AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 15:50   #106
payne

Fave Players: VDV, Thiago Silva, Hazard, Rui Costa
payne is on a distinguished road
oh, its over now..................inter is back...........and how we are playing now, its like we are getting ready to come off of their throne, like we were just keeping it warm for them.
payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 15:59   #107
Nalx

Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
It's one hell of a match full of end-to-end stuffs. Julio Cesar showed some heroics in the 1st half with his 3 saves in a single move before J. Sergio saved Roma from further embarassment in the 2nd half.

Sneijder showed no rustiness whatsoever. He is the biggest difference between their attack and ours, pulling every kind of passing there is in the text book, while Eto'o often pulled wide and acted more like a SS while Pazzini (and later on Milito) acted as the spearpoint. The result is FIFTEEN shots on target.

More importantly, they managed to create a clear shot at the goal with six or less touches. Very much like in Mou's era. Their weakest point is without a doubt their defense. But so far their attack is more than making up for the mistakes their defense commit week in week out.

Whether it's enough to go far in UCL I highly doubt it. But in serie A, apart from the game against Udinese where the latter simply played their best game of the season, it might be enough to grind out positive results like what they've been doing lately.

We're not any more worried than we were said Allegri but based on their recent resurgence it's impossible not to feel the breath of the dragon on our back now. We need improvement and we need it now!

Last edited by Nalx; 06-02-2011 at 16:04.
Nalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 16:07   #108
Arildonardo

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Allegri says Milan doesn't feel the pressure of the chasing opponents. Well, they better start to feel it or else Inter will be several points ahead before Allegri can say Scudetto...

http://www.football-italia.net/feb06j.html
Arildonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 16:55   #109
Aficio

Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Pirlo will come back to play with Parma, Seedorf after long rest could do something, we still have 2 points to keep, let's see.
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 20:01   #110
Bosniaco

Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
Bosniaco is on a distinguished road
I will quote myself. Now that Inter is wining games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosniaco View Post
Like I said before, and I will say it again, we were not fantastic this season, its the other teams dropping points that really put us in the position we are in.
Old 06-02-2011, 23:14   #111
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
All of the comments here say it all...

I've said it was important to buy more than just 2 good strikers past summer. We need Fabio COentrao, and Ganso. They will help us link defense and offense. Tactics are important, and I fault Allegri for this, but also the fact we have some bad players in our starting 11 who wouldn't start on Bari, that's another big problem
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 23:30   #112
Xudong

Xudong is on a distinguished road
Actually, we had an awful summer transfer if we didn't count the two purchases of Ibrahimovic and Robinho that happened in the final day. I still remember the frustration after all it wasn't too long ago.

I agree that we still need more good players particularly in the midfield and fullbacks. As Elmago99 pointed out, we actually have some bad players which is really a big problem. We can't count on Bonera to start all games and pull off a surprise by playing a decent game once in a while. It saddens me to see that Oddo is now starting many games for Milan while his crosses are still beyond horrible. What's next? Janku renewing his contract and becomes our new starting LB? Why we bought Didac Vila but have no intention of using him (he was the only CL-eligible buy but eventually chosen not to be registered) upsets me, and I can't help but thinking it might be some quid pro quo for Raiola.

At least we still have 2 points leading over Inter, and I hope that we could have that in a month. It would be disastrous if Inter won the scudetto. I don't think anybody in Italy but Merda and their fans would be happy to see that.

Forza Milan.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:18   #113
kastriot

Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post

At least we still have 2 points leading over Inter, and I hope that we could have that in a month. It would be disastrous if Inter won the scudetto. I don't think anybody in Italy but Merda and their fans would be happy to see that.

Forza Milan.
I wouldn`t mind. If they win the scuddeto its because they really deserve it(which was not the case previous years) and really believed,They had terrible start of the season with Rafa, they were virtually -15 points or more. And it has come to this, possible -2 points. And its not the -2 that bothers me. We have lost that champion mentality. We used to be 9 points behind Inter and still feel superior to them, and now we are are running like a headless chicken because they are 5 points behind..and in all honesty we don`t believe we can win the scudetto now that Inter is playing well. Thats a loosers mentality.

The sad truth is that we believe that We don`t have a scudeto to win, Inter has one to lose.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:33   #114
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kastriot View Post
I wouldn`t mind. If they win the scuddeto its because they really deserve it(which was not the case previous years) and really believed,They had terrible start of the season with Rafa, they were virtually -15 points or more. And it has come to this, possible -2 points. And its not the -2 that bothers me. We have lost that champion mentality. We used to be 9 points behind Inter and still feel superior to them, and now we are are running like a headless chicken because they are 5 points behind..and in all honesty we don`t believe we can win the scudetto now that Inter is playing well. Thats a loosers mentality.

The sad truth is that we believe that We don`t have a scudeto to win, Inter has one to lose.
And we wouldn't deserve it by being 1st of this league for most of the season so far ?

We have lost our champions mentality ? Half of the team is missing (like Inter some weeks ago) ... When they'll come back, which is slowly happening, we'll be back to our level of November/December. And actually, we had an average start of season, and we have an average start of second part of season, we'll simply improve.

We are running like a headless chicken because they 5 5 points behind ? No way ... Simply because we have something looking like a new team since January and all the injuries !!

Then, when you say "we" in the "We don't belive we can win the ...", who do you include ? Same with your last sentece ... I don't think anybody in Milan thinks so, and all the fans don't think so, if we win, it will be because we were better in the championship than the others, I don't care what do Inter and others, if we're 1st, it will mean we will have been better than them !!

The current problem I see is that with Boateng and Seedorf out, Allegri always uses three of our strikers, and while Robinho is quite good as a trequartista, it maybe unbalances our team, we need to have our solid midfield again !!

PS: If some people think it's Inter who will lose the Scudetto this season and not others who will win it, it's simply because they won the league several times in a row, and like each country where it happens, people tend to think it's normal to see this team win the league ... It happened in France with Lyon and Bordeaux, when Bordeaux won, everyone claimed it was Lyon who lost the title and not Bordeaux who won it, but the year after, Lyon didn't win it again, and this season, they're unlikely to win it too !! So this "we don't win, it's this team who loses" doesn't make sense actually IMO. It's just something in the head of some people who took the habit to see a team win and as a consequence, when this team doesn't win, it's not because the others were better but because the usually winning team lost.

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members

Last edited by GeoTav; 07-02-2011 at 02:41.
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:18   #115
kastriot

Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
And we wouldn't deserve it by being 1st of this league for most of the season so far ?

We have lost our champions mentality ? Half of the team is missing (like Inter some weeks ago) ... When they'll come back, which is slowly happening, we'll be back to our level of November/December. And actually, we had an average start of season, and we have an average start of second part of season, we'll simply improve.

We are running like a headless chicken because they 5 5 points behind ? No way ... Simply because we have something looking like a new team since January and all the injuries !!

Then, when you say "we" in the "We don't belive we can win the ...", who do you include ? Same with your last sentece ... I don't think anybody in Milan thinks so, and all the fans don't think so, if we win, it will be because we were better in the championship than the others, I don't care what do Inter and others, if we're 1st, it will mean we will have been better than them !!

The current problem I see is that with Boateng and Seedorf out, Allegri always uses three of our strikers, and while Robinho is quite good as a trequartista, it maybe unbalances our team, we need to have our solid midfield again !!

PS: If some people think it's Inter who will lose the Scudetto this season and not others who will win it, it's simply because they won the league several times in a row, and like each country where it happens, people tend to think it's normal to see this team win the league ... It happened in France with Lyon and Bordeaux, when Bordeaux won, everyone claimed it was Lyon who lost the title and not Bordeaux who won it, but the year after, Lyon didn't win it again, and this season, they're unlikely to win it too !! So this "we don't win, it's this team who loses" doesn't make sense actually IMO. It's just something in the head of some people who took the habit to see a team win and as a consequence, when this team doesn't win, it's not because the others were better but because the usually winning team lost.
hahahah Geo, you misinterpreted my whole post. I`m with you on this one, I dedicated my post mostly to our members who jump to conclusions that we lost the scudetto, Inter is going to win this one because they are two points behind, Leo is better than Allegri (which he is ).

I dont have problem with out players and Coach. I am aware of all the circumstances, and I`m willing to give all the time in the world because I see that there is some plan,which was not the case previous years.

PS: I re-read my post, and did not make it clear enough to whom I dedicated it. I understand your post now. My bad

Last edited by kastriot; 07-02-2011 at 03:21.
kastriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:05   #116
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
A difficult result to digest given we needed a win in this game. There's a lot of panic about Inter catching up, but for now we need to focus on our own game and be aware as to the reasons for our recent struggles.

In this game, I felt more than anything we lacked intensity and played without structure. Defensively we were pretty solid, but on the whole the team failed to perform.

The first half was generally a comfortable game for us. We didn't play with much intensity, but we controlled the game and scored a good goal, as well as creating a few good chances (most were wasted). However, it was Genoa's lucky day as they got a very lucky deflection/bounce off of Van Bommel and scored. I think also the fact the goal came at the very end of the half was a big blow, as psychologically it's a huge blow.

The second half was much more disappointing. Our attack suffered as there was no development in our play. The midfield struggled to find any real dynamism and our game seemed lethargic and slow. The lack of creative forces meant our game descended into a combination of trying to get crosses from the right, or long balls from our defence. Given Genoa had completely packed out the defence and gave no space to our forwards, and Oddo's delivery was terrible, the game inevitably finished 1-1.

Our biggest problem was the lack of dynamic midfielders. Flamini, who had a good game against Lazio, was completely anonymous yesterday, especially telling given he was playing a key role. Robinho, whilst adding some movement and energy on the ball, doesn't dominate games and yesterday this was absoloutely necessary as we struggled to maintain pressure on Genoa.

There are a lot of questions over Allegri's decisions, and while they seem questionable, I would also say he's got fair reasons to play as he did. As already mentioned, Flamini was good against Lazio, earning his spot in midfield yesterday. The hope would be he would push forward from deep, but this was rarely the case and he contributed very little going forward. Also taking off Robinho seemed fair to me. As I said before the match, Robinho's played every game of late and it's going to catch up with him.

What I really want to see is us getting back Pirlo and Boateng. These two will add confidence to the side, but also some much needed quality in midfield. With guys like Boateng, Ibra and a fully fit Rino/Flamini playing together, we should get back some of the bite and intensity we've lost in recent weeks.

Players...

Abbiati - Little to do and couldn't do much about the goal.
Oddo - He's been praised a lot this season, but this game showcased how his lack of pace and energy hurts our team. Slowed down the game far too much and resorted to long ball tactics at the end. Abate's return will be greatly appreciated.
Thiago - Solid as ever
Yepes - Solid barring one mistake.
Bonera - Often slowed the game down by passing backwards and didn't convince me defensively. I honestly believe Antonini would have been better.
Rino - Played as destroyer and often a distributor, which isn't his best game. He wasn't bad, but not 100% match sharp.
Van Bommel - Much more cautious in the tackle, but a decent enough game. Needs to move across the pitch when Rino comes central and Flamini goes forward.
Flamini - Very little impact on the game, which didn't help our cause at all
Robinho - Offers movement and some creativity, but at times has poor decision making. His inability to dominate matches can work against us.
Pato - Pleased with his performance and goal, which was a step forward after last week's game. Needs to continue growing.
Ibra - Isn't always influencing the game as before, but he's had plenty of these performances this season where he had played a critical part and did something big in the game.
Cassano - Tried to offer energy and creativity at a time we had resorted to long ball.
Urby - NA

Time to move on and recover some key players.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:00   #117
Nalx

Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosniaco View Post

Like I said before, and I will say it again, we were not fantastic this season, its the other teams dropping points that really put us in the position we are in.

Respectfully disagree on this, mate. A chessmaster once said victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake. I think the same thing can be said on football. Every team, I repeat, EVERY team will make mistakes along the way. Why the heck should we even care if other teams dropping points? Is that our fault if Merda appointed Rafa in the first place? Are they gonna be held responsible too for our recent injuries after Dubai? Hell no!

Whoever wins the scudetto come next May it's because they make the most of themselves while at the same time commit the least mistake. In short, because they DESERVE that. The winner takes it all, mate, no excuse needed.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:13   #118
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalx View Post
Respectfully disagree on this, mate. A chessmaster once said victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake. I think the same thing can be said on football. Every team, I repeat, EVERY team will make mistakes along the way. Why the heck should we even care if other teams dropping points? Is that our fault if Merda appointed Rafa in the first place? Are they gonna be held responsible too for our recent injuries after Dubai? Hell no!

Whoever wins the scudetto come next May it's because they make the most of themselves while at the same time commit the least mistake. In short, because they DESERVE that. The winner takes it all, mate, no excuse needed.

Nalx I understand your point with the example of the chess-master. It's certainly true. I'll be happy to win the Scudetto even if it's won with many mistakes. However, I tend to lean toward Bosniaco's point of view. Some teams win the Scudetto dominating, winning close games 1-0, beating the lower level teams, and they generally look organized throughout the season. Our Milan seems disjointed and we have some BAD players who start almost regularly over the course of the season (Bonera, Seedorf, now Oddo).

As Kastriot has said though, at least we're rebuilding and even if we don't win the SCudetto this year (which would be upsetting to say the least), at least we're moving in the right direction. We are 2-3 transfers away from being a real contender on all fronts, but sometimes Allegri's decisions scare me. Is he the Champion Coach we need or does he not seem to settle all too often?
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:34   #119
mzk57

Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
It seems that the losing mentality in Serie-A since 2006 has still a real impact on the minds of fans here. I don't know why, but I am 100% sure Scudetto is of ACM this season. Pessimists can say what ever they want. I believe in AC Milan & Allegri.

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:22   #120
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
mzk, I agree. Yes we're struggling through this period, but Allegri has shown this season he's a good coach and we know we can achieve many good things. Let's not forget, despite our poor form we're still on top, and our destiny remains in our hands.

First and foremost, we need to find the mental resolve we had during the first half of the season.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote