AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

Old 30-01-2011, 03:06   #76
will4li

Fave Players: kaka pirlo
will4li is on a distinguished road
Good idea,he will do most dirty work for emma and merkel on tuesday night.
Old 30-01-2011, 04:21   #77
Aficio

Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalx View Post
Or that we could play with 6 players and would've won the game anyway

I agree with someone here that MVB's 2nd YC was harsh especially if we look at Ledesma's (?) cynical foul on Ibra that leads to our first goal. Perhaps he was paying for Merkel whose fouls in the 1st half should've shown him the 2nd YC too.

But we won and man doesn't it feel so good. I remember the Milan derby in 2004 when we fought back from two goals down to win the match in the dying minutes thanks to Seedorf's screamer. Later on Galliani said that winning a game this way can only mean that something special was going to happen. That season we won serie A and Coppa.

I agree. The ref was right to not give Merkel the 2nd YC. And like Ibra has said: "The Scudetto is Milan to lose".

However, I am really worry about the match against Lazio, we are short of midfielders.
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 04:27   #78
Siregar

Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihan View Post
How about Papa playing DM? I know Thiago is better at passing and dribbling, but Papa should be defensively better than Janku.
It could be possible Mihan. But for DM it's not only about defensive duties, the player has to be able to pass, not just pick the ball and kick the ball away far from him either to his team or to other opponent. The player needs only has a bit creativity and tactical knowledge like Ambrosini.

For now Silva has been doing GREAT as DM. He is just our first wall when we are being attacked. He could be on the left side or on the right side.

If we have a CB in similar quality like Silva, we can think again to play with only 1 DM allowing player beside Silva a two crative-offensive midfielders (one can be a player who can defend well like Pirlo, other should be the one can press, track back and defend a bit).
Old 30-01-2011, 04:38   #79
Siregar

Quote:
Zlatan Ibrahimovic maintains “the Scudetto is ours to lose” after 10-man Milan conquered Catania.
Even if Napoli win their game this weekend, the Rossoneri will retain a four-point lead at the top of the table.

Inter defender Marco Materazzi suggested Milan were “frightened” of the Treble-winners.

“Not in my view,” replied Ibra. “The Scudetto is ours to lose. If we don’t get it wrong, then we will win.”

Ibrahimovic scored one goal and created another for Robinho, despite Mark Van Bommel’s red card.

“It seemed as if the Catania players were looking for that second yellow card. They found it, but we won with character.

“It’s a good sign for the season, as it shows we are doing everything possible to win. It was a tough game against an aggressive and gritty side.

In my view it was actually easier to play with 10 men, as that created more space for the forwards.”
So, he knew it and he wouldn't want to be affected by dirty playing from Catania. Great job Ibrahimovic!

And look at his last comment! LOL
I understand what he meant and could agree but playing 10 players was worrying. Probably that we are not yet accustomed with that!
But yes, our strikers have more spaces than we played with 11 players. If I remember correctly we have more and better chances when played with 10 player then with Bommel still on the field.
Old 30-01-2011, 05:04   #80
Aficio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
If I remember correctly we have more and better chances when played with 10 player then with Bommel still on the field.

Your memory is great, but I think the reason was we played without Cassano than Bommel

Cass held the ball too much but couldn't dribble it forward, that also made the pressure on Merkel bigger.

For next match, I don't think playing Sokratis at DM is a good solution as his passing is questionable and Lazio don't have a particular player to be marked (he played DM only to mark Messi). So I think:

------------------Silva---------------------
---Merkel/Janku------------Urby-------

Could be the setup if Rino & Flamini still can't play.

P/S: Silva the DM was the key for our recent 3 wins.
Old 30-01-2011, 05:10   #81
Siregar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficio View Post
Your memory is great, but I think the reason was we played without Cassano than Bommel

Cass held the ball too much but couldn't dribble it forward, that also made the pressure on Merkel bigger.

For next match, I don't think playing Sokratis at DM is a good solution as his passing is questionable and Lazio don't have a particular player to be marked (he played DM only to mark Messi). So I think:

------------------Silva---------------------
---Merkel/Janku------------Urby-------

Could be the setup if Rino & Flamini still can't play.

P/S: Silva the DM was the key for our recent 3 wins.
I think it is more about space we have there. Catania after Bommel sent off started to play real football (not dirty one) and to attack as and left spaces behind. We lacked player upfront but we got also benefit: more spaces.
Old 30-01-2011, 06:53   #82
Aficio

You're right, I forgot this point
Old 30-01-2011, 07:29   #83
kakacmilan best

kakacmilan best is on a distinguished road
I think that the idea of playing Silva as DM is a something that coach want to use to defend aginst Modric after that he will return to his true place.
kakacmilan best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 08:19   #84
Gio-mania

Fave Players: Kaká, Ringhio, Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi etc
Gio-mania is on a distinguished road
We showed some real character in this game. That's never a bad thing when you are in the race for the Scudetto.

Abbiati - He was never really tested, but still solid.
Bonera - I was very worried when I heard he would be starting, I was hoping for Sokratis for that role. Daniele was solid though, and when he came up to attack he even got some decent crosses in.
Yepes - Really solid. So far I can't say I've missed Nesta, at least against these smaller sides.
Thiago - Didn't let me down.
Antonini - It feels like he stepped up his game yesterday. Still not at his levels from last season, but I think he is improving.

Van Bommel - It seemed he couldn't keep up with the pace of the game, he didn't do much. I'm skeptical towards the second yellow, but he should've known better.
Ambrosini - Not at his best but he did his job. Hopefully the injury isn't too serious.
Merkel - Too nervous and seriously risked getting sent off. I think he deserved a second yellow at one point.

Robinho - He hogged the ball a bit too much at first, but nonetheless scored a goal (good for him!) and made a good assist. He ran a lot and that is good for the team.
Cassano - He is still not fully fit. You could see he had difficulties getting past players. He also hogged the ball a bit too much, although we have to admit the team was playing poorly as a whoel.
Ibra - Woke up after the red card, ran back to defend a lot and held up the ball well when we went to attack. Oh right, then he made an assist and scored. You can always count on him.

Oddo - Didn't do much but didn't make any mistakes either.
Emanuelson - Seemed a bit fatigued. Too bad he didn't see Robinho was wide open towards the end of the game, or we might've settled the game earlier.
Jankulovski - Long time no see. Not much to say about his performance.

We will definitely go into the Lazio game with high spirits, but maybe too few players. Flamini might be fit to fight, so that's good news. I would probably still play Thiago Silva as DM, but at least now we have a substitute for that position.

Someone should open a thread for the Lazio game, btw. It's soon.
Old 30-01-2011, 08:33   #85
Aficio

Inter - Palermo : 0-1 now
Old 30-01-2011, 08:38   #86
Aficio

It's 0-2 now
Old 30-01-2011, 08:41   #87
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficio View Post
Inter - Palermo : 0-1 now
Inter 0-2 Palermo now !!
Palermo is at 100%: 2 shots, 2 goals ... And Sirigu just saving his team.

Palermo could really help us there ...

And about yesterday, we played so ... oh, almost 3-0 for Palermo ... poorly, no link between midfield and attack, it seemed all our players were not very focused (Ibra was awful !!), only our defence worked more or less well !! But a win is a win, we beat Catania with 10 players, no goal conceded ... and Sirigu still saving Palermo ... yesterday, we showed a spirit of champions !! We win even when we are not good.

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 08:44   #88
Siregar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Inter 0-2 Palermo now !!
Palermo is at 100%: 2 shots, 2 goals ... And Sirigu just saving his team.

Palermo could really help us there ...

And about yesterday, we played so ... oh, almost 3-0 for Palermo ... poorly, no link between midfield and attack, it seemed all our players were not very focused (Ibra was awful !!), only our defence worked more or less well !! But a win is a win, we beat Catania with 10 players, no goal conceded ... and Sirigu still saving Palermo ... yesterday, we showed a spirit of champions !! We win even when we are not good.
Wrong thread Geo.

Pls go here: http://www.milanmania.com/forums/sho...029#post592029

We are there enjoying the result.
Old 30-01-2011, 08:56   #89
Jeff

Jeff is on a distinguished road
Just saw highlight. Inter's defense is absolutely a mess. They would have been torn apart by us.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 09:10   #90
Tony75

Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihan View Post
How about Papa playing DM? I know Thiago is better at passing and dribbling, but Papa should be defensively better than Janku.
a blind man would be better def than Janku.

Imo we should play

Oddo Papa Yepes Antonini

Merkel Silva Ambro

Robinho

Pato Ibra