AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

Old 04-02-2011, 13:50   #16
Aficio

Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Chivu deserves his 4 matches ban, but Inter will play a better LB, Nagamoto, so it could be a good news for them.

Let's kill this match.
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 15:32   #17
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
My Lineup:

-----------------Ibrahimovic---------Pato-------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------Robinho-------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------
-------Emmanuelson----------------------Flamini-----------
----------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------Van Bommel------------------------
Vila------------------------------------------------------Oddo
-----------------------Yepes-------T. Silva--------------------
-----------------------------Abbati----------------------------

Subs:
Cassano for 1/3 Forwards
Merkel for Emmanuelson OR Forward
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 17:00   #18
abbeyleemaniac

abbeyleemaniac is on a distinguished road
i'd play Merkel when we missing Boateng in midfield, just because he could be the link our midfield-attack lacked since Boateng injured...

This is why i'd bench both Cassano and Pato if possible...

ibra- behind him with more freedom Robinho
behind them Merkel
with strong midfield.
Antonini did well in the last game, there is no need to seek an adventure with Vila...

Abate still injured...

i read on GDS today that Merkel starts in first Xl.
abbeyleemaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 17:26   #19
Elmago99

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbeyleemaniac View Post
i'd play Merkel when we missing Boateng in midfield, just because he could be the link our midfield-attack lacked since Boateng injured...

This is why i'd bench both Cassano and Pato if possible...

ibra- behind him with more freedom Robinho
behind them Merkel
with strong midfield.
Antonini did well in the last game, there is no need to seek an adventure with Vila...

Abate still injured...

i read on GDS today that Merkel starts in first Xl.
What adventure? We bought him because our LB is not good enough... What's the point of not playing him. If not this game then soon hopefully...the reason why we bought him is because our LB is not up to par...
Old 05-02-2011, 04:47   #20
mihan

mihan is on a distinguished road
Vila might be talented, but the fact he's excluded from CL list, knowing most of our new aquisitions disqualify and Janku made it, says he's not ready to play with this team. Pato and Thiago trained half seasons turned out great. Even a good player, esp. young, will take some time to play in a tactic, some takes a minute, some takes long.
mihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:51   #21
karimo

karimo is on a distinguished road
i think that vila should start this game cauz i dont think that he will be worser than antonini.
karimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:54   #22
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by karimo View Post
i think that vila should start this game cauz i dont think that he will be worser than antonini.
Antonini's struggled a lot this year, but he's improved a lot in the last few games (barring Cesena I think). For now, unless Vila's ready to enter the team and be better, Antonini should start imo.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:23   #23
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Allegri said that it was either Vila or Zambrotta and Inzaghi in the CL list ... And like he played only 12 games with Espanyol, it was better to choose the other ones.

There the press conference:

About the teams who played Wednesday: "The championship is still long and we still need a lot of wins, and so we need to keep the balance we have found until now. Inter, Roma and Napoli are in the race. We musn't think about the others, only about us because our points are not enough to win the Scudetto.

About Pato: He lives well this moment, we have the CL and Cassano can't play in this competition. Substitutions are chosen more or less because of injuries (for example against Lazio). There is no Pato case, he's a young player, he has to be serene. He didn't play that much and however, he scored so much, he must focus again on the game, something you lose a little when you're out for a long time.

About Kaladze: Kalaze needed to play, and my choice for our two starters was Nesta and Thiago. With him, I was honnest and now, he does well. I'ù happy that he does well and I need to recall he was in Milan for 11 years. I always made my choices for the good of Milan, I'm very serene with what I did, what I do and what I will do.

About Pato as a first striker: With time, he will integrate (speaking about the association with Ibra). Everyone must improve, it's the same for a 21 yo player. His main quality is to score goals and so he'll always have to improve.

About Merkel: He hasn't played a lot, but I'm satisfied, especially for the game in Catania. He has qualities and he's smart, it's why I made him play.

About Pirlo: Pirlo has been in the group for 2 days and against Parma, he will be available and will even be able to play.

About Van Bommel: I talked to him, I told him that in Italy, it's different comparent to where he played before, even if this season, the referees whistle less compared to the years before. I made him understand that however, here in Italy, it's different. And about Flamini, he improved a lot, he does less fouls, he understood he had to improve some things and he did it.

About the come back of Inter: The problem isn't Inter because they come back, as all teams do. We must think about ourselves and like we have our destiny in our hands/feet , if we manage to have a good run, like I'm sure we will, Inter will have to do stratospherical things. Anyway, nobody thought Inter wouldn't compete for the Scudetto.

About the referees: When a referee whistles, he thinks he's right. At the end of the championship, the decisions against or pro will be balanced. They are human beings, it's not easy, they can also struggle given they only have one fraction of a second to decide.

About Vila not inserted in the list: Didac played only 12 games with Espanyol and putting him in the list wasn't something I considered, because I had to put Zambrotta and Inzaghi off.

About the good and bad things of this Milan: I was pleased with the way the team understood the game against Catania, and more especially the team manages to understand what is asked to them, given in the last month, we don't have play wit hthe same midfield twice in a row. Nevertheless, we must improve on other situations and having another behaviour sometimes.

Sorry for the potential mistakes in the translation, I translated from Italian to English, not always easy as they are both foreign languages for me !!

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:26   #24
GeoTav

It seems Pato receives some support from Milan nowadays: Allegri stated Pato will be like a new player in the team (because he was out for a long time), and Cassano stated that he is a future champion.

Also, it seems there are doubts about Merkel or Flamini starting tomorrow (Allegri would like to rest Flamini as he played 90 minutes directly for his come back against Lazio) ...
It also seems Allegri will choose Ibra-Cassano, supported by Binho, and that Pato will come in during the game, and maybe Seedorf too.

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
Old 05-02-2011, 08:36   #25
Elmago99

I like Allegri's interviews a lot. It's important to speak the truth, but also not to give away too much. Always protect your players and build them up. I like how he speaks of Serenity and calmness. Very important over the long haul. L

I like how he said there's no issues with Pato. Reminds me of Galliani and how he and Berlusca said Ronaldinho was a champion right up until the day we sold him Then we said we were so sad at his leaving we had to buy Cassano very funny!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:48   #26
ganjarb

Fave Players: Rijkaard
ganjarb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Sorry for the potential mistakes in the translation, I translated from Italian to English, not always easy as they are both foreign languages for me !!
Nice job, GeoTav. Thanks for the effort. How many languages do you speak?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:11   #27
GeoTav

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganjarb View Post
Nice job, GeoTav. Thanks for the effort. How many languages do you speak?
I speak French and English ...
I understand the written Italian and may understand the spoken Italian (it depends) but I'm not able to speak it, I never learned.

I learned German during my scolarship but except "Hallo", I don't remember anything !!

When I'll have time, I'll try to learn Italian for real (to be able to speak it), and why not Spanish too ...

So nothing exceptionnal, more especially compared to the people from Belgium (20 minutes away from my home) who can speak the language from Netherlands, English, French and German.

It's actually just some luck: Milan is an Italian club, so you need to read the Italian websites to follow the club more easily, which I can understand, and we're on an international forum using English as main language, which I can write !!

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
Old 05-02-2011, 10:12   #28
Xudong

Xudong is on a distinguished road
I remember trying to learn some Italian about ten years ago, and gave up after maybe 30 minutes.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:26   #29
GeoTav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
I remember trying to learn some Italian about ten years ago, and gave up after maybe 30 minutes.
E piu facile di apprendere l'italiano venando di francia e con origini italiani ... I did my best, there are probably mistakes in this short sentence !! Ahah

To avoid being off topic, the coach of Genoa said they won't defend as Lazio did, they will try to play as they know and attack by being aggressive ...

That's one more thing leading me to this conclusion: we're going to win.

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
Old 05-02-2011, 10:26   #30
Aficio

Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
I think we should have a topic/box about using Italian
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote