AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 20:53   #61
rt9

Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
This is where agents muddy things up. Pato is making the right amount as a 20 year old youngster. Problem is his agent will be shopping him around and coming back to Milan with things like, "Real Madrid are happy to pay him 7M a year, and Pato would be quite happy to go...so will you match the salary, or shall he put in a transfer request?"

This is why players keep signing new contracts. How many new contracts did Kaka sign since he joined us?
Old 03-09-2009, 21:22   #62
Jeff

Jeff is on a distinguished road
rt9, the answer to your question is: "hell a lot".
Old 03-09-2009, 21:57   #63
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Well, the thing is that, is also show Pato or Kaka are quality players that other Clubs are willing to overpay them to get their services.

As I don't see agents of Oddo, Seedorf, Janku or Kala going to Milan and say, Real is going to offer 6mil for them.....
Old 03-09-2009, 22:18   #64
Brasileiro

Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirlofanusa View Post
does anyone who watches a lot of Brazilian soccer have an opinion on-
Douglas Costa
Walter
Lulinha
Dentinho
Alex Diaz (Columbian)

these are supposed to be highly talented young players. anyone know about them?
Pirlofan, I will give my opinion.

1- Douglas Costa: Was great(not consistent) in Brazil youth teams and in some games as professional last season. But as in Brazil NT, he need to show more consistency in Gremio first team to be a starter...worth, but not ready.

2-Walter: A poor man Adriano. Iīm not a fan of Adrianoīs game, so take what I say with a grain of salt. Only saw this guy playing in south America Championship, and he was like Etoo... Need 10 chances to score one goal. Itīs not fair to judge this boy only for the S.A. Championship, but the fact the 2 best Brazilian NT under-20 players(Giuliano and Sandro) in that championship are already starters of Inter first team, shows that Walter isnīt ready...at least yet. Also, itīs not like Inter coach(Tite) donīt play youngsters, as he promoted Marquinhos(second-striker), another youth product(and that Inter fans say is the real deal) to first-11 last week.

3- Lulinha: Is a shadow of that amazing kid he was some years ago. Until now, has show nothing at the pro level. Sure his coach didnīt help, puting him as a winger. But with the anger Corinthians fans have about him, imo a transfer for another team is the best thing for him. HUGE bet(for good or bad) for any European team wanting to buy him...

4- Dentinho: Imo Dentinho has a future in Europe. Very skilled and shows that can handle pressure. But I just think there are several better prospects than him here in Brazil...

The colombian I donīt recognize...at leaast now. Do you know his Club?
Old 03-09-2009, 22:26   #65
slifersd

slifersd is on a distinguished road
As annoying as players agents can be about the contractual demands can be, it is also a testament of the capabilities of the club management. Just because the player's agents came down and asked for a raise doesn't mean the team should just cave into their demand every time and give it to them. Lets say if Pato's agent comes in tomorrow and goes "Chelsea is willing to offer...for his service, what do you do?" All the team really have to say is that Pato has a long term contract here that he is obligated to honor and not give him the contract renewal. That is, of course, if the club management has any balls at all. As much as the team wouldn't want an unhappy player on its roster, the player would not want to be seen as a money hungry whore just as much.

This reminds me of what happened to Ribery this summer. During the entire summer, even Martians knew Ribery wanted to go to Real Madrid and ditch Bayern. What does Bayern do? Refuse to negotiate with RM and ask for an outrageous buyout fee if RM really wants to sign him that badly. At the end of the day, what happens? Ribery stayed and pleaded his loyalty to the team without a bigger contract extension. And to make Bayern happy, RM sold them Robben just so they'd be able to negotiate for a deal in the future. Now that is how you handle a player who wants to leave the club despite the club's interests. As oppose to getting down your knees and handing them a bigger contract or letting them go as they wish.
Old 03-09-2009, 22:33   #66
pirlofanusa

Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
pirlofanusa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
Pirlofan, I will give my opinion.

1- Douglas Costa: Was great(not consistent) in Brazil youth teams and in some games as professional last season. But as in Brazil NT, he need to show more consistency in Gremio first team to be a starter...worth, but not ready.

2-Walter: A poor man Adriano. Iīm not a fan of Adrianoīs game, so take what I say with a grain of salt. Only saw this guy playing in south America Championship, and he was like Etoo... Need 10 chances to score one goal. Itīs not fair to judge this boy only for the S.A. Championship, but the fact the 2 best Brazilian NT under-20 players(Giuliano and Sandro) in that championship are already starters of Inter first team, shows that Walter isnīt ready...at least yet. Also, itīs not like Inter coach(Tite) donīt play youngsters, as he promoted Marquinhos(second-striker), another youth product(and that Inter fans say is the real deal) to first-11 last week.

3- Lulinha: Is a shadow of that amazing kid he was some years ago. Until now, has show nothing at the pro level. Sure his coach didnīt help, puting him as a winger. But with the anger Corinthians fans have about him, imo a transfer for another team is the best thing for him. HUGE bet(for good or bad) for any European team wanting to buy him...

4- Dentinho: Imo Dentinho has a future in Europe. Very skilled and shows that can handle pressure. But I just think there are several better prospects than him here in Brazil...

The colombian I donīt recognize...at leaast now. Do you know his Club?
he plays for Millonarios.

thank you very much for sharing your knowledge!

what young ( sub 23/24) South American talents would you like to see in Milan?
Old 03-09-2009, 23:11   #67
Jeff

Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
Spaletti to be our new coach by January?
For some reasons I keep seeing 'Spaghetti', and maybe that's really a better option.

J
Old 03-09-2009, 23:23   #68
Ryo

Ryo is on a distinguished road
Or could it be Jeff, that you're just hungry?
Old 03-09-2009, 23:40   #69
Gabriel489

Quote:
Originally Posted by slifersd View Post
As annoying as players agents can be about the contractual demands can be, it is also a testament of the capabilities of the club management. Just because the player's agents came down and asked for a raise doesn't mean the team should just cave into their demand every time and give it to them. Lets say if Pato's agent comes in tomorrow and goes "Chelsea is willing to offer...for his service, what do you do?" All the team really have to say is that Pato has a long term contract here that he is obligated to honor and not give him the contract renewal. That is, of course, if the club management has any balls at all. As much as the team wouldn't want an unhappy player on its roster, the player would not want to be seen as a money hungry whore just as much.

This reminds me of what happened to Ribery this summer. During the entire summer, even Martians knew Ribery wanted to go to Real Madrid and ditch Bayern. What does Bayern do? Refuse to negotiate with RM and ask for an outrageous buyout fee if RM really wants to sign him that badly. At the end of the day, what happens? Ribery stayed and pleaded his loyalty to the team without a bigger contract extension. And to make Bayern happy, RM sold them Robben just so they'd be able to negotiate for a deal in the future. Now that is how you handle a player who wants to leave the club despite the club's interests. As oppose to getting down your knees and handing them a bigger contract or letting them go as they wish.
Thats so true. Same can be said about Seville on Luis and Wolfs on Dzeko.
The thing is that some people here believes having a wanting out players on the team is a bad thing....but the fact is, if that wanting out player play like crap b.c he wants to show his team that he wants out....then nobody will want him on the team in the next transfer window. As there will always be better options for teams.
Old 04-09-2009, 00:02   #70
Blacktop

Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Chelsea banned from signing new players for two years!
Wow, that's going to put a hitch in Carlo's plans.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:01   #71
Gabriel489

THe reports I read is Chelsea is banned from signing new players for two transfers period.
Which means they can sign new players in Jan 2011.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:18   #72
rt9

Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
You guys don't seem to understand. If a player threatens to ask for a transfer or "play unhappy" unless a club raises his salary, what's the club supposed to do? Raise his salary? The moment that happens, every other key player on the team will ask for a raise----the result of that? AC Milan's wage bill----that's the result of that. Clubs go bankrupt because of that. Just ask Lazio and Leeds.

Secondly, comparing Fabiano and Dzeko to players of the caliber of Kaka is wrong. Fabiano/Dzeko want to move mainly because our club is a step up from their current clubs---that's the main issue. With players like Kaka, CR9, etc---they are already at top clubs, they simply want to move to whichever club (provided it's still a top club) pays them the highest salary. This will invoke bidding wars, which in the end of the day will favour clubs with sugar daddys and clubs that have unlimited loans. And this is why there is inherent inequality in the system. Unless UEFA does something about it, the next Middle East owned club or government/bank sponsored club will just snatch all the best players from the market, with the rest left to feed on scraps--talk about a fair competition.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:23   #73
Gabriel489

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt9 View Post
You guys don't seem to understand. If a player threatens to ask for a transfer or "play unhappy" unless a club raises his salary, what's the club supposed to do? Raise his salary? The moment that happens, every other key player on the team will ask for a raise----the result of that? AC Milan's wage bill----that's the result of that. Clubs go bankrupt because of that. Just ask Lazio and Leeds.

Secondly, comparing Fabiano and Dzeko to players of the caliber of Kaka is wrong. Fabiano/Dzeko want to move mainly because our club is a step up from their current clubs---that's the main issue. With players like Kaka, CR9, etc---they are already at top clubs, they simply want to move to whichever club (provided it's still a top club) pays them the highest salary. This will invoke bidding wars, which in the end of the day will favour clubs with sugar daddys and clubs that have unlimited loans. And this is why there is inherent inequality in the system. Unless UEFA does something about it, the next Middle East owned club or government/bank sponsored club will just snatch all the best players from the market, with the rest left to feed on scraps--talk about a fair competition.
Moving to a bigger club do means better salary in most cases. As I doubt Fabiano and Dzeko would be coming to MIlan if they know they are going to pay less. If their current team is not playing in Europe, I can see why they want to play in Milan. Since their clubs will be playing in Europe, coming to Milan means a fatter paycheck.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:17   #74
Arildonardo

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Maybe we can find some cheap talented players here?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/808/aust...s-off-in-milan
Old 04-09-2009, 02:56   #75
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
According to goal.com Santon's made noises about leaving Inter in January. Not likely but maybe we can try and steal him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
Pato only makes a million?! That is very surprising.
It's not too surprising really. He was bought at 17 and was given a contract of a 1m per year immediately (amazing for a 17yr old). His contracts not changed since and he stays the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
Santacroce makes 250k

We can quadruple his wages. He hasn't played for Napoli, is he injured? Honestly, I'd go after Giovinco, with Diego now their star, they have no place for him. I'd also grab Montolivo and see if we can't give a place to actually play to his potential.
Santacroce wasn't really expected to be a starter this season after they got Campagnaro, which might explain why he's not playing.
Closed Thread