![]() |
|
|
#9976 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
![]() |
Simic should be allowed to leave IMO. Deserves better than seing Favalli & Cafu ahead of him.
I could score ve Faroes Isles, so Rothen aint that good, wait let me correct that, he's world class, like me.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now. |
|
|
|
|
#9977 | |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
![]() |
Quote:
![]() Now, all Milan management have to do is roll up their sleeves and dig out the names of the other 500+ players who have scored vs the Faroe Islands in the last 3-4 years and go for them ![]()
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti |
|
|
|
|
|
#9978 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
![]() |
Well we'd certainly be covered for injuries then.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now. |
|
|
|
|
#9979 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9980 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
![]() |
It was a perfectly taken free kick from some 20/25 metres. No keeper would have saved that shot.
If he scored it against Italy it would have been a cracker and when he scores it against Faroes it's nothing special ? I like Rothen a lot ![]()
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have |
|
|
|
|
#9981 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9982 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
![]() |
All the sarcasm becouse of a simple joke about Rothen discussion that I had with some members, I think Zlatanov. ( where I explained that players like him, not neccesarily him, can reinforce any world class squad. Obviously I didnt manage to do that as some of you think that they are as good as Rothen..
) I dont know whats wrong with you people, you should start WATCHING players and not listening about them. As I've said before, europes "2nd league" clubs are full of top players, if they dont play in Champions league that doesnt mean they are not top class. Not always. Duff, Rothen, Huntelaar, Nasri and so on... Benzema, Grosso ( better player than Marek )Lucarelli, Srna... list goes on. Ribery was also called one of those " we can buy every player that plays a good season..." players, but look at what he is doing now. And do you know how and why France coach used Rothen in this one? Becose he needed a wide played to break through a tight defence... sounds familiar?? Rothen is not necessary, a player like him is.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
Last edited by mrki; 15-10-2007 at 11:50. |
|
|
|
|
#9983 | |||
|
Moderator
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
![]() |
Quote:
... it was a very good FK but far from perfect as the ball flew in at moderate height close to a meter from the keeper's left post ... again, a well taken kick but you see these saved several times a game.Of course it would matter who is on goal - the outcome of a free kick, and how that free kick is taken, depends heavily on the position of the wall (determined by the keeper) and the position of the keeper himself, so saying that Rothen would have scored that same free kick vs any keeper is ... well, you find a word ![]() In that same line of thinking, I can't help it but remember how a free kick during Abbiati's times at Milan felt more like an empty goal PK vs any decent, not great, but just decent free kick taker ... compare that to how rarely Dida with all his insecurity fairs at free kicks ![]() Quote:
Quote:
![]()
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti |
|||
|
|
|
|
#9984 | |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
![]() |
Quote:
anyways, as I said I like Rothen myself ... the reason why made that post a couple of weeks ago was not that you were mentioning Rothen but the really funny sense of "being right and better than the others" in your post with all that assumption that every whim of yours is better than all the millions of whims this thread is filled with, when in reality you lack any credentials whatsoever to support that statement with ... except for an "I am not one of trose 15 yo teenagers who change favourite players every other day" ... especially, when you, just several months earlier, had felt insulted (I have to say you are quite a softy ) by me when I said that getting Dinho and thinking that that would solve everything is "naive".Back then you were one of the many people who probably thought I needed a head transplant for not wanting Dinho in Milan ... then, however, Dinho gets into a period of bad form and all of a sudden I find a lot of support for my "crazy" opinion ... needless to say, over several months you had changed your opinion on Dinho on 180 deg. for two reasons: 1) he was no longer looking good 2) the main flow of opinion here at MM had shifted ... i.e. Whim River had taken a new course ![]() Then all of a sudden you come up with Rothen out of nowhere - one of god knows how many names thrown in over the course of several months - and you claim that you are not like the teenagres, who simply don't know what they want ... well, maybe it's just me but I find that to be a little out of place and out of touch at least with the picture I have for what has been said here over the past couple of years or so. Now, I don't want you take my words too deep and get insulted again but give a little more thought and you will probably see that the way your opinion of a players changes is not much different than how others want one player one day, and when he doesn;t perform up to par for a month, they just find someone else to "push" for ... it's just human nature, nothing shameful in it, I guess, everyone does it, including me ![]()
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti Last edited by zlatanov; 15-10-2007 at 12:16. |
|
|
|
|
|
#9985 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
![]() |
Zlat, please man, im not interesten in posting long psichodelyc posts, this is football we are talking about. How the hell can I earn my credentials on an internet forum??? It doesnt matter anyway.
Please hear what im saying for 100th time! Rothen was just an example player, not a player I choose in the mass on players running around so I decided to talk about him. Duff is even better palyer if we are to go in detail analysis, its just that I mentioned Rothen as he can play well as a LB also. Rothen was, to repeat, an example of a player we need. Wide player that has tactical abilities and is a EU player. Enough of him. Sorry Zlat, but I dont really find myself offended by someone I never saw in my life and who I see only as a post with Galliani's face by it. No offence man, but it would be sick if someone can really get offended on the internet. It does bother me in some way I do have to admit that we dont understand eachother. MAybe we need to sit for a drink and talk about foot5ball for a night ![]() My comment for Rothen goal was a simple joke about how he scored. I didnt mean to say: " I told you! Im God! " Ronaldinho? Has my vote always, Barca had enough of him, he had enough of Barcelona, as far as Im concerned he can come anyday.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
|
|
|
|
|
#9986 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: USA
Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
![]() |
wow guys take it easy on mrki. I say Rothen is an avrage player, great goal over the weekend.
Whats up with GAlliani talking rubbish? He said Emerson is not old. Ofcourse not because we have players like Cafu (37), Serginho (36), Favalli (35)...etc.
__________________
A.C. MILAN and F.K.ELJEZNICAR< Last edited by ACMILAN1983; 15-10-2007 at 15:33. Reason: swearing |
|
|
|
|
#9987 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 03 2002
![]() |
Some big words from Galliani:
MILAN - At the end of the works at the Panorama Commerciale, Adriano Galliani talked about all the football subjects to the journalists present. Here are some of the themes he talked about, after the Delegate Administrator's introductory words on the team ("Milan are getting back some of their injured players and with these recoveries we will have the chance to do more turnover. In that sense the match in Bilbao gave positive responses regarding Maldini and Serginho. The team's physical condition is improving, we are coming off a great match played in Rome against Lazio, for the rest we will do all we can to finish within the top four teams in the league as always, which doesn't mean we are aiming for fourth place but that we want to be at least in the first four positions, to go on in the Champions League, and to collect our third great trophy of the year 2007 in December, to win a real Club World Cup would be truly extraordinary"): DIDA Someone connected the sentences after Celtic-Milan to Uefa's reprimand in 2006. Adriano Galliani's answer: "Uefa's reprimand in 2006 has been cancelled out by two wonderful letters written by President Platini after the victory in Athens and the one in Montecarlo. For the rest, at the moment I don't yet know the motivations, so I'd rather not speak about something I don't know all about. In any case, we will make an appeal to cancel out or at least halve the entity of this suspension. By now it seems people have forgotten that a man entered the field and hit our player, that someone was left unpunished. The sentence is unbalanced. Dida to appeal? I don't think it's necessary, but it depends on the motivations. We'll do what our attorney Cantamessa says. In any case Dida is an ultra-disciplined person and he will do what the club tells him. Again, we think this punishment is excessive because Milan did nothing to influence the result and because any doctor in the world would take out a player who says he is dizzy, a fact on which Milan have been absolved by Uefa. Dida won't talk? Everyone has their own character, Dida is quiet even when we win, and he was a protagonist in all the seven trophies we've won in these years. Dida doesn't talk much, it's in his character and we should accept that. In any case Milan have three more goalkeepers out on loan, Storari of Levante, Coppola of Atalanta, and Abbiati of Athletic Madrid, aside from the three we have in our squad. Dida can make mistakes just like any other player in our squad, he's won a lot with us and he has our trust. So we don't think we have a goalkeeping problem and he will remain our keeper for the following years. RONALDO "He's improving, let's see whether he will be able to play on Sunday, but the doctors tell me he's clearly improving. Ronaldo had an injury and he's recovering within the periods established by the medical sector. There are no different treatments with Ronaldo compared to other players, like Maldini and Serginho, who are recovering. Ronaldo is doing so well at Milan that no one will take him away from us. Now Ronaldo is recovering, then he will play and then we will think about the contract. Before the end of their contracts no one will leave Milan. Only one star left us and he still regrets having done that. If Ronaldo comes back we will have the entire squad available and this is very important because we will be playing every three days. Our season is also more complex because of the Club World Cup, we will be playing two league games in February and March that we would normally be playing in December. So if, as we are hoping, we go on in the Champions League, we will play every three days in 2008 as well, so having the whole squad available will be very important. Sure, these are the kinds of problems I would like to have every year." OTHER PLAYERS "Gourcuff is partly right when he says that he hoped he would get more playing time, because that's what he agreed on with our coach last summer. But that was before we got the chance to sign Emerson, even though we had told Gourcuff we would buy no one in midfield to allow him more playing time. However, Gourcuff has to understand he is lucky to be playing in the team that has won the most trophies in the world, and if he is really that good he should be able to break through into the side, even if now we have one more midfielder. Nevertheless, I can understand his situation and I didn't get angry about what he said. Emerson? We think he's an important player and we bought him knowing about his qualities. He can play in Pirlo's role and also in other positions. The player is doing well and is improving. Maldini? For us he's important even when he doesn't play, his closeness to the team and the dressing room is strongly felt. From a technical point of view, the Maldini we saw in Bilbao is a player who adds a lot to our defensive department technically. Player requests? Our fences have closed after Shevchenko left. Then we look at the singular cases: if the interest of the player coincides with that of the club we go on, otherwise the contracts are respected. It goes for everyone. Chelsea? I'm tired of repeating that these stories are without fundament. The only club who asked us about Kaká was Real Madrid, who were kindly invited not to insist... Contract renewals and changes are internal to our club, Kaká has a contract until 2011 and he will respect it." PATO "Our coach tells me he's doing very well. From January he will be one of our four strikers. Then it will be up to the coach to decide who plays between Ronaldo, Pato, Gilardino, and Inzaghi, even though, from January, Ronaldo will also be available and we will probably play with two strikers and a playmaker. Pato's age is neither an advantage nor a disadvantage. So, in January, all we shall do is add Pato, a great striker, to our squad. There will be nothing else. In Bilbao it was right that Pato played just 45 minutes, if our staff felt that they did not want to take any risks. By the way, Pato will not be with us in our winter training camp in Dubai as he still has to take care of some formalities in Brazil regarding his move to Italy, where he has a regular working contract with Milan. But he will be available by the first league game of 2008, on 13 January against Napoli, while we will be visiting Dubai to meet with our new sponsors Emirates. In Dubai we will also be playing a friendly, with the national team or with a club side. Pato? He's an out-and-out striker. And I say again, Milan intend to play with a 4-3-3 system. I know Seedorf is not the same player as Gilardino, but I consider the players who are up front to be the strikers. I think it's bizarre when they say, for example, that when Gilardino has scored it was a striker's goal, while if Kaká or Seedorf the strikers did not score. They are our three attacking players at the moment." OTHER THEMES "Bronzetti? He's not our employee. We collaborate with him. Ronaldinho? Barcelona know of our interest, but president Laporta owns him and still considers him unsellable. I saw Ronaldinho last night, with Brazil, along with Kaká. The market? It's our affair. President Berlusconi in 20 years has won 25 trophies and finished second 16 times, he doesn't have to justify himself to one. The market is our business, president Berlusconi does it with my help. The choices, Kaká, Oliveira, they are all our choices. Then you judge. Then it's up the censors to judge, but we don't owe anyone any justifications." source: www.acmilan.com |
|
|
|
|
#9988 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 08 2007
Location: milan, italy
Fave Players: Ibrahimovic, Figo, and all the other inter players
![]() |
I thought for sure this year, because milan didnt make so many transfers what so ever that they were planing a multi-million dollar offer for ronaldhino, but it didnt work out. Now especially because Gilardino has been misfirring lately, that they bring in a striker such as ronaldhino, and if he is out of price range, then there are many others, such as messi del piero seems to be on his way out, it is a possibility. I dont expect amove anytime in january likely if any big transfer as that one, it would happen in the summer.
__________________
F.C. Internazionale-Milano 1908-2008 Centenario Inter CaMpIoNi dItAliA SiAmo AnCoRa NoI!
|
|
|
|
|
#9989 | ||
|
Jedi Master
Join Date: 06 1999
Location: Viking land
Fave Players: Past, present and future Milan players
![]() |
Quote:
I have no idea why you think we would need someone cheaper. Why go for a inferior player that possibly wouldn't improve the squad? Makes no sense, unless we talk about squad depth. Quote:
__________________
If you are woman, PM me. |
||
|
|
|
|
#9990 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2007
Location: New Jersey, USA
Fave Players: Kaka', Maldini, Del Piero
![]() |
Supposvely we are after Amauri and Riquelme.
|
|
|