Old 26-01-2011, 17:14   #76
Siregar

Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Fre View Post
good points siregar.

by the way, merkel reminds me more of Oezil, than muller
Merkel lack of dribbling ability Özil possesses. Özil is also a more offensive player and weak defensively. The comparison with Müller is probably not that good, my point is that both have similar type of level of comprehensive football abilities that they don't have very special character but also they have no clear weakness in every aspect of football skill.
Old 26-01-2011, 17:16   #77
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosniaco View Post
I thought Urby was ok today, but lazy not really helping out Antonini in the back. He goes up the pitch and does not run back? what the hell is that?

Pato good, Thiago great, Merkel good, the res just fine.
We can't expect a perfect game by our new players, especially a guy like Emmanuelson who probably doesn't speak a word of Italian (Van Bommel can handle this problem thanks to his experience) ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 17:47   #78
Siregar

Quote:
AN IMPORTANT STEP FORWARD

Adriano Galliani, coach Allegri and the Rossoneri players all agree that Milan’s qualification for the semifinal of the Italian Cup is an important step in team’s season. The dressing room is united and today it was demonstrated on the pitch.

The Rossoneri’s joy after Pato’s brace

MILAN – This is what Adriano Galliani, coach Allegri and his players had to say after Milan’s win at Sampdoria in the two teams’ TIM Italian Cup quarterfinal:

ADRIANO GALLIANI

“It was a good game, I liked the way we played and the two new players, Emanuelson and Van Bommel, made a really good impression on me. I have no idea how we could have played without them this evening.

The match was quite entertaining. I was impressed especially by Thiago Silva, who seemed to be out of this world. Pato scored two beautiful goals, especially the second was marvellous, but I repeat, Thiago was supernatural this evening. After the game I even told him ‘next time, if we’ll be short on forwards, go and play up front, because you’re excellent in defence, excellent also in midfield, now only an attacking role is left to be filled for you’.

The qualification for the semifinal? Credit goes to the coach, because right from the first day coach Allegri has always said that we’re aiming for the league title, the Champions League trophy and the Italian Cup and that we have all three competitions have the same importance and require the same effort. In previous years we may have given less importance to this competition, but I see the same attitude from other teams as well. If we look at the teams in the quarterfinals, we can see that the strongest sides are there, apart from Lazio, who were eliminated by Roma in the last sixteen. Now our objective is to go to Beijing to fight for the Italian SuperCup.”

MASSIMILIANO ALLEGRI

‘For the qualification credit goes to the lads, who had the right approach to the game, played well especially in the first half and were very compact in defence. We could have killed off the game with Robinho and Merkel, but we didn’t so we suffered right until the final whistle, even if didn’t allow Sampdoria much. The Blucerchiati put more pressure on us after the break, but we didn’t suffer much.

I’m pleased, because in this difficult situation my players gave a hand to each other. They’re all important. It’s true that some of them played less this evening, but it doesn’t mean they are worth less than the others. I have a great group at my disposal’.

‘Van Bommel did a good job. In the first half, he had to find his place on the pitch, because he played out of his usual role. He did better after the break. He and Emanuelson demonstrated that they can be useful for us.
Pato? I took him off because he had cramps and this means he worked a lot for the team. He has to and he can, like everyone else. Then, he’s incredibly talented. In any case, I repeat, achieving these results are only possible because of the hard work and technical qualities of my players.
Thiago Silva? He has fun playing, regardless of the position, he’s extraordinary. It”s a pleasure to watch him play. He does well, no where I put him on the field’.

FLAVIO ROMA

‘Most of all, I’m pleased with our victory and with the qualification for the semifinal. Considering that I rarely play, I can’t deny my personal satisfaction, but I’m also happy for the team’s success. As for my own performance, I’m satisfied, I just try to do my job and I’d like to thank the coach for giving me this chance. I liked the team, even the new guys did well. It’s not easy to join a new group, not speaking the local language and playing immediately. The goal conceded? It could happen. We’ll review it with the boss’.

MASSIMO ODDO

‘Today we played a great game, especially in the first half, then we had some more difficulty after the interval, because Sampdoria pushed hard. However, we did well, even though we knew it wouldn’t be easy because of the high number of absentees and because of the new players, who had to play out of their natural roles. I know them well, both of them did well, because they gave a big hand to the team. We played a great game and we did well to put the game to bed in the first half.

With the boss we prepared well for the match, aware of the fact that Sampdoria are strong on the flanks. Apart from a couple of errors, which are part of the game, like the goal conceded, we defended well.

I can see a concrete Milan side, formed by players who have the desire to show their worth, even if some of us play less than the others, but it works like this at every big team. One has to let his performance on the field speak and try to be ready whenever he’s needed. This evening we sent out a strong message: we’re a united group, we’re ready to suffer and we want all three trophies.

When you win, perhaps mentally you feel less the fatigue, but the real strength of this Milan side is that when someone is missing, the others are there to step up. The boss makes his decisions knowing that he can count on the entire squad.’
It seems that Allegri manage his players well. The player he chose seems ready to give their best even the player plays only in limited number of games.
Old 26-01-2011, 18:36   #79
Ryo

Ryo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fLame View Post
So anyone still wants to sell Pato? :P
Where is Hitmannq when you need him?

Robinho Ibrahimovic Pato
Ryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 18:49   #80
Codino

Fave Players: Van Basten, Baggio
Codino is on a distinguished road
those 2 goals were technically beautiful. Im surprised with the gamble of putting 2 brand new players in the lineup! but its great for confidence and Merkel again showed his seamless transition from primavera to real football.

This team has the chance to be something special at the end of the season.
i have FULL faith in this coach.
Old 26-01-2011, 19:09   #81
Jay Crisp

Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
Merkel is only 18 amazing I love him(in a manly way) was it just me or after the 1st goal celebration did Urby DUCK V.Bommel like the plague ?? http://www.youtube.com/user/Maestr02.../2/sdntmuaMLfs

Last edited by Jay Crisp; 26-01-2011 at 19:14.
Jay Crisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 20:50   #82
Brasileiro

Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Yeah, he made major changes in our team in 6 months, something other coaches would have done in 1 or 2 years ...

Ronaldinho didn't ruin many games this season, he was benched for almost 80% of the time he was here this season.

And in big clubs, aren't the young players used when there are injuries or when the first team players need a rest ? It's what happened here, Allegri could have changed some things and only used first team players, but he didn't, he used some youngsters (and don't forget he tried them in his first games as our coach !!) ... Now, given the performances of Merkel for example, it seems he will be used even when everyone will be fit. As for Strasser, if Allegri blocked his transfer to Genoa, that means something (he does care about the young players) ...

Oh and it's not only about sending some youngsters on the pitch and have luck if they perform, that doesn't work this way, Allegri has to get credit for their success, didn't Ancelotti tried here and there (something like twice a year) some young players ? What was the result ? Afraid players on the pitch ... The ones used by Allegri ? They seem confident, it seems they feel like a part of our team, and that's why they can perform well.
Allegri deserve credit for a lot of good things, Geo... But the order to bench Ronaldinho came from above.

Grêmio president said they were in negotiatons with Milan since september(Palmeiras first talk was in July) and it was leaked in Brazil B&G were doing everything to Ronaldinho leave Milan and get rid of his wage. Ronaldinho was avid to leave but his brother(the one who loves money) convinced him to stay and don´t give up the amount of money in his contract.

To make it short, our MGT told Allegri to make it hard for Ronaldinho(pushing him to leave) and the strategy worked(thank God!). Like I said, he deserve a lot of credit(and some criticism), but there was no courage in his act. It was a mgt strategy(and order)...
Brasileiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 21:00   #83
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
Allegri deserve credit for a lot of good things, Geo... But the order to bench Ronaldinho came from above.

Grêmio president said they were in negotiatons with Milan since september(Palmeiras first talk was in July) and it was leaked in Brazil B&G were doing everything to Ronaldinho leave Milan and get rid of his wage. Ronaldinho was avid to leave but his brother(the one who loves money) convinced him to stay and don´t give up the amount of money in his contract.

To make it short, our MGT told Allegri to make it hard for Ronaldinho(pushing him to leave) and the strategy worked(thank God!). Like I said, he deserve a lot of credit(and some criticism), but there was no courage in his act. It was a mgt strategy(and order)...
Maybe that's true, maybe that's not ...
Aren't these both clubs very disappointed or even upset against Ronaldinho and Milan for what happened ? I mean, he firstly had some kind of agreement to join a club, then another, and he finally went to Flamengo.

Then saying it's an order from B&G, I don't know, you don't know, Palmeiras/Gremio/... don't know, Ronaldinho himself doesn't know, I'd tend to think that B&G, after buying both Ibra and Robinho, said to Allegri to use the team like he wants, and not to make the life hard to anybody ... I just think that the B part of B&G wanted to see Ronaldinho play, he probably "asked" to our coaches to use him (by selling Kaka' and buying almost nobody, that meant what that meant: use Ronaldinho as our leader) but after understanding that Ronaldinho would no more be the Ronaldinho from Barcelona, they probably gave free hands to Allegri to manage the group.

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 21:07   #84
Brasileiro

Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipéz 182 View Post
cant understand why some people say van bommel was bad. IMO he was one of our best players;

2 very sweet goals by pato, keep up the good work kid!
Couldn´t agree more, Filipéz.

I really "hate" Van Bommel antics on the field, and was against his purchase, but the guy was great today. A HUGE improvement over that one-dimensional Gattuso. Our team would be 10000x better if Allegri replaced Gattuso with Van Bommel. But I´m being naive now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
I think Pato should more near the PK or inside the PK including try to break offside trap (chances to break offside trap were big in today's match) but he was so often so far from the FK. I mean, he should be more as target man since he is excellent in that position, just like his two goals showed it. I don't like Pato being too sided on the flank or sometimes went so dropped back. He should just stay near PK and use 1-2 trick (like the second goal), one-two pass with other player, random movement, etc. to get place to score.

I wonder why we see him very rarely break the offside trap like when we are doing counter attack (not like before when he used his speed). He may be slower now, play too deep (too wide) or combined.
Perfect, Siregar... and this is how Mano Menezes is using Pato in Brazil NT.

It´s not coincidence the numbers Pato is puting since Menezes become a coach and if it wasn´t for some bad luck, the numbers would be even more impressive. Pato needs to be used like the old Ronaldo... It´s simple, but from the Allegri interview I read here, it will not happen. Shame
Brasileiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 21:26   #85
Siregar

Quote:

I really "hate" Van Bommel antics on the field, and was against his purchase, but the guy was great today. A HUGE improvement over that one-dimensional Gattuso. Our team would be 10000x better if Allegri replaced Gattuso with Van Bommel. But I´m being naive now...

It´s not coincidence the numbers Pato is puting since Menezes become a coach and if it wasn´t for some bad luck, the numbers would be even more impressive. Pato needs to be used like the old Ronaldo... It´s simple, but from the Allegri interview I read here, it will not happen. Shame:(
Yeah, the bold part confuses me too. I don't know if what Allegri means that Pato did good job by helping to defend or Allegri just likes Pato playing wide and far from FK?

I don't know if Pato plays like that (wide, sided, dropped too far) is what Allegri wants or is it Pato that wants to play like that. Pato can help to defend and track back or go sided and wide when we are being attacked but he shouldn't stay there when we are attacking.
Old 26-01-2011, 21:30   #86
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

It´s not coincidence the numbers Pato is puting since Menezes become a coach and if it wasn´t for some bad luck, the numbers would be even more impressive. Pato needs to be used like the old Ronaldo... It´s simple, but from the Allegri interview I read here, it will not happen. Shame
This is why I criticize Allegri..

It's obvious Ibrahimovic wishes to play 2nd Striker off of a Penalty Box Striker (ie Pato).. Pato also wishes to play on the last defender, using his speed and finishing ability....

If Allegri doesn't make this work and Pato leaves.. I will blame Allegri!
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 21:34   #87
Siregar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
This is why I criticize Allegri..

It's obvious Ibrahimovic wishes to play 2nd Striker off of a Penalty Box Striker (ie Pato).. Pato also wishes to play on the last defender, using his speed and finishing ability....

If Allegri doesn't make this work and Pato leaves.. I will blame Allegri!
Well, I am not sure it is Allegri who really wants it since Pato under Carlo also liked to play wide or sided (but lack of tracked back or pressing the opponent). There is strange if Allegri wants that Pato played far away from PK since Pato was our target man and Robinho our second striker.
Old 26-01-2011, 23:15   #88
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
Well, I am not sure it is Allegri who really wants it since Pato under Carlo also liked to play wide or sided (but lack of tracked back or pressing the opponent). There is strange if Allegri wants that Pato played far away from PK since Pato was our target man and Robinho our second striker.
I can't find it now, but I've read and heard several times that Carlo Ancelotti said last year when Leonardo deployed the 4-3-3 that when he (Carlo) coached Milan he asked Pato to "play wide" the way Leonardo had done and he didn't want to as he preferred to play as striker....

Brasileiro do you remember this?
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 02:28   #89
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
Where is Hitmannq when you need him?
Fear not I am here brother ....

but this is what's annoying about most Milan fans, Pato plays 3 games like utter crap, and now he plays only one half like the player we all used to know, and now he's the next Ronaldo.... did you guys even see the second half today how TERRIBLE Pato was? I think he lost almost every ball he got and screwed up a number of chances, and that was only when he was involved, the rest of the time he was invisible. It is not normal for a player to play so incredibly good in the first half and so incredibly bad in the second half. But obviously, most of you will blame Allegri and saying the formation doesn't suit Pato in the second half

Credit must be given when it's due, and so must the criticism. All I ask is that for most users here to stop being so extremely biased towards Pato and with that attitude, the kid will never mature if he is never told what's right and what's wrong...thankfully Allegri and his team mates agree with me. The problem is the kid's mentality and character, he still has yet to mature and looks like he will take longer than we all had hoped for.

And I never said sell Pato at all costs, I was saying if we get an offer of 70million pounds I would most definitely take it because with that money I can buy an entire team of players - starting off with a player that's better than Pato ---> Neymar. After his first season here, I wouldn't have taken it as I thought he could be the next Fenomeno in a year or two...now I don't think it will happen with his current progress.

Pato should still be the fourth choice behind Cassano and Pato until he improves his consistency. The talent is definitely there and the numbers are on his side, however he must work as hard as he did and keep his concentration up ALL THE TIME like the first half and not the second half.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 02:30   #90
kastriot

Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
I can't find it now, but I've read and heard several times that Carlo Ancelotti said last year when Leonardo deployed the 4-3-3 that when he (Carlo) coached Milan he asked Pato to "play wide" the way Leonardo had done and he didn't want to as he preferred to play as striker....

Brasileiro do you remember this?
I remember this.

Don`t make a big deal out of this, if we want Pato to be a great player than he needs to be complete, playing him bit wider(He is a SS now not RW as he was last year) will only help him grow.

Sheva was managed the same, and he became the most complete player I have ever seen. He was a great dribler playing from right or leftat first than he put some muscles as started to play more of a SS, than later he used to play loan striker with Rivaldo and Rui behind. And he turned out to be great.

So there is no harm in Pato playing wider. Even more so that these days in modern football there is no fixed positions. As time will go he will learn to swap positions with Ibra during one game. The unpredictably will make us deadly going forward.