Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

Old 15-03-2006, 06:35   #16
zlatanov

Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki
We should go for Girauldo or Moggi....there's where the scudettos are.
no, that's where the referees are ... the scudettos are only the consequence of that
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2006, 06:44   #17
zlatanov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn Shevaan
That is exactly why Juventus won't sell Buffon.
The reason Parma sold Buffon, well, Parma was having a difficult situation on their financial ability so they had to sell their stars.
Do you think Juventus has the same situation as Parma several years ago when they sold Buffon?
At this situation, Do you see the reason AC Milan put Shevchenko on their transfer list? even if Chelsea offer some cash and Crespo, surely AC Milan won't sell one of their best striker in the world.
The same condition applied for Buffon case
What you said makes sense from the AC Milan point of view but not Juve's. Juve are widely known to cash in on their best players while they are still in their prime with the only exception being Del Piero.
IMO, now is the perfect time for Juve to sell Buffon to a cash-splashing team like Real M (with Cassilias going either to ManU or maybe even Juve), ManU, Chelski, or Barca (of all these teams, they are the one in immediate need of a good GK). If Juve are gonna cash in on Buffon, my guess would be it would happen either this summer or next summer at the latest as Buffon is still in his prime years for a GK - he aint a spring chicken but aint old too - and they can sell him for a small fortune to a non-budget-conscious club like those above.

Last edited by zlatanov; 15-03-2006 at 06:46.
Old 15-03-2006, 06:45   #18
Syn Shevaan

Fave Players: The Tsar of Milan, 7
Syn Shevaan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
no, that's where the referees are ... the scudettos are only the consequence of that
Buahahahaa, your post is an offense for Juventini, that for sure, LOL!!
Old 15-03-2006, 06:51   #19
Syn Shevaan

Fave Players: The Tsar of Milan, 7
Syn Shevaan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
What you said makes sense from the AC Milan point of view but not Juve's. Juve are widely known to cash in on their best players while they are still in their prime with the only exception being Del Piero.
IMO, now is the perfect time for Juve to sell Buffon to a cash-splashing team like Real M (with Cassilias going either to ManU or maybe even Juve), ManU, Chelski, or Barca (of all these teams, they are the one in immediate need of a good GK.
Well. after I read your post I must admit I forget one person, Zidane!!
He is the best midfielder when Juve sold him to Madrid, but Juve still sold him.
I must admit I forget the truth about Juve, the best club in this world when it concern about transfer. They know when to sell and when to sign.
So now is probably the best time for Juve to sell Buffon if only they find his replacement in the near future ( Frey or Abbiati? )
Thanks for remind me.
Old 15-03-2006, 08:15   #20
Vonim

Fave Players: Gullit, Savicevic, Weah, Kaka
Vonim is on a distinguished road
Juve sold Zidane and got Buffon+Thuram+Nedved with the money. Now if they sell Buffon to us for 30 Million+Abbiatti, then they will still have a classy keeper and plus they can get 25 years old Gerrard and some world class defender with our money.
If that's the case, then i will say NO to Buffon, allthough he is by far the best goalkeeper in the world !
The same thing happened with Roberto Baggio if i'm not wrong. They sold him to us when he was 28 and with the money they made fantastic team ( they bought Deschamps,Jugovic and few others) that won the CL right after Baggio left them.
Vonim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2006, 10:32   #21
mrki

Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Yes, I would rather spend 30mil for Gerrard. We already have Dida and Abiatti, no need for new goalkepers yet. We have other problems.
Old 15-03-2006, 12:24   #22
Acmir^

Fave Players: Maldini, Baresi, Pandev, Van Basten, Kaka
Acmir^ is on a distinguished road
Why would we give 30 mil for Buffon that's nonsense, when with that money we could reinforce the defense and even buy one midfielder, we have Dida and Abbiati they are great and if this happens it would be the worst transfer for Milan ever

Life ends when you stop Dreaming; Hope ends when you stop Believing; Love ends when you stop Caring; so Dream, Believe and Care. Life is really beautiful!
Acmir^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2006, 13:02   #23
Josh-Sheva

Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Sheva, Ron, Gila, Kaka, Lampard
Josh-Sheva is on a distinguished road
i dont think it would be the worst, but it would be bad... 30 mil! he is pretty old! like 30
Old 15-03-2006, 13:55   #24
Vonim

Fave Players: Gullit, Savicevic, Weah, Kaka
Vonim is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-Sheva
i dont think it would be the worst, but it would be bad... 30 mil! he is pretty old! like 30
No, he's 28, and 28-32 are the best years for a keeper.
Milan will definitely get very very much with Buffon, but i think we can get even more with those 30 million. Not to mention that the money will go in Juventus and they will certanly use them for top class reinforcement. They always did !
I love the idea about Buffon in Milan, but i'd hate Juve to get Gerrard and few others with these money.
I'd say : let him stay in Juve, but lets use the money to get 3 new players !
Vonim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:49   #25
totti_jonaid

Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta, Cassano, Buffon.
totti_jonaid is an unknown quantity at this point
Buffon to Milan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW this news sounds awesome I would love to have him at Milan at any price. His arrival will make one thing for sure Milan will never conced a goal. I do not know why many people think that at the age of 28 he is to old. I think he has a good 5 or 6 years of football left in him. I hope this transfer just happens.
totti_jonaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 09:29   #26
Arildonardo

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by totti_jonaid
Buffon to Milan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW this news sounds awesome I would love to have him at Milan at any price. His arrival will make one thing for sure Milan will never conced a goal. I do not know why many people think that at the age of 28 he is to old. I think he has a good 5 or 6 years of football left in him. I hope this transfer just happens.
Ok, Buffon is a great goalkeeper who I would love to see playing for Milan. But right now there are better ways to spend our money as we are more in need of strengthening other areas. I'm fine with Dida or even Abbiati if he returns.

This is real life and not Football Manager...
Arildonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2006, 06:23   #27
Graeme C

Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
alot of papers and websites are reporting Milan are going to go for Buffon. My italian isnt great, but i think it says something like Dida isnt penning a extension to his contract, Milan are considering giving Abbiati and cash to Juve in exchange for Buffon..... dont mind the idea of him playing, didnt his granddad play for Milan?
Graeme C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2006, 09:13   #28
zlatanov

I wouldn't mind, who would in fact, seeing Buffon come to Milan but only as long as the money we pay Juve isn't some excessive amount of the order of ~20 mil and above.
Also, I am a bit worried about that injured shoulder of his. I am not sure if he wasn't given a proper rest and his return was rushed by the Juve medical staff, but that injury reaccured just recently and even his appearance in the WC is in doubt ... at least that's the last news I remember reading on that.
Old 27-04-2006, 10:50   #29
Milan_Mad

Fave Players: Kaka, Maldini, Buffon, Klose!!
Milan_Mad is on a distinguished road
Such good news this i'd love buffon to come and join us let them have Abbiati + say 12mil: with Gallas and Buffon coming in it would make our defence much stronger.
Old 27-04-2006, 12:29   #30
mk18
BANNED!

Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
mk18 is on a distinguished road
id rather see come come once dida leaves, dida is still the worlds best keeper and he proved hes not done like everyone said against barca...

just needs his confidence back
mk18 is offline   Reply With Quote