Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

Old 28-01-2011, 12:26   #16
Tony75

Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
Very interesting, but why would Vila want to do that? Genoa and Espanyol are more or less on a similar level, in fact Espanyol did very well in UEFA a few years ago (I think made the Final).

Why would a player want to leave a 5th place team in his HOME country for a 14th place team in a foreign country?
Money and adventure.
Old 28-01-2011, 14:52   #17
Kaka1899

Fave Players: Kakà, Andrea Pirlo and Paolo Maldini
Kaka1899 is on a distinguished road
"He is the perfect example of the modern footballer," Lirman says.

"He is strong, fast, powerful. A great athlete overall. Looking at him play you can instantly see his strength. When he was young he was a successful athlete before he took up football.

"Didac is a natural runner. Everyone in his family are strong sports people. His father was an athlete and his mother enjoyed skiing.

"He has excellent positional sense and his aerial play at the back and in attack is good."

The potential

Milan's prospect is one for the future considering Vila is still just 22, and he has plenty of scope for improvement, especially from a technical aspect.

"He is developing well, especially on the attacking side of his game," adds Lirman.

"He is doing the job of pushing up the flanks very well. His crosses are always very dangerous."

Thus his physical strength will be vital near the goal.

"It's strange someone like him has not yet scored," continues Lirman. "He has great aerial ability. In anycase, he is young, but the goals will arrive."

The future

There are no doubts on the value of the player, and it's little surprise he has progressed to joining one of the best clubs in the world.

"Didac is known for his work rate and he has never had a problem in working hard," says Lirman.

"He is also known for his behaviour off the pitch. He is a real professional."

Didac has already played for the Under-20 Spanish national side, and the experts in Spain are looking forward to seeing him play for the senior side - signs Galliani and Raiola have struck another gem from the vast pool of talent around Europe.

San Paolo 600 Serie A Appearances Living Legend Grazie Paolo!

Heroes Are Remembered
Legends Live Forever
San Paolo
Kaka1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 14:59   #18
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka1899 View Post

"He is strong, fast, powerful. A great athlete overall. Looking at him play you can instantly see his strength. When he was young he was a successful athlete before he took up football.

"Didac is a natural runner. Everyone in his family are strong sports people. His father was an athlete and his mother enjoyed skiing.

"He has excellent positional sense and his aerial play at the back and in attack is good."

The potential

Milan's prospect is one for the future considering Vila is still just 22, and he has plenty of scope for improvement, especially from a technical aspect.

"He is developing well, especially on the attacking side of his game," adds Lirman.

"He is doing the job of pushing up the flanks very well. His crosses are always very dangerous."

"It's strange someone like him has not yet scored," continues Lirman. "He has great aerial ability. In anycase, he is young, but the goals will arrive."

The future

There are no doubts on the value of the player, and it's little surprise he has progressed to joining one of the best clubs in the world.

"Didac is known for his work rate and he has never had a problem in working hard," says Lirman.

Didac has already played for the Under-20 Spanish national side, and the experts in Spain are looking forward to seeing him play for the senior side - signs Galliani and Raiola have struck another gem from the vast pool of talent around Europe.
Cool, we got the best LB in the world !!

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 15:30   #19
Kaka1899

Fave Players: Kakà, Andrea Pirlo and Paolo Maldini
Kaka1899 is on a distinguished road
lol maybe not the best but he does not sound half as bad as what people have been saying.

San Paolo 600 Serie A Appearances Living Legend Grazie Paolo!

Heroes Are Remembered
Legends Live Forever
San Paolo
Kaka1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 16:10   #20
Aficio

Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
This man started 12 matches (1 sub), 1 assist, 3 YCs, commited 9 fouls but suffered 17 fouls. Quite an attacking fullback.

ESPN data
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 16:30   #21
Siregar

Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka1899 View Post

The potential

The future

It's from goal right?

IMO it is better to find out the thought of La Liga fans who watch Espanyol game regularly and not fans of Espanyol (I also don't believe such comment by Espanyol fans saying that they are happy that Villac moves from Espanyol. Similar I have read also saying that Ajax fans were happy that Emmanuelson left Ajax. Next time we buy other player, the fans of the club the player plays for will be also happy ).

Hasan posted the opinion from Barca fans, kind of I like to read but I don't know if those fans watched enough games from Villac.
Old 28-01-2011, 16:53   #22
Hasan Rossonero

Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
@Siregar

One of them was a Real fan (living in Spain I believe), and the other was a Barca fan. Both of them watch La Liga every weekend, and then obsess about it during the week.

Really, though, time will tell. Let's see how he does for us. He could be a great player and do poorly for us because Serie A doesn't suit him. Or he could be really crap--I haven't seen him play. All the best to him.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 17:53   #23
Siregar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero View Post
@Siregar

One of them was a Real fan (living in Spain I believe), and the other was a Barca fan. Both of them watch La Liga every weekend, and then obsess about it during the week.

Really, though, time will tell. Let's see how he does for us. He could be a great player and do poorly for us because Serie A doesn't suit him. Or he could be really crap--I haven't seen him play. All the best to him.
Thanks Hasan for the info. It is great if we can get opinion from fans who watch the games from player we want to know especially the objective one.

Yes, I agree with you. Many factors influence how a player performs in Italy but with sufficient skill and ability and the help of Allegri, we can hope that he could really play for Spain as starter which should mean good performance from him in games with Milan.
Old 28-01-2011, 18:19   #24
Codino

Fave Players: Van Basten, Baggio
Codino is on a distinguished road
WELCOME VLADE DIVAC!

he will give us some well needed height in the backline.

http://images.ocregister.com/newsima...rs14_large.jpg

oh wait...
Old 28-01-2011, 19:21   #25
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codino View Post
WELCOME VLADE DIVAC!

he will give us some well needed height in the backline.

http://images.ocregister.com/newsima...rs14_large.jpg

oh wait...
Yea why does he have a Croatian name?? he's spanish?
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 21:38   #26
Lebanese

Fave Players: Rossonero
Lebanese is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
Yea why does he have a Croatian name?? he's spanish?

Didacus of Alcalá
Saint Didacus of Alcalá, (Latin: Sanctus Didacus Complutensis), Saint Diego, (or the more familiar ) was a lay brother of the Order of Friars Minor who died at Alcalá de Henares, Spain, November 12, 1463.

DÍDAC
Usage: Catalan
Catalan form of DIDACUS

Last edited by Lebanese; 28-01-2011 at 21:41.
Lebanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 04:45   #27
Siregar

Quote:
Saturday 29 January, 2011
Didac: 'Milan best club in Europe'

Milan’s latest new signing Didac Vila is overjoyed at joining “the best club in Europe and the side with the most trophies in the world.”
The Rossoneri completed their swoop for Espanyol star Didac on Friday and he begins training with his teammates today.

“I am very happy to be here and ready for the challenges that await me,” he told the official Milan website.

“I hope the fans will grow to love me the same way the Espanyol supporters did. I am a left-back, but feel able to play both in a defensive and offensive role.

“I think that I have joined the best club in Europe and the side with the most trophies in the world.”

Milan had been linked with Domenico Criscito of Genoa for this role, but Vice-President Adriano Galliani insisted he was always the primary target.

“We’d been tracking this player for some time and got a tip from our talent scout Andrea Valdinoci in August, when I was in Barcelona for Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

“I met the Espanyol directors and they spoke very highly of him. Now Didac will have his medical and, after registering the contract, will be available for the next game with Lazio.”

Milan are in action this evening against Catania.
So, I hope that Scout Galliani mentioned is a reliable scout!

This is Villac information (from espanyol website)

Quote:
Position Defender
Name Dídac Vilà Rosselló
Weight 74 Kg.
Height 184 cm.
Last Club Espanyol B
Date of Birth 09-06-1989
Birthplace Barcelona
Nationality Espanyola

Internacional Sub20

Campió de lliga amb el Juvenil A (2008)

2009-2010: Espanyol B
2008-2009: Espanyol B
2007-2008: Juvenil A
1999-2007: Categories inferiors RCD Espanyol
1998-1999: CE Mataró

STATS

Season Con Played Matches Goals Own goal
2010-2011 13 13 0 0 3 0 0
2009-2010 16 11 0 0 1 0 0
2008-2009 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2007-2008 No match played this season.
2006-2007 No match played this season.
2005-2006 No match played this season.
Old 29-01-2011, 05:07   #28
Aficio

Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Milan had the greatest left-back of all time, so it is sad that we haven't got a real good LB for years after Kaladze lost his speed (Zam was not so consistent, and plays better at RB).

We lack a LB who can play on his own. Antonini is not good at defense, for attack only good when Ronaldinho was around. That's why he become worse this season.

If Didac Vila can play LB like a LB should, it is still a good thing for us, the long awaited fan.
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 05:17   #29
abbeyleemaniac

abbeyleemaniac is on a distinguished road
Peppe Pancaro did great at left back both offensively and defensively. i'd be very happy with a Pancaro. solid in defence and dangerous in attack.
abbeyleemaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 05:17   #30
Siregar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficio View Post
Milan had the greatest left-back of all time, so it is sad that we haven't got a real good LB for years after Kaladze lost his speed (Zam was not so consistent, and plays better at RB).

We lack a LB who can play on his own. Antonini is not good at defense, for attack only good when Ronaldinho was around. That's why he become worse this season.

If Didac Vila can play LB like a LB should, it is still a good thing for us, the long awaited fan.
Well, now we can't have players as quality as before. If we have just decent fullbacks, I will be satisfied. Just an improved from Abate regarding offensive abilities our team would improve our team.