AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-04-2007, 13:03   #91

nefremo

Registered User
 
nefremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: USA; Macedonia
Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalliam
Nefremo,

Our one worry if Oddo and Jankulovski are to get forward is protection at the back. Giggs and Ronaldo would terrorise from the wings. We obviously need to score, so I can see us bombing the LB and RB forward at some points during the match, but as a prolonged tactic I cannot see it. I do agree though that it is Pippo who should play.
Yes it will be a risk, but it is something we must do. And whenever Oddo and Janku get forward, Ambro and Gattuso can hold back and watch things. Because we really don't profit from Gattuso going forward that much. Ambro is a force on crosses so we need him to push up, but only when one of Janku or Oddo pushes up. Other then that, he wouldn't help much with other attacks.

I am feeling very confindent right now and I don't think they'll score at the SS, but we have to score at least 1.
__________________
MILAN FOREVER!
nefremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 13:06   #92

Ghost

Registered User
 
Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Fave Players: Bergkamp, v.Basten, v.Persie
Ghost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy De Nagan
If putting 3 past a team at home takes away all fear, then scoring 2 away from home is a bigger confidence boost.
Nice way of putting it
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 14:07   #93

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by forward
I kinda have a feeling that Dida will make it up to us in the next game,
just wait and see
what is he going to do? Score from his 18 yard box?
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 15:19   #94

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan
what is he going to do? Score from his 18 yard box?
Why not mate? Dida can do anything

Which i guess is both a criticism and a compliment
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 17:28   #95

forward

Registered User
 
forward's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
Location: UA
Fave Players: AC Milan TEAM
forward is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan
what is he going to do? Score from his 18 yard box?
no, its just so nappens to be that Dida has crappy games and has fabulous games, and its always been like that ... sure you have examples on your mind

So, I have a feeling that next game he will really save our asses...
Just wait one week and you will be able to test it

__________________
TU SEI TUTTA LA MIA VITA
forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 17:54   #96

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
I hope so forward, for our sake. He was soooo disappointing on the two goals he conceded...cant believe...wait..on second thought, I can believe it...

Lets hope your theory holds true on Wednesday.

FORZA MIIIIIIIIIIIIILAN!!!
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 18:09   #97

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefremo
I am feeling very confindent right now and I don't think they'll score at the SS, but we have to score at least 1.
Our defense this season so far, has let us down consistently...well, let me put it this way: I have no faith in Dida et al, to keep Man U from scoring, and when Ronaldo99 doesnt play, we cant seem to buy goals...

So, even though I have $2000 on Milan to win the tie on aggregate, I am willing to wager that we go out at home...Dida is just not good enough (read consistent enough) at this level, to guarantee a shut-out, and pessimisim has reared its ugly head (or maybe its just my blood pressure going thru the roof) as I debate our chances in the home leg.

Further, Maldini prob wont make it thru the entire match, so we will "waste" a sub on him...leaving us with only 2 options, and our bench, which might be a tad better than what Man U has to offer, doesnt have the necessary quality to be a real exchange of "like for like"

Many of you will be surprised, but I also felt that we would go out in Bayern, so maybe this is the sort of feeling I need to have so that we can advance.



Dunno, not feeling well at all...maybe I need to

Plus, I will gladly, make that GLADLY eat my words if/when we win thru to Athens...

As always: FORZA MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILAN!!!!!
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 19:38   #98

Oldman

Registered User
 
Join Date: 01 2001
Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta and Kaka. NO MORE Sheva!!
Oldman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK
Why not mate? Dida can do anything

Which i guess is both a criticism and a compliment
Just read on channel4.com that Juventini won't let Buffon go to the Merda but have no objection if he join Milan.
Also that Milan prepare to give BP25M + Abbiati to Juve. If this happen then Dida or Kalac will leave Milan?? Likely Dida as he has higher salary than Kalac??

The next mercato will be very interesting to follow though. For sure there will be lots of surprises.

Something that I watch on Dida's face everytime he play is that he looks very nervous and not just calm like the way it should for a GK.

Only time will proof how things will happen at Milanello next season.....

Just hope as many of us expect on Dida....please show your talent and cancel every possible goal from MU next Wednesday to bring Milan go to Athens.........amen.
__________________
FORZA MILAN !!
ROSSONERI RULES !!
Oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 19:43   #99

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan

Many of you will be surprised, but I also felt that we would go out in Bayern, so maybe this is the sort of feeling I need to have so that we can advance.



Dunno, not feeling well at all...maybe I need to

Plus, I will gladly, make that GLADLY eat my words if/when we win thru to Athens...

As always: FORZA MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILAN!!!!!
Sono con te (I'm with you)!
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 19:45   #100

forward

Registered User
 
forward's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
Location: UA
Fave Players: AC Milan TEAM
forward is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman
Just hope as many of us expect on Dida....please show your talent and cancel every possible goal from MU next Wednesday to bring Milan go to Athens.........amen.


LOOOOL
__________________
TU SEI TUTTA LA MIA VITA
forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 23:06   #101

milanista03

Registered User
 
milanista03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: If home is where the heart is, then I live in Milan ;)
Fave Players: Saint Paolo, Baressi, Pirlo, Kaka, Rino etc
milanista03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by curry chicken
I have faith in THIS team...in Dida not Buffon, in Ricky, Seedorf and Pirlo not Ronaldinho, or whoever else we should have bought. I'm not living on the dream of next year's UCL with Ronaldo, but the present. Forza Milan and Forza Ragazzi! Every single one of them, yes...even the medical staff.
And ofcourse the hairstylist!!!
milanista03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 04:33   #102

Ghost

Registered User
 
Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Fave Players: Bergkamp, v.Basten, v.Persie
Ghost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve-10
I don't see that. Berlu stated that he's very happy with Dida, not to also mention that Dida did renew his contract.
That was before the CL game.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 06:56   #103

Nadir

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Nadir is on a distinguished road
new scapegoat = dida. let me remind you that if it wasn't for him the score at Old Trafford would have been 5-2 MU. Recall his saves from Carrick, O'Shea, Fletcher, Ronaldo. Every one of those were going in. Milan lost as a team - not as a player. If you don't have faith in Dida, you don't have faith in Milan. But if Milan win the 2nd leg, all the "fans" critical of Dida will have a pretty disgusting piece of cake to swallow.

Hope you enjoy it because Milan will go through.
Nadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 07:11   #104

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Guys let's not get too apprehensive over Dida, he didn't have a great game in the last match because he made mistakes on the goals, but at the same time, he made some great saves in that match.

If we have to rely on Dida that much, then for me there's a problem elsewhere in the side, because a goalkeeper shouldn't be winning us matches. However, in the same respect, I also felt Man U were little threat until our injuries came about, after which we dropped off and struggled.

Point being, Dida isn't why we lost that match (though he is one of protagonists), but rather I'd say the circumstances and their effect lost the match.

Should Rino and Maldini be out of the second leg, I feel we still have a fair chance. Should one of them be back, I feel confident in our chances. Should both be back, I feel certain we'll be through.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 07:37   #105

Metalliam

Registered User
 
Metalliam's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Location: Banbury, England
Fave Players: Kaka', Gattuso
Metalliam is on a distinguished road
It is true that not all the fault can be placed at the feet of Dida for losing at Old Trafford. He did make some saves along with his blunders...it's just that other than Brocchi, no one stood out as making a mistake, so of course Dida will get criticism...I still believe he's a good keeper and i'd be surprised if the defense AS A WHOLE shipped more than one goal at the San Siro.
Metalliam is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:35.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.