AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

View Poll Results: Who do you think Milan will face next round?
Barcelona 2 20.00%
Chelsea 0 0%
Manchester United 1 10.00%
Schalke 4 40.00%
Shakhtar Donetsk 0 0%
Bayern Munich 1 10.00%
Tottenham Hotspur 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18-12-2010, 09:28   #76
mzk57

Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrup View Post
Hello Milan fans,

Just wanted to register here in preparation for match discussion over the coming months.

Just out of curiosity, who are your usual starting midfielders now? I am assuming Robinho has ousted Ronny on the left, with Pato playing on the right (when fit), but who are the usual trio in the centre now? I imagine it has changed a lot since I last watched your team.
Welcome to MM

The new system is very different from the past few seasons. It no longer a 4-3-3. Its more of an Italian formation now, which means more compactness & more unity. Its actually midfield 4 now instead of 3

Ibrahimovic Robinho/Pato

Boateng/Seedorf

Flamini Ambrosini Gattuso

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 09:30   #77
Reza
Administrator

Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Welcome Redrup, midfield could feature Boateng, Gatusso, Pirlo and Ambrosini. Possibly Flamini and Seedorf.
Old 18-12-2010, 09:38   #78
mzk57

Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reza View Post
Welcome Redrup, midfield could feature Boateng, Gatusso, Pirlo and Ambrosini. Possibly Flamini and Seedorf.
You mean like this
Ibrahimovic

Seedorf Pirlo

Flamini Ambrosini Gattuso

By the way, this 5 men midfield would be ideal to play against Barcelona

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 09:45   #79
Reza
Administrator

Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
No, not all together zeekay, we don't need Seedorf and Pirlo together.
No matter who we play against we need more movement, Boateng and Robinho can do better and are needed and don't leave Ibra up high by himself.
Old 18-12-2010, 10:03   #80
Xudong

Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
They will keep him just for Crouch.
I thought they keep him just for the bench, not for the couch? See, if there was a comfortable couch before, Dida would not have hurt himself on the sideline against Parma.
Old 18-12-2010, 11:09   #81
LebRN

Fave Players: Nesta, Pato, Thiago Silva, Flamini
LebRN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
I thought they keep him just for the bench, not for the couch? See, if there was a comfortable couch before, Dida would not have hurt himself on the sideline against Parma.

what bench? there is one in training?
LebRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 07:41   #82
Arildonardo

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
"Tottenham will test Newcastle’s resolve to hang on to Andy Carroll in January with a £20million bid that will include Peter Crouch and Robbie Keane as bait."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle654057.html
Arildonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 07:55   #83
Hasan Rossonero

Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Tottenham will tear us apart if we start with the mediocrity of Abate and Antonini. You all have talked about that in great detail, so I won't go through it here.

Yesterday's game against Roma proved that this team is still average in most areas. KPB is great, but he is not Milan material. We need Flamini fit, and we need to start with a conventional formation that sees a safety-first midfield.

The only problem is that if we start with Seedorf in a playmaker role, we are in big trouble because he doesn't deserve to be on the field. This is the dilemma. A midfield of Flamini, Gattuso/Ambro, and Pirlo will be great, but I really hope we find another solution other than KPB or Seedorf in the playmaker role. Hopefully Cassano is well integrated by then.

Last edited by Hasan Rossonero; 19-12-2010 at 07:57.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 09:11   #84
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Hasan, Spurs ain't Barcelona. After watching thhe replay of Barcelona just now, I must say that they are really World Beaters.

Spurs has one of the worst defense among the seeded teams in the second round.

As of today, unless Ibra and/Silva/Nesta are out with injuries, I would not worry one bit. As Ibra is the type of strikers that EPL defenders cant handle since they are only good at defending against the air and closing down on speedy players.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 09:38   #85
Hasan Rossonero

Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Hasan, Spurs ain't Barcelona. After watching thhe replay of Barcelona just now, I must say that they are really World Beaters.

Spurs has one of the worst defense among the seeded teams in the second round.

As of today, unless Ibra and/Silva/Nesta are out with injuries, I would not worry one bit. As Ibra is the type of strikers that EPL defenders cant handle since they are only good at defending against the air and closing down on speedy players.
True, they are not Barcelona. However, they have pace, and that is an attribute that has caught us out in the past.

What scares me most is that apart from Inter, when it has mattered in the big games, our team has been horribly exposed.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 09:46   #86
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
True, they got speed but they also got a weak defense and non ball winning midfield.

Also I would not take both the Juve and Roma games as ref., since they really were lucky.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 00:14   #87
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
We're a long way away, we have many important games until then, we will also (hopefully) have some new players @ Milan by then, but you're right, we have not done much against the top sides (Real Madrid, Juventus, Roma).. we defeated Inter 1-0 on a penalty. We drew with Napoli and Lazio. We lost and drew to Ajax. We lost at home to Ajax, Juventus, and Roma.

Yet everyone says Allegri is the second coming. Let's see how we do against Tottenham. No one wants Milan to win more than I, but this Round of 16 tie will be very, very important for Milan's season, as we must prove we can defeat a good team in an extremely important competition for us.

Forza Milan!
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 04:41   #88
Sputnik

Fave Players: Marco Van Basten
Sputnik is on a distinguished road
Like you guys said it's too early for predictions. We can't even be sure if there are going to be changes in both squads. I mean we already signed Cassano.

I agree with most of you, it's not a bad draw but still it ain't gonna be easy. Not at all.
Spurs may not be Barcelona but they have a great team. Some things i think and please feel free to disagree. We just can't afford to give Lennon and mostly Bale the space to run the ball. Gareth Bale is having a miraculous season so far, he is a proper wonderboy, just ask guys like Maicon or Ferreira who had to suffer from the Welsh these last weeks or so. On their right flank, Lennon can also trouble the opponent back in a good day.
I am not sure our backs can easily handle them.
Add the always dangerous VdV, put in there some Defoe and Crouch and Pavlyuchenko and you have a pretty decent attacking line with Modric a bit deeper trying to provide with his passing game.
Still their defense, while not useless at all, is not the best one around. Not in Premier League with a 25-22 record, not even in CL where they finished top of their table (18-11).
Bassong, Dawson and the rest of their defenders are no match for our attacking line and if Ibra and one more of the guys up front have two good nights we do have a serious chance qualifying. But i guess we also have to keep them off their familiar pace.

Anyway, i think we are in for a couple of great and thrilling matches.
Sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 11:07   #89
Jeff

Jeff is on a distinguished road
Folks, please take a moment to think about this when you have the chance. All of us are in this for the decision:

http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26762

Thanks
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 16:29   #90
abbeyleemaniac

abbeyleemaniac is on a distinguished road
They are dangerous, we can eliminate them if we dont take them lightly...Bale vs Abate was not my biggest nightmare cuz Messi vs Antonini could be the worst...
abbeyleemaniac is offline   Reply With Quote