AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-06-2006, 19:27   #1036

Vadim

Moderator
 
Vadim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2005
Location: Chicago
Fave Players: San Paolo
Vadim is on a distinguished road
As long as we play in the CL I am OK with this, our main goal in the Serie A will be to get 4th place and get into the CL in 07/08. It is very unrealistsic that we can challenge for the Scudetto if we start with -15. I don't think Inter is THAT bad.
Vadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2006, 21:08   #1037

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny_shev
I just watched an Interview with a representative of a big Italian sports newspaper in London on BBC. He said there is a big chance Juve will be relegated to the third division, Viola and Lazio to the second division while Milan will only be partially/ financially punished and will stay in Serie A. If it is true, i guess it tells us that we are probably only lightly involved. But this would do so much damage to the image of Italian football league. IMO, the damage has already been done.
I heard that a lot too. But you didn't mention that we probably will be stripped of CL qualification, and that is bad enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadim
As long as we play in the CL I am OK with this, our main goal in the Serie A will be to get 4th place and get into the CL in 07/08. It is very unrealistsic that we can challenge for the Scudetto if we start with -15. I don't think Inter is THAT bad.
You never know. Inter must be holding their breath. That would be like a golden chance for them to break the drought, but then again, if they don't win (suppose we did get 15 points off), losing to us or Roma or Torino, It would be really devastating.. I guess they will not even want to try for another 20 or 30 years.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 01:57   #1038

devoted_dm

Registered User
 
devoted_dm's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2000
Location: Norway
Fave Players: Pirlo, Nesta, Gattuso and Roberto Baggio
devoted_dm is on a distinguished road
I bet Roma's gonna win the Serie A next season
devoted_dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 03:06   #1039

Rayno_acm

Registered User
 
Rayno_acm's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2001
Location: Bulgaria
Fave Players: MVB,Sheva,Weah,Kaka',Pirlo
Rayno_acm is on a distinguished road
For me it's still hard to believe, that Galiani is guilty...
I'm not saying that he didn't know about this $hit, but... In his shoes I, like chief of La Liga, would never allow jufentuz to win titles like that... I don't think that Galiani is such an idiot to allow them to do this calmly.. So I'm very confused about this...
__________________
FORZA MAGICO MILAN
Rayno_acm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 05:13   #1040

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Guys,

Touch wood...and all but from what I have read and from what my Italian friends are telling me...at the worst we can expect a penalty of points.

We have avoided direct responsibility for article 6. You can confirm this by reading Gazzetta.

Also, Kaka extended his contract today, so really that is a good sign.

Ideally, I want no one to be relegated...yes not even Juve. In the end, I have a feeling that Fiorentina will stay maybe even Lazio. And maybe, very small chance, also Juve.

Article 6 seems the worst.

The other articles are more to do with enforcing a certain sense of propriety but do not have grave implications in the punitive sense.

Our club has always remained calm and today Galliani was defiant. I think he resigned because he has been indicted not because he genuinely thinks he did something wrong. Yes, I know, I may sound naive but that is what I believe.

The good things are already starting to appear. Galliani has resigned! I was happy when I heard that because the obvious conflict of interest was embarrassing!

As for Italian football's prestige...well...in the past decade racism, ugly stadiums, falling attendances, financial collapses, match-fixing have all taken their toll...but Serie A is one of the most prestigious leagues in the world.

I personally don't think that will change. I just think we are headed in the right direction.

Last edited by Hasan Rossonero; 23-06-2006 at 05:19.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 05:47   #1041

iregk

Registered User
 
iregk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini
iregk is an unknown quantity at this point
Apart from he said she said and this is what i believe etc...

Does anyone have any knowledge on what is the most likely outcome of all this?
__________________
---------------------
Two colours, One love
iregk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 05:58   #1042

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by iregk
Apart from he said she said and this is what i believe etc...

Does anyone have any knowledge on what is the most likely outcome of all this?


If you read my post...I have explained the charges to the best of my knowledge. Currently we risk a points deduction. We will find out in July.

This is the latest.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 06:01   #1043

Tas

Registered User
 
Join Date: 06 2006
Tas is on a distinguished road
23/06/2006 06:34
Juve, Milan, Lazio And Fiorentina Indicted
As expected the four clubs, along with other officials, were charged with sporting fraud in the Italian scandal.

Fans of the four big Italian clubs can now start to worry as yesterday they were indicted to the Disciplinary Commission for violation of Article 1 (general duties and obligations) and/or Article 6 (altering the result of a match or securing an advantage in the table with any means is considered sporting fraud. The clubs, its Directors and players have the duty to inform the authorities if they believe this is in progress) of the sporting justice code.

Juventus is the club that is risking most as they have violated both articles directly and Serie B or even Serie C is a big probability. Lazio and Fiorentina risk demotion to Serie B for their non-direct involvement, whereas Milan risk a heavy point deduction.

The persons, including 8 referees, who have been charged as well are: Luciano Moggi, Antonio Giraudo, Adriano Galliani, Leonardo Meani, Andrea Della Valle, Diego Della Valle, Sandro Mencucci, Claudio Lotito, Cosimo Maria Ferri, Franco Carraro, Innocenzo Mazzini, Tullio Lanese, Paolo Bergamo, Pierluigi Pairetto, Gennaro Mazzei, Pietro Ingargiola, Paolo Bertini, Massimo De Santis, Paolo Dondarini, Fabrizio Babini, Domenico Messina, Gianluca Paparesta, Gianluca Rocchi, Pasquale Rodomonti, Paolo Tagliavento, Claudio Puglisi.

The trial will start next week and by the 20th of July a verdict will be made.

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=80171
Tas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 07:52   #1044

GavinMilan

Registered User
 
Join Date: 01 2006
GavinMilan is on a distinguished road
SO what is going on people, is Milan being charge and if so with what?

The thing is that I think Milan is in a pretty good shape, since Galli still has not resign from the Milan board, yet
GavinMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 07:53   #1045

mk18

BANNED!
 
mk18's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: amman, JORDAN
Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
mk18 is on a distinguished road
question, howecome inter arent being investigated, wasnt moratti involved in phone calls aswell?
mk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 08:13   #1046

Tony 29

Registered User
 
Tony 29's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Fave Players: Zidane
Tony 29 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk18
question, howecome inter arent being investigated, wasnt moratti involved in phone calls aswell?
Nope, hats off to Moratti for not being involved ( or not being caught, at least), but Inter weren't involved. There were some conversations between an Inter official about some Champions League referees, but that was all !

And if you think better, Inter won absolutely nothing in last 17 years (and always had great team/players), so i doubt they were involved in match fixing/bribing officials stuff !

And i still don't understand Lazio-Viola accusations! Anyone knows what did Lazio's owner or Fiorentina owner/GM did ?
__________________
Question : What is your wife trying to say if she's wearing an Italy jersey ?

Answer: No fuc*** way you're gonna score tonight !!!
Tony 29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 08:30   #1047

Milanista4ever

Registered User
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Milanista4ever is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony 29

And i still don't understand Lazio-Viola accusations! Anyone knows what did Lazio's owner or Fiorentina owner/GM did ?
I can't say I'm 100% sure about it, but Im fairly confident their involvement is because they knowingly participated in Moggi's system...for Fiorentina, they were desperate to avoid relegation at one point last season and begged Moggi to send them "friendly refs"...similar thing for Lazio....
Milanista4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 08:33   #1048

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Inter hasnt been caught, because they were more careful, IMO.

As far as the Lazio Viola issue, its as much as mystery to me as it is to you Tony 29.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 08:44   #1049

Kaka1899

Registered User
 
Kaka1899's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: La terra della bella gente
Fave Players: Kaką, Andrea Pirlo and Paolo Maldini
Kaka1899 is on a distinguished road
On the bravo website it says that Forentina and LAzio have been doing second grade sporting fraud what ever that is
__________________
ALWAYS ROSSO
ALWAYS NERO
ALWAYS A ROSSONERO



San Paolo 600 Serie A Appearances Living Legend Grazie Paolo!

Heroes Are Remembered
Legends Live Forever
San Paolo
Kaka1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 08:47   #1050

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero
The good things are already starting to appear. Galliani has resigned! I was happy when I heard that because the obvious conflict of interest was embarrassing!

As for Italian football's prestige...well...in the past decade racism, ugly stadiums, falling attendances, financial collapses, match-fixing have all taken their toll...but Serie A is one of the most prestigious leagues in the world.

I personally don't think that will change. I just think we are headed in the right direction.
Yup, every structure needs some "spring cleaning" ever so often, so I am glad that now the playing field will be a little more level insofar as the Serie A is concerned.

Inter will be more of a force to recon with, now that the "artificial" system of rigging will be halted, if only for a while.

A 15 point deduction is massive, but we could target a top 4 spot to guarantee UCL football quite easily, seeing that we will also be allowed to show what our superior technical ability can bring, now that the "system" is defunct...but one question remains....how long will it be, before another one replaces it?
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.