AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 17:51   #91

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fLame View Post
GREAT WIN BUT ABBIATTI IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF!

I never feel safe when he is in goal, please let Amelia play.
Sure he didnt see the shot bu none of the top keepers would have conceded that!
I don't know why he is getting worse. Yes, Amelia should play ahead of him if he keeps making mistakes.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 18:06   #92

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Is it just me or Abate is showing some improvements...very solid both going forward and very tactically aware defensively. And whats more important his pace allows him to go pressure on the opponents half and still get to his place in the defensive line if needed.
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati
kastriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 18:09   #93

sheva-gila

Registered User
 
sheva-gila's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2005
Location: kosovo
Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta, R80, T.Silva, Pato
sheva-gila is on a distinguished road
how many crosses he did ???
__________________
AC MILAN


sheva-gila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 18:13   #94

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kastriot View Post
Is it just me or Abate is showing some improvements...very solid both going forward and very tactically aware defensively. And whats more important his pace allows him to go pressure on the opponents half and still get to his place in the defensive line if needed.
Yeah, I agree. He has been really improving from his first game as starter with Milan. His weakness last year was defensive ability. The games he has done shows that he has been doing job for defensive duty. He also improves his tactical knowledge or awareness, he doesn't just go forward or pass the ball like last year but see the probability of the pass or his run.

Like you said, he can really go back to his position in the defense after going forward, thing that many fullbacks can't do or have big problem with it. We should definitely keep Abate even if we buy a new good quality fullback since he has been improving a lost since his first game as fullback with Leo's Milan.

Right now I feel more secured watching Abate compared to Antonini. In this game I saw his mistake when Palermo got the FK on the right side of the PK area. He could avoid it but he can't be perfect. I am really satisfied with his games (and also Yepes and Boateng especially the last mentioned name since he showed that he could play with brain in the left side of the midfield part).
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 18:17   #95

sheva-gila

Registered User
 
sheva-gila's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2005
Location: kosovo
Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta, R80, T.Silva, Pato
sheva-gila is on a distinguished road
http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...654#post626654

thay are looking for savior.. chuck norris for the derby
__________________
AC MILAN


sheva-gila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 18:31   #96

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheva-gila View Post
how many crosses he did ???
Not so many. However it shouldn't be only the reason to rate a fullback. If Abate keeps improving like he has shown, he should be also able to improve in that sector since he actually can cross.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 19:19   #97

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
I am impressed with Abate recently, actually we should be more worried defensively because facing bigger teams we need help there more in my opinion. He is doing well in that department.
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 20:50   #98

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
I am impressed with Abate recently, actually we should be more worried defensively because facing bigger teams we need help there more in my opinion. He is doing well in that department.
Agree and Abate has shown that Milan can trust him even he can't provide services ala Maicon, Cafu. I am impressed with his improvement. I have already thought that this boy won't ever play as starter but I was wrong. He did significant improvement while he was absent from Milan games.

Any news about Pato's and Inzaghi's injuries?
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 21:49   #99

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Just saw the replay on Fox Soccer Plus (oh how I love Jamaican cable....5 channels that show football, and 3 of the 5 show football exclusively )...and though our finishing remains profligate at times, we were lucky with Robinho's unbelievable goal tonight.

How he could chose that direction to shoot in, is beyond me....we were lucky the keeper didn't anticipate it, and as such he didn't react quickly enough, and the ball ricochets off him and into the goal.

I only hope that his finishing and confidence improve, because he isn't in a good place mentally where those things are concerned, and his facial expression betrayed a mixture of relief, and disbelief that he'd actually scored, which he tried to mask with his elaborate celebration.

I only hope both Pato and Pippo can recover in time for the derby....if not, then my prayers are for Robinho's finishing to improve in leaps and bounds before Sunday.

Difficult to see Flamini losing his place on the back of that performance....and on the whole, I thought our midfield trio played exceptionally well tonight.

This should be our 1st choice trio in the middle, rotating only when fitness or suspension becomes an issue.

Seedorf did well enough today, though I think he might be sacrificed for Ronaldinho for the derby.

Feeling a little more confident ahead of the BIG game, let's hope today's Milan shows up, and not the version that managed to outplay, yet lose to Juve.

FORZA MIIIILAN!! Top of the table!! Now let's just stay there!
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 22:23   #100

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
I think as long as the midfield are Ambro/Gattuso, Boateng, and Flamini, players who actually track back and run, having Abate as a RB will be fine, since any of those three are ball winners and solid defensive players.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 22:31   #101

Elmago99

Registered User
 
Elmago99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2010
Location: New York
Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
First of all, I apologize Siregar for the lineup. I was given the "official lineup" by Milan Nel Cuore, the Fansite from Facebook. It was obviously wrong in that Seedorf was there in stead of Ronaldinho.

As for the game, I saw only extended highlights. I'm VERY pleased with the results, the flow of the game, and the comments I've read. Also extremely happy about Inter who couldn't manage to beat Lecce (who in my opinion is perhaps worst team in league), Juventus tied, and Lazio lost .. My best friend is an Interista and as I was on the phone with him he was .. looks like he's a little before the DERBY!!!!

I like this midfield, and would like to see Pirlo OR Seedorf playing as an advanced midfielder or dropping back into a 4 man midfield. With Pato (Speed) and Ibrahimovic (Creative) .. we don't need much more in attack. We're scoring goals certainly....

If you remember at Inter, Ibra did very well doing the majority of creation for them while the rest of team stayed compact and defended. I think we are more dynamic than that, but I also don't see a need for any sort of 4-2-3-1 formation. I think Ibra playing off of Pato is the preferred formation for years to come.

In time, I still think we'll need a Ganso/Honda to replace Ronaldinho as Trequartista. I also expect that player to work hard and help in the midfield.
Then Pirlo should play in the midfield or rest, alongside guys like Jucilei, Flamini, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Boateng. Ronaldinho and Seedorf should go.

I like how we dominated this game, and also Yepes played well. Abate has also been a pleasant surprise for us. Hopefully I don't speak too soon, and I still do believe we need at least 1 WC fullback.

For this game, just looking at lineup AND subs, I like the way Allegri handled it all. Finally he's understanding how to achieve BALANCE. Hopefully this will continue. There's no doubt there are holes in this team and we're not on par with RM, Barca, and Chelsea, but we're in the next tier of teams, and I believe improving. This weekend will be a HUGE game, and I like our current form going in..
By the way I'm not an Allegri fan..... yet


Last edited by Elmago99; 10-11-2010 at 22:37.
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 00:59   #102

mzk57

Registered User
 
mzk57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosniaco View Post
Last time we were in front of Inter before the debry was 2002/03?
How can you forget last season match day 2, where ACM were utterly humiliated. This time AC Milan should try to win something like 3-0, because it has been a while since we have really defeated a big team and made some statement

BTW the fact that Jose Mourinho is no longer at Inter is so relaxing. All of a sudden I am not afraid of Eto'o, Maicon, Milito & Sneijder
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:55   #103

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
I don't know about you guys... we did hold the ball well like most other games, but this game was pretty close.

At 1-1, it seemed like we were not going anywhere, until some moment of magic by Ambrosini, and luck as it does seem to be a lenient penalty.

Allegri did not look like he was going to make any changes, and only did his first two changes because of injuries to both Pato and Inzaghi..third sub was brought on 93rd minute to waste time.

I'm still not convinced by Allegri - yet.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:04   #104

fLame

Registered User
 
fLame's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2009
Location: Milan
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Seedorf, Pirlo
fLame is on a distinguished road
The foul against Pato was a 100% penalty, so we would have one awarded anyway.
__________________
always rosso. always nero. always a rossonero.
fLame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:13   #105

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Thanks to sheva-gila for the laugh when reading the forum of Inter ... and damn, these guys have lacked respect towards Milan by typing our club "Mlan" !!

Zeekay, make the new topic, for the derby, I'll post the stats then, it worked yesterday, it should work for the derby !! It's your week Zeekay !!
__________________
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So we should stop bashing Juventus ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:52.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.