Notices

Closed Thread

Old 17-05-2010, 14:09   #46
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
Reading your post I start to think about one thing. Why is so hard(money wise) for big clubs in Italy to buy young talents of small and middle clubs internally? Or it just happens with Milan?

Every prospect(proven or not) price in Italy is severally overrated. Even in Spain where Real and Barça pay outrageous money, they still can get reasonable prices for good young players(prospects). Keep in mind I'm not talking bout Vila's, Silva's, Daniel Alves type of purchases.

Just the young player with a good potential...
It's probably more because of Milan and what happened in the past ...

Don't forget that players from Inter won't come to Milan now, because we have become again their rivals (for a big part of the season), and because I don't think they want to do the same mistake as with Pirlo or Seedorf.

A club like Palermo just refuse any deal with Milan.

We have a great relationship with Roma (and if I'm not wrong, Lazio), which instead of making the deals easier, makes us trying to get no player from their team and vice-versa (more with Roma than with Lazio in our recent history) ...

I don't think a club like Sampdoria is friend with Milan.

Genoa is very linked to Inter nowadays.

I don't talk about Juventus as there is no player I'd want in our team nowadays.

You see, we are in a situation allowing us to deal with clubs like Parma or Cagliari only ... but it's because of our behaviour on the market.

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
Old 17-05-2010, 16:30   #47
Brasileiro

Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
It's probably more because of Milan and what happened in the past ...

Don't forget that players from Inter won't come to Milan now, because we have become again their rivals (for a big part of the season), and because I don't think they want to do the same mistake as with Pirlo or Seedorf.

A club like Palermo just refuse any deal with Milan.

We have a great relationship with Roma (and if I'm not wrong, Lazio), which instead of making the deals easier, makes us trying to get no player from their team and vice-versa (more with Roma than with Lazio in our recent history) ...

I don't think a club like Sampdoria is friend with Milan.

Genoa is very linked to Inter nowadays.

I don't talk about Juventus as there is no player I'd want in our team nowadays.

You see, we are in a situation allowing us to deal with clubs like Parma or Cagliari only ... but it's because of our behaviour on the market.
Thanks for the clarify, Geo...

So, by what you told me, the situation is even worse than I thought. These "closed doors" to us really hurts. Now(less money), more than ever we will need to do better at youth teams.

I know Milan bought several promising prospects to youth teams some time ago, but from my experience seeing development of players in Brazil, I will hold my breath on these kids. Thats a tough science, and the odds are that just one or two make it to first team, and this is considerate a great result.

Also, the future coach will need to "embrace the cause", because without his confidence, even the good ones will fail...
Old 17-05-2010, 16:42   #48
GeoTav

Quote:

So, by what you told me, the situation is even worse than I thought. These "closed doors" to us really hurts. Now(less money), more than ever we will need to do better at youth teams.

I know Milan bought several promising prospects to youth teams some time ago, but from my experience seeing development of players in Brazil, I will hold my breath on these kids. Thats a tough science, and the odds are that just one or two make it to first team, and this is considerate a great result.

Also, the future coach will need to "embrace the cause", because without his confidence, even the good ones will fail...
Actually, if one or two primavera players are included in the first team each season (and are at the right level), it would be amazing.

If only we could include one defender (I don't know who, De Vito is the one who had his chance, Albertazzi is the hyped one, seriously, I don't know who could deserve and could possibly do well in the first team) and one midfielder (Verdi for example) during this summer, that would already be a great job.

I don't know why all clubs are able to insert some Primavera players and give them some minutes here and there and why we are unable to do it ? Especially when we bought some of the best young Italian prospects last summer ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
Old 17-05-2010, 18:14   #49
GeoTav

Colombo (GK from ... umh), Pulzetti from Livorno and Manfredini from Atalanta will join our team for the US tour.

TMW claims that if Pulzetti (25yo midfielder) does well, he could be taken by Milan ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
Old 17-05-2010, 18:18   #50
Siregar

Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't know why all clubs are able to insert some Primavera players and give them some minutes here and there and why we are unable to do it ? Especially when we bought some of the best young Italian prospects last summer ...
Other teams have better or even a lot better youth teams than us. For some years we were so bad at youth development, only Allievi Nazionali (U16) succeeded a couple of years ago (with Paloschi is the product) and Beretti last year but with some Primavera players played in the final.

Like you said, we only started to give more focus to the youth team since last year summer by buying some Italian talents but many of them are still so young even they couldn't get chances in the Primavera.
Old 17-05-2010, 19:39   #51
Rossoneri Fuego

Fave Players: Nesta R80 Beckham Rino
Rossoneri Fuego is on a distinguished road
oguchi 1 year extension same price set to expire 2013 that's real noble didn't ask for a raise or nothing a salute him that's american lol!
Old 17-05-2010, 20:01   #52
GeoTav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossoneri Fuego View Post
oguchi 1 year extension same price set to expire 2013 that's real noble didn't ask for a raise or nothing a salute him that's american lol!
I don't know if it's American, but anyway, it's something that has to be respected ...
Post #36

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
Old 17-05-2010, 21:38   #53
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Ever since that, I rate Gouch higher now. Wish all players can do the same.

Anyhow about Milan's relation with others.
From my stand point, I think Berlu and Galli basically screwed everything up with other teams by either insulting them about players offered to them, ie Toni, or always glow about how this player becomes a superstar in Milan....ie: Pirlo. On top of that, they always tried to low ball the other team, although I think thats fair play. I think it is the glowing and mocking the other team that's hurted the most. Lets say you are the GM of Atalanta and you got say an Italian Pato playing for you. As he is already doing okay and you and everybody else know sooner or later he will be the next big thing for Italy....Milan came and said they want him for 15mil or so. Once the transfer went through and that IT Pato become a WC player, both Berlu and Galli will be screaming at people that they were the ones who knows talent......they can always get the best players......How would you feel then? Where as, guys like Morratti, or even Moggi will never make such claims, or at the very least not to the extend of B & G.
Old 17-05-2010, 23:53   #54
Milano84

Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

The difference is inter are respectful with negotiations and galliani acts like an arrogant jerk, underbidding and insulting with offers.

remember toni case with palermo?
Old 18-05-2010, 02:59   #55
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Wow, respect to Onyewu !!

As he didn't play one single game this season because of his injury, he asked the club to renew his contract until 2013 (instead of 2012). During that extra-year, he will not be paid.

It looks like it was his idea and the club accepted.

Again, respect to him.
Yeah, I really respect actions like that. Credit to him, a class act which reminds me of Redondo.
Old 18-05-2010, 05:39   #56
guestes

Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Geo Tav, interesting post... But interesting as well that Pulzetti was named in the worst Serie A team of the season in acordance to Castrol rankings... this may not mean much to some. Colombo sounds like another Flavio Roma to me... But Manfredini looks good

IMO, if Storari returns and DiDA leaves it should be ok, but here is some names to consider:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/trans...ve-this-summer
i hope people agree with me that the quoted market prices are underpriced by Goal.com

Last edited by guestes; 18-05-2010 at 05:49.
Old 18-05-2010, 06:01   #57
GeoTav

Without having seen much of Onyewu (just the Confederations Cup), what I know from now, and it's a quality, is that the guy is smart ...

By doing such a thing, he probably knew he would be rated a lot more higher by fans and the club (suddenly, we don't care anymore about his level, like if he had a great season and showed to all of us that he was as good as Nesta or T.Silva on the pitch ), and this way, he just allows himself to stay in a "big" club (some could claim we're not big anymore, I will reply it's just a matter of time, maybe even after this summer if the right moves are done) one more year.

After reading the article, I even thought it would be good to have Onyewu as vice-T.Silva or vice-Nesta without any particular reason !!

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
Old 18-05-2010, 06:06   #58
GeoTav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saliwonczyk View Post
Geo Tav, interesting post... But interesting as well that Pulzetti was named in the worst Serie A team of the season in acordance to Castrol rankings... this may not mean much to some. Colombo sounds like another Flavio Roma to me... But Manfredini looks good

IMO, if Storari returns and DiDA leaves it should be ok, but here is some names to consider:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/trans...ve-this-summer
i hope people agree with me that the quoted market prices are underpriced by Goal.com
For Pulzetti, I don't know him so I can't say anything more than what I read: midfielder from Livorno who was born in 1984 ...
We'll see in the friendly games.

Actually, these players are brought in the USA with the team because the players who are called for the WC can't come to the USA for the tour, nor can the Primavera players as they still have games to play. So these 3 players join our team just to allow us to have a "complete" team (Storari has a surgery at the nose or eyes, don't remember, during the tour, so it's why Colombo was called).

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
Old 18-05-2010, 06:07   #59
Filipéz 182

Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Inter will earn €100m from the treble
Tuesday 18 May, 2010
If Inter win the treble this season, it's estimated that they will earn €100m in prize money and gate receipts.

The Nerazzurri have already won the Coppa Italia and wrapped up the Scudetto.

They are now preparing for the Champions League Final against Bayern Munich, which will be held in Madrid on Saturday.

Il Corriere dello Sport understands that as a national champion Inter earned €200,000 then €7.1m for the group phases, and €2.8m for the results that they got in the first phase of the competition.

The Nerazzurri then cashed €3m for qualifying for the last 16, another €3.3m for the quarter-finals and €4.2m for the semi-finals.

In reaching the Final, Massimo Moratti's side earned another windfall of €5.5m, and if they win the trophy, UEFA will award Inter €9m in prize money.

That amounts to €35.1m, but if you factor in TV money, gate receipts, their season in Serie A and the Coppa Italia together with the prospect of playing in the European Super Cup and Club World Cup, Inter could earn up to €100m.
Old 18-05-2010, 06:15   #60
GeoTav

It could really be the summer of all changes for us ... the decisive one that will say if we're going to be back at the top or not !!

Players are going to leave, like it was already said on this topic.
We don't have a coach right now.
And there's now even some trouble about the owner:
- a 350M bid from Squinzi, the boss of the bike team Mapei, would be to be done ; http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/milan...dnotizia=25007
- Berlusconi admitting that selling Milan would be bad for his image, and that it's difficult to find someone rich enough nowadays to buy the club because of the crisis (but more important is the "I don't know what do to" part which sounds really bad to me, especially in such an important summer) ; http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/milan...dnotizia=25023

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
Closed Thread