AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

Old 18-12-2009, 06:48   #16
Gio-mania

Fave Players: Kaká, Ringhio, Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi etc
Gio-mania is on a distinguished road
Man Utd aren't the hardest team we could've gotten, but not the easiest either.

Judging from our CL performance so far this year, we will be lucky if we win. Then again we did beat Real Madrid, so maybe against the big teams we wake up. But Leo doesnt have the CL mentality that Carlo did.....
Old 18-12-2009, 07:22   #17
Dutchie-Milan

Fave Players: Gattuso,Huntelaar,Nesta and Abbiati
Dutchie-Milan is on a distinguished road
I just visited the Manchester forum,and damn they think they are the best in the world.

They are saying they will thrash us and that we are a old squad who has nothing to offer...They say they are the big favourites and they still want revenge for those exits in 2005 and 2007. They are really underestemating us....

Only some posters say that Milan is very though and that we have Pato,Ronaldinho and players like Nesta,Pirlo and Seedorf.

Hope we can make them cry in February.

Who the **** is Manchester,WE ARE MILAN!
Dutchie-Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 07:24   #18
Jay Crisp

Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
Man Utd are crap we will win 10 - in both legs because the CL IS IN OUR DNA!!! all seriousness though Utd are not as good as 2 years ago or last year vunlerable in defence and not as free scoring as years gone by. But still very dangerous in in most peopl that are not Milanista they are favourites. But I am confident we can overcome them again , oh the joy of watching the semi final second leg in 07 in an english pub in Amsterdam full of Utd fans making fun of me in my Milan jersey all in good taste nothing got ugly..lol. There was even a few hand shakes afterwards good times.
Jay Crisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 07:27   #19
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
WEll, back in 2007, Milan was the better team against ManU. As Kaka lifted Milan. Lets see who is going to do that this year.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 07:29   #20
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
It's interesting to see so much confidence with this draw.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 07:35   #21
Lebanese

Fave Players: Rossonero
Lebanese is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
WEll, back in 2007, Milan was the better team against ManU. As Kaka lifted Milan. Lets see who is going to do that this year.
kaka scored but the team were playing a great football. seedorf was the man in the second leg
Old 18-12-2009, 08:09   #22
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
oh my gosh why the hell do they make this game in mid february... i cant fkiiinggg waittttttttttttttttttttttt... nothing tastes better than the English for dessert
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 08:42   #23
Lebanese

Fave Players: Rossonero
Lebanese is on a distinguished road
Funny article yet so true

Italy v England: 30 Cultural Differences Between Italy & England
It's an Anglo-Italian super-battle again in the Champions League last 16 as Inter play Chelsea and Milan take on Manchester United. It is often said that the two countries and leagues are poles apart, so here are 30 comical cultural differences between Italy and England…

On The Pitch

1) In Italy on Sundays, it's church, match, home for supporters. In England, its pub, match, pub.

2) In Italy, pasta and meatballs with a glass of red wine is the pre-match meal. In England, kebab and chips with a pint of beer on the way to the stadium does the trick.

3) In Italy, the police will allow you to throw oranges at a team bus. In England you'd go to jail.

4) Italian fans behave when going abroad, but go berserk at home. English fans behave at home, but go stark-raving mad when in Europe.

5) In England, fans sit on the stadium seats. In Italy they use them as weapons.

6) In England, the stadium stewards watch the crowd. In Italy, the stewards watch the match or, as in the case at Catania, are actually club Ultras.

7) In England, if you want something to eat at a game you have to go and buy it from the stadium snack bar. In Italy, you just shout 'A Bibitaro' at the guy selling snacks 20 metres away, and then push your money along the row of fans as he passes a cornetto back.

8) In England, if you are fast, strong and powerful, and can run nonstop for 90 minutes you are a great player, even if you have the touch and skills of a donkey. In Italy, if you are tactically and technically excellent, you are a good player, even if you have the speed and mobility of a snail.

9) In England, if SKY Sports says that Peter Crouch is the best player in the world, the whole country believes and preaches it. In Italy, if SKY Italia says that Simone Loria is the best defender on the planet, the whole nation cancels their satellite subscription.

10) In Italy, ‘the end justifies the means’, and shirt-pulling, diving, cynical fouls and fooling the referee are seen as important parts of the game. In England, these things are seen as cheating, and the philosophy that ‘the means justifies the end’ is followed, with fair play more important than winning at all costs.

11) In Italy, defending is an art. In England, defending is anti-football.

12) In Italy, if a team is 3-0 down, the players all give up, while the fans abuse the team, smash up the worst player’s car, and invade training the next morning. In England, if a team is losing 8-0, the players continue to fight and chase every ball until the last minute even though the cause is lost, while the supporters continue to sing and cheer on their heroes.

13) In England, a bad referee is incompetent. In Italy, a bad referee is corrupt.

14) In England post-weekend football shows are 99% highlights and 1% analysis. In Italy shows are 1% highlights, and 99% analysis (or slow-motion replays).

15) In England, you rarely hear from chairmen, who often mind their own business and stay out of the press. In Italy, the presidents are utterly insane at times, regularly making controversial remarks, with Palermo’s Maurizio Zamparini the most infamous.

Off The Pitch

16) In Italy, bribery and corruption is a part of life. In England, a backhander is a tennis shot.

17) In England, you are innocent until proven guilty. In Italy, you are guilty until proven innocent.

18) In Italy, children are first given alcohol when they are nine months old, and learn how to respect and enjoy liquor. In England, children are banned from drinking alcohol until they are 18, and then proceed to massacre the stuff.

19) In Italy, sons are cradled by their mothers until they are 40. In England, sons are thrown out of the house at 16.

20) Italian men are already shaving before they are 11-years-old, and need to use a razor every day to stay smooth. English men don’t start shaving until they are 18, and then have to wait five years just to grow a little bit of stubble on the end of their chin.

21) In England, punctuality and timekeeping is extremely important. In Italy, being on time is arriving 30 minutes late.

22) In Italy, no one who travels by train buys a ticket. In England, everyone buys a ticket, even though the service is a disgrace, prices are a scandalous rip-off and it would be cheaper to take a taxi.

23) In England, breaking the law is something you usually keep to yourself. In Italy, breaking petty rules is a source of amusement and something worth boasting about.

24) Italians who go on holiday blend into the surroundings and will turn brown in the sun. The English, who spend most their holidays recovering from sunburn, have ‘tourist’ written all over them as they trudge onto the beach with Hawaiian shirts, and socks and sandles.

25) In Italy the idea of wearing head-to-toe sporting clothing is considered unfashionable. In England wearing anything other than head-to-toe sports clothing is considered feminine.

26) In Italy, no one queues up, instead pushing in at the last minute after pretending they know someone at the front. In England, people queue up for hours, and then when they are still turned away at the end, they leave without a fuss.

27) In Italy, politics is a matter of life and death depending on which side of the fence you are on. In England it is not as important as 'Big Brother', a show where a bunch of talentless, airheaded, nobodies do nothing all day.

28) In Italy, it is normal for two people of the same sex to greet each other with a hug and kiss on both cheeks. In England, you are not heterosexual if you do this.

29) In Italy, if you go to a dinner party, you are guaranteed a six course meal, a doggy bag, and you have to refuse even more food at least 10 times before the host finally accepts no for an answer. “Are you sure, you don’t want some more?”…”Yes, I am bloody sure!” In England, you are asked to bring a bottle with you, the sausage rolls and Quavers run out after 10 minutes, and you have to make a stop at the McDonalds drive-thru on the way back home because you are still hungry.

30) In Italy, TV babes include Juliana Moreira, Ilary Blasi, Christina Chiabotto, Ilaria D’Amico and Michelle Hunziker, to name just a handful. In England it's Jordan or Jody Marsh.
Old 18-12-2009, 09:12   #24
Acmir^

Fave Players: Maldini, Baresi, Pandev, Van Basten, Kaka
Acmir^ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
It's interesting to see so much confidence with this draw.

Yeah Dev, I fear this overconfidence that we'll beat Manchester will bite us in the ass.

Life ends when you stop Dreaming; Hope ends when you stop Believing; Love ends when you stop Caring; so Dream, Believe and Care. Life is really beautiful!
Acmir^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 15:15   #25
honsano

honsano is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acmir^ View Post
Yeah Dev, I fear this overconfidence that we'll beat Manchester will bite us in the ass.
Luckily the people on this board aren't playing but, instead, the professionals are. Considering what's out there, I think this is a middle of the pack draw. It's not easy but certainly not impossible either. It's how the CL should be. Tough matches to prove you belong. Let's hope we got more to offer than them (which I think we do).

Anyone been following ManU closely this season? After my roommate moved out (big fan and also great to rub it in when we won in 2007), I don't really know what's going on with them this season. I know injuries have shaken up their defense pretty good which is an absolutely amazing thing for an attack minded team such as we currently our. I'm just afraid we don't have as much industry in midfield as we tend to play too far up the pitch with R80 and Pato. Should be fun though.

I just can't believe where we are from preseason til now. I certainly did not think this team we capable of making it this far in CL let alone 2nd in the league. The boys have done well. Oh btw, they are preparing the final Carlo's Chelsea vs Milan. Genetic testing will prove the winner of that one though....
honsano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 18:10   #26
Rossoneri Fuego

Fave Players: Nesta R80 Beckham Rino
Rossoneri Fuego is on a distinguished road
personally guys im ok with this draw the reason : i dont want us by fluke getting into the next round of the knockout stages, personally i think we'll be 10x better man united's back 4 has got injured so much its ridiculous, in the past Sir Alex has warned Rio Ferdinand that if he doesnt start playing better, somebody will take his position john o' shea are you serious? wasent this the same player who got roasted by eto'o not to say eto'o is not world class but he got roasted so bad IN THE FINAL AT ROMA! with beckham that'll be huge and adiyah that remains to be seen Albertazzi, Di Gennaro are still out there we'll probally line up something like this aganst united we cant take anything for granted

-----(i hope abbiati is back if not) Dida

Abate (speed and can launch attacks) Nesta Silva Zambrotta

-----------------------------------------Flamini----------

----------Beckham----------------------------------------

---------------------------------Pirlo-----------------

---------R80-----------------------------------------

---------------------------------------Pato-----------

--------------------Borriello----------------------------

we need to be physical with accurate long balls provided by beckham abate from
behind flamini can mark either valencia,nani, or park ji sung but i think we'll play the counter it'll be a very close game
Rossoneri Fuego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 18:16   #27
guestes

Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
No confidence against Fiorentina, but assurity that we will win against Manchster from all fans..... Ah well!
Old 18-12-2009, 18:20   #28
guestes

Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossoneri Fuego View Post
personally guys im ok with this draw the reason : i dont want us by fluke getting into the next round of the knockout stages, personally i think we'll be 10x better man united's back 4 has got injured so much its ridiculous, in the past Sir Alex has warned Rio Ferdinand that if he doesnt start playing better, somebody will take his position john o' shea are you serious? wasent this the same player who got roasted by eto'o not to say eto'o is not world class but he got roasted so bad IN THE FINAL AT ROMA! with beckham that'll be huge and adiyah that remains to be seen Albertazzi, Di Gennaro are still out there we'll probally line up something like this aganst united we cant take anything for granted

-----(i hope abbiati is back if not) Dida

Abate (speed and can launch attacks) Nesta Silva Zambrotta

-----------------------------------------Flamini----------

----------Beckham----------------------------------------

---------------------------------Pirlo-----------------

---------R80-----------------------------------------

---------------------------------------Pato-----------

--------------------Borriello----------------------------

we need to be physical with accurate long balls provided by beckham abate from
behind flamini can mark either valencia,nani, or park ji sung but i think we'll play the counter it'll be a very close game

I totally agree with you, but would put Antonini in place of Zambrotta.... Also, who thinks Becks would be better than Seedorf, considering he has not had much time to settle in?
Old 18-12-2009, 18:52   #29
Codino

Fave Players: Van Basten, Baggio
Codino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saliwonczyk View Post
No confidence against Fiorentina, but assurity that we will win against Manchster from all fans..... Ah well!
hahaha i know! strange right?

i guess the game against fiorentina might be at a good time as they are experiencing highs & lows.
With the match against Manchester, i guess we really cant comment too much until mid Jan to see where we are and how our new signings (if more than 2) can adapt. we do have a great record against them, so we should all be confident in a great battle between giants!
Old 19-12-2009, 02:47   #30
tim_milan

Fave Players: baresi,maldini,nesta and van basten
tim_milan is on a distinguished road
Nice draw. Its Italy vs England in the CL. Our game is not that tough but it isnt that easy either. I am hoping we will do well. Guess we wont be having too many reinforcements in the winter other than Beckham and Adiyah. In Jan we have some really big games coming in Serie A. That will give us an idea of Milans performance this season.