AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

Old 03-02-2011, 13:20   #1
Hasan Rossonero

Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Genoa vs Milan (6/2/11)

Right, after more than six years on the forum, I figured it was time to open a match thread.

Time: 9AM EST (3pm local time)

Given Inter's resurgence and the fact that they're playing Roma the same day, we have to get three points from this encounter.
Genoa are only six points away from the relegation zone. These are the games we have to be winning.

The reverse fixture ended 1-0 after Ibrahimovic's brilliantly lobbed goal.

Starters, injury, and suspension:

We should see the return of Gennaro Gattuso and Clarence Seedorf. Mark van Bommel also returns after serving his one-match ban for his red against Catania.

We have lost Massimo Ambrosini for two months (official).

Andrea Pirlo should feature soon, but against Parma next week.

Given that some of our midfielders are back, Thiago Silva should form a CD partnership with Mario Yepes.

We should also see Cassano-Ibra-Binho start, given how poorly Pato played against Lazio.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 14:09   #2
Xudong

Xudong is on a distinguished road
every game is going to be tough nowadays.
Old 03-02-2011, 15:16   #3
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Pato should start this game and we should win it, Genoa are not very good this season despite all their transfers ... and lately, they've been in a poor form !!

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 15:33   #4
Xudong

Xudong is on a distinguished road
Inter has got 6 points from the past two games thanks to goals scored by their new players. Looks like they had a more successful winter mercato.
Old 03-02-2011, 15:41   #5
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
Inter has got 6 points from the past two games thanks to goals scored by their new players. Looks like they had a more successful winter mercato.
Just easier games ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 15:45   #6
OCmilano

Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
Watched the inter game. These asssholesss didnt deserve to win. Chivu should of 100000% gotten a red card.

Bari was doing well against them I was sooo sure it would be a 0-0 game then magic goal by the morrocan came. And then when they tried for the draw they gave 2 more goals away. The scoreline doesnt show what Bari desereved.
Old 03-02-2011, 15:54   #7
El Fre

Fave Players: Zorro, KK, Maldini, Weah
El Fre is on a distinguished road
So, who will play the midfield?

Gattuso-VanBommel-Seedorf?
It looks terrible to me. Way too slow. Is Flamini ok? Can he play?
El Fre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 16:19   #8
Nalx

Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCmilano View Post
Watched the inter game. These asssholesss didnt deserve to win. Chivu should of 100000% gotten a red card.

Bari was doing well against them I was sooo sure it would be a 0-0 game then magic goal by the morrocan came. And then when they tried for the draw they gave 2 more goals away. The scoreline doesnt show what Bari desereved.
And Maicon's handball should've been punished with penalty too. I doubt that Chivu will receive lenghty ban. Zarate was trying to punch an opponent and his fist accidentally hit the official. After appeal his ban was reduced to two games only. Last night Juve was denied a blatant penalty too. The referees and disciplinary commitee have been a joke of late.

Anyway Pirlo has already trained with the team. Let's hope he can get some minutes playing from the bench. I prefer him playing as a treq to Robinho or Cassano since it's a more natural place for him than the other two.

Last edited by Nalx; 03-02-2011 at 16:24.
Nalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:17   #9
LebRN

Fave Players: Nesta, Pato, Thiago Silva, Flamini
LebRN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Pato should start this game and we should win it, Genoa are not very good this season despite all their transfers... and lately, they've been in a poor form !!
i would say because of all their transfers....what they r doing on every single transfer market is absolutely ridiculous. I mean we certainly did a lot in the last 2 windows but that was after like 100 yrs of drought.
They are doing this in every window...it would take a miracle to build a functioning team with so many changing players.

And speaking of that, i think it is worth mentioing that Allegri has probably done just that. In our last couple of games, we've been playing Yepes, Legro, Van Bommel, Merkel, Urby, Binho, Ibra, Cassano, Thiago in midfield, even Oddo & Janku after being out so long, and Flamini for that matter.... which for any bad performing team can be used as an excuse of a "new" team that needs time, but we are still getting results and that is excellent.

Regarding the Inter game yesterday, yes they are the scum of the earth and did not even deserve winning let alone a 3-0 scoreline. Chivu should have been sent off at 0-0 and that was a penalty. Just like that penalty for Juve as well.

The referees have been horrible indeed with what Kozak managed to get away with as well and on the other hand sending off Van Bommel for that foul. Disgusting stuff.

Anyway, like Geo, I also hope for Pato to start and hope for more psychological support from Ibra.
LebRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:15   #10
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I agree with Geo, hopefully we'll see Pato get the start as I think this is a good game to play him. It also gives Cassano the chance to focus on getting fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Fre View Post
So, who will play the midfield?

Gattuso-VanBommel-Seedorf?
It looks terrible to me. Way too slow. Is Flamini ok? Can he play?
Flamini should be fit to start and will probably play. He was decent against Lazio.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:25   #11
fLame

Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Seedorf, Pirlo
fLame is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LebRN View Post
Regarding the Inter game yesterday, yes they are the scum of the earth and did not even deserve winning let alone a 3-0 scoreline.

1. Chivu should have been sent off at 0-0 and that was a penalty. Just like that penalty for Juve as well.

2. The referees have been horrible indeed with what Kozak managed to get away

3. with as well and on the other hand sending off Van Bommel for that foul. Disgusting stuff.
absolutely spot on mate
Old 04-02-2011, 06:37   #12
Hasan Rossonero

Personally, I like Pato as a player, but if he is as diffident as he was against Lazio, then I don't want him to start. I can understand being intimidated by Ibra's presence, but we can't build a team around a player who is not a matchwinner. I'd prefer Cassano-Robinho-Ibra.

Pato flourished against Sampdoria because Ibra wasn't there. We have to play with a trio that works, especially given the far from assured position in which we are (Inter could close the gap to 4 points).

@flame and Lebrn

I didn't watch the Inter game, but from what I hear the referee didn't see the Chivu incident. Is that correct? If so, then we can't really blame the referee too much (hopefully Chivu gets a lengthy ban). I heard Maicon's handball was actually seen by the referee...

Last edited by Hasan Rossonero; 04-02-2011 at 06:48.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:36   #13
LebRN

Fave Players: Nesta, Pato, Thiago Silva, Flamini
LebRN is on a distinguished road
right Hasan, or i hope you r right because if he had seen that and not taken action, then that ref would be banned for life.

On Maicon's penalty, he was not straight facing him but he must have seen it because there was nobody around to block the view.

On the Ibra/Pato thing, as u said, Pato did very well against samp without Ibra around, so maybe it would be something to consider a Pato-Binho-Cassano for once. Not saying to drop Ibra surely not, but this and the Ibra-Pato-Cassano have not been tried yet to judge which works better.
LebRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:00   #14
Hasan Rossonero

Thanks for the infor Lebrn.

Chivu got a four-match ban for his actions.

I agree with trying out the trio more, but Allegri is in a tough position because if things don't work out, he'd be excoriated for leaving Ibra out. Plus, we don't have the luxury of a sizable lead over Inter to try things out.

Given all of this, I still think Pato will start ahead of Cassano on Sunday.

Last edited by Hasan Rossonero; 04-02-2011 at 08:18.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:02   #15
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero View Post
Personally, I like Pato as a player, but if he is as diffident as he was against Lazio, then I don't want him to start. I can understand being intimidated by Ibra's presence, but we can't build a team around a player who is not a matchwinner. I'd prefer Cassano-Robinho-Ibra.

Pato flourished against Sampdoria because Ibra wasn't there. We have to play with a trio that works, especially given the far from assured position in which we are (Inter could close the gap to 4 points).

@flame and Lebrn

I didn't watch the Inter game, but from what I hear the referee didn't see the Chivu incident. Is that correct? If so, then we can't really blame the referee too much (hopefully Chivu gets a lengthy ban). I heard Maicon's handball was actually seen by the referee...
I think Pato starting will not mean that we will suffer. Ibra and Pato have played together this season and most of the time one or both of them have scored.

Truth is, I'd consider resting Robinho in this match, as all three of Cassano, Ibra and Pato have been benched lately, while Binho has played every match (and 90 minutes pretty much every time).

Cassano, as a player has the abilities to play as a trequartista, but my biggest worry with him would be he doesn't track back as well as Robinho. The other option is Merkel or even Seedorf if ready (not the popular choice). Still, we've seen glimpses of Cassano-Pato-Ibra trio and against Udinese it worked really well. Cassano's movement off the ball is a lot like Binho, so we shouldn't need to change the system too much
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote