Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 09:01   #31
zlatanov

Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8
hmm am i the only one that wants Ronaldo here?
at the right price, I wouldn't mind his coming to milan either. I am not worried about him being fat or whatever people call him as I am almost sure MilanLab would get him back in shape and then well reap the rewards.
One problem for me, however, is that Real seem to beasking for 20 mil for him and I think, given his age and him being miles away from the player he used to be and real are basically trying to rid themselves off of him, is just way too much.
Another issue, and for me the most important one is the San Siro pitch. It's sort of famous for being a difficult pitch to play on and one that is blamed for frequent injuries to players. If you go back in time, you will see that Ronaldo's knee problems coincided with his stay at Inter - i.e. playing regularly at the SS - and he was again injury free once he left. True, he has had knee issues even before he came to Inter, and even after he left, but never before his arrival in Italy, or after it, did he have such serious injuries that would keep him out for a whole year and almost put an end to his career.
I know the pitch has been improved in some way but not entirely and SS is still, I believe, seen as a tricky and difficult pitch to play on. So, my biggest fears regarding this transfer is that we'll pay a lot of money for Ronie and he will end up injuring himself just like when he was at Inter.
Apart from that, I would still prefer Tevez, Suazo, Trez, and even torres over him. But that doesn't mean that I would fall into deep depression ih he Ronaldo turned out to be the one we would go for, something i still think is just a smokescreen for our real target
Old 11-08-2006, 09:02   #32
Jim_UK

Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
The only reason we'd even consider Ronaldo would be if the people at Milan believe they can get him in shape.

But the price they are quoting, £11 million, is ludicrous. He's not worth that much. For that price we could buy Suazo who just scored over 20 league goals in Serie A and has many positives over Ronaldo.

If the price was halved it would be much better. Whatever happens Real & Capello will want to rip us off.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:03   #33
Rick

Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lked
I'm not against this transfer , i wouldn't mind Ronaldo in Milan in fact in past years it was my dream to see him wearing red/black .. but now his age is a problem , when you look on market and see players like tevez and torres who are under 23 years old you recognize that transfering them is much more better but in the same time much more harder ..
Actually Ronaldo is only seven days older than Sheva. He's not yet 30. So his age isn't really a problem. Personally, I would welcome him to Milan if he were to be purchased at a reasonable price. He's had some injury problems and that's affected his fitness, but that's something that can be rectified. If you watched Brazil in the World Cup, he was awful the first match, but he was actually pretty good after that. I think it's likely we'll see Ronaldo playing at a pretty high level again.

That said, I doubt there's really anything to these rumors. All I've seen is media reports from the same clowns that had Kaka moving to Real Madrid. And for that matter the same ones who have half of this forum in a panic because they think Milan "lost" Crespo and Ibrahimovic to Inter (even though Galliani himself said after the Red Star match that neither was a Milan target). But we'll see. Either we'll buy him or we won't. And if we do he will have my full support.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:19   #34
Nirvana FC

Fave Players: AC Milan
Nirvana FC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch
we may laugh at inter but their management did very good this summer

on the other hand, so far, we stink

WAKE UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Depends on what you consider "very good". They are strengthening the squad, but I think with wrong players.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:23   #35
Debs
Administrator

Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough
Hate Fat Ron....he did so little for Inter....

If these 2 rumors come true....
Old 11-08-2006, 09:32   #36
Nirvana FC

Fave Players: AC Milan
Nirvana FC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
If you watched Brazil in the World Cup, he was awful the first match, but he was actually pretty good after that. I think it's likely we'll see Ronaldo playing at a pretty high level again.
Your optimism is impressive, Rick. I think he is over. And since the end of 2002/2003 season.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:40   #37
Kui

Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Well after seeing how much money we were offering to get Ibra, I think we are in for a big signing. And I'm not talking about Ronaldo.
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Old 11-08-2006, 09:41   #38
Kui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs

Yeah and that was good for us that he didnt do much while at Inter. Still insulted by what you said Debs. LOL!
Where other go and come;

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Old 11-08-2006, 09:46   #39
Graeme C

Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
i have to agree with debs, replacing sheva with ronaldo would have be the worst transfer our club has ever made..... not the type of player we need.... alot of sources im reading say that Torres is still our number one target... just cant believe how tight our management at the moment....
Old 11-08-2006, 09:49   #40
Milan_Mad

Fave Players: Kaka, Maldini, Buffon, Klose!!
Milan_Mad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs

I thought he did well for Inter when not injured
Old 11-08-2006, 09:51   #41
Kui

maybe we are after the other Ronaldo? Not that I think he would help our team, but with the press being so inaccurate for like years now, we might be going after a different Ronaldo. Like... Ronaldo from Guyana or something.
Where other go and come;

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Old 11-08-2006, 10:41   #42
ZvonimirVukic

Fave Players: CAPTAIN MALDINI!!!! Shevchenko,Kaka,Ronaldo,Pandev
ZvonimirVukic is an unknown quantity at this point
Forza Ronaldo!
Old 11-08-2006, 10:43   #43
Billy1969
BANNED!

Fave Players: Van Basten, Savicevic, Boban, Gattuso, Maldini
Billy1969 is on a distinguished road
I had a dream last night :

I saw the management sitting in a press conference and Galliani stating, after the transfer market closed and our biggest transfer surprise is Ronaldo : "We're very competitive with our current team, no I assure you our defense is not too old and Milan lab will insure El Fenomeno can score all season! (while Gilardino wonders wtf the ball went this time)"

I also picture sitting next to him Ronaldo smiling, looking very fat, slow and dumb, holding a brand new XXL number 7 jersey, whispering through his teethhole "k dude, can we go now? You promised me to show me all night clubs in Milan when we're done here"

Then I woke up screaming.

Instead I want Gallas, Buffon, Oddo and Tevez.

Our management could have gotten Gallas (and Crespo for that matter) during the Sheva sale, they didn't then, so I don't expect him to come.

Buffon, if he moves from Juventus I bet it will be to Inter, and then I'll have to personaly go throw Braida in the river Po with a stone attached to his neck.

Oddo, nope we won't get him as Lotito asks more for him than Juve did for Cannavaro, we're not that desperate.

Tevez? I prefer him a long way over Ronaldo and over Torres even, but if he leaves he will go to England.

So who will we get? Fat Ronnie for a fat price, and Galliani will say "working as intended, don't you like your surprise?"

OMG, please wake me up now.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:44   #44
GilAttack [11]

Fave Players: Tevez Kaka Messi C.Ronaldo Gattuso
GilAttack [11] is on a distinguished road
With Berlusconi back, it wouldnt surprise me. Hopefully we wont sign him.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:49   #45
KingHenry®
BANNED!

Fave Players: Fabregas..
KingHenry® is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilAttack [11]
With Berlusconi back, it wouldnt surprise me. Hopefully we wont sign him.
we will sign him, i know thats a big suprise for us
Closed Thread