Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

Old 17-01-2011, 11:13   #151
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Thats the problem, tactical over gut instinct. For crying out loud, Allegri should take some risk instead of playing it safe. He did that with Bonera playing as CB and LB, really can't see why he would not play Cassano as ACM from the start. Or play Strasser or Merkel.
Most Italian managers will favour the tactical decisions, even if at times it seems baffling. I wouldn't call Bonera a tactical choice though, I really don't understand his reasoning there other than he probably feels there are no better options.

Cassano isn't fit to play from the start, and therefore is being used as an impact sub for now(to great effect too). In this particular match, I think Allegri could have done something about Seedorf, but I'm merely saying I feel he tried to make the right choice which was sensible and not one I'd necessarily argue with in the situation.

Allegri isn't our only problem (I'd argue he plays a minimal part atm) and the reason we drew. Why were Nesta, Seedorf, Flamini, Pato and to some extent Ambro all so bad? More importantly, when taking the lead it's natural to consolidate the lead by maintaining control in the match. However, I was shocked at the number of times our midfield was caught out of position with Lecce attacking. After scoring, I really don't see why someone like Rino is pushing forward so much when he's a destroyer.

We need to regain our discipline on the pitch from next week onwards. Our lack of defensive discipline of late is what has hurt us and this is key to our season successes so far. When we regain this element of our game, our confidence will automatically rise again.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 13:27   #152
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Max Allegri is not the coach I thought he was. He's seen as attacking, high pressure and playing high up the field, but I don't see that. If he wanted to do that, and his players refuse to, they should be SUBBED immediately.

Seedorf playing 90 mins over and over is mind-boggling. If Merkel, Strasser or anyone else isn't better than Seedorf at this point, they should be Sold. I hate to be this harsh, but these mistakes may end up costing us the Scudetto, and I hope it doesnt, but I just don't understand some of the moves or lack of moves that Allegri makes.

I agree with most, Strasser for Flamini, Cassano for Seedorf:

-------Ibra-----Pato---------
----------Cassano---------
Strasser----------Gattuso
---------Ambrosini-----------

I know Pato did not do very well, but that's also because Seedorf gives ZERO distribution. I cannot remember one good pass, and like someone else on the forum said, Pato, Abate, Ibra were actually AVOIDING passing to Seedorf, as if it's a 10 year old on the field...
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 16:56   #153
ZvonimirBoban

Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
http://translate.google.com/translat...u=milannews.it

Juventus are willing to exchange Marco Motta for Daniele Bonera and Massimiliano Allegri said NO because Daniele Bonera can play all positions in defense... LOL...yeah so can my grandma but that doesn't mean she'll do a good job....

I really think this coach is used to Cagliari players, and doesn't realize we're MILAN
Bull$hit. Juve loaned Motta from Udinese, they had no rights to offer him for an exchange, let alone by making people question their sanity by requesting him swapped with Bonera.
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2011, 02:19   #154
kastriot

Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
and like someone else on the forum said, Pato, Abate, Ibra were actually AVOIDING passing to Seedorf, as if it's a 10 year old on the field...
It was me , and honestly I`m kinda confused how nobody is discussing that which is a major issue for a trequartista..and I`m even more intrigued how Allegri did not react to that,cuz as much as Seedorf deserves to be avoided, you can not do that, and i`m quit sure Alegri did not give such an order...as a result he shoould have reacted in time.

To have a glimpse of what I`m sayng...there was a moment in the second half when Cassano on the left had the ball....and seedorf on the other flank on the offside line was dead free for like 10 seconds, and he was shouting a screaming for the ball, but cassano opted to play individually and lost the ball even though he saw seedorf and should have crossed to him.
Old 18-01-2011, 03:33   #155
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Can we all stop the discussing about Stopdorf from now on, he is pure crap and Allegri's decision to keep playing him was dead wrong nomatter how you try to put it.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2011, 04:13   #156
kastriot

Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Can we all stop the discussing about Stopdorf from now on, he is pure crap and Allegri's decision to keep playing him was dead wrong nomatter how you try to put it.
Thats harsh mate, forums rules allow every members to discuss whatever they feel is important or related to to the subject/topic whenever they want.

You don`t want to be the first to violate the freedom of speech
Old 18-01-2011, 06:03   #157
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Sorry Mod, did not wish to get ban. Lets talk more about Stopdorf then, hahaha
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2011, 06:56   #158
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
We have had a bad start of year, but we're still leaders of Serie A despite that with a 4 point margin (potentially 3 points over Inter if they win their 2 games).

The team will improve for sure, I'm quite sure our winter preparation could be the cause of our bad start of January, combined with the several missing players in midfield (as physically, we didn't seem as good as before the holidays when we called our midfield a muscled one - our formation is GK-defence-muscle-fantasy, nowadays, we lack the muscles) ... We drop points, but contrarly to the previous years, we can drop points, we're 1st !!

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2011, 08:23   #159
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
With a clean sheet or two and some continuity within the side (as Geo said, we're missing many key attributes in midfield), I'm sure we'll see a return to form. We're in a delicate moment, but we're not in some sort of crisis as some might suggest.

Sacchi also commented Inter a technically a stronger squad than Milan, which I think is a fair comment. Our attack is formidable, but we are definitely a still a work in progress.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2011, 09:20   #160
OCmilano

Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
This crisis talk is a little rubbish I think. We had good enough players on the pitch and on the bench to win these games.

If inter are playing without julio, sneijder, samuel, etc and winning why shouldnt we?

Our team this year especially should be spanking these second half sides by a couple goals.
Old 18-01-2011, 17:39   #161
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCmilano View Post
This crisis talk is a little rubbish I think. We had good enough players on the pitch and on the bench to win these games.

If inter are playing without julio, sneijder, samuel, etc and winning why shouldnt we?

Our team this year especially should be spanking these second half sides by a couple goals.
With "if"s, we could make the world again (it's a French expression) ...
What I mean is that if that worked this way "the team with the best players wins", then Chelsea wouldn't struggle in England, etc ... It's sports, and by definition, it's unpredictable, the best doesn't always win, hopefully (it would be boring) !!

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 14:56   #162
OCmilano

Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
With "if"s, we could make the world again (it's a French expression) ...
What I mean is that if that worked this way "the team with the best players wins", then Chelsea wouldn't struggle in England, etc ... It's sports, and by definition, it's unpredictable, the best doesn't always win, hopefully (it would be boring) !!
Geo thats my point. We ourselves are using IF's. If pato is healthy, if r70 scores, if nesta isnt injured.

But Im saying with all these things that are going bad we should be beating more then half the teams in the seria a.

Ohhh by the way Im happy that Allegri is benching Bonera and Seedorf. I think this guy wants to win me over.