AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

Old 08-12-2010, 21:33   #46
Xudong

Xudong is on a distinguished road
Merkel was invisible though. NObody seemed willing to pass the ball to him.
Old 08-12-2010, 22:15   #47
Siregar

Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
Well prove something he did. I'm glad he decided to use the opportunity to test out Merkel in this "meaningless for us, but meaningful for them" match.
yeah, prove something that he still is a real noob in champions league. the game for fans is meaningless but for allegri not. he even used ibra!! from 6 cl games, he is still not convincing for cl. i am proud of his achievement in serie A but in CL he is only a coach that starts writing name in CL, nothing more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
Its a huge sign that Allegri is seriously considering our youth's prospects.

Much better than Carlo using Mattioni in the last 16 minutes of the last match of Serie A two seasons ago..... and then offloading the young man a few weeks later.
huge sign? much better? he only brought two players and only used 1 player. I remember Carlo gave chances to more young players for games like this.

until now, allegri hasn't proved anything better than the previous two coaches with respect of using young players.

Last edited by Siregar; 08-12-2010 at 22:19.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 22:38   #48
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Frankly, I don' think Allegri is a very good coach from what I've seen. I'm not an expert, but I am an ex-professional athlete, and I can understand football at a certain level.

From what I've seen:

1. Allegri makes some crazy subs, and usually too late
(Ibra on when he's supposed to rest, subs at 89 mins multiple times)

2. He has experimented with multiple formations, and it took him nearly 2 months to realize the 4-3-1-2 was better than the 4-3-3.

3. He finally realized Ambrosini is better in CDM holding position with Pirlo pushing up more... yet tonight he switched it back to the old way with Pirlo playing deep lying playmaker..which left us exposed many times with Ambro and Boateng no where to be found....

4. He didn't use any youngsters this season (our midfield has been good so far this season so I can't complain too much)

5. He is in 1st in Serie A only to Lazio (who?), Inter (a joke this season), and Jube (a team that beat us at HOME, and their squad is no where near as talented as ours).....so I'm not Impressed....

6. He gave up a late goal to Real Madrid at home to lose 2 points, when Milan was known for decades as a team that once up 1-0, it was FINITO!

* Our best game this year was against LECCE at home (first game of season)...
* I'm not getting into a Leo/Allegri debate because I thought we sucked last year .. but keep in mind he didn't have Ibra, Robinho, Boateng...

Lastly, I'll save this for Mercato section but we need a guy like Coentrao, Van der Wiel, and a guy like Ganso to control midfield...
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:30   #49
Aficio

Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
Frankly, I don' think Allegri is a very good coach from what I've seen. I'm not an expert, but I am an ex-professional athlete, and I can understand football at a certain level.

From what I've seen:

1. Allegri makes some crazy subs, and usually too late
(Ibra on when he's supposed to rest, subs at 89 mins multiple times)

2. He has experimented with multiple formations, and it took him nearly 2 months to realize the 4-3-1-2 was better than the 4-3-3.

3. He finally realized Ambrosini is better in CDM holding position with Pirlo pushing up more... yet tonight he switched it back to the old way with Pirlo playing deep lying playmaker..which left us exposed many times with Ambro and Boateng no where to be found....

4. He didn't use any youngsters this season (our midfield has been good so far this season so I can't complain too much)

5. He is in 1st in Serie A only to Lazio (who?), Inter (a joke this season), and Jube (a team that beat us at HOME, and their squad is no where near as talented as ours).....so I'm not Impressed....

6. He gave up a late goal to Real Madrid at home to lose 2 points, when Milan was known for decades as a team that once up 1-0, it was FINITO!

* Our best game this year was against LECCE at home (first game of season)...
* I'm not getting into a Leo/Allegri debate because I thought we sucked last year .. but keep in mind he didn't have Ibra, Robinho, Boateng...

Lastly, I'll save this for Mercato section but we need a guy like Coentrao, Van der Wiel, and a guy like Ganso to control midfield...

Defending Allegri ^^:

1. Ibra's old club was Ajax, right?

2. He needs time to find which is the best.

3. And the best is not the best if everyone knows about it. Leo was the proof. Why not trying something new in this meaningless match.

4. You've known the answer already. IMO, adaption of new & expensive player first, youngsters second.

5. I still like it

6. Real were too strong & spirited, a draw is enough.
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:49   #50
tim_milan

Fave Players: baresi,maldini,nesta and van basten
tim_milan is on a distinguished road
Last night s game was crap. It was not disappointing only bcoz we lost but also bcoz of d way v played. Our approach was not right. We had most of our first team players except for in d defense and we played so pathetically against a talented and fit Ajax. At some point it gets so irritating when u c Seedorf and Dinho just running around aimlessly. And these guys have not played a lot recently either. Their time is up and it would good for 'em and Milan if they hang up their boots. They were superstars at some stage but not any longer. We need a real change in our midfield if we want to march on in CL this season. Galliani mf still believes we need a striker. For fuk sake use Verdi as our 4th striker and maybe use that money to buy someone in the midfield.

And on Merkel, good to see him being used but wtf Pirlo, Seedorf, Dhino etc. wouldnt mind losing d ball but just not pass it to the young lad. He needs to be used more and i really hope Allegri uses his head.

I am glad we ve done okay in the first half of the season but am still not very impressed with our performances. Domestically we are okay but in Europe we dont seem to b that Champion team any more.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:06   #51
kastriot

Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_milan View Post
Last night s game was crap. It was not disappointing only bcoz we lost but also bcoz of d way v played. Our approach was not right. We had most of our first team players except for in d defense and we played so pathetically against a talented and fit Ajax. At some point it gets so irritating when u c Seedorf and Dinho just running around aimlessly. And these guys have not played a lot recently either. Their time is up and it would good for 'em and Milan if they hang up their boots. They were superstars at some stage but not any longer. We need a real change in our midfield if we want to march on in CL this season. Galliani mf still believes we need a striker. For fuk sake use Verdi as our 4th striker and maybe use that money to buy someone in the midfield.

And on Merkel, good to see him being used but wtf Pirlo, Seedorf, Dhino etc. wouldnt mind losing d ball but just not pass it to the young lad. He needs to be used more and i really hope Allegri uses his head.

I am glad we ve done okay in the first half of the season but am still not very impressed with our performances. Domestically we are okay but in Europe we dont seem to b that Champion team any more.
The good thing about CL is that we have been so terrible than we can only get better IMO.

We went through only because we beat Auxere twice and they beat Ajax.

THANK you Auxere
Old 09-12-2010, 09:26   #52
Warro Bantan

Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
So, we lose the game, (a dead rubber fixture that didnt matter anyway), and lose Flamini and Silva as well....and for WHAT?

Allegri might have us at the top of the table, but Im sure that my grandmother could do the same with the squad he has at his disposal.

Its ridiculous that we have lost two very important players at a time when we should be looking to consolidate our lead at the top of the table.

While we have Yepes, he is no Silva, and believe me, I now have little hope that we will get all 6 points in the bag by the winter break.

Sigh. What a joke this coach is....
Old 09-12-2010, 10:04   #53
mzk57

Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
WOW, 2-0 defeat against Ajax AT home WITH a first team + loss of tow key players??. Thank God, I couldn't wake up last night for the game, otherwise it would have efforts for nothing. I guess no one is downloading this game

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 18:44   #54
jovola

Fave Players: Pippo
jovola is on a distinguished road
You can hate this guy as much as you like there are some facts:

Abate has grown miles with him

Ambrosini and Gatuso are much better than in last two years

Flamini has reached the level he was nowhere near before.

Robinho is looking more professional and committed to this team than he was to any other.

And still guys you pis* on him all the time for god knows why.

This man knows how to make players better, also he made the right changes in the team when those were needed. He lost an unimportant match against Ajax, and the mob wants to burn the witch right away.
Old 09-12-2010, 20:50   #55
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jovola View Post
You can hate this guy as much as you like there are some facts:

Abate has grown miles with him

Ambrosini and Gatuso are much better than in last two years

Flamini has reached the level he was nowhere near before.

Robinho is looking more professional and committed to this team than he was to any other.

And still guys you pis* on him all the time for god knows why.

This man knows how to make players better, also he made the right changes in the team when those were needed. He lost an unimportant match against Ajax, and the mob wants to burn the witch right away.
I don't care about the loss vs. Ajax at all. I would have started all youngster's, and rested the starters so we can close out 2010 STRONG in Serie A, and hopefully, injury free.

I don't like that he changed formation and had Pirlo as CDM. I don't like his use of subs, and I listed some other points in previous posts. Flamini and Gattuso are playing well, no doubt, but last year, the team was weak, and we fielded Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso a lot in a 3 man midfield. We actually did that a couple of times this year in the beginning and got burned!!!! He learned from that mistake, and thanks to Inter sucking, Allegri got away with all of his mistakes....

I don't like some things about Allegri, I don't see him as strong spirited. He looked lost the first 2 months of the season, but it's certainly been better recently. But, I will judge him in June as all should.
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote