Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 18:40   #1
jorgejesus

Fave Players: Kaka, Corluka, Pirlo, Nesta, Tevez, Messi, Gerrard
jorgejesus is on a distinguished road
traigan sangre nueva

no me convence el platel para esta temporada...deben de traer jugadores mas jovenes y con mejor calidad
Old 08-08-2008, 22:15   #2
SANT

Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
igual y tienes razon, igual no, pero de entrada habia que leer las reglas del foro y ver que posteamos en ingles... a menos que quieras usar el tema de Milanistas Hispanos y ahi si hablar en espaņol...

Bienvenido.
Old 08-08-2008, 22:30   #3
Bosniaco

Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
Bosniaco is on a distinguished road
Yea you tell him SANT !!!
Old 09-08-2008, 00:58   #4
SANT

sorry, just saying we must post in English unless we do it in the International Section in the corresponding language...
Old 10-08-2008, 05:16   #5
Koeke

Fave Players: Maldini Rino Nesta Kaka
Koeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANT View Post
igual y tienes razon, igual no, pero de entrada habia que leer las reglas del foro y ver que posteamos en ingles... a menos que quieras usar el tema de Milanistas Hispanos y ahi si hablar en espaņol...

Bienvenido.
It's freaky but I just read this and according to your English explanation I completely understood what you were saying...
anyone have the number of Scully or Mulder
Old 11-08-2008, 01:30   #6
kris
Jedi Master

Fave Players: Past, present and future Milan players
kris is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Bienvenido.
Do you need to know spanish to survive in California?
Old 11-08-2008, 02:07   #7
SANT

haha, well yes... it's the "official" language in many places, specially LA... they say you can't order food anywhere unless you speak the language
Old 11-08-2008, 03:59   #8
Paolo3

Paolo3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
haha, well yes... it's the "official" language in many places, specially LA... they say you can't order food anywhere unless you speak the language
You are probably joking but I still think that statement is not accurate and is a little bit offensive, altough there are many central american people living in California (mainly mexicans but there are people from Honduras, Nicaragua, Ecuador, etc, too), they care to learn english.....I used to live in LA and even when Spanish is my mother tongue I never saw a person who doesn't speak spanish having troubles to order food, and not only because the latin people working in restaurants speak english, but also because there are american waiters and waitress too!

English is the official language and Spanish is spoken only when two latin people are having a conversation, just as english is spoken when two American people are having a conversation, even if they are in China, or Italty or whatever.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:24   #9
SANT

I think you didn't realize I had a smiley in the end of my post... of course I'm joking...
but this I'm gonna say is true:

-if you ONLY speak Spanish, you can still order without a problem as at least one, if not all of the staff members at any given restaurant, will speak the language...

California is an interesting place... for example, and I'm sure people like OCMilano can confirm: you go to UCI (Irvine) and most of the students, I'd say 80%, are Asian...
Old 11-08-2008, 15:16   #10
Paolo3

Paolo3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think you didn't realize I had a smiley in the end of my post... of course I'm joking...
but this I'm gonna say is true:

-if you ONLY speak Spanish, you can still order without a problem as at least one, if not all of the staff members at any given restaurant, will speak the language...

California is an interesting place... for example, and I'm sure people like OCMilano can confirm: you go to UCI (Irvine) and most of the students, I'd say 80%, are Asian...
Probably, but you can still order food in english in any given place, so it's not like you can't eat if you don't speak spanish (which is what you said)

Look, joking or not I find your posts offensive and as a Mod (I think you are) you should be the first person trying to avoid those stereoype and rascists comments.......Even when I hardly ever post I follow milanmania often mainly because I like the fact that this is a multicultural site where people talk about our beloved team, and it's fun, but when people start doing absurd comments (even as a joke) that have nothing to do with sports it's not so funny anymore, and it's even worse when those comments come from the people who is supossed to watch that the discussions doesn't get out of the topic.
Old 11-08-2008, 17:41   #11
SANT

ok, if you find it offensive, I apologize to you...

but in my perspective it's not... it's an interesting fact... and in case it helps you understand, I'm a Mexican in California, whose first language in Spanish... there's nothing, absolutely nothing, racist in those words... but one thing is right, this thread doesn't really have purpose so I'll just close it...