Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 13:10   #46
pirlofanusa

Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
pirlofanusa is on a distinguished road
Some gems of our player salary-
Dinho 7.5 2nd highest paid player in the league. all he is right now is a name for the most part.
Dida 4- 3rd highest paid on team. great.
Kala 3
Oddo 2.3
Janku 2
Fava 1.2
Pato 1

ok, Pato should be making more. plain and simple. second off, there are player that will make zero impact this season that take up 13-15 mil in funds. that is a quality starter.
Old 03-09-2009, 14:01   #47
Samaldinho

Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
Pato only makes a million?! That is very surprising.
Old 03-09-2009, 14:02   #48
pirlofanusa

Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
pirlofanusa is on a distinguished road
does anyone who watches a lot of Brazilian soccer have an opinion on-
Douglas Costa
Walter
Lulinha
Dentinho
Alex Diaz (Columbian)

these are supposed to be highly talented young players. anyone know about them?
Old 03-09-2009, 14:04   #49
nefremo

Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
Funny......

Santacroce only makes 0,25 mil. No wonder he would walk to "Juve".....I'm sure he'll walk to Milan as well or even run across the peninsula, keeping in mind that we pay players like Favalli, Kaladze, Oddo, Dida, Onyewu much much more.

Kjaer also makes less then a mil (0,4). Watched him this past weekend again and he seems to be getting better and better.
Old 03-09-2009, 14:05   #50
Samaldinho

Samaldinho is on a distinguished road
Santacroce makes 250k

We can quadruple his wages. He hasn't played for Napoli, is he injured? Honestly, I'd go after Giovinco, with Diego now their star, they have no place for him. I'd also grab Montolivo and see if we can't give a place to actually play to his potential.
Old 03-09-2009, 14:09   #51
Hasan Rossonero

Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirlofanusa View Post
Some gems of our player salary-
Dinho 7.5 2nd highest paid player in the league. all he is right now is a name for the most part.
Dida 4- 3rd highest paid on team. great.
Kala 3
Oddo 2.3
Janku 2
Fava 1.2
Pato 1

ok, Pato should be making more. plain and simple. second off, there are player that will make zero impact this season that take up 13-15 mil in funds. that is a quality starter.
I disagree. Given Pato's age he is making the right amount. If we pay him a large sum now, he will only demand more and more. We have to pace his salary increases.
Old 03-09-2009, 14:25   #52
nefremo

Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
Hasan, I don't want to say that I don't agree, because partly what you said is great and it would be good for us to pace his increase (it is inevitable that he'll be making millions very soon). BUT at the same time Pato's agents aren't stupid and they can see what the boy is becoming.

I agree that football has become crazy with these salaries and it's beyond control. BUT, it is what it is and you have to keep up with it in order to stay competitive and keep up the 'brand' (name).

So when it comes up to Pato, (and other players too for that matter), players should be payed accordingly to their performances, and commercial value (will explain why this as well). So age shouldn't really matter.....at least not when talking about a young player. If talking about an old player then yes, because evidently the performance levels will go down so long term contracts should not be given. (we have plenty of examples of this in our squad)

But what does Pato's age have to do with his salary RIGHT NOW. Yes he is young but he is not unproven. He has proven that he can score goals, improve our play and actually be our best player more then once. If he was an unproven young talent then yes I agree....but not for Pato. He is young but he has given us much more then many other players that are making tripple/quadruple of what he makes.

Also, when I mentioned commercial value (maybe some people don't agree).....I'll take Ronaldinho or Kaka as an example. These players do so much for the Milan brand (just by mentioning their name in our line-up/squad). So I don't mind Ronaldinho making as much as he does because as a matter of fact Milan will make that money back from him in commercial value. (yes even with only 25% of his rights or whatever it is) This players make so much money for the club that you kind of have no choice but to give them these salaries. Seeing at the coverage done on Pato and the popularity that he has gotten in the last year or so.......he is quickly catching up to the big stars of world football. Young or not.....it's simply ridiculous that Oddo makes more then double of what Pato makes.

So what really gets on my nerves is not Pato, or Dinho or Kaka. But how much players like Kaladze, Dida, Oddo, etc. make in this squad. It's beying belief when in fact they don't turn in the performances NOR do they have commercial value (at lest have some value in order to be making 2.5/3.5/4mil). TV coverage is not going to be in bigger demand because of ODDO. Fans do not buy Oddo's shirt and people don't become Milan fans because of Oddo. (This is something that us fanatics hate, but like it or not it happens every day because of players like Ronaldinho and Pato.......and this brings money (more fans) to Milan)

Last edited by nefremo; 03-09-2009 at 14:34.
Old 03-09-2009, 14:57   #53
Warro Bantan

Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Spaletti to be our new coach by January?
Old 03-09-2009, 15:07   #54
Gio-mania

Fave Players: Kaká, Ringhio, Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi etc
Gio-mania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
Only if we do really REALLY bad.... if we just do bad, like 6-4th, which is what some of the forum predict (not me, I think 3-4th), they will just say he needs time to build the team. But if we are like midtable, then I predict Spaletti will by our man.
Old 03-09-2009, 16:13   #55
slifersd

slifersd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
I don't agree with most of you...I think Seedorf could be our most important player this season. Just as long as he finds his motivation, and runs his socks off, I think he could be the missing piece in the puzzle. Seedorf when on form, is an extraordinary midfielder that weighs in so much on a team, tactically, physicially, morally, you name it. I didnt like Seedorf last year cause of his inconsistency...but I think Leo did him alot of good by benching him, letting him know that he's not needed. That way Seedorf is going to have to perform to win his spot.

I'm going to hope for Seedorf to be in the midfield trio, along with Pirlo and Flamini. Maybe Abate can take Pirlo's spot too and the midfield could be adjusted such that Seedorf plays in the middle.
A lot of what you are saying about Seedorf is based on the big IF that he does find his motivation back. That, however, is probably the one of the most difficult thing for a player to get back.

The fact of matter is, as players like Seedorf age, they lose a lot of their motivation because of past glories, family issues (wife, kids, parents, relatives, etc), outside activities (planning for retirement, running his own business, etc) and other things younger players do not typically deal with. It's always easier for a 20 years old to try and conquer the world than a 33 years old because the young guy has less distractions in life and is hungrier for his glory.

You can train your butt off to get your body back in shape, but there is not a lot that you can do to change yourself mentally. With his resume and salary, why would Seedorf still care about starting for a team that isn't going anywhere anyway? The decline of a lot of older players has to do with their mentality and passion for the game rather than physical capabilities. And that is why this team is having so much issues right now maintaining a high level of play. Players like Seedorf, Ronaldinho and Pirlo are supposed to play crucial roles but instead they have shifted their attention somewhere else and stopped caring about getting better and playing well.
Old 03-09-2009, 16:39   #56
Rossoneri Fuego

Fave Players: Nesta R80 Beckham Rino
Rossoneri Fuego is on a distinguished road
personally id love to see abate play but what midfield would we use?, is gattuso really that bad now? is pirlo garbage? can abate be that goal scorer THAT WE'RE DYING TO GET IN MIDFIELD!? its tough idk i have a feeling leonardo will get sacked in january he will do OK but nothing special i think WE SHOULD NOT PLAY A 4-1-2-1-2 we dont have enough speed on the wings and we're not as strong so what do i suggest? use 4-2-3-1?

-------Abbiati------------

Antonini Silva Nesta Bale - please god make this happen

Flamini------Rino-------

Pato---------Pirlo?--------

-------R80----------------

-------Klass---------------

i think this would work my worries is will pato get pushed around too much? does R80 make us vuernable in midfield is pirlo washed up? i have no doubt in klass hes 6 2 height wise hes a big boy i trust him (no homo)
Old 03-09-2009, 16:54   #57
curki

Fave Players: Kaka', Seedorf, Pato, Borriello
curki is on a distinguished road
Well, I know about one team that will buy less than us...

http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090904/L13R1922SS.jpg

At least Ancelotti will think he's coaching Milan again
Old 03-09-2009, 20:17   #58
Rossoneri Fuego

Fave Players: Nesta R80 Beckham Rino
Rossoneri Fuego is on a distinguished road
yea you herd about that? they'll end up becoming worst than us lolol
Old 03-09-2009, 20:25   #59
Christian

Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Nesta, Pippo, Maldini, etc.
Christian is on a distinguished road
About the wages, it's not really a matter off what a player deserves to earn. For the club it's a matter off how little we can pay the players and still keep them playing for the club.

It's really a game between the players and agents and the clubs. It's rediculess that people blame someone like Pato for bringing the posibility off leaving the club on the table, because in reality it's the only leverage that he has. It's only natural that an older player earns more than a younger player, because if you're good (good enough to play for Milan), then if we're interested, then there'll also be other clubs interested, which will inflate the saleries. Again it really has nothing to do with justice, so please stop with the 'who deserves to earn what'.

About Seedorf, last season he was terrible to say the least, but I think a lot of that had to do with him playing as a Trequartista. He's always been excellent at keeping the ball, and always been good tactically, even last season, but on top of playing a position that he really doesn't work very well as, he seemed to lack motivation completly.

That being said, in the friendlies and latest against Inter, he's been playing really well. He's still impossible to get the ball off, and he seems to have an excellent understanding off playing with Ronaldinho in particular. I think, that against Livorno he should be playing in the midfield with Flamini and Pirlo. Abate is ofcourse an option aswell, but he's really a completly different player, and definetly could be an option aswell. But please don't think that Seedorf should play instead of Ronaldinho or that we should play the x-mas tree, because we really get the most out of Ronaldinho if he plays a bit further back, like Rui Costa and NOT Kaká.
Old 03-09-2009, 20:27   #60
HO-YOUNG

Fave Players: Kaka, Albertini, Serginho, Maldini, Rivaldo
HO-YOUNG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
food for thought Warro...
i have found the whores... now i need Mr. B's address to giv them...