AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-08-2006, 15:46   #121

kumm

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Curitiba, Brazil
Fave Players: Donadoni, Van Basten, Weah, Gattuso, Kaká, Pirlo
kumm is on a distinguished road
Brazilian and Spanish media are already reporting Milan aquired Ricardo Oliveira for a fee between 15 and 18 millions euros. www.marca.com
He only has to pass the medical to be presented.
This a pretty exciting news, as said, I saw this guy playing many times (I used to live in Santos) and this guy has potential to make impact in Serie A.
kumm is offline  
Old 25-08-2006, 15:58   #122

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadim
Have you considered that Cagliari might not want to let him go? And usually big teams loan out players to smaller teams, not the other way around. I do love the guy though. I just don't see him coming to Milan.
You're right, Cagliari does not want to let Suazo go. They did everything they could to keep him there. And I don't blame them. I just love the guy. I watch him all the time because Fox Soccer Channel shows Cagliari home games on Sunday mornings. He reminds me so much of George Weah. And, barring a move to Milan, I hope he remains at Cagliari. It would take a lot to get him to leave there too, I think. Not only has he been there for seven years, but last year he married a Sardinian girl. So Cagliari is his home now. Cagliari has sort of become my "second team" in Italy from watching him play for them so much!

Well I'm very happy about the developments with Oliveira. Assuming he passes his physical, I think he will bring a lot to the team and I think Milan fans will enjoy seeing him (even those who aren't so thrilled with him at the moment). And Milan acquired him at a good price which leaves funds to buy more players to bolster the squad. The thing everybody needs to remember is that just because you're not seeing names plastered all over the newspapers does not mean Milan is not working to bring in more players before the transfer deadline ends. There is still plenty of time. Look how quickly this one happened without a whisper until it was practically done!
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 25-08-2006, 15:58   #123

Dann

Registered User
 
Dann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Leicester,England
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato,Totti Gila,Pirlo,Nesta
Dann is on a distinguished road
i think we got ripped-off for £10 mil we could have had tevez for £20-25mil and hes much better and 4 years younger how can he be considered a replacement for sheva he cant what a disgrace
Dann is offline  
Old 25-08-2006, 16:00   #124

breitlingmoto

Registered User
 
breitlingmoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: too far from the Siro
Fave Players: almost all the players at milan
breitlingmoto is on a distinguished road
Hi, I am a new member here, I have been reading the forums for a long itme, but have never written in. I would just like to ask all the members here when the last time a spanish player came and did well, not a player from the liga necessarily, but a spanish player, Jose-Marie, Javi Moreno are two from recent memory!

My point is Torres, is it not risky to spend atleast $32-40 million on him? I have only seen bits and bobs of Olivera and he seems fine. Don't forget Milan have always helped develop players. Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Gattuso, Sheva, hell even Pippo is a much better player today then when he joined us.

Infact I was thinking that we maybe should have gone for Martins, I reckon we have what it takes to mould him into potentially the most lethal finisher in the world, he is certainly quicker than everyone else, imo!

Anyway, that's all!
breitlingmoto is offline  
Old 25-08-2006, 16:12   #125

RMK

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Fave Players: Maldini, Kaka
RMK is on a distinguished road
I think he's a good signing for Milan. I remember being impressed with him while he was at Valencia - particularly his two hat tricks and goals against Real and Barca - and I was very shocked that they let him go. At Betis he was fantastic and proved he could score consistently over a season. With his pace and skill I think he'll be a good option to go along with the other strikers at the club.

Also, I think people get a little carried away with big name players. For example, Torres is a good young player but he still has a lot to learn. He needs to become more consistent in his finishing and he needs to greatly improve his possession retention - he gave the ball away more than any other player in La Liga last season. At about e45m he would be a gamble and Oliveira at about one third of the price is a good buy - and Oliveira has scored more in one season than Torres has managed so far.
RMK is offline  
Old 25-08-2006, 16:17   #126

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK
I think he's a good signing for Milan. I remember being impressed with him while he was at Valencia - particularly his two hat tricks and goals against Real and Barca - and I was very shocked that they let him go. At Betis he was fantastic and proved he could score consistently over a season. With his pace and skill I think he'll be a good option to go along with the other strikers at the club.

Also, I think people get a little carried away with big name players. For example, Torres is a good young player but he still has a lot to learn. He needs to become more consistent in his finishing and he needs to greatly improve his possession retention - he gave the ball away more than any other player in La Liga last season. At about e45m he would be a gamble and Oliveira at about one third of the price is a good buy - and Oliveira has scored more in one season than Torres has managed so far.
Great post RMK! I've often thought to myself that it seems opinions are too often swayed by newspaper hype, even if people don't realize it. People tend to believe what they read -- both good and bad -- no matter how nonsensical it is. And by the same token, if a player isn't getting the hype that some others get, they figure that player can't be very good.
__________________
Forza Milan!

Last edited by Rick; 25-08-2006 at 16:23.
Rick is offline  
Old 25-08-2006, 16:21   #127

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by andras3
he made 12 appearances for sao paulo and scored 6 goals (5 in brazilian league, 1 in libertadores).
well then maybe my fears can be allayed.
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 25-08-2006, 16:34   #128

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
here is a link to a thread on an Inter forum, where the Oliveira to Milan transfer is being discussed. Maybe the comments comming from HARDCORE Inter fans, who - pay attention: actually know him as a player !!!!! - will raise some people's self-esteem as Milan fans after Milan signed a no-name player like him, who didn't cost us 30-40 mil.
You might have to register to read it though, not sure:
http://www.forza-inter.com/forums/sh...light=oliveira

there are some Milan fans there too
zlatanov is offline  
Old 25-08-2006, 16:54   #129

MATNAT

Registered User
 
MATNAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: Playboy Mansion
Fave Players: Miss July
MATNAT is on a distinguished road
i think olivera for the price is a good signing considering the lack of options on the market.

hes young, he`ll have ambiton etc.... and by his past stats he seems like he could surprise a few people in serie a. the only question mark hanging over him is whether or not he carries on in the same free scoring vain before injury.

he has potential lets just hope that he blossoms at milan
MATNAT is offline  
Old 25-08-2006, 16:56   #130

Rick

Registered User
 
Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
here is a link to a thread on an Inter forum, where the Oliveira to Milan transfer is being discussed. Maybe the comments comming from HARDCORE Inter fans, who - pay attention: actually know him as a player !!!!! - will raise some people's self-esteem as Milan fans after Milan signed a no-name player like him, who didn't cost us 30-40 mil.
You might have to register to read it though, not sure:
http://www.forza-inter.com/forums/sh...light=oliveira

there are some Milan fans there too
Good stuff zlatanov!

Funny, I was checking out another Milan forum earlier today and there was not near the negativity or skepticism toward Oliveira that I'm finding in this thread. There was one guy who was whining and bitching, but everybody else seemed happy about it. (Well, there was one 15-year-old girl who, it seemed, had never seen him play but didn't think from his photo that he was very good looking and wished Milan would sign a more handsome player!) I don't know why this forum seems to be so full of worrywarts and naysayers.
__________________
Forza Milan!
Rick is offline  
Old 25-08-2006, 17:05   #131

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
which forum is that ... after 5 min in this thread I am usually in dire need to read something positive

Last edited by zlatanov; 25-08-2006 at 17:09.
zlatanov is offline  
Old 25-08-2006, 17:09   #132

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
I watched him intently during the 2004-05 season. Brilliant player with great movement and he is good in the air too.

I think this is a great deal for us. If he can stay injury free I can see him notch 20 goals for us domestically and a few more in the CL.
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 25-08-2006, 17:11   #133

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
List of former Sao Paulo players currently in Milan:

-Leonardo (now working in management, of course)
-Cafu'
-Kaka'
-Serginho
-Amoroso
-Ricardo Oliveira

and BTW, it is just a coincidence that he plays with number 12, currently in posession of Marco Borriello, the player he is supposed to sub...
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline  
Old 25-08-2006, 17:12   #134

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
but would it be a coincidence that the 2 lines across Sao Paulo's chest (in their traditional jersey) are Red and Black???
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline  
Old 25-08-2006, 17:14   #135

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANT
but would it be a coincidence that the 2 lines across Sao Paulo's chest (in their traditional jersey) are Red and Black???
well, given the fact that we could field almost an entire team of former SP players, I am guessing it's not
zlatanov is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.