AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

Old 09-02-2004, 13:14   #1
RIO

Fave Players: the Under-12s
RIO is on a distinguished road
Some Questions Regarding Seeing Milan Play

It looks like I will be in Europe from May 9th thru June 4th, traveling around Italy, Holland, Belgium etc. and I'd, of course, like to see a Milan match live. I am pretty sure that Milan play Brescia (I think its Brescia) on Sunday May 16th. So I have few questions to those who've attended a match before:
First if all, is this a home match (I am assuming, since I think we played Brescia at their place already)? Around what time in the day would the match be played?
How to get tickets? How much in general do tickets cost?
Easiest way to get to the San Siro (I assume I will be taking a train from Rome)?
Best seats to buy, without going totally broke?
Any halfway decent not terribly expensice hotels in the area?

Thanks for any help you all can give me in this matter. I would be pretty disappointed if I was Italy and didn't do everything I could to see Milan play a match live and in person.

RIO
Old 09-02-2004, 15:55   #2
Billy_Montreal

Fave Players: The Ministry of Defence: Paolo, Billy, Sandro
Billy_Montreal is on a distinguished road
Giovanni is probably the best person to answer these questions: damn him
Giovanni ...........

RIO: Don't forget your camera! We are counting on you to live vicariously through your experience at San Siro!
Old 10-02-2004, 01:51   #3
Giovanni

Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
I will asnwer with many details very soon..
Old 10-02-2004, 02:07   #4
kris
Jedi Master

Fave Players: Past, present and future Milan players
kris is on a distinguished road
Hyai Heather.

How dare you travel to europe without noticing me first and without visiting the central "can't miss" place of Luleå, Sweden?

As for Milano, get a map with the metro and bus routes marked, with that you can't go wrong there. to make it better, you pay for tickets for one hour or one day (cheap) and can use that ticket for both the buses, metro and city trains. San Siro is located in the north-west part of Milano and the only way to get there (except walking) is by bus, there is many overcrowded buses going there.

As for match ticket prices, I would suggest you look at the official site, don't they have their online booking there still? Then you can check prices for the different sections. opinions differ on which places are the best.

Are you going to meet up with ... that communist colleberator in Belgium?
Old 10-02-2004, 04:39   #5
Giovanni

Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
The closest metro stop is Lotto Station..from there u can catch a bus and go till San Siro.u will see many people still in the metro with scarfs and red and black stuffs..just seek them.

U can reach Lotto Station from the central line, from the Duomo for sure..

For tickets: it's better for u to find tickets before, but if u don't find them go in the San Siro area and u will find loads of them on the black market.
Anyway u can look for them at the Milan Points around Milano.

If u look for a quiet place, go in the second orange ring (secondo anello arancio)

If u look for a close view of our heroes..go to First ring (primo anello)..choose among green (not very cool, near away supporters as well, but u will take great pics of Curva Sud on the other side of the stadium), red (very expensive, u can see many vips, maybe u will be sitted near El Berluska), blue (just under the Curva Sud, great views and atmosphere from the near Curva)

If u wanna be in the heart of our supporters and maybe take part to coreography go to Second Blue Ring (secondo anello blu, or Sud)

The cheaper places are at third ring, but i suppose u want to see very well...anyway the best place at third ring is the Red Ring.

If u attend at some derby or important match, remember that it's an Italian costume to get into the stadium very early, at least one hour before the kick start, and in these important matches even 2/3 hours before (if u go to Curva Sud)

If u have other questions, ask.
Cheers
Old 10-02-2004, 05:06   #6
kris
Jedi Master

Fave Players: Past, present and future Milan players
kris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Giovanni
If u attend at some derby or important match, remember that it's an Italian costume to get into the stadium very early, at least one hour before the kick start, and in these important matches even 2/3 hours before (if u go to Curva Sud)
It is spelled custom if you where not talking about something to wear.

Be in good time anyway, what takes time is to get there and I bet you would like to look around the little shops and food vendors around the stadium before the match. The lines to wait to go into the stadium is not that long and that part takes little or no time.

I got to see the serie A debut of Redondo, hopefully you will get to see something as exciting...

Or maybe I will go there and watch with you, I still have some plans to go down and see a game, depending on various circumstances.
Old 10-02-2004, 06:00   #7
Giovanni

Quote:
Originally posted by kris
It is spelled custom if you where not talking about something to wear.

yes, i confuse it because in Italian we use the same word for the usual behavior and for the thing u dress.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:40   #8
RIO

Thank you Giovanni. I will be working on planning the trip in the coming weeks and may yet ask a few more questions.
Kris, I'll go to Sweden next time. If you are going to be there in Milan, just let me know. By that point I will probably be happy to see someone I "know", since I am sure that my limited skill at Italian (learned from my grandmother, so it's all orders) won't get me far. And well, of course, I will probably be experiencing some Communist central planning hopefully. You know, if the boss central planner will show me around town.

RIO
Old 10-02-2004, 14:46   #9
Giovanni

One question:where are u from?
Old 10-02-2004, 22:14   #10
RIO

Me, I'm from San Francisco, California, USA. My great grandparents were from Lucca and Bologna, though.

RIO
Old 13-02-2004, 13:44   #11
Tim

Tim
Have fun, Heather. Don't forget the camera for all the rest of the places you will be visiting.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2004, 15:15   #12
Giovanni

Quote:
Originally posted by RIO
My great grandparents were from Lucca and Bologna, though.
RIO
Can we speak in italian, lady?
Old 13-02-2004, 15:20   #13
RIO

My mom can, but mine is limited to simple phrases that my late grandmother used to yell at me like 'che commandaque!' However, I can read Italian pretty well with some effort. I will be working on it before I leave though, but I doubt I'll ever be able to understand Romans...

RIO
Old 13-02-2004, 15:22   #14
Giovanni

Heather quanti anni hai?
Old 13-02-2004, 15:27   #15
RIO

Much older than you, I am sure! You're not supposed to ask a lady her age...but needless to say, I was born long ago in the early 1970s.

RIO