Notices

Closed Thread

Old 25-08-2006, 07:34   #16
Brasileiro

Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK
I really wish we would just use the money we might offer Betis to try and get Suazo, they have to be a similar price ... plus Suazo is Serie A experienced.
Of course this has that to be considered, but Gilla experience in Serie A was not expressed in Milan
Oliveira is a good player, nothing spetacular, but has an important characteristic, besides to be a CF, can create his own shot...

Last edited by Brasileiro; 25-08-2006 at 07:47.
Old 25-08-2006, 07:37   #17
Graeme C

Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
at this moment, Iaquinta deal has to be the favourite....
Old 25-08-2006, 07:46   #18
Billy1969
BANNED!

Fave Players: Van Basten, Savicevic, Boban, Gattuso, Maldini
Billy1969 is on a distinguished road
Oliveira > Iaquinta about 5 times. Only thing in favour of Iaquinta is his pace. All the rest like skill, shooting, ball control, dribbling, endurance, ... are in favour of Oliveira. Both are injury prone though.

Last season he scored 22 goals for Betis and some matches he played only 20-30 mins as a sub.

With Milan's midfield > Betis midfield for ball supplies he could make more. Of course he scored those 22 in La Liga and Spain Cup matches but also 3 in CL, the big mistery is if he will get this rendement in Serie A.

In all he's a good signing considering we are at the end of transfer season and there aren't any options left.

My dream signing Tevez is ohw to Rennes for a year and then to Chelsea according to latest reports.
Old 25-08-2006, 07:47   #19
Maltese Charlie

Fave Players: all milan players
Maltese Charlie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme C
Oliveira could just be another sobis rumour.....
It can be, but I don't think so, as time is very short now.
Anyway, if Milan sign Oliveira, he will take the place of Amoruso and not Scheva's

(at least that what I read early this morning on La Gazzetta.)

Last edited by Maltese Charlie; 25-08-2006 at 07:51.
Old 25-08-2006, 07:50   #20
zlatanov

Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
On calciomercato it talks about the notice on the official site and then says that Betis want 18 million euros (around £12 million) and we've offered 10 million euros (around £6.5 million)

Suazo must surely have an EU passport, if not he must be close to getting one as he's been in Italy for quite a few years. Isn't it after 5 years you get citizenship ?
don't know, Jim ... each country has dif period or residence before a passport is given. In most cases, I believe it's indeed 5 years, but not always. As for Suazo, I just chesked on the net and he's been with Cagliari since the '99-'00 season, so yeah, if it takes 5 years to get an Italian passport, he should have one by now.
As for Oliveira, to be honest, I don' think I have ever watched the guy play ... I often hear the name "Oliveira" but I am not sure when it was this one and when it was another "Oliveira" they were referring to ... which is eactly why this move is complete surprise tome - Braida did kep his word, didn't he - so, I am basically relying on that Milan management knows what they are doing
I am also keeping fingers crossed that since Oliveira is a relatively unknown name and won't be too expensive, Milan would go for another forward too - Suazo maybe - since it looks a bit like a gamble to me to start a season with hope that Oliveira would fill the gap that Sheva left behind. And also, by not splashing too much of a single forward, we will probably have more moneys left for a midfielder or two and a defender or two ... and maybe a GK from a certain Serie B side
Old 25-08-2006, 07:56   #21
'M'

Fave Players: Sheva, Gattuso, Maldini, Pirlo, Zidane, Beckham
'M' is on a distinguished road
I thought it was after 6 years for citizenship.

Forza Sheva !!

Sheva, we miss you !

But anyway, with or without you, Milan is still top of the world !
Godspeed, Andriy, but don't hope for no Champion's League, for that will be ours to win for the next years !
Old 25-08-2006, 08:01   #22
zlatanov

Quote:
Originally Posted by M
I thought it was after 6 years for citizenship.
this could indeed be the case in Italy but even then Suazo should be able to get a citizenship because he came to cagliari for the 1999-2000 season ... that's more that's 7 years ago.
Old 25-08-2006, 08:15   #23
Jim_UK

Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
If Oliveira is to be our forward then i guess that's ok if he's replacing Amoroso. Hopefully our management don't see him as the man to score the goals Shevchenko did.
Old 25-08-2006, 08:43   #24
Rick

Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
this could indeed be the case in Italy but even then Suazo should be able to get a citizenship because he came to cagliari for the 1999-2000 season ... that's more that's 7 years ago.
Suazo married a Sardinian girl last year. Doesn't that alone qualify him?

As for Oliveira, this was on Yahoo:

Quote:
AC Milan bid for Betis striker Oliveira

AC Milan have made a 10 million euro (12.7 million dollar) bid for Real Betis striker Ricardo Oliveira.

The Gazzetta dello Sport on Friday said AC Milan officials were in Seville on Thursday to make their offer for the 26-year-old Brazil international.

The Milan officials were already in Spain trying to complete the signing of Ronaldo from Real Madrid, but talks between the two clubs have stalled.

The Gazzetta said AC Milan will still try to land Ronaldo even if they are successful in capturing Oliveira.

Oliveira was a Spanish league winner with Valencia in 2003 and moved to Betis the following year.

Last year he was loaned out to Brazilian side Sao Paolo after knee surgery.

He has scored four goals in 11 appearances for Brazil.

Oliveira helped Brazil win the Copa America in 2004 and the Confederations Cup in 2005, but he was not included in this year's World Cup squad.
Personally, I've always liked Oliveira. He's a proven goalscorer, does a lot of things well and would be a fine addition to the squad. I know many posters here like to bash whoever Milan is about to sign because they're not as good as Shevchenko, but we really have to move on. Nobody we sign will be as good as Shevchenko. We just need to find a good player to take his place and continue to improve the whole squad. Oliveira would fit into that plan very well.
Old 25-08-2006, 08:51   #25
peters

peters is on a distinguished road
I like oliveira much more than ronaldo or iaquinta and i think he's fine enough to fit in out squat to replace sheva. He may not be as good as him, but he'll fill the gap just fine. With some luck we can get a hot goalscorer in him.

That said, i doubt berlu will please me
Old 25-08-2006, 08:51   #26
Jim_UK

How is he a proven goal scorer ? Has he done well in the CL ? Has he played in Italy ? No is the answer to both of these questions.

And before anyone jumps on their high horse i'm not bashing him i'm asking a question.

I think we're all aware that we won't be able to replace Shevchenko.
Old 25-08-2006, 08:53   #27
zafrul

zafrul
Are we losing our appeal?

I see other clubs easily signing players... Hell, even Valencia seems to be more active and successful in the transfer market.

I guess we will need to wait before a few disaster seasons before we see a Rui or Nesta type signing.

Oliveira? If we were Roma then i would be happy.

I guess we're not the same Milan anymore.
Old 25-08-2006, 09:09   #28
zlatanov

here are some clips of Ricardo Goliveira :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsAtO8SFnOY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGsmVJXTqm0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e33Qbu4j1b8

and this is why we go for Brazilians :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN245...elated&search=
Old 25-08-2006, 09:11   #29
Jim_UK

Puntastic Zlatanov
Old 25-08-2006, 09:12   #30
Rick

Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
How is he a proven goal scorer ? Has he done well in the CL ? Has he played in Italy ? No is the answer to both of these questions.

And before anyone jumps on their high horse i'm not bashing him i'm asking a question.

I think we're all aware that we won't be able to replace Shevchenko.
Well, two years ago he scored 23 goals for Betis in la Liga. He had always been a top goalscorer in Brazil and had eight goals in his 21 games at Valencia, including a fantastic goal against Barcelona. As for the Champions League, his season was shortened because of his injury last year against Chelsea, but in five CL games he scored three goals. So I'd say he has certainly proven himself as a goalscorer and although his history in the Champions League is not a long one, he has done quite well in the opportunities he's had.

As for the question of having played in Italy, obviously he hasn't. But then again, neither have Tevez, Torres or any number of other strikers who might do just fine if they did.

Last edited by Rick; 25-08-2006 at 09:43.
Closed Thread