AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > MilanMania > Forum News & Views

Notices

Old 12-10-2005, 09:48   #61
Christopher

Christopher has disabled reputation
Has a paypal account been set up yet? where can I get the info on it so I can contribute?
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 09:49   #62
Kui

Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_chris
Has a paypal account been set up yet? where can I get the info on it so I can contribute?
If you PM Rezaq or Debs they will give the info you need. Thanks for helping out Philly! BTW this reminds me. I'll do another contribution soon too.
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2005, 05:44   #63
Kui

Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Again this for all you devout fans of MilanMania. I am asking for help personal differences aside for all who are willing and interested to donate some $$$ to keep this site up. This is serious stuff as the life of this forum is a stake. The admins from what I know are trying to find ways to get this site functioning properly again. This is only possible if they can find some if not all who are willing to help so that they can concentrate on re-organizing this great forum of ours. If they get the site up and running effectively, than the possibilities of finding businesses to invest here can get MilanMania to be self sustaining. AGAIN this is all dependent on all of us who can to help out while the Admins work on this. Please contact the Admins for any questions and/or post any feedback here on this thread.
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2005, 06:57   #64
Debs
Administrator

Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough
We're really in need of someone with some technical savvy too, as Andrew has basically burned out trying to keep it all running and dealing with the 2 sites. Now it's all going to fall on Rezag and I don't want him to burn out too! So please...if anyone is interested and has some tech smarts, PM Rezag! Thank you!
Old 05-01-2006, 08:02   #65
Debs
Administrator

between a rock and a hard place...

Not to trivialize matters but something has developed. Andrew withdrew his credit card info from ServerBeach b/c Rezag is to take over, and wouldn't you know they tried to charge the account the very same day. We have 72 hours to decide what to do. I sent Rez a $75 contribution. We'll stay online for January, then...unless someone has some other ideas...we're shutting down the site, plain and simple.

If anyone is interestred in contributing and hasn't PMed Rezag or hasn't gotten a PM from Rezag with PayPal info, you can PayPal him using the email address: rezag@canada.com

I have no ideas left, I have no real words left. I don't want to see MM close but 2 or 3 people cannot afford to keep it running. I've asked, I've begged, I've explained the situation and there's little response. Put yourself in my postion and tell me how it would make you feel. I feel like no one cares about this site, about the people here, about any of it. I simply do not know what else to do.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:04   #66
Willdie

Fave Players: Baresi,Maldini,R Baggio,Gattuso,Sheva,mvb,Trio,
Willdie is an unknown quantity at this point
Been away for a while, hasn't been my fault, my body and health have virtually made it impossible to even use the net, I'm backfor a while, is it still $155 to keep us online for another month?
Old 05-01-2006, 10:15   #67
Reza
Administrator

Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
As of now, yes thats the amount
Old 05-01-2006, 16:36   #68
rae
BANNED

Fave Players: Costacurta Giggs & Rui Costa
rae is on a distinguished road
I am so desperate to see our site is going down knowing that I can not do anything
rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 19:05   #69
Acmir^

Fave Players: Maldini, Baresi, Pandev, Van Basten, Kaka
Acmir^ is on a distinguished road
Yeah me too, i'm so pissed that i can't do anything aaaaaaaaaaa

Life ends when you stop Dreaming; Hope ends when you stop Believing; Love ends when you stop Caring; so Dream, Believe and Care. Life is really beautiful!
Acmir^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 00:16   #70
razoruk
Administrator

razoruk
I sent Reza $50 to help out for this month too.
razoruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2006, 17:45   #71
Dejan

Fave Players: BARESI, MALDINI
Dejan is on a distinguished road
hello,

I am really sorry but cannot contribute financially to the cause.

Kinda shocked and saddened to read about the site being so poorly funded and at risk.

Maybe someone has already brought this up, dunno cause im new here but what if we were to try to raise money? I mean, what about a once a month raffle/lottery where people could buy say a number and it gets drawn out...something like that??? Or what about some kinda competition??

I think we would be more succesful with something like that. I run my kids local under 8's football team and we are never short of ideas, football cards, sponsored this, sponsored that. Maybe hard doing something like this cause we are online, but my dad has always told me "when there is a will there is a way", I see lots of will, im sure there is a way!

What if members were to donate a piece of milan/football memrobilia and then auction it on ebay? I mean haveing supported Milan since I was 7 (28 now) I have been collecting religiously Forza Milan, Guerrin sportivo bla bla bla bla. We could maybe do this!! I am sure many of you out there would be the same.

what do you think?

D.
Dejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 19:08   #72
rahul.acm

rahul.acm is on a distinguished road
I want to help!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at the inter forum by vbulletin. i saw they facilities they have! they have chat too! we have gr8 members but can't we improve the quality of our site?

If there is anything i can help wid please let me know by replying to this post! i can help financially too! i want MM to be the best milan forum!
Old 10-04-2006, 10:55   #73
Reza
Administrator

Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
I will PM you soon, thanx.

Those features like chat were not really a big success last time we had them and as you can see from the menu on top of the pages I have been hesitant to add/remove stuff in case we bring them back, which is possible.
Old 10-04-2006, 13:00   #74
Debs
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezag
I will PM you soon, thanx.

Those features like chat were not really a big success last time we had them
And let me add to what Rez said--we've had several different forms of chat here over the years. The problem is the bottom line, meaning the cost vs how much the chat really gets used. At one time our founder Jan had a chat on here that cost $100 a month, and I'm certain prices have changed alot since then, but the only time it really got used was during games when a bunch of us would get on and if someone was seeing the game live on TV, we'd get game updates. We've tried a free chat that a member once created for us. Nice bottom line but it never worked well. We've tried IRC and it wasn't successful either, Rez could probably fill you in on the follies of that.

What it really boils down to is this: I'd love for us to have a chat. If we could find a really inexpensive one or a free one that would work well, as in be able to handle 20 or 30 people at once, we could consider it. But if it's costly, it's just not worth it.
Old 10-04-2006, 23:02   #75
minhduc

minhduc is on a distinguished road
minhduc is a new member from Saigon, Vietnam.

I can contribute some $ and have to find out a way to send it out of the country. can someone tell me where (which city) the money have to be sent to and how ?

any other members from Vietnam wish to contribute too so we can consolidate the transfer ?

For sure we will keep this site up and running.
minhduc is offline   Reply With Quote