Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

Old 23-01-2011, 07:23   #646
Brasileiro

Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
All bold part are experienced players and you compare with a 21 year old players who often got injured.

Well, according to you, he can't adapt but managed to score goals. Hmm, it is strange. I wonder how great he would be if he can adapt according to your standard of adaptation.

Let the kid grow. He is still 21 years old. I doubt the three experienced players mentioned above had similar achievement with Pato when they were in the same age.
Stop making sense, Siregar The trend no is bashing pato and forget his achievments at such youn age.

At Internacional and Brazil youths Pato grow playing in a 4-3-1-2 and now Allegri(and others) is saying he need to lear it?!? huh? Canīt believe people buy this nonsense
Brasileiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2011, 09:13   #647
Christian

Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
More than with Leonardo, for sure. But heīs still playing at the right a lot. Against Udinese he played the majority of the game at the wings. Maybe is because Iīm used to watch him at Inter and now in Brazil NT, but in my books heīs still being used wrong by Allegri.

Regarding decision making the other guys are talking... not every CF can play as winger or AMD and be good all the time. If that was the case, it wasnīt so hard to find #10īs. Just take your skilled player at put there. Thereīs a reason some kids(at youth teams) are chosed to play as "the decision maker of the team" and others not. How many times we need to to come here and said Pato play ALL his life(until Milan) as a CF?!?! Also, if Pato is selfish what a guy like Zarate is?? UBER selfish?!? Pato is a(young)CF playing far from the goal...

I feel sorry for Pato... The kid(yep, he isnīt 28 fellas) is always put on a microscope. Sometimes I wish those rumors about Pato/Balotteli swap become true. Some guys just crystallized the idea Pato always take poor decisions and only will know what they have on hands in the day they lost it...
It seemed to me that he only moved to the wings when we played with Cassano, Ibra, Robinho and Pato all at once. Obviously some of the players had to be moved out wide, to fit them all in the team, and I supose he chose Robinho and Pato cause... well Robinho's the obvious choice for the left side, and I supose Pato cause he had already played there under Leonardo.

Generally though, I think he spends alot of time where he's best under Allegri, in and around the box. He hasn't completly ticked yet with Ibra imo, even though they have assisted each other quite a bit, but I hope they can somehow in the future. Those two ticking in attack would be a dream duo.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2011, 09:35   #648
Siregar

Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
At Internacional and Brazil youths Pato grow playing in a 4-3-1-2 and now Allegri(and others) is saying he need to lear it?!? huh? Canīt believe people buy this nonsense
"Pato? This year we play in a different system compared to last season, when Milan played with three forwards, two on the flanks and a centre forward. Now we play with two strikers and a midfielder right behind them. In this scheme, the forwards have to adapt to each other and this is something Pato has to work on. ..... And let’s not forget that he was often sidelined by injuries, therefore he needs some time to develop chemistry with Ibra.”"

Allegri stressed is the chemistry (the adaptation) of the two forwards and this is not as easy as people can think. Player needs games to adapt to each other and how many games Pato has played with Ibra? He had long injuries twice this season! Yes, twice.

So, let the kid play! Our champions and coach will lead him to be a much better striker.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:05   #649
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
A very interesting article about this whole Pato-Ibra situation from Franco Ordine. It goes into quite some depth about the situation, and could possibly give some insight to some of the problems we have lately...

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=44598

for those who want to translate, copy and paste the link here...

http://translate.google.com/#
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:51   #650
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
A very interesting article about this whole Pato-Ibra situation from Franco Ordine. It goes into quite some depth about the situation, and could possibly give some insight to some of the problems we have lately...

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=44598

for those who want to translate, copy and paste the link here...

http://translate.google.com/#
My italian is not good enough to understand the article in full, but translated in english it's also not easy to read, as it never works to translate through google. Would be nice for someone fluent in italian to translate or at least summarize.

I don't know how good it is to constantly discuss a minor problem, talking about the psychology of it. It's like trying to "get it up" when you can't. The more you think about it, the less chance you'll be able to do it, haha.

The poor kid is a great player, but he seems like a stupid player. Very talented, he's best utilized as a main striker. He needs to find a way to play a bit more like Inzaghi, on the last defender, and use his speed. Dribbling doesn't work, and he must work on his passing, even Inzaghi, who's passing isn't exactly like Pirlo's, could still make a good pass here and there. Pato will be fine, but he needs to work on his game. There's a lot of pressure on him. Everyone's talking about it, and how he could leave in June.

Ibra always seemed to be able to play well with a penalty box striker (Adriano), so I see no reason why he can't now. Pato's been injured and I'm sure he'll be back into form. It is true that the 4-3-1-2 better suits him, and is easier formation to adapt to. As a striker, I loved playing in that formation as opposed to the 4-3-3. Pato will be back, and if he struggles, he must be subbed or benched. This is the way of football...
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:05   #651
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
My italian is not good enough to understand the article in full, but translated in english it's also not easy to read, as it never works to translate through google. Would be nice for someone fluent in italian to translate or at least summarize.

I don't know how good it is to constantly discuss a minor problem, talking about the psychology of it. It's like trying to "get it up" when you can't. The more you think about it, the less chance you'll be able to do it, haha.

The poor kid is a great player, but he seems like a stupid player. Very talented, he's best utilized as a main striker. He needs to find a way to play a bit more like Inzaghi, on the last defender, and use his speed. Dribbling doesn't work, and he must work on his passing, even Inzaghi, who's passing isn't exactly like Pirlo's, could still make a good pass here and there. Pato will be fine, but he needs to work on his game. There's a lot of pressure on him. Everyone's talking about it, and how he could leave in June.

Ibra always seemed to be able to play well with a penalty box striker (Adriano), so I see no reason why he can't now. Pato's been injured and I'm sure he'll be back into form. It is true that the 4-3-1-2 better suits him, and is easier formation to adapt to. As a striker, I loved playing in that formation as opposed to the 4-3-3. Pato will be back, and if he struggles, he must be subbed or benched. This is the way of football...
The guy starts saying there is a Pato case, no need to deny it, and if the club lets it grow, it could be a gamble for the Scudetto. He says that it's obvious that Pato seems intimidated when playing with Ibra, and he tried to make 40 meter passes towards Ibra whereas it's not something he's used to do and it's not his main skill. He adds then that if Pato did that, it's because he wants to prove he can play and communicate with Ibra, like Robinho or Cassano manage to do, and it's why he plays a bit against his own nature when with Ibra. So far, Pato-Ibra didn't work despite their long discussions during the trainings, which Allegri thinks it can be a good sign for the near future. For the guy, Pato was useless in first half but improved in second half, and the action ending by the double post of Ibra is a proof of that, and as a consequence, Allegri made a mistake by replacing Pato instead of Robinho (saying that Allegri admitted his mistake then). Alone, he says Pato is the real Pato, but with Ibra, he is afraid and loses "his mind" (not knowing where to play, what position being, etc). He says he is so afraid that he tended to play like in the past in second half, coming from the right to be far from Ibra, and also because he has problems to adapt to the new tactical schemes of Allegri (my opinion: it's just a matter of time, Pato has been injured for such a long time lately that it's like his season is starting now and in a new team). He ends by saying that Pato needs more a psychological training than a tactical training actually, and it's Allegri who has to do that, managing to avoid people in and out of Milan to think that Ibra wants Pato out. As a conclusion, he says Cassano starts to be logically tired after his two months of inactivity, and he needs to work a lot on his physical form, it's why the fact he's been called with the NT is a bad thing and he should be rested this Sunday, which means Pato has to start. It would be a fair choice.

You're welcome !!

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:38   #652
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
It's strange, Pato plays for Brazil, some of the most talented players in the World. He played with Ronaldinho, Kaka, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Robinho, and for some reason he's intimidated by Ibra?? He should be comfortable playing with him, playing off Ibra, and Robinho.

Ibra's not exactly a 'Samba' player but more of a clinical finisher. He can still be on the end of a lot of Ibra, Cassano's, and Robinho's work. He will be fine I'm sure!
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 15:15   #653
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
It's strange, Pato plays for Brazil, some of the most talented players in the World. He played with Ronaldinho, Kaka, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Robinho, and for some reason he's intimidated by Ibra?? He should be comfortable playing with him, playing off Ibra, and Robinho.

Ibra's not exactly a 'Samba' player but more of a clinical finisher. He can still be on the end of a lot of Ibra, Cassano's, and Robinho's work. He will be fine I'm sure!
I don't think it's about his level ... it's more psychological, Ibra is tall, he knows how to fight, well, he's the kind of guy you prefer to have as a friend, don't know if you see what I mean ...

For a young player, playing with him, and more especially when he is allowed to always criticize his partners (each missed pass needs an excuse from his partner and he almost gives them orders ... whereas when he misses a pass, he doesn't care about what will say), it can be frustrating.

I can understand because when I was younger, I had this kind of player in my team (it's a bit different: I don't play a collective but an individual sport, but there are teams championships), and when this kind of guy starts to criticize you all the time, it can become difficult to deliver good performances if you're not very strong mentally, which is probably one of the problems of Pato nowadays because of his private life (I mean, he just divorced, it's not the big fun, and suddenly, even in football, there is someone on his back, that can be difficult to handle).

Anyway, I'm sure that will be resolved in few time and we will see an amazing Ibra-Pato partnership on the pitch soon !!

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:01   #654
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Anyway, I'm sure that will be resolved in few time and we will see an amazing Ibra-Pato partnership on the pitch soon !!
Hopefully the situation is resolved quickly. What is positive is the two players do talk in training to make the partnership work, although it's up to Allegri to get it sorted out fully.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote