaka,sheva(not $heva) and me..
M.O.I. has disabled reputation
well i am on vacation,so i have only 5 mins t write..

i see a lot of pessimism for the match,and i think its a bit overreaction..
everybody knows that etoo and milito are 2 wc players,really dangerous,but you keep ignoring inter's medfield..they may be solid defensively but they cannot pass 3 times in a row literally!!they have 0 quality offensivelly in their med..thats the reason they were outclassed by man utd last year,thats the reason they will be outclassed by any wc team..it doesnt matter how good your attackes are when you have no creative power in the medfield..
this inter is nowhere near ancelotti's milan(3-4 years ago) or capello's juve..

ps i know they got snejder(i stay in touch),i hope he wont play against us,so they(inter) prove my words..although i dont think he was type of the 10 they needed,still better than nth..
__________________
AC Milan Prediction League Champion 2008-09
Serie A Prediction League Champion 2008-09


"2+2=5"
M.O.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 18:32   #85

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
MILAN-INTER: I CONVOCATI ROSSONERI
28/08/2009 19.10.00

MILANO - Questi i giocatori convocati da Mister Leonardo per la partita di domani contro l'Inter:
Roma, Storari, Antonini, Favalli, Jankulovski, Nesta, Onyewu, Thiago Silva, Zambrotta, Abate, Ambrosini, Flamini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Borriello, Inzaghi, Pato, Ronaldinho, Huntelaar.
Giocatori indisponibili: Abbiati, Bonera, Di Gennaro.
Giocatori non convocati: Kaladze, Oddo.
A disposizione per ogni evenienza: Dida.

The conference:

Quote:
MILANELLO - The start of the press conference, a few hours after the Montecarlo draw, could only have been about the destiny that pitted Milan against Kaká. Leonardo answered, but also emphasized that the most important and imminent appointment is the derby: "It will be a great emotion, against Real Madrid in the Champions League. We'll play against a team who have spent a lot, but we can't lose sight of the other teams: Marseille are growing and they're a team who can do well in the Champions League, then Zurich which is a team we know... Now, though, it's better to think about the derby."

Quickly closing the European topic it was time to talk about the next opponents, Inter: "It's a derby that comes very soon, I think it's the first time it's on the second matchday. The concentration doesn't change, because it's a special match in itself. We are confident about the match after what we've been doing recently. We've been working well, and now we face the team who have won in the last four years, so we can't lack motivation.
Victories are a consequence of many things. We are growing and you can see it on the pitch. I think that the way we are doing things now will bring good results. That should be our basis."

On the Nerazzurri formation Leonardo said: "Inter have more certainties, they're coming off years of supremacy in the league. They have based their success on the physical strength. In the last few years we have struggled in Italy and we are trying to restart with another type of football. When you think of a favorite it's normal to think about Inter. I don't think it's a 'poorer' derby, because the derby is the derby and also without Kaká and Ibra it remains a great match. The thing that worries me the most is the system they might play. They really have many possibilities to use their players how they want. They're an unpredictable team. From Zanetti to Santon, from Stankovic to Balotelli... in any case they're all players who may or may not play and play in different roles. I don't think our weak point are the full backs. Our playing system initially was supposed to be different, with three strikers and three midfielders. Then things changed for various reasons and we now have the system most suited to us. We must think about us and our own mechanisms."

The tactical part, in tomorrow's match, will be important and on that Leonardo said: "When Inter and Milan play against each other, aside from preceding results or the form or the arrival of a player, anything can happen. I don't say it to be diplomatic. I don't know how they might play, they have many solutions available. Then Mourinho also often changes during a match. He tries many solutions within the 90 minutes. They have many alternatives and the important thing is to know they could use them."

"If I said I haven't thought that tomorrow I could be 5 points clear I would lie. But it would still be early. In Italy consistency is too important, tomorrow is just one stop in a very long journey. In this aspect it becomes important to win without playing well in today's football.
Inter are changing their skin, also because until last year they had a player like Ibra who often allowed them to skip the midfield. Now they are changing this attitude. From our part I think Milan have always had the mentality of an elegant team, capable of playing the ball around and that should always be our philosophy."

After everything that's been written and said, it was inevitable to talk about the relationship with president Berlusconi: "With the president we talk about everything. He's often with us, if he's not here I talk to him on the phone. On Ronaldinho I can say he has tried all these roles, Pato has to grow as a first striker, but he can do it. I think the basis, in agreement with him, is that of two strikers. Then there are some matches and moments where you can try other solutions. If I'm here it's because everyone knows everything. I think it's normal to talk about what he thinks, because he's a public person. He says certain things thinking everyone is always at 100%, but then I make my own evaluations day by day. I've asked him to be as close as possible, because I think it's important. There's nothing new in what the president said, either about the various roles of the players or the new arrivals, and we've talked about it for hours on the phone. They are not new things, because both I and the team know the things that were said. I don't believe everything that's written in the papers, because I only trust what I hear with my own ears. His words on Kaká, concerning that he didn't invent football? I don't think they're true, because I know he has great esteem of him."

On his profession of coach, he said: "The most difficult part is to make choices, especially when you see the effort everyone puts in, and that they're doing well. The important thing, what I look for, is to have the right answers from the players. I try to establish sincerity in the relationships. Even though I know that sometimes I will not be understood. I think direct and sincere relationships are fundamental.
Organisation, attention, and concentration are the characteristics I want to see like at Siena. It was a positive match, but now we play at home, the derby, against our own public... we need something more.
The transfer market is over. We are past that, we must think about playing and doing well. Evaluate what the team can do now, with these elements."

"I want to add that I always have my doubts on everything. In each moment of the day I try to understand something from the people around me. There's always 90% certainties and 10% to change. It's also a way to grow."

"The initial reading of the league can change in time. We are talking about one matchday. Later it can happen that favorites are no longer in the race, while teams who aren't considered strong now can grow and become favorites."

The coach dedicated a separate chapter to Paolo Maldini, who will be in the stadium tomorrow in the dressing rooms: "We don't need to find a place for Maldini. He has a place when and wherever he wants. If I had him at my side I would be honored. He, like Baresi, can't not have a place in the club. They are Milan's history."

Before ending, Leonardo talked about three players in particular, Ronaldinho, Huntelaar, and Flamini: "Ronaldinho has trained well the whole week. Not just him, but the whole team. Both physically and tactically. Huntelaar was unable to play in Siena because of the suspension. He's a player with important technique, intelligent, linear, objective. He has incredible power and precision. Near the goal he is really strong.
Flamini has already played as a full back, he can do it again. He has physical and athletic characteristics that allow him to do it. Certainly, not on the whole wing. Today he's doing very well, he had a great preparation, a fine match at Siena and I'm very happy."
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 18:49   #86

brk

Registered User
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
brk is on a distinguished road
He mentions Flamini at RB. Very interesting.
__________________
BELIEVE IN ALLEGRI
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 20:39   #87

OCmilano

Registered User
 
OCmilano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Southern California
Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
Storari
Zambro-Nesta-Thiago-Janku
Gattuso-Pirlo-Flamini
R80
Pato-Huntleer


If we are in the lead Seedorf, Ambro, Borrielo for Gattuso, Pirlo, Huntleer.

If we are loosing Pippo/Huntleer, Abate/gattuso,

Those would be the changes if any. You guys?
__________________
ROBINHO TIME
OCmilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 21:08   #88

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
Can't wait for the game!! I'm telling you, if we play with the right grit, determination, and work rate, we will beat Inter, I have no doubts. But if we play it the "Carlo" way, slow passing, jogging, defending deep, then we will lose by more than a goal. Can't wait to see our first home game of the season!!
rt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 22:33   #89

_Ace

Registered User
 
_Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Fave Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gilardino, Buffon, Nesta...
_Ace is on a distinguished road
Sneijder not called up...
_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2009, 01:24   #90

shegs

Registered User
 
shegs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2009
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Fave Players: Shevchenko, Ronaldo and Bergkamp.
shegs is on a distinguished road
leo wanted 3 strikers and 3 midfielders, i find that interesting.
shegs is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:40.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.