AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

Old 03-04-2010, 10:58   #1
Dutchie-Milan

Fave Players: Gattuso,Huntelaar,Nesta and Abbiati
Dutchie-Milan is on a distinguished road
Milan-Catania Sunday 15:00

Second thread in a row i am opening,first one was a win,lets see if i can keep up the luck.
Dutchie-Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:24   #2
Dutchie-Milan

Fave Players: Gattuso,Huntelaar,Nesta and Abbiati
Dutchie-Milan is on a distinguished road
WOOOOOOOOOW you guys are boring,no wonder i left this forum,still no reactions....SNOREFEST
Dutchie-Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 14:19   #3
Kaka1899

Fave Players: Kaką, Andrea Pirlo and Paolo Maldini
Kaka1899 is on a distinguished road
thats not really going to encourage us to post but whatever, i hope we can get a win and keep the pressure on Roma who are playing Atalanta, we have to sercure 3rd place at least due to the chances of Germany taking our 4th place CL spot, which leads me onto if the 4th place goes to Germany does this mean we gain an extra Europa League place or do we lose a Europa League place as well?

San Paolo 600 Serie A Appearances Living Legend Grazie Paolo!

Heroes Are Remembered
Legends Live Forever
San Paolo
Kaka1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 15:16   #4
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka1899 View Post
thats not really going to encourage us to post but whatever, i hope we can get a win and keep the pressure on Roma who are playing Atalanta, we have to sercure 3rd place at least due to the chances of Germany taking our 4th place CL spot, which leads me onto if the 4th place goes to Germany does this mean we gain an extra Europa League place or do we lose a Europa League place as well?
?
Germany will probably take the 4th spot, yes, but not next year, because everything is already over for next year (it was "decided" last year, the end of this season will decide, not next year spots but the following season spots, so this year has only an influence on the 2011-2012 season, not 2010-2011).

Dutchie, before saying the forum is boring, make longer posts, it will be more interesting to read ...

Difficult game against one of the most in form teams of Serie A, Catania, I think we will do it, but a draw wouldn't surprise me there.
(I could cut and paste what I posted at the end of the Cagliari game topic, but I will just put the link: http://www.milanmania.com/forums/sho...&postcount=106)

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 23:13   #5
nefremo

Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
Inter is playing against Fiorentina away. There is a very good chance that they will drop points. UNLESS....you believe in conspiracy theories and say that:
1. Vilola is 6 points off 4th spot and 95% they will miss out on it.
2. So because of #1, Viola's best chances for Europe are through the Europa League (5th and 6th or the TIM Cup)
3. So because of #2, Viola gives Inter the points in return for a gift form Inter in the TIM Cup semifinal
4. So because of #3, Fiorentina doubles its chances of making it to the Europa League via the cup and the league

There's something to make the thread livelier.

Anyhow, this will be a tough game for us because of obvious reasons. The same ones that Geo mentioned. Catania is in great form AND they need about 6 or 7 points to be clear and completely safe of relegation (the way things look).

But like I said....Inter has a very tough game away and I (leaving the conspiracy behind) believe that Fiorentina HAS to win this game if they will have any hope of keeping pace with the Europa League spots. (I don't think they have a realistic chance of the CL.....they dropped way to many points)

Roma is also playing against Atalanta.....a team that simply has to keep winning (or the least come out with a draw in this game)if they want to stay in the top flight. So this will be a very tough game for Roma as well. These relegation fighting teams are the worst ones to play at the end of the season.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:24   #6
mzk57

Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Dutchie, before saying the forum is boring, make longer posts, it will be more interesting to read ...

Difficult game against one of the most in form teams of Serie A, Catania, I think we will do it, but a draw wouldn't surprise me there.
(I could cut and paste what I posted at the end of the Cagliari game topic, but I will just put the link: http://www.milanmania.com/forums/sho...&postcount=106)
You can not CUT paste it, you can only COPY paste it on forums. And sorry for the short post

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:35   #7
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Looking at the final run-in of games of the top 3 contenders for Serie A, we definitely have a harder schedule than the rest by MILES.

We play Palermo, Sampdoria and Genoa all away and Juventus at home at the last day, whilst on the last day Inter play already relegated Siena, and Roma play Chievo who are playing for nothing at all.

Those 3 games we recently didnt win in are the ones that lost us the Serie A, not the next 4 games.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:45   #8
Nalx

Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzk57 View Post
You can not CUT paste it, you can only COPY paste it on forums. And sorry for the short post
Much ado about nothing. Just like this reply of mine. Haha.

Anyway Maxi Lopez recently said he'd love to score against us though he admitted he'd love to join us. Didn't we also after him several years ago but he picked Barca instead? Sorry Maxi, you had had your chance. Call us again when you're 34
Old 06-04-2010, 07:24   #9
tim_milan

Fave Players: baresi,maldini,nesta and van basten
tim_milan is on a distinguished road
[quote=hitmannq8;566969]Looking at the final run-in of games of the top 3 contenders for Serie A, we definitely have a harder schedule than the rest by MILES.

We play Palermo, Sampdoria and Genoa all away and Juventus at home at the last day, whilst on the last day Inter play already relegated Siena, and Roma play Chievo who are playing for nothing at all.

Those 3 games we recently didnt win in are the ones that lost us the Serie A, not the next 4 games.[/QUOTE]

True. But u never know. And considering the start that we have had to the season i dont think anyone in here would have even imagined of a finish like this. So just keeping my fingers crossed.

Its not going to be easy for Inter from here on and i really dont see em winning the Scudetto this year especially if they want to show emselves in the CL. And if by any chance Inter do the treble this year, ill fukin sucide(which is not going to happen). So i guess its either Milan or Roma.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:55   #10
Aficio

Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Actually, I want CSKA eliminate Inter and Bayern at least advance on par with Inter.

UEFA coeficient after this season will be valid in 11/12, not 10/11 (next season) (1)

Our chance to win Scudetto is very small but the CL spot for next year is almost secured. We have +12 distant with 4th now. (2)

(1) and (2) mean we have the chance to play and earn money in CL next year and must invest to be competitive in Serie A to secure CL spot the year after (when there'd be only 3 spots).

About Catania. Mihajlovic makes this team a very tough opponent. However, away from Sicilia, they can't maintain good form. 5 recent away matches resulted 1 win, 2 draws, 2 losts. With concentration, we can win them in San Siro:

------------------------Dida--------------------------
--Abate--------Fava--------Silva----------Anto--
-----------Pirlo---------------------Ambro----------
-----------------------Seedorf-----------------------
---------------------------------------Dinho---------
--Hunter---------------Borri------------------------

Borri can't dance in Catania's defense like Cagliari, the connection between him and Seedorf may be cut, but we still have Dinho & Hunter. They cant stop all four of them.

I expect a win.

Forza Milan!!!
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 13:11   #11
shegs

Fave Players: Shevchenko, Ronaldo and Bergkamp.
shegs is on a distinguished road
To those of you that want others to not complain about our recent bad results.
Sure at the start of the season, a 4th place finish would have been good for some fans, great even. Bt the team turned a new leaf and starting getting results whilst playing some good football along the way. The effect was increased optimism in the fans. We had no reason to be optimistic, didn't even ask for one, bt the team gave us many reasons to believe in them. And now that the unexpected title is in our grasp, the team has begun to falter. How can we not complain?
We have to win this match. 1-0, by penalty, or own goal, or scrambled goal is all we need. A decent performance would be nice. Scoring some goals would be nice too, bt at this stage, the 3 points is all that matters, so pls get the result. Forza Milan!
Old 06-04-2010, 15:05   #12
LebRN

Fave Players: Nesta, Pato, Thiago Silva, Flamini
LebRN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalx View Post
.... Sorry Maxi, you had had your chance. Call us again when you're 34
don't worry we'll be calling him...unless we still have Inzaghi on our payroll by then

as for Catania and our remaining matches, i think the stats provided by Geo in the Cagliari thread are pretty interesting because it seems the 3 matches that were supposed to be easier on paper (Catania, Sampdoria, & Palermo) will be tougher than the last 3 ones (Fiorentina, Genoa, & Juve).

anyway, i 2 am expecting a win and i think we will get one and by more than 1 goal

any updates from the hospital????
LebRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 22:12   #13
Codino

Fave Players: Van Basten, Baggio
Codino is on a distinguished road
is bonera out for the rest of the season? or is favalli going to lead us to glory
Old 07-04-2010, 00:07   #14
edysupriadi

Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pippo, Cantona, Kaka
edysupriadi is on a distinguished road
tricky game ahead though we're playing at home.. based on his performance vs Cagliari, I would like to see Hunter play from 1' until 90' + injury time..
edysupriadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:50   #15
Aficio

Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
So Borri is injured but we suffer from the lack of right winger again, oh, if Cacau was here

Dinho glues himself on the left, Seedorf tends to move left, we deeply need a player through the right.
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote