AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-10-2007, 09:39   #106

humanTORCH

Registered User
 
humanTORCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Near the EQUATOR!
Fave Players: Sheva,Zidane,Boban,MVB
humanTORCH is on a distinguished road
Since kaka will be bench against empoli due to international duty, we will see if ancelotti start gorky. Hopefully he will start and not brocchi
__________________
One time Van Basten said to me: Why do Milan keep winning while the others don't?
I answered: Marco, we want to remain in the memory as a side that wins in a certain way, we must entertain the public because it's just not the winning that counts.'
- Arrigo Sacchi
humanTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 15:35   #107

ThrusT

Registered User
 
ThrusT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Pirlo, Serginho, Baresi, Rui Costa
ThrusT is on a distinguished road
I have heard Carlo is ready to play Gila and Pippo again with Seedorf backing them up so that means no Gorky...
ThrusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 16:16   #108

inter-1908

Registered User
 
inter-1908's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2007
Location: milan, italy
Fave Players: Ibrahimovic, Figo, and all the other inter players
inter-1908 is on a distinguished road
gourcouff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrusT
I have heard Carlo is ready to play Gila and Pippo again with Seedorf backing them up so that means no Gorky...
As much as this guy is young and all, seedprf, pippo and gila are all players with more talent than gourcouff, so thats why they play ahead of him, or thats what ancelotti thinks.
__________________
F.C. Internazionale-Milano 1908-2008 Centenario Inter
CaMpIoNi dItAliA SiAmo AnCoRa NoI!
inter-1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2007, 00:01   #109

humanTORCH

Registered User
 
humanTORCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: Near the EQUATOR!
Fave Players: Sheva,Zidane,Boban,MVB
humanTORCH is on a distinguished road
Doesn't mean he is young he is less talented the the older player. He need more playing time since kaka is rested. hope he take his chance and play great football.
Playing gila and pippo at the same time is absurd. Both of them are indentical in style of play. gorky taking kaka's role will be a much better solution. bring in kaka in later part of the match if necessary.

forza Gorky!
__________________
One time Van Basten said to me: Why do Milan keep winning while the others don't?
I answered: Marco, we want to remain in the memory as a side that wins in a certain way, we must entertain the public because it's just not the winning that counts.'
- Arrigo Sacchi
humanTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2007, 05:29   #110

Ghost

Registered User
 
Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Fave Players: Bergkamp, v.Basten, v.Persie
Ghost is on a distinguished road
Gorky should of been loaned out
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2007, 06:05   #111

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Gourcuff accepts Milan role
Sunday 21 October, 2007
Yoann Gourcuff was dubbed the ‘little Zidane’ when he joined Milan, but insists he’ll reject an offer from Lens despite his rough patch.

The young Frenchman has struggled to make his mark at San Siro, making only a handful of appearances since last summer’s arrival.

“The problem is I had to settle in to a new style of life,” explained the French starlet who turned down a loan move to Lens this week.

“It is not true that I have lost my place in the France side. The Coach called me after Glasgow and explained that mentally and physically I wasn’t ready for the Under-21 side at that time. I understood and was able to stay at home, see my family and friends.

“Milan are not slowing down my career and I am happy where I am. I’m working to become an important player for France and Milan, it doesn’t matter when. I know that I am on the right track.”

Still only 21 years old, Gourcuff made 21 Serie A appearances for the Rossoneri last season, but so far has only played three games, two of which as a substitute.

“I have improved tactically and physically from a year ago, but I lost confidence. I take fewer risks when I play, as I am afraid to get it wrong. When I arrived I did what I wanted do, but now the Coach and squad are asking me to play more simple football. I try to do it, but lose a bit of creativity.

“I realise these are important steps to my growth as a player. When someone doesn’t play very much, it isn’t easy to regain confidence, but I am not complaining.”

The ‘petit Zidane’ tag is no longer applied to the former Rennes midfielder, but he does not mind.

“That was so long ago. I never considered myself like Zidane, I just work hard and expect progress. I am Yoann Gourcuff and am still young.”

Milan Coach Carlo Ancelotti also pointed out the reason for this long time spent on the bench.

“Gourcuff’s only problem is that he has some of the best midfielders in the world ahead of him at this club. He would be a first team player at any other Serie A side, but his time will come.”
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2007, 08:50   #112

inter-1908

Registered User
 
inter-1908's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2007
Location: milan, italy
Fave Players: Ibrahimovic, Figo, and all the other inter players
inter-1908 is on a distinguished road
Gourcouff

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanTORCH
Doesn't mean he is young he is less talented the the older player. He need more playing time since kaka is rested. hope he take his chance and play great football.
Playing gila and pippo at the same time is absurd. Both of them are indentical in style of play. gorky taking kaka's role will be a much better solution. bring in kaka in later part of the match if necessary.

forza Gorky!
He is young, and he needs good playing time to become better experienced, but if hes playing only here and there, theres no point in keepping him to warm the bench. I no its been mentioned already, maybe he should be loaned out (still in serie A) to a team where he will recieve more regular laying time. This well help him prosper, and then he will return to milan and show ancelotti how much hee has grown as a player and that he deserves more playing time.
__________________
F.C. Internazionale-Milano 1908-2008 Centenario Inter
CaMpIoNi dItAliA SiAmo AnCoRa NoI!
inter-1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2007, 09:42   #113

peters

Registered User
 
peters's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Slovenia
peters is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29.
Milan Coach Carlo Ancelotti also pointed out the reason for this long time spent on the bench.

“Gourcuff’s only problem is that he has some of the best midfielders in the world ahead of him at this club. He would be a first team player at any other Serie A side, but his time will come.”
Haha, who is he kiddin? I dont object, it is true but even a blind man can see those in front of him cannot provide proper football. Its a darn shame to watch him warm the bench while best midfielders in the world are loosing the game against empoli. And he is called to fix things when they go wrong? It should be the other way around...
peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2007, 11:16   #114

inter-1908

Registered User
 
inter-1908's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2007
Location: milan, italy
Fave Players: Ibrahimovic, Figo, and all the other inter players
inter-1908 is on a distinguished road
on average how many games a year does mr gourcouff play?
__________________
F.C. Internazionale-Milano 1908-2008 Centenario Inter
CaMpIoNi dItAliA SiAmo AnCoRa NoI!
inter-1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2007, 11:45   #115

HO-YOUNG

Registered User
 
HO-YOUNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2007
Location: Jamaica
Fave Players: Kaka, Albertini, Serginho, Maldini, Rivaldo
HO-YOUNG is on a distinguished road
Today Gorky came on the field of play...i knew he was there bcause the commentator said he was on the field...However i saw him open many times but the others seem to lack confidense in him and gave him the ball when they had no other option...
Carlo should have started him instead of the #11.
__________________
Massimo Tartaglia
HO-YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2007, 18:51   #116

BobanFan

Registered User
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Fave Players: Boban
BobanFan is on a distinguished road
At Rennes didn't he play as the right attacking midfielder in a 4-2-3-1 formation? Why is he always shoved onto the left of our midfield?
BobanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2007, 10:27   #117

luani86

Registered User
 
luani86's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2005
Location: Kosova
Fave Players: Sheva-Kaka
luani86 is on a distinguished road
i think Carlo play's him at the left side, because we dont have players, that can play in that side, so this is the reason, and is really too bad
__________________
Doesn't matter where we are, on front or on the bottom, we are European Champions (AC Milan #7)
luani86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:49   #118

LedbyZep

Registered User
 
Join Date: 12 2007
Fave Players: Kaladze, Gilardino, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Kaka etc.
LedbyZep is on a distinguished road
Whenever I see Gourcuff play, he is always on the left side but his preferred foot is on the right so he usually plays on the right or the center. In his Rennes days, thats where his role is at and usually plays around 20 or more games. Give Gourcuff some more playing as Ancelotti promised and bring a left sided attacking midfielder like Fernandinho etc..
LedbyZep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:24   #119

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
His left foot is pretty much just as good as his right from what I've seen. Gourcuff just needs continuity to improve his confidence and thus improve his game. When the Coppa Italia starts he'll probably get the full 90 minutes to prove his worth, hopefully in his preferred position.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2007, 16:24   #120

Faяouk

Registered User
 
Join Date: 12 2007
Fave Players: Inzaghi and many others who don't fit here!
Faяouk is on a distinguished road
I think we should loan him to any mid table Italian team till the end of the season. The kid looks talented but I feel like he doesn't want to improve, or he's not doing so much effort. And we know Ancelotti favors experience. We are ruining the kid this way, and he expected to be on the team sheet this year more often. Let's loan him out till the end of the season and see how he handles the situation and weather or not he'll be Milan material in the future.
Faяouk is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:56.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.