AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 20:31   #10336

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
Now back to Gourcuff. I just hope he stays with Bourdeaux for some time and keeps developing. The way he's going, it looks like he'll be a big star in the future. The facts are these:

1) He wasnt given a proper chance by Carlo (just like a lot of other young players who have come and gone)

2) He was loaned because he was unhappy at not getting regular football. The selling price was added because we bought Dinho and he was going to be surplus to requirement anyways, so if Bordeaux wanted to buy him, they'd have to cough up the cash, which at that time given his form, IMO was appropriate for him (although now it is seeming way too low)

3) He had 2 options: continue at Bordeaux where he is now well established and the team's key player, or return to Milan and play second fiddle to Dinho (in a World Cup year, I might add). So the choice was pretty obvious, if I was him, I'd stay on at Bordeaux as well.

So, there is nothing further we can do. My only regret is that Carlo did not give him more chances, which would have to come at the expense of Seedorf, because if he did I'm sure we'd be seeing the "real" Gourcuff and he may have become a key part of the team
rt9 is offline  
Old 11-08-2009, 20:33   #10337

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
Flavio Roma would be a welcome addition in place of Kalac. Last I heard the player is already at Milanello conducting medical tests.
rt9 is offline  
Old 11-08-2009, 20:50   #10338

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt9 View Post
Wow, more personal attacks! I won't waste my time responding to you suffice to say that when I see something unfair or wrong I am not the type of person to sit back and just let it pass. What you wrote many pages ago was wrong, it was a personal attack and it's against forum rules. I merely pointed it out. If that has resulted in more personal attacks on me, then that's fine. It simply reflects back to your level of maturity (or lack thereof).
Just let it go, man. It is good for you this way. Trust me. It is not worth it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt9 View Post
Flavio Roma would be a welcome addition in place of Kalac. Last I heard the player is already at Milanello conducting medical tests.
I am curious who will want Kalac. I heard Parma, but didn't they just get someone else (Milante (spelling?) from Sampdoria? It would be interesting if we are stuck with five goalies. I guess our management has a plan already (no sarcasm).
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline  
Old 11-08-2009, 20:50   #10339

Rossoneri Fuego

Registered User
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: San Francisco California USA
Fave Players: Nesta R80 Beckham Rino
Rossoneri Fuego is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
no offense but this is a pretty bad formation. Maybe 5 years ago when zambrotta was in his prime but to plya a 3-4-1-2 requires class wingbacks. Ones who have endless energy to fly up and down the flank.

Flamini may have the energy but he doesn't know how to play like a wingback, nor does he cross. Watch dani alves or maicon or evra... do you see any of that in flamini? Second Zambrotta is getting too old to play attack fullback, moving him up like that would put even more pressure on his aging body.

The last team to play this tactic successfully was brazil WC2002 team and they had roberto carlos and cafu in there prime

lastly a large reason the 3-5-2 has died is because of rise of 4-3-3.... attacking wide players in 4-3-3 keep those wingbacks back.... think if wep layed barca.... theyd be too busy dealing w/ messi and henry to go attack.... all of a sudden there whole midfield and defense and push up and nullify our attack. its an outdated tactic that can really only work with world class talent
that's one hell of a breakdown bro keep the knowledge coming if only we can hear more consructed opinions like these
Rossoneri Fuego is offline  
Old 11-08-2009, 21:08   #10340

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
Thanks, Xudong. I just felt the need to point out the obvious that's all. As for Kalac, Parma would be pretty mad to want him, but then again, if they want him enough, then let's make them pay....can you imagine Galliani trying to negotiate a transfer fee for Kalac? After all, he is a European and World Champion you know?
rt9 is offline  
Old 11-08-2009, 21:39   #10341

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
I don't think I'd realistically play a 3-5-2, but, I think with those players, it would be a pretty good formation.

I also agree, playing Flamini as a full-back would be the best way to get him to be sold, but I joked with K77 that it was a great way to trick him into playing as a full-back but still giving him the title of a midfielder.

I agree, I think, especially considering the players we have available, the 4-3-1-2 would be the best formation. I honestly think that a new FB and perhaps a midfielder to update Seedorf is all Milan really needs to be a top-class team again.

I think Milan's GK situation is looking to be Abbiati, Storari, Roma. It looks like Kalac and Dida are on their way out, and while I think Dida is a great backup to have, his wages do not match up to what role he would serve here.

I guess the rumors over Dzemaili are persisting, even though Braida said there were no negotiations. I think he's a good player, maybe not a certain starter, but, as he showed at Torino, he can really rise to the occasion if given the opportunity.
Samaldinho is offline  
Old 11-08-2009, 21:47   #10342

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
The Uruguayan boys just got squad numbers (according to wikipedia), 17 for Viudez and 24 for Cardacio. Does that mean they will actually figure for our squad this season? I wonder what will happen to them, and whether they will be played at all this pre-season.
Samaldinho is offline  
Old 11-08-2009, 21:54   #10343

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
One more obvious hole in that formation... we don't actually have Santacrocce. I highly doubt anyone else in our defensive lineup could make it in that formation, bar the two other guys already listed in there.
i think bonera is better than santacroce anyway. Maybe not in 3 years but now he is... still you're right
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 11-08-2009, 22:07   #10344

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
I doubt that anybody has any confidence in Kalac now. It is strange though where Dida is these days. He must be injured, I guess, otherwise, why isn't he playing at all?

I am all for selling Dida if that's going to happen, but I doubt Dida will want to leave. It is not his fault when our senile management gave him that crazy contract. It would be a crime not to take it, I guess. And I don't blame him for not willing to be re-negotiate his contract, after all, a contract is a contract, and not everyone has to bleed black and red.
When will his contract be finished?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boing boing View Post
Galliani: A new full back will arrive once we get rid of Oddo.
http://milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=10725

I don't know who wants to buy him.
Surely hard task for poor Galliani to get rid of him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt9 View Post
Now back to Gourcuff. I just hope he stays with Bourdeaux for some time and keeps developing. The way he's going, it looks like he'll be a big star in the future. The facts are these:

1) He wasnt given a proper chance by Carlo (just like a lot of other young players who have come and gone)

2) He was loaned because he was unhappy at not getting regular football. The selling price was added because we bought Dinho and he was going to be surplus to requirement anyways, so if Bordeaux wanted to buy him, they'd have to cough up the cash, which at that time given his form, IMO was appropriate for him (although now it is seeming way too low)

3) He had 2 options: continue at Bordeaux where he is now well established and the team's key player, or return to Milan and play second fiddle to Dinho (in a World Cup year, I might add). So the choice was pretty obvious, if I was him, I'd stay on at Bordeaux as well.

So, there is nothing further we can do. My only regret is that Carlo did not give him more chances, which would have to come at the expense of Seedorf, because if he did I'm sure we'd be seeing the "real" Gourcuff and he may have become a key part of the team
Have we reached the consensus that we will not be talking about him anymore in this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
The Uruguayan boys just got squad numbers (according to wikipedia), 17 for Viudez and 24 for Cardacio. Does that mean they will actually figure for our squad this season? I wonder what will happen to them, and whether they will be played at all this pre-season.
Actually I never liked them and did not put any faith above them.

Anyway Bayern are close to sign Bosingwa, so maybe they will not want Kaladze anymore...

http://goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2...ngwa-deal-with

EDIT:

http://goal.com/en/news/10/italy/200...niors-ezequiel

I've never heard about this guy before, but if you read in this article he claimed that Milan is chasing him. Anybody know who he is?
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!

Last edited by ZvonimirBoban; 11-08-2009 at 22:10.
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 11-08-2009, 22:12   #10345

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
And to add more - to this 3-4-3/3-5-2 discussion, playing with such a formation would be out of our identity.

Milan has always played with a formation looking like 4-3-1-2, and with Ancelotti and his Christmas Tree, 4-3-2-1 which was a kind of more defensive 4-3-1-2 ... or a modified 4-3-3 (instead of the wingers, we had two "central" attacking midfielders) depending on your point of view.

So I think we need to keep our identity on the pitch, and don't forget too that we have some players who have been there for years now (from Nesta to Pirlo without forgetting the likes of Gattuso and co), and telling them that finally, we'll play with 3 defenders, I don't know how they would accept it ... and how they would adapt.

About Flamini, if you want him to request to be sold next year, put him in the RB position ... he said before the pre-season that he doesn't want to play in this RB position too often because he is a midfielder. If that can help, he can play there for some games, but he doesn't want to be counted as a RB. And if you put Flamini in the RB position (let's imagine he is ok with that), then, what will happen ? Instead of a quality FB, we'll need another quality midfielder, and I don't think I'll be wrong that for an equal quality, the midfielder will be more expensive than the RB/LB ...
we won scudetto in 1998 w/ a 3-4-3 (with abbiati and ambrosini btw!).

For me formation has never been the identity its more style of play... players like pirlo, gattuso...albertini, ambrosini.. farther back ancelotti, desailley,rijkaard..to the great gianni rivera and of course the defensive greats... Milan has always held great possession and controlled midfield irregardless of formation.

Everyone talks about van basten, sheva, now pato... but milan is always defined for me by possession football. Its kind of whats scared me most in preseason, total lack of possession and 'milan football' starting namely w/ ronaldinho who does brilliant things but gives the ball away soooo much
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 11-08-2009, 23:53   #10346

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
And I don't blame him for not willing to be re-negotiate his contract, after all, a contract is a contract, and not everyone has to bleed black and red.
I see this here and on the R&B cesspool all the time.

I'm not trying to start a fight, but I really wish people would stop holding Dida up as the poster boy for not being a Milanista simply because he hasn't reworked his contract for the so-called sake of the team. No one else on the roster save for Gattuso (and his reduction was minimal at best) has bothered to renegotiate their deals either, while Ambro was recently asking for a 4-plus-million-a-year extension. Does that mean they don't bleed red and black either?

Quite frankly, it's not the players' fault if management doesn't have a clue about saving for a rainy day.

Quote:
When will his contract be finished?
Once again, it expires after the end of the upcoming season.
Blacktop is offline  
Old 11-08-2009, 23:57   #10347

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by K77SH C View Post
Rick Rick Rick, its funny how you always try to interpret other peoples views differently fromt he way they were intended. My examples make it clear the French league is capable of producing world class playerswho are ready for big teams in the so called stronger leagues. And if you aregoing to back up the arguments that I was trying to counter, then that would suggest you believe Milan shouldnt sign players who have done well in inferior leagues. And if thats what you are saying, "I dont know what to say to you".
No, it was you who misinterpreted what I said. When I said Ligue 1 was an inferior league, I was speaking in relation to Serie A. I was not saying that Ligue 1 completely sucked or that good players did not come from there (good players can come from any league). But Ligue 1 is a league that good players move from. Serie A is a league that good players move to. That's why I answered you like I did.

Quote:
New Maradonnas - Saviolla, Riquelme, Messi, Aimar, Ortega, Lavezzi, Aguero.

5 of those players would have got into our side in their peak.

That is a list of 7 players described as the new Maradonna. You said there are as many 'new Zidanes'. Can you name them please. the only one I can think of other than Gourcuff is Ribery who would also get into the Milan side.

Samir Nasri was labeled "the new Zidane." Sofiane Feghouli has been labeled "the new Zidane." Hell, the other day I was reading something about some 6-year-old who has been labeled "the new Zidane!" It all means absolutely nothing.

Quote:
Again, you know very well I wasnt claiming to predict the future. But I was happy as most that Milan had signed a young talented player. And let me remind you that once he had signed, there were people posting about his performances against Lyon (An excellent side in the CL at the time). And we had some pretty impressive clips to get excited about. After watching Kaka blossom at Milan, we had enough reason to hope for Gourcuff to develop too.
You were claiming that those who disagreed with you were purporting to see the future, when in fact I was saying that nobody knows the future. And again, when Milan signed Gourcuff, I was one of his biggest backers (if you were as well, that's fine). But that doesn't change the fact that he did nothing in a Milan jersey to justify any particular confidence.

Quote:
I dont know, maybe you date Galliani? Again, its funny how you ignore my mention about the fact that Milan didnt do enough to keep him even after giving a buyout clause.
Well you keep mentioning that they should have done more, so tell me -- what should they have done? Should they have absolutely guaranteed him a spot in the starting lineup no matter how he played (even in the face of his previous failure in Serie A)? Should they have gotten down on their knees and begged him? Should they have given him half ownership in the team? Provided him with a different Italian prostitute every night? What do you suggest?

The deal was forged more than a year ago. Milan had no legal recourse. It was up to Bordeaux to meet the fee that had been agreed upon and it was up to Gourcuff to decide to accept a contract with Bordeaux. I just don't know what you expected to happen.

Quote:
I find it amazing how you think "anything he might do in the future" is immaterial. The whole point of signing young players is what they will do in the future. But again you obviously didnt understand my points about him being ready for Milan now and proving this with his performances for Bordeaux and France.
How is it material what he does in the future -- from this point on -- considering he is not a Milan player? That boat has sailed and the only thing that will change is how much you and others who want to worry about Gourcuff will agonize over what you see as losing something. As far as I'm concerned, that's immaterial.

Quote:



Rick, I didnt go through years of education to believe everything I was told by the likes of you or Galliani. If I dont like something then I will say it.
Which is exactly what I'm doing. I don't like the fact that so many can't let go of this Gourcuff thing and can't rid themselves of the sort of negativity that makes me wonder why they even bother to pay attention to a sport and a team that makes them so miserable and unhappy. So I'm saying it.

Quote:

And I find it extremely ironic and hypocritical for people to come on here and 'b!tch' and 'moan' at people who they think are 'b!tching' and 'moaning'.

You could do your self a favour and either ignore our 'b!tching' and 'moaning' or reply without 'bitching', 'moaning' or trying to enforce your opinions on us or even better using the phrase "I dont know what to say to you" right before you write a zillions sentences in your reply!
And I find it hypocritical that you would b1tch and moan about my b1tching and moaning over all the b1tching and moaning you're doing considering how much b1tching and moaning you're actually doing.

And when I said "I don't know what to say to you" I was speaking of one specific subtopic in this conversation -- a subtopic that I said nothing further about.
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 00:03   #10348

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktop View Post
I see this here and on the R&B cesspool all the time.

I'm not trying to start a fight, but I really wish people would stop holding Dida up as the poster boy for not being a Milanista simply because he hasn't reworked his contract for the so-called sake of the team. No one else on the roster save for Gattuso (and his reduction was minimal at best) has bothered to renegotiate their deals either, while Ambro was recently asking for a 4-plus-million-a-year extension. Does that mean they don't bleed red and black either?

Quite frankly, it's not the players' fault if management doesn't have a clue about saving for a rainy day.


Once again, it expires after the end of the upcoming season.

i would completely agree. I think alot of it is poorly articulated posts.


the problem is with management. Personally if i played i'd try to get largest contract possible too
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 00:04   #10349

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post

Samir Nasri was labeled "the new Zidane." Sofiane Feghouli has been labeled "the new Zidane." Hell, the other day I was reading something about some 6-year-old who has been labeled "the new Zidane!" It all means absolutely nothing.
i would LOVE nasri on milan... great talent
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 12-08-2009, 00:25   #10350

tim_milan

Registered User
 
tim_milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2008
Location: abu dhabi
Fave Players: baresi,maldini,nesta and van basten
tim_milan is on a distinguished road
Gorcuff is this.....Gorcuff is that....guys we dont have him no longer in our team....he s gone and our managment had failed from preventing that to happen. So lets just lay the Gorcuff matter to rest coz just as we all would have loved to have him play in the Milan shirt,the bottomline s its not going to happen. So why whine over the past and get imprisoned in it. We have a better future to talk about.

IMO just as importantly as any other player that we would like to have in our team, i think our goalkeeping department too requires a new face. Wat say??
__________________
"You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four."
tim_milan is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:06.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.