AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 20:13   #11536

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
If Carlo and Leo are soft, then Spalleti is super soft. I don't want to see him as Milan manager, I have seen Roma choke enough times.

As for the mercato, I am still confused as to what is going on in our president's mind:

1) Is he broke and really has no money?

2) Or does he want to prove a point to the world that he can win without spending money, hence he is the best?

Either way, this should not be at the expense of Milan. I really hope he truly has the club's interests at heart and not his own.
rt9 is offline  
Old 01-09-2009, 20:27   #11537

boing boing

Registered User
 
boing boing's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2009
boing boing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by K77SH C View Post
boing boing, you want a hard ass coach. Two questions:
1. Who (Dont worry about whether it is likely to happen, just name your ideal)
2. What happens when Berlus**** tells him to stop being a hard ass on Ronnie?
3. What happens when Berlsu**** starts getting arsy with him in the media?
There is no hard-ass coach available in the market as I mentioned earlier. I don't know what is the acceptable range of "Who (Dont worry about whether it is likely to happen, just name your ideal)", but here are some examples: Fergusson, Lippi, Mourinho, Ancelotti, Trap, Capello ...

Just to remind you, Sacchi and Capello, known as one of the strictest coaches ever to manage had their best spells with Milan under Berlu.

Berlu went arsy on Ancelotti (in the media) while he was coaching (saying that his tactics are too passive) and Ancelotti just ignored it. He still won the CL with us and Berlu never complained about Ancelotti as long as he was winning.

If Berlu was to favor Dinho so much, he wouldn't embarrass Dinho by making him stand up on a table in front of everybody and ask him to pledge his professionalism for the team.

In a more direct manner, if Berlu tells a coach to stop being a hard-ass on Dinho, the coach should just ignore Berlu. As long as the team wins Berlu is not going to nag about selecting particular players or tactics.
boing boing is offline  
Old 02-09-2009, 03:20   #11538

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by K77SH C View Post
I spent the last two years defending Carlo. Can we please not all jump on the "We miss carlo bandwagon" now.

Carlo would have started with the same team against inter. Maybe Ambro instead of Flamini which would have p!ssed everyone off and Seedorf instead of Ronnie (Which again would have p!ssed the posters here off).

Gatusso would still have got injured, still have given a penalty. I believe Carlo would have had his man on and that is a mistake a new manager like Leo can be forgiven for. He will be ready next time, we all learn from things like this.

Janku and Zambro would still have been bad.

Tactical changes are what you all asked for, you are getting them (as much he can with the current players).

Seedorf and Ambro out for Ronnie and Flamini is what you asked for. You have got that.

What more can Leonardo do? If anybody wants to criticise Leonardo then come up with logical reasons why other than the fact that he is new to management. We dont hear Juve fans complaining about Ferrara's inexperience!
Good post. I don't think Carlo would have managed to make the sub in time either though imho, it was somewhat of a freak episode, and something I don't recall ever seeing since I followed football.

The only questionmark that I had over Leo after this defeat was why during the period when Rino was injured and on the pitch did we not slow down and attempt to organise ourselves to cover for his problems until the sub was made. Besides that, I really don't think Leo's at fault for this.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 02-09-2009, 06:08   #11539

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by boing boing View Post
There is no hard-ass coach available in the market as I mentioned earlier. I don't know what is the acceptable range of "Who (Dont worry about whether it is likely to happen, just name your ideal)", but here are some examples: Fergusson, Lippi, Mourinho, Ancelotti, Trap, Capello ...

Just to remind you, Sacchi and Capello, known as one of the strictest coaches ever to manage had their best spells with Milan under Berlu.

Berlu went arsy on Ancelotti (in the media) while he was coaching (saying that his tactics are too passive) and Ancelotti just ignored it. He still won the CL with us and Berlu never complained about Ancelotti as long as he was winning.

If Berlu was to favor Dinho so much, he wouldn't embarrass Dinho by making him stand up on a table in front of everybody and ask him to pledge his professionalism for the team.

In a more direct manner, if Berlu tells a coach to stop being a hard-ass on Dinho, the coach should just ignore Berlu. As long as the team wins Berlu is not going to nag about selecting particular players or tactics.
Maybe you dont remember the derby we we losing 2-0 at half time and Berlu announced that he told Ancelotti to bring on a second striker. Why do you think Mourinhio was taunting him all season, and did he ever complin about never getting the players he requested. And now you are calling Ancelotti a hard case, please.

Sacchi and Cappello both managed Milan when it had the biggest and britghtest stars at Milan. They are not comparable as Leo has nothing.
Capello has vowed to never manage Milan again so now that he has made a name for himself he feels he cant manage under Berlusconi.

Trapatoni might be a ahrd case, but he isnt a good coach.

Ferguson has built ALL his success on young ans dynamic teams. What chance would he have at Milan.

Mourinhio wouldnt come to Milan. The money he has had to spend at Chelsea and Inter far outweighs what Milan would give him. He wouldnt be able to do anything Leo isnt and he would p!ss half of the team off while doing it.

I can go on and on, the bottom line is. The new Milan manager doesnt need to be hard with the players. He needs to be firm woth Berlusconi, but that will get him sacked. So he must make do with what hes got. The issue at Milan is a lack of quality not discipline!
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline  
Old 02-09-2009, 08:21   #11540

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Isn't it time this thread was closed. I'm gonna oepn one just called banter.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 02-09-2009, 09:44   #11541

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
The world is not over yet. I'm sure with six losses (two with Juve, two with Inter, one each with two of Fiorentina/Roma/Napoli/Genoa) and 32 wins we'll collect 96 points which is enough for winning the scudetto.

C'mon man, I've heard a bunch of sh!t about how bad and crap are Milan, from other people outside there. I am here looking for safe haven and don't want to see the same sh!t here...
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 02-09-2009, 10:02   #11542

Samaldinho

Registered User
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvonimirBoban View Post
The world is not over yet. I'm sure with six losses (two with Juve, two with Inter, one each with two of Fiorentina/Roma/Napoli/Genoa) and 32 wins we'll collect 96 points which is enough for winning the scudetto.

C'mon man, I've heard a bunch of sh!t about how bad and crap are Milan, from other people outside there. I am here looking for safe haven and don't want to see the same sh!t here...
Wouldn't it be funny if that's how Milan wins the scudetto this year?
Samaldinho is offline  
Old 02-09-2009, 10:38   #11543

Ryo

Registered User
 
Ryo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Ryo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvonimirBoban View Post
The world is not over yet. I'm sure with six losses (two with Juve, two with Inter, one each with two of Fiorentina/Roma/Napoli/Genoa) and 32 wins we'll collect 96 points which is enough for winning the scudetto.

C'mon man, I've heard a bunch of sh!t about how bad and crap are Milan, from other people outside there. I am here looking for safe haven and don't want to see the same sh!t here...
Mate, you're forgetting the draws against Fiore, Roma, Napoli and Genoa that we'll probably attain in the return leg. Oh, and the draws away to Lazio, Palermo, Sampdoria and Udinese.

Maybe Paloschi will score against us for Parma and Bari will draw us like they did Inter

Last edited by Ryo; 02-09-2009 at 10:41.
Ryo is offline  
Old 02-09-2009, 11:12   #11544

nguyen_milan

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2007
nguyen_milan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
Wouldn't it be funny if that's how Milan wins the scudetto this year?
haha who know?
I remember we all of suddenly won the scudetto in 1999.
We only need to take as much points as possible against small clubs and we have a good chance to contend.
nguyen_milan is offline  
Old 02-09-2009, 11:39   #11545

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvonimirBoban View Post
The world is not over yet. I'm sure with six losses (two with Juve, two with Inter, one each with two of Fiorentina/Roma/Napoli/Genoa) and 32 wins we'll collect 96 points which is enough for winning the scudetto.

C'mon man, I've heard a bunch of sh!t about how bad and crap are Milan, from other people outside there. I am here looking for safe haven and don't want to see the same sh!t here...
So, in fact, lets be real, you are looking for a place where people are fantasising and not telling the truth ( the truth=we suck with this squad) ?
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 02-09-2009, 11:58   #11546

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
I'm looking for place where I will find the spirit of Milan I supported, the spirit of the winner. Who the fcuk will support and show support to Milan if it's not us? The Interista? The Juventino? Sadly even Merda's football director has backed us when he said our hope for scudetto hasn't finished yet.
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 02-09-2009, 11:58   #11547

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Something good coming from the mouth of Galliani: he said that the cancelled contract of Viudez opens a door to allow them to buy a non-EU player in January.

Better later than never ... so our Winter Mercato could be more active than this long Summer one: probably Beckham back and so, a non-EU player (I hope they will get one, they have 4 months to think about who buying and to start the negotiations).
GeoTav is offline  
Old 02-09-2009, 12:03   #11548

JuanShoe

Registered User
 
JuanShoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2008
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Van Basten, Weah, Nesta, Sheva
JuanShoe is on a distinguished road
Hello! I generally don't post, just read when I'm on here. However I thought I'd add my thoughts on recent events.

Firstly, I think people's reaction to the Iner game is a little over the top. I accept these are passionate Milan fans who are just really concerned with the way things are going but talk of struggling to even make the Europa Cup places this year seems a bit excessive to me. I guess only time will tll but we've only played 2 games and I think Milan will finish in the top 3 or 4, with maybe an outside chance of challenging for the title. Sure our side is not good enough to beat Barca, Chelsea, Man U, Inter or the likes regularly but we are not playing them regularly! Our starting 11 is better than almost all of Serie A's, with the exception of Juventus and Inter. We need a bit of luck in terms of injuries but I think we will be ok. However I don't think this is what Milan shoul be aiming for!

Secondly, Berlusconi is responsible for changing Milan. He invested when he needed too and to an extent he saved the club. However nothing lasts forever. His time has gone and for the good of the club he should sell. My Scottish team, Dundee Utd, had a similar situation a few years ago when Jim McLean (who was responsible for completely changing Utd, wining them the legue and taking them to the brink of the European Cup Final before being cheated by Roma and their referee) was clearly no longer fit to run the club. He embarased the club as well when he hit a reporter. It is sad to see somebody who has done so much good for a club being in such a position, kind of like seeing Ali in his last 5 fights. I know Utd aren't even in the same stratosphere as Milan, but itis clear to me change at te top is needed. Moreover McLean never came close to being as embarassing as Berlusconi!

Thirdly, people questionning Leonardo is ridiculous. The whole notion of "we need n expeienced manager" is just a myth that keeps jobs for the boys. Barca wouldn't have won anything more than they did last year if Guardiola (who hadn't been anymore successful as a payer in terms of trophies than half of the Barca squad) had been older or more experienced. Wenger and Mourinho had success at every level almost instantly despite not having the experience or careers as others. Leonaro is a very intelligent man and maybe a great Milan manager, but only time will tell. In9 months or so people can start to make accuate judgements about Leo but until then he should have the full supoort of everyone connected to the club, including us.

Finally, we do need new players and to get in young and hungry players. Albertazzi, Antonini or Abate need to be given a chance at LB as Janko is simply not a defender. We seem to have a few promising youngsters in Berretta, Zigoni, Odoumadi, Stasser and Gaeta. They may be young but they need to get more time on the pitch. Italy seems to be different to other countries in terms of when players come through but you only have to look at Barca and Arsenal to realise it can be done if the club (manager, board an fans) are brave enough and patient enough.

Sorry for the novel. I'll now go back to reading everybody else's thoughts.
JuanShoe is offline  
Old 02-09-2009, 12:06   #11549

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
About my last post (can't edit it): the non-EU player will probably be a Brazilian player because their championship will just end, contrarly to the European championships that will end in May ...

So, the main names that will come back around January will probably be Adriano, Hernanes, ...
GeoTav is offline  
Old 02-09-2009, 12:08   #11550

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
Firstly, I think people's reaction to the Iner game is a little over the top. I accept these are passionate Milan fans who are just really concerned with the way things are going but talk of struggling to even make the Europa Cup places this year seems a bit excessive to me. I guess only time will tll but we've only played 2 games and I think Milan will finish in the top 3 or 4, with maybe an outside chance of challenging for the title. Sure our side is not good enough to beat Barca, Chelsea, Man U, Inter or the likes regularly but we are not playing them regularly! Our starting 11 is better than almost all of Serie A's, with the exception of Juventus and Inter. We need a bit of luck in terms of injuries but I think we will be ok. However I don't think this is what Milan shoul be aiming for.
You expressed my thoughts better than I expressed. What I meant was we may not beat Juve or Inter, but we certainly will do better against small teams than last year. With us as underdogs nobody will put 9-man defense against us anymore.
__________________
MILAN! MILAN!
SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN!
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
 

Tags
αισιοδοξία, mercato, transfers


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.