AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-08-2006, 06:55   #106

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goose
Rick, you have to consider the loss of van Nistelrooy's 20-odd goals from last season. Who will pick up the slack? Rossi? Talented but inexperienced. Saha? Solid but injury-prone. The Norwegian guy whose name escapes me right now? Serviceable but perhaps well beyond his sell-by date. And of course Alan Smith has a long term injury. Who else, I hope I'm not missing anyone.

Surely Rooney can't do all by himself, so indeed Utd are in the market for a proven striker. The reports of the them lining up a bid for Adriano proves this. And looking at their current crop, Tevez is definitely a necessity, not a luxury. He's pretty good as both an out-and-out finisher and provider and he'll come at a cheaper price than Adriano.

I don't disagree with your other points with Abramobitch and they all make sense, but isnt England Tevez's preferred destination? I think I heard that somewhere but I may be imagining things. Someone set me straight.
I agree that United will have a difficult time replacing Ruud's pure goalscoring ability, but then again the reason he left was because Fergie had replaced him in the lineup with Saha (who was magnificent down the stretch), so really they only lost a backup player (albeit a great one). Granted, Saha has been injury prone, but they also have Rossi, who I think they have a lot of faith in and are ready to let him show what he can do. Plus the veteran Solskjaer is finally healthy again. So they do have four very good strikers they can call on. Of course, I'm sure they'd love to have Tevez. Who wouldn't, right? But they're very thin in the midfield and are lacking the physical presence they had with Roy Keane. That's why they were hoping Milan would be relegated and they might get Gattuso. Carrick is a fine defender and ball distributor, but not the kind of hard-nosed tackler they need. So I think getting someone such as Hargreaves has to be their first priority. But you may be right. We'll see.

As for England being Tevez's preferred destination, I have no idea. He's been linked there a lot (mostly with Chelsea). Usually the players from Argentina prefer to play in Italy or Spain because both the culture and the style of football are more suitable, but everyone is different, so Carlitos might rather go there. I just don't know.
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 19-08-2006, 07:14   #107

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
I agree with both of you, Rick and Goose, on whether ManU needs an expensive forward like Tevez - it's a toss up for me really, depending on what opportunities SAF faces in the coming days and first 2-3 games of the EPL.
So far, he seems to be showing faith in Saha and if the Frenchman stays fit, alongside Roonie, getting Tevez won't be a necessity for ManU, I guess as they might decide to focus on strenthening the midfield even more - I read rumours of them having made a bid of 25 mil euros, I think, for Bayern's Hargreaves, who is an excellent mid and a very good RB too.
On England being Tevez' preferred destination, after the high-profile failure of players like Crespo and veron to adjust to England and EPL, I would have to hear it from his own mouth to believe it. I agree with Rick that it has been mostly CHelski he has been associated with for a move to the EPL but that's more along the lines of Abramovich being a major shareholder in MSI and a close friend/business buddy with Corinthian's president. Given the rich presence, and very, very successful one at that, of Argentinians in Italy, Tevez must be out of his mind to go to the EPL, especially with Crespo's ordeal as a vivid example.
zlatanov is offline  
Old 19-08-2006, 07:23   #108

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
The only reason he's linked to Man Utd is because he's pretty good mates with Heinze, that and they need a forward. There's no more truth in their rumours than there are in ours or Bayern's.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline  
Old 19-08-2006, 08:18   #109

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
The other thing I had forgotten about was that Fergie has converted Alan Smith back into a striker. So he has Rooney, Saha, Smith, Solskjaer and Rossi available.
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 19-08-2006, 08:20   #110

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Smith has always been a striker, i never understood why that mad man tried to pass him off as a midfielder in the first place, it was a stupid idea.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline  
Old 19-08-2006, 08:48   #111

Sleep

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Fave Players: Pirlo, Vicente, Joaquin, Ronaldinho, Beckham, Pato
Sleep is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt9
What makes you think Messi will come cheap? Further, what makes you think Barca will sell him?
na, I don't think Messi is too valuable that Barca can't sell him. And I guess his price is about E10M, no more. Because he hasn't shown much last year, just a talented player, not at world class yet. The best time of him till now was U18 Championship I think. And Kaka was not worse than him at that age, and we got Kaka with E8.5M.

About MU. If we REALLY want Tevez, MU can't beat us. They are bad at transferring, they are not as rich as chelsea, and they have bought Carrick with P18.6M so they don't have much money left. And I wonder, if Carrick costs P18.6M, how much MU wants to pay for Tevez?
Sleep is offline  
Old 19-08-2006, 08:56   #112

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
They're more concerned with Hargreaves at present. Which is not to say they won't be monitoring Tevez, but their immediate interest is with the Bayern player.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline  
Old 19-08-2006, 10:20   #113

Josh-Sheva

Registered User
 
Josh-Sheva's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Sheva, Ron, Gila, Kaka, Lampard
Josh-Sheva is on a distinguished road
Now, Tevez can make a move over here...
__________________
Gourcuff- UnBeAtaBlEBeat Him
Josh-Sheva is offline  
Old 19-08-2006, 11:02   #114

arcy

Registered User
 
arcy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
arcy is on a distinguished road
But I read that Bayern has ended MU's hopes for Hargreaves and has just firmly said that Hargreaves is staying with a contract till 2010 to be respected.
arcy is offline  
Old 19-08-2006, 11:24   #115

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleep
na, I don't think Messi is too valuable that Barca can't sell him. And I guess his price is about E10M, no more. Because he hasn't shown much last year, just a talented player, not at world class yet. The best time of him till now was U18 Championship I think. And Kaka was not worse than him at that age, and we got Kaka with E8.5M.

About MU. If we REALLY want Tevez, MU can't beat us. They are bad at transferring, they are not as rich as chelsea, and they have bought Carrick with P18.6M so they don't have much money left. And I wonder, if Carrick costs P18.6M, how much MU wants to pay for Tevez?
Are you joking about Messi or serious?
If you think that is going to be his price-tag then I would suggest a serious rethink.
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 19-08-2006, 11:49   #116

Josh-Sheva

Registered User
 
Josh-Sheva's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Sheva, Ron, Gila, Kaka, Lampard
Josh-Sheva is on a distinguished road
Yep, Messi is NOT cheap.

Then again, NONE of Barcas players are!

Anyway his "future" has already come
__________________
Gourcuff- UnBeAtaBlEBeat Him
Josh-Sheva is offline  
Old 19-08-2006, 18:29   #117

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Guys, Milan are killing me, I cant take it no more!!! I need to see Tevez pulling on a Milan shirt pretty soon. Hes the only player available that I can see doing what Sheva used to do for us (apart from the heading)and maybe even a little more. I dont think Torres will ever be anywhere near Sheva, but Tevez actually could be better. The other brazilian simply cannot be considered as relacement for Sheva. We need Tevez, someone give me some encouraging words or Im going to blow up in anticpation and frustration.

I still remmeber when we needed strikers and we went and got players who were well known and wanted by many teams. I can clearly remember Weah banging goals in all over the place for PSG, who got him us. I remember Sheva scoring in the Europan cup for fun and everyone wanting him, who got him us.

Wheres that ambition gone now, we need Teves!! Im desperate to see a striker like him who can score goals, make goals come to Milan and show the same kind of aggression as Rino does. Thats what we have lacked over the past couple of seasons in those matches against Pool, Depor, and PSV. Someone who is going to run st the other team when we need some pressure relieving of our defence. We cannot only rely on Kaka for this role.

Bring Tevez to Milan Berusconi!!!!!!!
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline  
Old 19-08-2006, 18:39   #118

Billy1969

BANNED!
 
Billy1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Van Basten, Savicevic, Boban, Gattuso, Maldini
Billy1969 is on a distinguished road
I feel exactly the same, but we lost a whole lot of the transfermarket due to calciopoli verdicts and having to play the CL qualifications. And it still can go bad in Belgrade, which would already jeopardise our entire 2006-07 season, in that case, other than Oddo and a fifth rank striker I don't see anyone coming.

Sad but true, it looks as these days players need guaranteed CL to come to us, the name and magic of Milan isn't enough anymore, even Zambrotta who prefered staying in Italy went to Barcelona in the end because he wanted guaranteed CL football. It's a sad mentality that of today's players.
Billy1969 is offline  
Old 19-08-2006, 18:54   #119

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
I see what you mean and this game on Tueday is important, but even if we dont get into the CL we have to win the scudetto and you dont do that by not replacing your star striker. This whole thing is starting to remind me of when United got rid of Stam and paid for it by not replacing him. After this whole crisis Milan need to send a message to Europe that we want another CL. If we dont get Tevez now we will have lost him forever. Of course there is no need to panic, but there is no room for complaceny. We like every other tam except Juve have to win every match by winning on the pitch. Teams wont just roll over for us. The lineup at the moment doesnt exactly strike fear in the heartsof the opponents either.
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline  
Old 19-08-2006, 22:39   #120

Sleep

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Fave Players: Pirlo, Vicente, Joaquin, Ronaldinho, Beckham, Pato
Sleep is on a distinguished road
Messi is cheap, if some clubs want him this summer, you will see. He can't cross over E10M. Why do you think Messi is expensive? In world cup, he was just a normal player in Argentina. Last year at Barca, he shined A BIT in Champion League and the first half of the season. And he got injury and he couldn't show any thing interesting after that. So if you think Messi is expensive, how much do you think?
Sleep is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.