Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

Old 16-03-2010, 15:56   #16
Aficio

Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
You forgot to flip the away/home. We're playing Napoli, Juve, Catania at home, and vice versa.

We still have to go to Palermo and Genoa, but the rest of the 'tough' games are at home. I'm actually not worried about those, i'm more worried about general consistency and injuries. We have a week before every game now, so tiredness (which was evident with Chievo) won't be an issue anymore. That would hopefully mean less injuries, generally. Let's hope we can get Pato back, and maybe Bonera at least, soon.

Sorry

Our last matches:
  1. Milan-Napoli
  2. Parma-Milan
  3. Milan-Lazio
  4. Cagliari-Milan
  5. MilanCatania
  6. Sampdoria-Milan
  7. Palermo-Milan
  8. Milan-Fiorentina
  9. Genoa-Milan
  10. Milan-Juventus

Inter:
  1. Palermo - Inter
  2. Inter - Livorno
  3. Roma - Inter
  4. Inter - Bologna
  5. Fiorentina - Inter
  6. Inter - Juventus
  7. Inter - Atalanta
  8. Lazio - Inter
  9. Inter - Chievo
  10. Siena - Inter

We look comfortable at home now, in contrast with the time under Carlo's guidance

That means better at Serie A than CL, somehow.
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 05:34   #17
Nalx

Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Things are going from bad to worse on the injury front

http://www.football-italia.net/mar17e.html

Which one do you guys think should partner with Silva as a CB: Favalli, Kaladze, Max? My goodness, to me it's like choosing to be shot in the chest or head
Old 17-03-2010, 05:45   #18
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalx View Post
Things are going from bad to worse on the injury front

http://www.football-italia.net/mar17e.html

Which one do you guys think should partner with Silva as a CB: Favalli, Kaladze, Max? My goodness, to me it's like choosing to be shot in the chest or head
Mate, never do that again !!

We know that all these players are injured since days, and after reading your first sentence, I immediately went to the website and they put Thiago Silvao as a picture !! Almost had an heart attack, I thought T.Silva was injured too !!

T.Silva-Favalli is ok by waiting for the come back of Bonera. I'm actually more concerned by our fullbacks. I hope Abate will be there and play on the right, Zambro, if fit, is a good asset on the left by waiting the come-back of Antonini. That actually lets us with 3 "defenders" on the bench: Kaladze (does he still deserve to be called a defender ?), Oddo (I won't say anything, I bashed him in almost all my posts in the Chievo topic, I won't repeat myself ), Jankulovski (same as Kaladze, replace "still" by a blank ...).

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 08:46   #19
tim_milan

Fave Players: baresi,maldini,nesta and van basten
tim_milan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
T.Silva-Favalli is ok by waiting for the come back of Bonera. I'm actually more concerned by our fullbacks. I hope Abate will be there and play on the right, Zambro, if fit, is a good asset on the left by waiting the come-back of Antonini. That actually lets us with 3 "defenders" on the bench: Kaladze (does he still deserve to be called a defender ?), Oddo (I won't say anything, I bashed him in almost all my posts in the Chievo topic, I won't repeat myself ), Jankulovski (same as Kaladze, replace "still" by a blank ...).
Agree with you on the centre backs in our defence. But do u think Abate is a better option than Oddo. I mean at the start of the season i would have agreed with u. But Oddo had been really consistent until he got injured(this season), Abate on the other hand has been decent but he doesnt put up the same performance in every game. And also Oddo has the experience in playing in that position, while Abate has been more of a midfielder through his career. We ve been mixing up our players role this season, it goes for our strikers as well. I mean when Leo is using both H11 n B22, i dont really understand y Leo uses H11 on the right, when he s a very central striker.
Old 17-03-2010, 12:13   #20
mzk57

Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_milan View Post
.....................And also Oddo has the experience in playing in that position, while Abate has been more of a midfielder through his career. We ve been mixing up our players role this season, it goes for our strikers as well. I mean when Leo is using both H11 n B22, i dont really understand y Leo uses H11 on the right, when he s a very central striker.
Thats because Leo is an empty headed coach, who doesn't know where a player should/can play. Plus he is jealous of KJH, maybe his wife has a crush on him or something like that. I bet, its something personal going on there

Plus I agree with you, Oddo is much better option than some others we have. In-fact, in Bonera & Nesta's absence, Oddo can be a very very good CD.

...Zambro....Oddo...Silva...Antonini... (very impressive )

@ GeoTav, I really don't understand, why a great pundit like you believes that Abate is a better RB than Oddo Yeah the guy can't cross, but come on man, he is certainly a good defender or at least better than Abate. I simply don't like Abate as RB now. You are the 2nd best pundit of MM (after me of course ), so you shouldn't say like that

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 13:01   #21
GeoTav

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzk57 View Post
Thats because Leo is an empty headed coach, who doesn't know where a player should/can play. Plus he is jealous of KJH, maybe his wife has a crush on him or something like that. I bet, its something personal going on there

Plus I agree with you, Oddo is much better option than some others we have. In-fact, in Bonera & Nesta's absence, Oddo can be a very very good CD.

...Zambro....Oddo...Silva...Antonini... (very impressive )

@ GeoTav, I really don't understand, why a great pundit like you believes that Abate is a better RB than Oddo Yeah the guy can't cross, but come on man, he is certainly a good defender or at least better than Abate. I simply don't like Abate as RB now. You are the 2nd best pundit of MM (after me of course ), so you shouldn't say like that
During the game against Chievo, did you see what happened once Oddo came in ?! All the counters of Chievo came from our right side !! For a good defender, I just asked myself where he was, what he was doing and how useless he was ?! It's weird but we didn't have this problem at all with Zambrotta on the other side nor during the time when Abate was on the pitch.

And I didn't want to write again about that, but when I read "But Oddo had been really consistent until he got injured(this season)", I think that we didn't see the same games, or that I missed some this season (which didn't happen as I've been able to watch all our games in all competitions, even the friendlies, it's a Grand Chelem for me this year, I hope it will continue !! ). More seriously, Oddo had maybe been consistent in his mediocrity, nothing else.

And mzk, if someday, Oddo is used as a CD, I'll turn off my computer or my TV as I don't want to be among the people watching this disaster !! I'd rather use some ex-players like Kaladze or Baresi instead of Oddo there !!

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
Old 17-03-2010, 13:20   #22
mzk57

Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Okay so its official now. GeoTav hates Oddo, no matter what
Here is the list where Geo-Oddo is the latest entry
  • mzk57 - d!da
  • Gabriel - Seedorf
  • mrki - Pirlo (and Carlo)
  • Hitman - Huntelaar
  • Geo - Oddo

I can understand now

Feel free joining this club

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "

Last edited by mzk57; 17-03-2010 at 13:23.
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 13:33   #23
GeoTav

No, I don't hate this player ...
I just think he is now useless, or good for a 3rd choice at RB, nothing more.

He WAS very good, not far from WC in a near past (Lazio-first season in Milan), but he is a joke nowadays.

To make it clear, for me, the hierarchy for our FBs for this end of season should be:
1st choice for RB and LB - Abate and Antonini
2nd choice for both positions - Zambrotta
3rd choice for RB and LB - Oddo and Jankulovski

And the haters will generally not admit that a player was good in the past ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM

Last edited by GeoTav; 17-03-2010 at 13:36.
Old 17-03-2010, 13:34   #24
LebRN

Fave Players: Nesta, Pato, Thiago Silva, Flamini
LebRN is on a distinguished road
it is still early for our match this weekend and we have so many players out but obviously we need at least one defender back and i think any of Antonini or Bonera would be a very good relief (given that there is no way that Nesta can make it)

If Antonini is back i think that him and Zambrotta are actually our best options on the sides...but what i am really worried about is Favalli against Napoli because he will be destroyed by speed (Lavezzi/Quagliarella) and in the air (Denis)....Thiago our savior!!!

Other than that, i just expect Flamini to start (i think he is even a better right back than any other player we have in this squad even if he is not in favor of that)

and @ mzk......man, comparing yourself to Geo is like comparing Gattuso to Messi
LebRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 13:40   #25
GeoTav

LebRN, it looks like Bonera will be out until the first game in April !! I don't know what is his injury, but as often with him, there is no small injury, only serious ones ...

From TMW: Abate should be back for the game against Napoli while Pato and Mancini could be back ...

If that"s confirmed, so we will go for sure (Leonardo thinks like me about Oddo ) with:
Abate - T.Silva - Favalli - Zambrotta

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
Old 17-03-2010, 13:49   #26
LebRN

Fave Players: Nesta, Pato, Thiago Silva, Flamini
LebRN is on a distinguished road
oh yeah, that's right, i actually read it and forgot about it :S
ithink Bonera's physical condition will be like this until he retires so we have to consider that he cannot be our first back-up for next yr...
LebRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 13:58   #27
Gio-mania

Fave Players: Kaká, Ringhio, Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi etc
Gio-mania is on a distinguished road
@ mzk57: I am pretty sure that for mrki you should add Seedorf. :p

Also, I am not so sold on the Oddo-CB idea. Has he ever been played there? If so, then maybe I can semi-buy this idea.
Just because a SB is slow and cannot cross, ie not ideal for a fullback type of play, and is supposedly solid in defense (a few others and I dont really agree with this) doesn't not automatically make him a viable alternative for CB.

I have to say I fully agree with GeoTav's priority list for SB's. An addition: I would even put Bonera above Oddo on that list, heck even before Janku at LB, and we are talking of a position unnatural to Daniele. But for now he is vitally needed as CB, when he comes back from injury.

As a CB priority list, I would probably put Favalli beside Thiagogol (with Bonera injured). Kaladze simply recalls fearful memories. Maybe Max could be a semi-viable alternative... or maybe not. In such situations of an unstable defense, I would go with two DM's for extra cover.
Old 17-03-2010, 14:11   #28
tim_milan

Fave Players: baresi,maldini,nesta and van basten
tim_milan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
During the game against Chievo, did you see what happened once Oddo came in ?! All the counters of Chievo came from our right side !! For a good defender, I just asked myself where he was, what he was doing and how useless he was ?! It's weird but we didn't have this problem at all with Zambrotta on the other side nor during the time when Abate was on the pitch.

And I didn't want to write again about that, but when I read "But Oddo had been really consistent until he got injured(this season)", I think that we didn't see the same games, or that I missed some this season (which didn't happen as I've been able to watch all our games in all competitions, even the friendlies, it's a Grand Chelem for me this year, I hope it will continue !! ). More seriously, Oddo had maybe been consistent in his mediocrity, nothing else.

And mzk, if someday, Oddo is used as a CD, I'll turn off my computer or my TV as I don't want to be among the people watching this disaster !! I'd rather use some ex-players like Kaladze or Baresi instead of Oddo there !!
Well i agree with u about how big a disater it would be if we used Oddo as our CB and i guess disaster aint the right word. I would shoot myself if something like that happened. Its not that am a big fan of Oddo, but my point is Oddo is used to playing in the RB position more than Abate has??? I have not been very impressive with Abate as our RB this season. I mean if Antonini is fit it solves our problem with him playing on the left and Zambro playing on the right. But otherwise like i had mentioned earlier i would have agreed with going on with Abate at the start of the season. Right now i think both are just as good with Oddo being a little more sensible. This is just my view, am not trying to prove anything.

P.S. Ive watched all the games this season except the friendlies
Old 17-03-2010, 14:23   #29
GeoTav

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_milan View Post
Well i agree with u about how big a disater it would be if we used Oddo as our CB and i guess disaster aint the right word. I would shoot myself if something like that happened. Its not that am a big fan of Oddo, but my point is Oddo is used to playing in the RB position more than Abate has??? I have not been very impressive with Abate as our RB this season. I mean if Antonini is fit it solves our problem with him playing on the left and Zambro playing on the right. But otherwise like i had mentioned earlier i would have agreed with going on with Abate at the start of the season. Right now i think both are just as good with Oddo being a little more sensible. This is just my view, am not trying to prove anything.

P.S. Ive watched all the games this season except the friendlies
Any news about how long is Antonini going to be out ??

And sorry for the "I watched all the games this season" !! That probably looked a bit arrogant (I'm French ... it's my excuse ), I don't know, so I apologize !!

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
Old 17-03-2010, 18:46   #30
thresics

thresics is on a distinguished road
I hope Leo may bring some young players to the squad.
It is time to provide more opportunities to the youth, see how Arsenal did these years,
and their team qualified to the Final 8, it is also the Premiership Title Contender.
thresics is offline   Reply With Quote