AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

Old 12-12-2010, 10:55   #61
OCmilano

Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
Just watched the replay of the game. We won a game we should have.
Happy about the scoreline the most, happy that the new signings are scoring stilll.

Not happy about Bonera playing over Papa.

Now a nice draw between juve and lazio and my weekend is good.

Forza R70 .. Love ya buddy.

PS Thank you R80 for everyhting you did for us last year, we will miss you
Old 12-12-2010, 11:02   #62
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Missed the game today due to other commitments. If anyone has the game for download (or a link), I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 14:10   #63
Siregar

Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCmilano View Post
Just watched the replay of the game. We won a game we should have.
Happy about the scoreline the most, happy that the new signings are scoring stilll.

Not happy about Bonera playing over Papa.

Now a nice draw between juve and lazio and my weekend is good.

Forza R70 .. Love ya buddy.

PS Thank you R80 for everyhting you did for us last year, we will miss you
Why aren't you happy (the bold part)? Sokratis can't be starter just like that (without competition). Bonera proved in that game that the coach was right to choose him. He had a good game. I am satisfied for his performance.
Old 12-12-2010, 15:22   #64
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
I think this team has performed almost as good as Milan 2004/2005 so far up till mid-season. Infact, let me try to dig up stats and find the numbers and compare this season to our best season from 2000-2010 (probably best season since Capello era).

The formation for CL reigning Champions of that year was:
Dida; Cafu, Nesta, Stam, Maldini (Serginho); Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kaka (Rui Costa); Shevchenko, Inzaghi (Tomasson)

By the christmas break:
Milan 2003/04 had 9 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss.

We ended the season with 25 wins 7 draws 2 losses with 82 points (but we only played 34 games as there were only 18 teams). We scored 65 goals and conceded 24.

Longest winning run 7
Longest run without loss 19
Longest run without win 2
Clean sheets 15

During the entire season, Milan has not scored more than 1 goal at half time except for the last game of the season where the game was already wrapped up!.. thats the craziest stat I've ever seen.

It also must be noted that we were quite solid during the first half of the season, until January 6 2004 where we played Roma at the Olimpico and Shevchenko scored a double. After that game, Milan truly became the team to watch in Europe.

Now we compare with Allegri's Milan:

Abbiati; Abate (Zambrotta), Nesta, Silva, Antonini; Gattuso (Flamini), Ambrosini, Pirlo (Seedorf), Boateng; Ibrahimovic (Pato), Robinho (R80)

It must be also said that Allegri does not have as much experience as Ancelotti did at that time, and it's his first year with the squad. Ancelotti had won the CL with Milan the previous year. Also Allegri has done alot of tinkering of formations since he took over till he found the right balance.

Milan 2010/2010: 11 wins 3 draws 2 losses, scored 29 conceded 12 so far. In the last 7 or 8 games I believe, since we found our balance, we only conceded 1 goal to Sampdoria from a setpiece. The 11 goals have all been conceded before that due to one reason or another.

Milan of 2003 failed to win 4 games out of 13 by Christmas break, whilst Milan of 2010 failed to win 5 games out of 16 (and still have one more game against Roma). Milan has 7 clean sheets so far in Serie A (plus 2 in CL).

Conclusion:

Allegri is doing awesome for what he has so far. His team is worse than Carlo's of 2004 and the players are older. His stats are about the same as Carlo's at the same time. Hopefully if Allegri gets a fullback and an AM maybe we could witness a new great era.

Last edited by hitmannq8; 12-12-2010 at 15:29.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 15:54   #65
shegs

Fave Players: Shevchenko, Ronaldo and Bergkamp.
shegs is on a distinguished road
No disrespect to him, but until Milan's starting midfield doesn't have Boateng on it, I don't see us being great again. He's got potential no doubt but he's not good enough to be commanding a starting shirt at Milan... yet.
Old 12-12-2010, 16:42   #66
Xudong

Xudong is on a distinguished road
I don't understand either why people weren't happy with Bonera, particurly from a retrospective way. He did play well today, actually, very well. Sokratis has proven to be inexperienced and way too reckless and cost us points. I might have preferred Yepes to Bonera but not Sokratis.

I think it is fair to give credit whenever they deserve it.
Old 12-12-2010, 17:15   #67
Aficio

Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
I don't understand either why people weren't happy with Bonera, particurly from a retrospective way. He did play well today, actually, very well. Sokratis has proven to be inexperienced and way too reckless and cost us points. I might have preferred Yepes to Bonera but not Sokratis.

I think it is fair to give credit whenever they deserve it.

I agree. Bonera & Strasser are good news, we need more than just 11 players.
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 17:34   #68
Siregar

So, what do you guys think about Strasser's performance?
Old 12-12-2010, 18:56   #69
mihan

mihan is on a distinguished road
Strasser was doing fine in defense, tried to connect play on the right flank, needs to improve his passes as his last two passes both failed.
mihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 22:35   #70
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
I think this team has performed almost as good as Milan 2004/2005 so far up till mid-season. Infact, let me try to dig up stats and find the numbers and compare this season to our best season from 2000-2010 (probably best season since Capello era).

The formation for CL reigning Champions of that year was:
Dida; Cafu, Nesta, Stam, Maldini (Serginho); Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kaka (Rui Costa); Shevchenko, Inzaghi (Tomasson)

By the christmas break:
Milan 2003/04 had 9 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss.

We ended the season with 25 wins 7 draws 2 losses with 82 points (but we only played 34 games as there were only 18 teams). We scored 65 goals and conceded 24.

Longest winning run 7
Longest run without loss 19
Longest run without win 2
Clean sheets 15

During the entire season, Milan has not scored more than 1 goal at half time except for the last game of the season where the game was already wrapped up!.. thats the craziest stat I've ever seen.

It also must be noted that we were quite solid during the first half of the season, until January 6 2004 where we played Roma at the Olimpico and Shevchenko scored a double. After that game, Milan truly became the team to watch in Europe.

Now we compare with Allegri's Milan:

Abbiati; Abate (Zambrotta), Nesta, Silva, Antonini; Gattuso (Flamini), Ambrosini, Pirlo (Seedorf), Boateng; Ibrahimovic (Pato), Robinho (R80)

It must be also said that Allegri does not have as much experience as Ancelotti did at that time, and it's his first year with the squad. Ancelotti had won the CL with Milan the previous year. Also Allegri has done alot of tinkering of formations since he took over till he found the right balance.

Milan 2010/2010: 11 wins 3 draws 2 losses, scored 29 conceded 12 so far. In the last 7 or 8 games I believe, since we found our balance, we only conceded 1 goal to Sampdoria from a setpiece. The 11 goals have all been conceded before that due to one reason or another.

Milan of 2003 failed to win 4 games out of 13 by Christmas break, whilst Milan of 2010 failed to win 5 games out of 16 (and still have one more game against Roma). Milan has 7 clean sheets so far in Serie A (plus 2 in CL).

Conclusion:

Allegri is doing awesome for what he has so far. His team is worse than Carlo's of 2004 and the players are older. His stats are about the same as Carlo's at the same time. Hopefully if Allegri gets a fullback and an AM maybe we could witness a new great era.
Thanks for this Hitman, it was very good. You should re-post this in the Mercato section as well...

However, I don't know about an "awesome" job of Allegri. I don't want to be too hard on him, but the first 6 weeks of the season I thought he sucked, and wanted him out, and now I feel he has improved. I still don't like things he does sometimes, but we're doing well, so I can't complain too much.

While he has way better players than Leonardo did, he doesn't have anywhere near the players we had in 04. That was a complete squad. We must look for 3-4 more players, because I think we're so close to building a team for the Decade!!!!
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2010, 04:48   #71
Siregar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
Missed the game today due to other commitments. If anyone has the game for download (or a link), I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Direct link but need to wait a bit to download the files.

Last edited by Siregar; 13-12-2010 at 04:54.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2010, 07:10   #72
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
thanks, I actually used the site which was given after the Brescia match, so will watch it one way or another.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2010, 08:09   #73
Jeff

Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post

Thanks! How long does it take to get the second file (after finishing downloading the first?)
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2010, 10:46   #74
idowu

idowu is on a distinguished road
it's a great win for the russoneri, i think ibra's presence in milan is a huge success
idowu is offline   Reply With Quote