AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

Old 09-11-2010, 09:27   #1
mzk57

Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
AC Milan - Palermo [11/10/10 7:45 PM GMT]

I am doing this for the very first time. I have never opened a match thread on MM in the past 4 years. Hope AC Milan would win this one.

VS

Geo, some stats please!

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "

Last edited by mzk57; 09-11-2010 at 09:38.
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:49   #2
Kaka1899

Fave Players: Kaką, Andrea Pirlo and Paolo Maldini
Kaka1899 is on a distinguished road
more chance of it been Miccoli that burns us than Pastore Zeekay.

San Paolo 600 Serie A Appearances Living Legend Grazie Paolo!

Heroes Are Remembered
Legends Live Forever
San Paolo
Kaka1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:28   #3
mzk57

Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually, this time, AC Milan will burn Palermo. But anyway, Pastore is kind having a great season so far, so its fair to say that he is the face of Palermo for the time being. Talking of which, he could be the replacement for Seedorf by the way. Talented, Argentine & most importantly, good looking for AC Milan

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 13:40   #4
LebRN

Fave Players: Nesta, Pato, Thiago Silva, Flamini
LebRN is on a distinguished road
MILAN-PALERMO: ALLEGRI’S SQUAD

MILAN – At the end of the Rossoneri’s daily training session, coach Massimiliano Allegri named his 19-man squad for the match against Palermo:

Abbiati, Amelia, Antonini, Jankulovski, Nesta, Papastathopoulos, Thiago Silva, Yepes, Abate, Ambrosini, Boateng, Flamini, Pirlo, Seedorf, Ibrahimovic, Inzaghi, Pato, Robinho, Ronaldinho.

Unavailable: Bonera, Oddo, Zambrotta.
Not called up: Montelongo, Oduamadi, Strasser, Onyewu.
Suspended: Gattuso

Pirlo is the only guy who is 1 yellow card away from suspension for the Inter match.

With Gattuso out, I'm guessing we will see a 2nd consecutive start for Flamini and I'm hoping he can capitalize on it like he did against Bari so that he becomes an undisputed starter.

Will we go for Seedorf again as the CAM? or will we play with 3 upfront?
I would actually prefer if we play Boa instead of Gattuso in midfield and Pirlo instead of Seedorf and Pato instead of Robinho....
LebRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 15:49   #5
OCmilano

Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
Abate-Nesta-Silva-Antonini
Flamini-----Prince
Ronaldinho
Pato--R70
Ibra

We win 4-1

Subs. Pirlo, Ambro, Pippo.... Out R70, R80, Pato ( to standing applause in the 82nd min)

*wow that was a nice dream I had.
Old 09-11-2010, 15:56   #6
jovola

Fave Players: Pippo
jovola is on a distinguished road
This is interesting, we actually can't know who will play tomorrow or even in which formation, this is not how our team worked before and I think it gives us advantage both in the field of motivation and unpredictability.

I think both teams have weak defense and hope for a lot of goals in Palermo net, also would someone tell, is Ronaldinho injured or he definitely lost his position in the first 11
Old 09-11-2010, 16:29   #7
Siregar

Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Milan can try formation like previous game with Gattuso changed with Boateng and Seedorf with Pirlo. Really want to see Pirlo play behind two strikers since he is the only option who can link the midfield and the forward AND play for 90 minutes (Seedorf can play there but I worry about his stamina). Ambrosini plays in front of CBs was not bad.

A dilemma of playing Pirlo as deep-playing playmaker as in position he alwasy plays but risk the connection between the midfielderes and the forwards (with Ambrosini plays as player who link with Seedrof/Ronaldinho) or Pirlo playing as playmaker behind strikers but risk of creativity and losing the ball in front of the CBs if Ambrosini plays there. If I have to choose, I choose the second option since our major problem is lacking of unity in our play and I think, Pirlo can unite the play if he plays more forward.

-----------Defenders------------

--Boateng---Ambrosini---Flamini--

-------------Pirlo----------------

------------------Ibrahimovic----
------Pato-----------------------
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 17:43   #8
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
ElMago99's Line Up

------------------Pato---------------------
----------Ibrahimovic-------------------
--------------------------------------------
------------------Pirlo----------------------
-----Ambrosini--------Boateng------------
----------------Flamini---------------------
Antonini-------------------------Abate----
-------------T. Silva--Nesta----------------
-----------------Abbiati---------------------

Subs:
Inzaghi for Pato OR Ibrahimovic
Robinho for Ibrahimovic Or Pato
Seedorf for Any Midfielder
Ronaldinho for the ball boy
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:49   #9
hustler

hustler is on a distinguished road
Please guys no Ibra please...he deserves to rest. I'd prefer if we start upfront with Dinho, Pato and Pippo, Midfield trio of Boateng,Ambro and Flamini (Pirlo is a yellow card away from missing the derby) Abate, Nesta,Papa and Zambro.

We particularly need Flamini to assist Abate in curtailing Balzaretti on the left hand side.Boateng or Ambrosini to track Pastore and Ilicic coming from the midfield. I think our defence can handle Pinilla.

The derby is most important to me right now as we are yet to win a BIG game this season and we have a chance to do so against an out of sorts Inter.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:28   #10
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
I would like to see the three Brazilians upfront with a mid of Boateng in the middle with Ambro and Flamini on either side.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:04   #11
Kaka1899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
I would like to see the three Brazilians upfront with a mid of Boateng in the middle with Ambro and Flamini on either side.
that midfield, thats what i call hustle Palermo would think we had a 6 min midfield with Ambro,KPB and Matty flying everywhere!!

Heroes Are Remembered
Legends Live Forever
San Paolo
Old 10-11-2010, 03:10   #12
Kaka1899

with regards to the derby coming up on Sunday most of the first 11 should be rested or saved from suspension, give Pippo a start for Ibra wuth Dinho playing behind him with a midfield of Ambro,Flamini and KPB (Save Pirlo from suspension 1 yellow away, Rino is suspended anyway and Seedorf rested but to play if we need him) with the defence having Nesta rested along with thiago we could play Yepes and Papa in the middle with Zambro and Abate at FB with Amelia in goal just because Abbiati has messed up too much for my liking. we can always jig the team arounbd with subs etc but this derby is the first one in 2 Seasons? thats 100% realistically winnable for us as long as we play well and have a little lady luck which we didnt vs the Zebra merda.

Heroes Are Remembered
Legends Live Forever
San Paolo
Old 10-11-2010, 04:01   #13
Siregar

Quote:
I don't think Boateng is capable of doing job in front of CBs. The three players are not creative and skillful players but Ambrosini has very good tactical knowledge and Flamini is also better option than Boateng in that position since he has done well similar job in his last season with Arsenal.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:54   #14
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Flamini and Ambro can't really dribble and pass as well as Boateng(from the games I saw him play both in WC and Milan). The reason for having Boateng in the middle of the three create a flat three man midfield and Dinho and Robinho should take turns tracking back to get the ball from the three mid throughout the game.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:27   #15
Siregar

Quote:
Flamini and Ambro can't really dribble and pass as well as Boateng(from the games I saw him play both in WC and Milan). The reason for having Boateng in the middle of the three create a flat three man midfield and Dinho and Robinho should take turns tracking back to get the ball from the three mid throughout the game.
I don't think Boateng's pass better than the other two players, contrarily I think Ambro and Flam have better pass. I have no data right now but from games I have watched Boateng made wrong passes often. About dribbling, Boateng's dribbling is probably better but he really can't dribble to pass through opponent. He can dribble but can't move further if there is opponent marking him. In that position, I think that it's better to play player who can defend and protect the ball.

What I pay attention is the job to pick the ball from the CBs, cover and protect it and deliver it to the fullback, other midfilders, etc. This is the risk part of Boateng since he lost ball pretty often with Milan.

By the way there is rumour that Nesta will be rested (giving Yepes partner with Silva who is coming from injury) and Ronaldinho will be played (other rumour said we will play Robinho, Pato and Ibra.

The formation could be:

------------------- Abbiati --------------------

Abate----------Silva------Yepes--------Antonini

------Flamini---------Pirlo--------Ambrosini------

---------------------Robinho/Ronaldinho---------

-------------------------------Ibra-------------
----------Pato----------------------------------

Last edited by Siregar; 10-11-2010 at 05:31.