Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > MilanMania International

Notices

Old 26-03-2003, 01:36   #211
humanTORCH

Fave Players: Sheva,Zidane,Boban,MVB
humanTORCH is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Gabrielle

I wasn't in Singapore for a month or so...so I didn't manage to post anything here nor Xtratime.Didn't expect someone would actually realize I'm missing hahhaha...:p

I am the only one who realised it.......Surprised????
humanTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2003, 19:42   #212
eureka

Quote:
Originally posted by lonewolf
..inter WERE looking for alot of fouls,but they shouldn't stereotype italian teams like that..they generally put newcastle in a pitiful light..

those commentators are BIASED..
True enough, the commentators in Singapore were kind of biased, they prefer English teams to Italian ones. But I dont respect inter and Juventus too. Inter players dive a lot and Juventus gets away with fouls in Italy easily, but the referees in Europe were much better, they were called for the right fouls.
Old 28-03-2003, 00:27   #213
humanTORCH

Quote:
Originally posted by eureka

True enough, the commentators in Singapore were kind of biased, they prefer English teams to Italian ones.
This is definitely true! Basically all if not most of my circle of friends are EPL supporter.....Man u.....Arsenal....Liverpool
They like to brag how good epl and english teams are but if u look at the european history only Liverpool has the respectable success.
Man utd which have been doing well in Europe won on TWICE in europe and Arsenal who played a breath taking style of soccer has won nothing in europe!
I always hope Milan could face any english team in the Champion league but that has not happened.
But what i'm proud of the 3 Italian teams which are in the Quarter final.....and these really silence them.
Hope maldini will be lifting the cup in front of the english fans in old trafford!!
Old 28-03-2003, 03:10   #214
Gabrielle

Fave Players: Roberto Baggio,Paolo Maldini & Demetrio Albertini
Gabrielle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by humanTORCH

Hope maldini will be lifting the cup in front of the english fans in old trafford!!
That's a scene all of us here would like to see this coming May
Old 28-03-2003, 07:16   #215
Oldman

Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta and Kaka. NO MORE Sheva!!
Oldman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Gabrielle

That's a scene all of us here would like to see this coming May
Yep, and by that time Paolo has already made a new record as the only Milan player playing his 509th matches in Serie A, 8 games more than Gianni Rivera's 501.

FORZA MILAN !! FORZA PAOLO MALDINI !! FORZA MILANISTI ALL OVER THE CONTINENTS !!
Old 28-03-2003, 11:12   #216
milan_forever

Fave Players: maldini, shevchenko, redondo
milan_forever is on a distinguished road
Anyone here affected by the SARS?

i just hope it ends soon. Many people think they can enjoy because the schools are closed. But they dont know what will happen to them if they get affected!!!
Old 28-03-2003, 12:00   #217
Gabrielle

I was out in Orchard Rd yesterday and was really surprise to see so few people there.I thot with the "holidays" and all,the school kid would enjoy themselves!I guess I'm wrong..the whole SARS thingy is freaking the whole country out.

I'm lazy to read reports about SARS in the paper.Can anyone here tell me why is these virus spraeding in Chinese majority countries i.e Singapore,Taiwan,China,Hong Kong..?
Old 28-03-2003, 20:32   #218
lonewolf

lonewolf
In China theres like almost 800 people infected,and there are even ppl affected in europe. I read in the papers that because there was no school alot of students went out..and we're having 2 weeks of our June holidays cut off..what makes it worse is that my school decided to extend our online learning another week,PLUS we're having our holidays cut off..
lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2003, 06:23   #219
humanTORCH

Polytechnics and university should be closed too but it never happened!

Anyway to all my fellow friends pls avoid crowded places and be a homie for a time being.
Old 02-04-2003, 11:25   #220
humanTORCH

Day by day more victims died from the virus.....Seems like it's getting out of hand!
I hope WHO or whoever could find the cure fast!
Old 04-04-2003, 04:56   #221
lonewolf

lonewolf
There are talks of school being postponed again..and there was a nice article on maldini in today's new paper.
lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 07:32   #222
eureka

Lone wolf, I have been locked up at home due to the fact i caught flu, an ordinary one I mean. What is the Maldini article about?
Old 04-04-2003, 09:19   #223
humanTORCH

Quote:
Originally posted by eureka
Lone wolf, I have been locked up at home due to the fact i caught flu, an ordinary one I mean. What is the Maldini article about?
It's about our Captain extending his contract......
I like the sub headline though it read like this....
"35 AND STILL HUNGRY"

And apart from that there an article about Dida who was caught to obtain a portuguese passport but he won't be jail

I just recover from cold with flu and sore throat!!!

I hope u recover fast mate.....!!!
Old 04-04-2003, 10:35   #224
Gabrielle

Forza Il Capitano!!

Here's the article in TNP for those who didn't have the chance to read it

35, and still hungry

VETERAN AC Milan defender Paolo Maldini is still hungry for trophies and records - just two months short of his 35th birthday.

The man who made his Milan debut at the age of 16 this week signed a contract that will keep him at the San Siro until June 2005.

If he sees out that deal, he will eclipse Dino Zoff's record of 21 seasons of top-flight Italian football and should beat his mark of 573 appearances in the domestic League.

In that time, Maldini has been a model professional.

His mistakes on the field have been collectors' items while he has been impeccably behaved off it.

And Maldini remains hungry for success despite a career when he has gorged on the most prestigious silverware in club football, although a top prize in the blue shirt of Italy always eluded him.

Maldini is one of six children of Cesare Maldini, a player in the AC Milan sides of the early 1960s that won several Serie A titles, two European Cups and one World Club Cup.

Cesare, assistant coach to Enzo Bearzot with the 1982 World Cup winning squad, went on to coach Italy in the 1998 World Cup and Paraguay in 2002.

Maldini made his first Serie A appearance in 1984-5 at the age of 16 when the club's fortunes were at a low ebb.

The likes of Luther Blissett and Ray Wilkins were Milan's foreign stars.

'Wilkins was a real personality,' said Maldini last year.

'He used to help the young players and top professionals never do that in Italy.'

BEST DEFENDER

During the late 1980s and the 1990s, few would argue that Maldini was the best defender in the world.

In 2000, he beat Zoff's record of Italian caps and when he quit last autumn after the unsuccessful World Cup, he had a record 125 caps for the Azzurri.

He played in four World Cups and four European Championships for his country.

He never won a trophy with Italy, but twice went agonisingly close.

In 1994, he was a member of the team that lost the World Cup final on penalties to Brazil.

Married to top Italo-Venezuelan model Adriana Fossa, Maldini is the father of two sons and lives quietly and modestly in Milan.

But unlike his father, he is unlikely to be in contention for any frontline football role when he eventually hangs up his boots.

'One thing is certain,' said Maldini last year. 'I will never be a coach.' - PA Sport.
Old 04-04-2003, 10:57   #225
humanTORCH

Not bad!!!
And i find out something that TNP usually obtain their sources from PA SPORT.....