Go Back   AC Milan Forums > MilanMania > MM Contributors

Notices

Old 18-01-2007, 15:58   #1
Debs
Administrator

Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough
solutions, anyone??

Rez tells me he has to continually remind people about sending in promised payments. This gets old, folks, I can tell you that from experience. I'm gettign tired of having to preach aobut this, b/c for some reason people pretend to react then let it blow over, always thinking that "someone" will pick up the slack. Someone actually does, but it's no more fair to let this person carry the brunt of our costs than it was when that fell to me.

Once again (I sigh) I'll take this to the members. Once again people will ask the usual questions--about the server and about how to send payments--and once again little will actually happen. So I put it first to those of you who are listed as contributors and can read this forum: what are our options?

Option 1 would seem to be find a cheaper server. Rez has looked over specs of some places and he's not comfortable with a cheaper solution yet. Maybe I should say what he's found so far simply does not meet our needs. Of course we'll keep looking, but he says that maybe sooner or later we are going to have to bite the bullet, move to a cheaper solution and deal with a slow forum, error messages and so on.

Option 2 is to find more contributors. Once again tho, please don't ask how many! The number is what will determine how much we each have to pay, I've stated that over and over. We have contributors now, as long as Rez prods, but we're still falling short and having to ask "someone else" to cover our asses. So here's where we really need some input or action or something!

Option 3 is to close. I've been harping and nagging about the $$ problem for 2 years now, or almost 2 years now I think. Little has improved. Oh, I'm no longer sinking $100 to $150 into this every month, thank the good Lord. I have my bill for the new roof on my house sitting on my kitchen table, I need $9,000 to pay that off so it's a relief to me not to have the huge chunks of cash going into the site. But it is comingout of someone's pocket, and how long wil that last? How long will that remain fair? I don't want to disband this place, but will we come to that? Why don't we all shift over to myspace and boost the hell out of the Mailan Mania group Vadim made. There's a solution....deal with myspace and how unreliable that is. I'm only half being sarcastic; it's free and those groups can have 1000's of members and we can post topics and have a forum.

Anyway... ...this is an ongoing issue we need to find solutions to.
Old 25-01-2007, 14:18   #2
rahul.acm

rahul.acm is on a distinguished road
I don't have any problem with the myspace option. After all, if you guys (Reza and Debs) can't enjoy this place peacefully then there is no point in burdening yourselves with the costs.