AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

Old 19-10-2009, 22:40   #16
mzk57

Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
....................GK.......................
...Oddo...Nesta...Silva...Zomby......
...Rino...Flamini...Seedorf...Abate...
....................Pato......................
.................Huntelaar..................

Well I don't mind Pippo either, but I guess now its the time to make Huntelaar feel that he is a very special addition to ACM for the next 5 years or so. Plus I don't expect any thing from Ronaldinho, u can't live in the past. Also Pirlo doesn't seem to be up for big matches now

But any way, I am pretty optimistic, Madrid 0-2 Milan

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 22:49   #17
mzk57

Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Flamini woud block want-me-out-boy-Kaka, Rino would eat Alonso again and Nesta would take on both Raul and Benzema all alone and will win the battle. So see Madrid have no chance aganst Milan

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 23:55   #18
tim_milan

Fave Players: baresi,maldini,nesta and van basten
tim_milan is on a distinguished road
I would go for a 4-4-2:
--------------Dida----------------
--Zambrotta--Nesta--Silva--Favalli--
----Abate-Pirlo--Seedorf--Flamini/Gattuso----
----Pato--Huntlaar--R 80----

Seedorf cannot play on the left flank as good as he plays in the middle. He needs space to play and create chances coz from what ive noticed he gets cramped up playing in the left and losses the ball cheaply. So he should be given a more central role. Oddo is not doing great, i think Favalli is a better option.Abate is a must play as he gives us that much required punch in our attack coz of his pace. Rest is all fine. I would be more than happy if we could salvage a draw at the Bernebau and then thrash em in the return leg.
Old 20-10-2009, 00:36   #19
edysupriadi

Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pippo, Cantona, Kaka
edysupriadi is on a distinguished road
--------------------Dida--------------------
Zambro---Nesta----T.Silva----Favalli/ Kaladze
------- -Gattuso/Abate----Flamini------------
-----------------------Pirlo------------------
Pato----------------------------------- Dinho
------------------Pippo/ Hunter-------------

The 2nd half against Roma looked OK to me (at least compared to 442 in the 1st half, or any other previous games we had), both defensively & going fwd, so let's give it another try..

Personally, I think Zambro if far better playing as right fullback, although he's well past his prime time, he defends & passes better than Oddo!plus I notice he's much more comfortable with his right foot throughout many games while playing on the left. As for left side, either Favalli or Kala - though Kala has not been playing good lately, he played that position before, so he should know how to defend well as as left FB. Dont talk about going fwd (dont think nowadays both can make it too), for this game - our FB should be not giving 'headaches' to the dynamic DUO - Nesta & Silva just defend pls..

With two DM 'protecting' Pirlo, he should be having better accuracy in passing, and both Dinho & Pato playing on the flanks shall really exploit & give both Ramos & Marcelo hard time, too many times they leave the post unguarded- recent Valadolid game shows this..

FORZA MILAN !
edysupriadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 00:43   #20
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Honestly, I think if RVN, Raul and Kaka are the players that MIlan should really watch over.
No need to mention Kaka, as he is really the brain behind Real's offense.

Higuin and Benzema might be better overall strikers than RVN and Raul, but their finishing are not as good as the two Rs.

Judging from the matches Milan played this season, you must admit that if the other team got better finishing, Milan will be worse shape than now. Thus, I think as long as RVN and Raul ain't playing, Milan have a good chance to take at least a point from Real.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 01:32   #21
LebRN

Fave Players: Nesta, Pato, Thiago Silva, Flamini
LebRN is on a distinguished road
i think a 451 would be best with good use of the wings as everybody here already mentioned that we can definitely exploit ramos and especially marcelo's weaknesses. but what is very important is the fullbacks we choose. i'do go for:
------------Dida------------
Zambro-Nesta-Silva-Kaladze
-----Flamini--Ambrosini-----
Abate----Pirlo----Ronaldinho
-----------Pato------------

Dida: we have no other option.
Nesta-Silva: no need to explain.
Kaladze: zambro, janku were awful as left backs all season so far, favalli i think plays better in the center because he doesn't have the pace to cover the wing and kaladze offers better cover in the air as we always look "short" in that area.
Zambro: not that he's so good there but we don't really have anybody better in that position, especially not oddo and for me it is a crime to play Abate as fullback and not a winger and while i would like to see more of antonini, that's not the match to make experiments.
Flamini-Ambrosini: we need 2 DMs for sure and given that gattuso is out, that is an obvious choice.
Ronaldinho: no other option on the left anyway and i thought he did show a few signs against roma that does not make this a total gamble.
Abate: although some people would prefer Pato there and i know what they mean (Pato vs Marcelo) but i think Abate has what it takes to do very good also and i think we really need Pato upfront.
Pirlo: well it's really between him and seedorf and although i'm not a big seedorf fan but i thought he did play above average (by his standards) against roma and pirlo is not really convincing these days...
Pato: although not many people think he's an outright striker, i think he is as he showed in the past when everybody else have been injured and he played alone he always scored and as long as we don't try to frustrate him with high useless balls, he can surely cause problems to their CBs.

all we still need is a bit of luck...

so Good Luck boys

Last edited by LebRN; 20-10-2009 at 01:35.
LebRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 03:13   #22
edysupriadi

Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pippo, Cantona, Kaka
edysupriadi is on a distinguished road
From acmilan.com, guti has recovered & could play , while Gago, RnV, CR9 &, metzelder, wont be available..
edysupriadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 03:54   #23
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I say press Real early on. Their attack is formidable but the defence isn't anywhere near as good. Press them to cut supply to the attack. If Kaka is forced deep we'll be succeeding.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 04:14   #24
Gabriel489

Dev, same can be said about Milan.
Old 20-10-2009, 04:21   #25
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Dev, same can be said about Milan.
Our central defence is good but the wingbacks worry me, and almost certainly won't have much chance to go forward. However, the key to winning is really pressing well in midfield. It's something we've been poor at this season, but really we need to be solid and prevent Real from building. If we can cut supply to Kaka and co, then Real will struggle to really trouble us high up the field. Therefore, Kaka will be forced deeper to try and create, and if we see this, we'll be succeeding.

Our problem is different imo. We have a good attack but we have no supply to the attack to begin with. Real really don't need to do a great deal to beat us if I'm totally honest. A few quick breaks on the counter and we're finished.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 04:29   #26
Gabriel489

Well, I think the best way to stop Real is to attack them and control possession as much as possible.
As beside Diarra, they do not have anyone on the pitch who is a true ball winner.
Abidol and Pepe might not be the best CB pair, but they are pretty solid and not to mention having a guy like Ilka playing behind them.

To put it simply, Real just needs to play like they have been playing this season to beat Milan. Even their lost against Seville, they did create some chances to score and just did not score them.

Strangely, I think Real is a better team with one of CR9 or Kaka playing.

As I said before, the key will be Raul and RVN, as both of them know how to finish inside the box, strikers that Milan did not play against up until now.
Old 20-10-2009, 04:30   #27
rt9

Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
Our team was built to hold possession and attack---that's the only way we're going to win games. Sitting back and waiting to hit on the counter is suicide. Aside from Pato, we have no one else who can orchestrate good, fast counter-attacks.

I say press them and attack them.
rt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 04:32   #28
Nalx

Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Guys, I know many of you want to see our #8 kick his counterpart in white jersey, but he isn't even called due to injury. RM has many quality players but they haven't become a team yet.

About the team selection, I think Leo will field the same starters. Oddo looked shaky in the 2nd half because we were playing 4-3-3 that time. Although Abate's crosses left a lot to be desired, at least he has the pace to run back and cover Oddo on the right flank.

I know that Pippo was born for big game like this. But after being substituted when we were down to 10 men, he wasn't happy about it. He was having his day, so it's understandable. I believe if we show the same gritty determination like we did against Roma, and nullify the suicidally stupid mistake, we can get positive results in Bernabeu.
Old 20-10-2009, 04:42   #29
Jay Crisp

Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
I think from watching the Roma game again and again , that when Pippo came on even though he didn't score his movement stretched the Roma defence and freed up space for Pato. If Dinho plays up with Pato again he will not move enough to free space for Pato. I also don't think that Pippo can play a full game of this importance maybe start with Hunter and Pato and Dinho instead of Seedorf. Dinho looked better on the half way line picking passes and he is still very hard to get the ball from him. If he is not up for this game then he will never get back his hunger.
Jay Crisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 05:30   #30
Dutchie-Milan

Fave Players: Gattuso,Huntelaar,Nesta and Abbiati
Dutchie-Milan is on a distinguished road
I think Hunter should start this one with Pato,Pato should always play because he is our star player(wich is embarresing because he is only a kid...)and Huntelaar really has the hunger to revenge himself against Madrid,he really should play this one.

First i thought the 4-5-1 position was the best solution,but it isnt,if you look at our defense then its only a matter of time before it collapses under the pressure of Kaka,Raul....

We cannot play in a thight defense and hope for a point,because that is suicide,we have to let them come and try the counterattack.

4-4-2 is the best solution i think:

Dida
Zambrotta-Nesta-Silva-Favalli
Abate-Flamini-Pirlo-Ronaldinho
Pato and Huntelaar

Flamini has to cover Kaka,he can do that.Favalli and Zambrotta should not come up,unless they really have to on the counter attack,otherwise they just have to defend,its better that way.
Dutchie-Milan is offline   Reply With Quote