AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

Old 03-05-2007, 22:18   #1
kumm

Fave Players: Donadoni, Van Basten, Weah, Gattuso, Kaká, Pirlo
kumm is on a distinguished road
Hail Gattuso!

I just want to praise Gattuso. Everybody says about Kaká, Seedorf, but we shall NEVER forget Gattuso. This guys represents Milan´s soul and spirit.
Hail Gattuso!!!
kumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 23:27   #2
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
he put in one of his best performances against manchester..what a lion
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:14   #3
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I liked this video of him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK0FgPttjuw

Gerrard insulted Rino quite badly in his autobiography. I hope Rino shuts him up on 23 May.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:51   #4
Ghost

Fave Players: Bergkamp, v.Basten, v.Persie
Ghost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983
I liked this video of him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK0FgPttjuw

Gerrard insulted Rino quite badly in his autobiography. I hope Rino shuts him up on 23 May.
I just checked what he had to say about Gattuso, im in shock.

I cant believe a player of Gerrards skill would go that low to say the stuff he has said.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:35   #5
abila

Fave Players: baresi,basten,maldini,sheva,pirlo,gattuso,kaka
abila is on a distinguished road
gattuso undoubtedly one of the greatest player in Milan.
His fighting spirit raised others... even me, who can only watch them on tv...
Hope he stays in milan as long as he can play...
go rino go...!!!!

Last edited by abila; 04-05-2007 at 09:39.
abila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:55   #6
King tiger

Fave Players: Paolo Maldini,Jaap Stam,Schevchenko
King tiger is on a distinguished road
and what did he said ?

that diving SOB
King tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 13:49   #7
Marino

Fave Players: Maradona, Batistuta, Romário, Baresi, Nesta.
Marino is on a distinguished road
Rino for the win
Marino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 14:08   #8
Stezagud

Fave Players: Keano (ret), Rooney, Maldini
Stezagud is on a distinguished road
Quote:
and what did he said ?
NOTE: If you are prone to sudden bouts of rage it is recommended you secure yourself in a padded room before reading the rest of this post

Steven Gerrard:

"I wasnt worried about Gattuso before the game, during the game, or after. People rate the Italian for some reason. For me, he is all mouth. He looks aggressive but he is as scary as a kitten.

I swear i wouldnt mind playing against Gattuso every week. He doesnt hurt you. I have never seen Gattuso play a killer ball. He wont nick a goal either. The type of midfielder i worry about is Riquelme, Kaka or Ronaldinho. They go pass, bang, goal. Gattuso just plays for the fans - theatrical and emotional. He was also the one Milan player who had a smirk on his face leaving the pitch at half time. I saw it. F**k you.

A couple of other Milan players waved at their fans and family. That disgusted me. So did Pirlo's nutmeg just before half time. Disrepectful. OK, Milan were battering us, but you never behave like that to opponents. I was steaming as I arrived in the dressing room. These ****s think its all over. Its not!"

I dont think Gerrard is looking for a move to Milan in the near future
Old 04-05-2007, 14:22   #9
Milan_Mad

Fave Players: Kaka, Maldini, Buffon, Klose!!
Milan_Mad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stezagud
NOTE: If you are prone to sudden bouts of rage it is recommended you secure yourself in a padded room before reading the rest of this post

Steven Gerrard:

"I wasnt worried about Gattuso before the game, during the game, or after. People rate the Italian for some reason. For me, he is all mouth. He looks aggressive but he is as scary as a kitten.

I swear i wouldnt mind playing against Gattuso every week. He doesnt hurt you. I have never seen Gattuso play a killer ball. He wont nick a goal either. The type of midfielder i worry about is Riquelme, Kaka or Ronaldinho. They go pass, bang, goal. Gattuso just plays for the fans - theatrical and emotional. He was also the one Milan player who had a smirk on his face leaving the pitch at half time. I saw it. F**k you.

A couple of other Milan players waved at their fans and family. That disgusted me. So did Pirlo's nutmeg just before half time. Disrepectful. OK, Milan were battering us, but you never behave like that to opponents. I was steaming as I arrived in the dressing room. These ****s think its all over. Its not!"

with pirlo, seedorf, gattuso, kaka around we dont really need him
Old 04-05-2007, 14:47   #10
King tiger

Fave Players: Paolo Maldini,Jaap Stam,Schevchenko
King tiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stezagud

Steven Gerrard:

Oh God ( of course if there is God) please, let us win the CL final, i wanna see his face after we win the trophy.

" These ****s think its all over. Its not!""

look at that part .

and thats not theatrical.

yeah right.

moron.

Last edited by ACMILAN1983; 04-05-2007 at 15:18. Reason: though there's swearing in the quotes, please avoid it yourself
King tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 15:09   #11
BigHouse90

Fave Players: Kaka
BigHouse90 is on a distinguished road
Rino's a guy you'd want to be your teamate. He's by far the heart and soul and can really pump up a team, and their fans.
BigHouse90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:24   #12
Jim_UK

Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I am no doubt going to get various vitriolic statments aimed at me after this, but i see little wrong in what Gerrard has said here.

After seeing his team comprehensibly outplayed in the first half, is it any wonder he was feeling angry? No, of course not. If it had been the other way around do you think Gattuso would be calm and polite? If you do you need your head examined.

You want a reason why Liverpool found a way back into the final? Well there's your answer, Gattuso smirking at half-time as if the game was already won, players waving towards their families and no doubt a few others who felt the game was in the bag. We've all seen in recent weeks our team's arrogance when a few goals ahead, in several recent league games we've been the victim of our own over confidence.

As for Gerrard's comments on Gattuso's style, i don't think anything he's said is that far off the mark. We all know Gattuso won't hurt the opponents in an attacking sense and he is an emotional player who thrives on the fans involvement. Plus Gattuso himself is no stranger to running his mouth off at times.

So they don't really like each other, so what. I'm sure both of them will be chomping at the bit and be eager to not make the same mistakes as they both made in the first final, i.e. Gerrard not seeing his side battered and Gattuso not being cocky and thinking the game is safe when it's not.

Dev i don't see what Gattuso has achieved domestically as something 'which quite frankly, is far more than Gerrard probably ever will'
They're both quite similar in this respect. Nationally however, Gattuso's world cup win will always take center stage, but domestically they're no different.

Last edited by Jim_UK; 05-05-2007 at 09:32.
Jim_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:12   #13
Jeff

Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK

You want a reason why Liverpool found a way back into the final? Well there's your answer, Gattuso smirking at half-time as if the game was already won, players waving towards their families and no doubt a few others who felt the game was in the bag.
As for Gerrard's comments on Gattuso's style, i don't think anything he's said is that far off the mark...
It's a matter of trusting who said is true. You trust that Gerrard said Gattuso smirking, while I trust that Gattuso did not (he denied that).

Well, it depends on how you see it. Any player 3-0 down in first half will think that the other team is smirking at them. So both may not be wrong.

Of course, Gerrard can say whatever he wants, that's not my problem. He can say a lot of things about Milan players and make a big fuss about himself. I don't care either.

But, I would have been very upset if Maldini wrote an autobiography and said, "Bobo Vieri is of no one's fear". Just a thought.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 15:50   #14
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK
Dev i don't see what Gattuso has achieved domestically as something 'which quite frankly, is far more than Gerrard probably ever will'
They're both quite similar in this respect. Nationally however, Gattuso's world cup win will always take center stage, but domestically they're no different.
I think there's quite a big difference. At club level, in the past 5 years since they became prominent leaders in their sides, Gattuso can claim Serie A, CL, Coppa Italia, Italian Super Cup and European Super cup. Gerrard can claim a CL title, the FA cup and maybe (I forget if they won it) a Euro Super Cup. At the International stage Rino's won the World Cup, obviously Gerrard hasn't.

Also, in the period that the two players have been at their respective clubs, Milan have almost always been a dominant force in Serie A (at least pushing for the title), whilst Liverpool have struggled to do better than getting CL spots in the Premiership. Milan on a continental level have also been more successful than Liverpool.

Individually, neither can claim to have won awards (though I don't actually respect these at all) and both are considered amongst the best in their roles. So in that respect, yes they're probably about the same, but I still think Rino's career has been a far bit greater than Gerrard's.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 04:34   #15
Jim_UK

Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983
I think there's quite a big difference. At club level Gattuso can claim Serie A, CL, Coppa Italia, Italian Super Cup and European Super cup ... Milan on a continental level have also been more successful than Liverpool.
Completely disagree. Like i said before, Internationally Gattuso will always have the upper hand in winning the World Cup. Domestically however i will reiterate that they are both similar with hardly any difference as Gerrard has won 1 CL, 1 Uefa Cup, 2 European Super Cups, 2 FA Cups, 2 League Cups and 2 Charity Shields (English version of Italian Super cup). This also suggests that Milan have not been more successful on a continental level as neither side have won the Club Championship/Intercontinental cup in their recent attempts. Naturally Milan have the most impressive CL stats around right now, but it terms of European titles won over the last few years, then i'm sorry but Liverpool win that as they have 4 European titles to Milan's 2.

Quote:
Individually, neither can claim to have won awards (though I don't actually respect these at all) and both are considered amongst the best in their roles. So in that respect, yes they're probably about the same, but I still think Rino's career has been a far bit greater than Gerrard's.
I couldn't find out much about Gattuso's domestic awards/achievements, i'm sure someone will fill me in on them later. Gerrard has won some awards/achievements though, he was PFA player of the year last season (the same award everyone is lauding Ronaldo for winning), was voted the CL's most valuable player in 04-05, was PFA young player of the year (again the one Ronaldo is being praised for) in 2001, is his club's all time leading European goal scorer and is the only player ever to score in the UEFA cup, FA Cup, English League Cup and the Champions League finals.

While it's obvious Gattuso's game is not about goal scoring and it would be almost impossible for him to become Milan's leading goalscorer, i include these 'stats' if you like, to show that Gerrard is a great player.

I find it funny to think that members here say Gerrard has a 'big mouth' when it's something Gattuso has done for years. They are the same. It's like all of a sudden Gattuso has never said/done anything bad/controversial about anyone before, give me a break!

As for you Rayno, i'm sure you must have had just as good a view of the Milan players as Gerrard did because you 'saw' everything on tv/from the crowd and all Gerrard could see was what was happening in front of him on the pitch. Yeah, that's really the same

The whole point of this isn't about who's a better player, it's about them both being as bad as each other in running their mouth off and both having similar domestic careers.