AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-05-2008, 07:58   #106

_Ace

Registered User
 
_Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Fave Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gilardino, Buffon, Nesta...
_Ace is on a distinguished road
in the Juve match he saved Simic's arse several times
_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 11:29   #107

ambrogirl

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2008
Location: virginia,usa
Fave Players: baggio,maldini,costacurta,ambrosini,pirlo
ambrogirl is on a distinguished road
Paolo can play for another year; he was the man of the match for the first leg of Milan arsenal game at the emirates. I remember this particular part of the game when Alexander hleb f who is only 27 tried to get the ball from him and maldini turned him inside out, it was so funny. He might be slower, but his experience and technique are out of this world. Of course he makes mistakes, but so does everyone else.he made those mistakes in the past when he was 17,or 25 and will continue to make them because he is only human.
ambrogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 15:09   #108

hany.Egypt

Registered User
 
hany.Egypt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Cairo,Egypt
Fave Players: san Paolo, Nesta, Pirlo and Ronaldinho
hany.Egypt is on a distinguished road
In the Juve game he gave the ball to Camoranisi who crossed it to trez. this is another one. And mistakes doesn't neccessarly leads to goals he made so many mistakes this season that I don't remember because they didn't cost us goals directly, like the Milan Roma games at the San Sero plus I didn't mean that he is bad he is good, very good compared to our defenders but to his standerds is awful, I don't want to see good Maldini I want to see the same Paolo that made me love football in general and Milan in particular I won't stand to watch a video made by some rubbish Inter fans mocking him saying that he needs a compass to know which direction Ibra is going to like what happen after the 2 - 1 defeat in march 2007.
Ambrogirl about the Milan Arsenal game I agree he was superb not just in London but in the San Sero as well and he was by far our best player but that happened only twice this season. His positioning is still great but reflixes, pace, and fitness is fare from being good.
hany.Egypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 17:46   #109

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hany.Egypt
In the Juve game he gave the ball to Camoranisi who crossed it to trez. this is another one. And mistakes doesn't neccessarly leads to goals he made so many mistakes this season that I don't remember because they didn't cost us goals directly, like the Milan Roma games at the San Sero plus I didn't mean that he is bad he is good, very good compared to our defenders but to his standerds is awful, I don't want to see good Maldini I want to see the same Paolo that made me love football in general and Milan in particular I won't stand to watch a video made by some rubbish Inter fans mocking him saying that he needs a compass to know which direction Ibra is going to like what happen after the 2 - 1 defeat in march 2007.
Ambrogirl about the Milan Arsenal game I agree he was superb not just in London but in the San Sero as well and he was by far our best player but that happened only twice this season. His positioning is still great but reflixes, pace, and fitness is fare from being good.
Wait, against Inter it was NOT maldini fault. It's Jankulovski error. Maldini had to cover the left side because Jankulovski was not there (and Jankulovski was really bad in that match especially his defending). IF Maldini has decent partner in DC, he will play superbly. But if he has to cover his partner again and again, he cant do it all times. He is not a robot.

Against Juve, I've already forget what happened as I watched it in the middle of midnight .

What I cant imagine is that Maldini has to give the DC spot to younger and much worse player like Khaladze. Why not Khaladze plays as fullback?
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 18:36   #110

_Ace

Registered User
 
_Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Fave Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gilardino, Buffon, Nesta...
_Ace is on a distinguished road
Jankulovski played vs Inter(1st match) ? :O

I must be crazy then tbh

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/footba...an-204049.html
_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 19:55   #111

ambrogirl

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2008
Location: virginia,usa
Fave Players: baggio,maldini,costacurta,ambrosini,pirlo
ambrogirl is on a distinguished road
You can't be taking inter fans and their YouTube crap seriously. And ibra, please, the guy was a joke in the Liverpool game(CL) and many other games this season, but he came back strong yesterday against Parma and these are the usual ups and downs of the game. Plus I’m sure Milan will sign new defenders, and if maldini stays, he will have his fare share of rest, but that doesn't mean that he can't contribute to the team. In juve game, I remember pirlo making and awful mistake and once again Maldini was to the rescue clearing what would have been an absolute goal. We all have examples of good and bad, but in my opinion il capitano can contribute to the team effectively without humiliating himself for another year.if anyone else made those mistakes we wouldn't be talking about,but we are self cautious about maldini because of his age.
ambrogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 20:07   #112

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ace
Jankulovski played vs Inter(1st match) ? :O

I must be crazy then tbh

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/footba...an-204049.html
What you gave is from this season's match (1st derby this season). I think, what hany meant the game againts Inter last season when Jankulovski played as fullback and Maldini as DC (the post said march 2007, not Dec 2007).

And if someone wants to discuss about the first derby in this season, we have already discussed it. It's NOT Maldini's fault either (but the player who received Maldini's pass and Dida's error).

Last edited by Siregar; 19-05-2008 at 20:11.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2008, 04:43   #113

_Ace

Registered User
 
_Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Fave Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gilardino, Buffon, Nesta...
_Ace is on a distinguished road
oh ye, sorry Siregar, my bad, didnt even read his post
_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2008, 05:08   #114

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
hany I don't think the Juve game is the best example, mostly because Maldini had Simic and Favalli to the each side of him. I won't claim to know exactly what happened through the whole match (I missed it), but from the extended highlights I did see, he was put under incredible pressure to cover both of these two. Nesta, Bonera, Maldini have all had to put up with poor performances from other defenders this season and all have struggled.

Yes he's more mistake prone than in the past, but to maintain the standards he had before are impossible. The fact that when he does perform he's still performing at almost a world class level is a massive testament to how well he's doing.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2008, 08:45   #115

Debs

Administrator
 
Debs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough
My RSS feed turned this up...


http://www.theoffside.com/leagues/se...o-maldini.html

It’s been a rough week for the Milanisti, with their disastrous performance in Napoli having an equally disastrous effect on their Champions League hopes. Now sitting in 5th, they will pin their hopes on Torino, who, unfortunately, are not all that good, and must be very good to beat Fiorentina. Not helping matters is the report that Gennaro Gattuso, easily a fan fave, may have decided for a chance abroad while still hovering around his prime.

This may not ease all their sorrows, but it’s damn sure a big start: Paolo Maldini is basically saying he’ll return for one more go around and that the extension will be signed next week.

I don’t think there’s anything more painful than watching an icon hang on too long, and the peninsula got their full share of this two weeks ago watching Bobo Vieri, who’d seemed to have enjoyed something of a resurgence, suddenly have his career die before our very eyes against Rangers.

Thankfully, this isn’t the case with Maldini. The man has been absolutely phenomenal at times this year, and when healthy, is still one of the top defenders on the planet, even approaching 40.

Opposing attackers may not like it, but that’s too bad. And really, who doesn’t want to see some more of this?

Quotes from Paolo...


“In a week I’ll meet with Galliani to renew my contract.”

“My decision definitely does not depend on whether we play in the Champions League instead of the UEFA Cup.”

***

“Mostly [my decision] depends on my physical condition, which is better than at the start of last season.

“The players, directors and coaches have asked me outright if we could carry on for another year together, but above all the decision will come down to whether my desire to play football is still there.”
__________________
...not your normal paranormal....
Debs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 00:41   #116

mzk57

Registered User
 
mzk57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Oliver Kahn made unbelievable mistakes in Euro 2000 when he was much younger,
Baggio at his prime missed a penelty in WC final,
Del Piero at his prime missed goal chances in Euro 2000 final,
Gattuso at his prime made a wrong tackle in Istabnul final on Gerrard,
an so on................

Bottom line: Every one makes mistakes at any age. To point out only 2 or 3 mistakes form the past 24 months is unbelievable Polo Maldini is still the #1 defender in the world whether you like it or not
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 20:29   #117

ambrogirl

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2008
Location: virginia,usa
Fave Players: baggio,maldini,costacurta,ambrosini,pirlo
ambrogirl is on a distinguished road
mzk57, well said.long live il capitano
ambrogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2008, 04:32   #118

mzk57

Registered User
 
mzk57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambrogirl
mzk57, well said.long live il capitano
Thanks.............
ambroGIRL..............
I think we could be good friends here & let me say this
"Welcome to MM" (though I am late)
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2008, 04:52   #119

mzk57

Registered User
 
mzk57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well dear if u don't mind put space b/w names of your favorite players in your profile
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2008, 04:58   #120

mzk57

Registered User
 
mzk57's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Paolo must play as CB with Nesta, no more LB
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "

Last edited by mzk57; 22-05-2008 at 05:15.
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.