AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

Old 09-12-2010, 09:49   #1
shegs

Fave Players: Shevchenko, Ronaldo and Bergkamp.
shegs is on a distinguished road
Bologna vs. AC Milan Sunday 12th December.

i'm still fuming after the embarrassing defeat in the match against Ajax. We have to win this match not just to extend the lead between us and merda but to give the team a lift. Since Juventus and Lazio are squaring off this weekend , a win would see us distance ourselves from the park if Lazio drop points.
'dinho smashed them the last time but under no circumstances, i repeat NO CIRCUMSTANCES, should he start that this match. He's clearly past his best.

my preferred starting formation;
Abbiati, Yepes, Nesta, Zam / Luca, Abate, Pirlo/ Gattuso, Ambro, Prince, Seedorf/ Gattuso, Ibra, Binho. Starting without Pirlo or Seedorf is jst to make sure that there's someone on the bench who (theoretically?!) can add some bite to the attack if the game becomes too hard, as Bologna will most likely seat deep and play for the draw. I just hope that Mr. Allegri will make changes in time if the team isn't performing well (not like the Sampdoria game).

Last edited by shegs; 09-12-2010 at 09:57.
shegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 14:48   #2
#3Forever

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Baresi,
#3Forever is on a distinguished road
I think that this game is probably one of the most important for our season so far. Exactly the type of games that we struggled with last season. Games away from home against mid table or lower teams. Last year we would tie or even lose (vs Parma) those games. We can't get overconfident but I still believe we will win, probably 2-0 or 3-0. Without Flamini and Thiago Silva, our season at least until the new year will be difficult. Our next few games are against Roma, Calgiari and Udinese. It is vitally important that against these struggling teams we get victory. For tommorows game I think that we will be able to play a more attacking formation without the three "destroyer" midfielders. I would go with this formation

------------------------------Abbiati----------------------------------
----Abate-----------Nesta------------Yepes-----------Zambrotta------
---------------Boetang--------Pirlo--------Gattuso--------------------
-----------------------------Seedorf----------------------------------
---------------------Robinho----------Ibrahimovic----------------------

What are your thoughts on playing Pirlo and Seedorf in the same lineup?
#3Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 18:39   #3
Ryo

Ryo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #3Forever View Post
I think that this game is probably one of the most important for our season so far. Exactly the type of games that we struggled with last season. Games away from home against mid table or lower teams. Last year we would tie or even lose (vs Parma) those games. We can't get overconfident but I still believe we will win, probably 2-0 or 3-0. Without Flamini and Thiago Silva, our season at least until the new year will be difficult. Our next few games are against Roma, Calgiari and Udinese. It is vitally important that against these struggling teams we get victory. For tommorows game I think that we will be able to play a more attacking formation without the three "destroyer" midfielders. I would go with this formation

------------------------------Abbiati----------------------------------
----Abate-----------Nesta------------Yepes-----------Zambrotta------
---------------Boetang--------Pirlo--------Gattuso--------------------
-----------------------------Seedorf----------------------------------
---------------------Robinho----------Ibrahimovic----------------------

What are your thoughts on playing Pirlo and Seedorf in the same lineup?
If you wanted true balance, then I would suggest we take Pirlo off for Captain Max. Somehow I'm not convinced that Pirlo, based on the recent outings alone, can face up to smaller teams tackles and come away with the ball every time. If we lose the ball in that position, Pirlo can't win the ball back, but we would normally be safe in the knowledge that Sandro and Thiago are there.
This game, however, will be the first game in a long while now that we haven't had half of our defensive gate to play with (and the more active half at that). Whilst Yepes is a decent CentreBack, I can't see him do the spectacular, timed tackles that Thiago makes to clear our lines. Thus, for a better precaution, I would rather we have Ambro, Prince and Rino in the middle to hold the ball, and lose a little quality in our distribution instead.

Perhaps Pirlo in Seedorf's trequartista role for this match might be a bit better to link up play, since I think Binho and Ibra both have enough quality to get past Bologna's defense. That way, if he loses the ball, we still have the entire length of the midfield to win it back.

Robinho Ibrahimovic Pato

Last edited by Ryo; 10-12-2010 at 18:42.
Ryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 18:51   #4
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
--------Ibrahimovic----Robinho---------
-------------------------------------------
------------------Seedorf----------------
--------Gattuso-----------Boateng------
----------------Ambrosini----------------
Zambrotta-------------------------Abate
---------------Yepes---Nesta-------------
-------------------------------------------
------------------Abbiati------------------

Pirlo in if we need to score.... Ronaldinho too... but I don't want to see Rino-Pirlo-Seedorf all playing at once anymore...EVER again......

We should win...either Ibra OR Binho has been producing magic ....let's ride keep riding on that until we get our full squad back..and perhaps a (Ganso) in January...
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 19:51   #5
#3Forever

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Baresi,
#3Forever is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
If you wanted true balance, then I would suggest we take Pirlo off for Captain Max. Somehow I'm not convinced that Pirlo, based on the recent outings alone, can face up to smaller teams tackles and come away with the ball every time. If we lose the ball in that position, Pirlo can't win the ball back, but we would normally be safe in the knowledge that Sandro and Thiago are there.
This game, however, will be the first game in a long while now that we haven't had half of our defensive gate to play with (and the more active half at that). Whilst Yepes is a decent CentreBack, I can't see him do the spectacular, timed tackles that Thiago makes to clear our lines. Thus, for a better precaution, I would rather we have Ambro, Prince and Rino in the middle to hold the ball, and lose a little quality in our distribution instead.

Perhaps Pirlo in Seedorf's trequartista role for this match might be a bit better to link up play, since I think Binho and Ibra both have enough quality to get past Bologna's defense. That way, if he loses the ball, we still have the entire length of the midfield to win it back.
I agree with you about the worries of putting Pirlo and Seedorf in the same team, but perhaps against a "smaller" team like Bologna we may be able to get away from it. Maybe playing Pirlo behind the two strikers is a good idea, for he does have excellant distribution and can take really good shots. But I think that he won't be as good in that trequartista role as he hasn't played there for quite a few years. I don't think that he would be as good as a connecter between midfield and offense as perhaps Seedorf or Robinho. But I think if we are to try new things out the best team to try it against is probably Bologna
#3Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 21:06   #6
Bosniaco

Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
Bosniaco is on a distinguished road
I can tell you this, and as much as I love my Milan, I have to say that Milan has not been that great or good, I think its the other teams that have been very bad and thats why we are on top. Hopefully we will stay there.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:53   #7
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
I think Ibra is one huge reason why Milan is top of the table.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:13   #8
mzk57

Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
I think Ibra is one huge reason why Milan is top of the table.
Yeah, its one the big reasons, but THE MAIN reason is that AC Milan got rid of Leonardo. With him ACM would have been 5th right now.

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 18:01   #9
Lebanese

Fave Players: Rossonero
Lebanese is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzk57 View Post
Yeah, its one the big reasons, but THE MAIN reason is that AC Milan got rid of Leonardo. With him ACM would have been 5th right now.
And got rid of many players who are dead wood in order to bring in 7 new players, if leonardo had these players under his disposal things would be different
Old 12-12-2010, 06:07   #10
abbeyleemaniac

abbeyleemaniac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese View Post
And got rid of many players who are dead wood in order to bring in 7 new players, if leonardo had these players under his disposal things would be different
if Leonardo had a healty Pato during the season, we could have won the scudetto.

Now Allegri has Boateng, ibra and Robinho. Thats the difference between this season and last season.

if Leo had these players, everything would be different but positively.
abbeyleemaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:02   #11
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Missed the game today due to other commitments. If anyone has the game for download (or a link), I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:34   #12
shegs

Fave Players: Shevchenko, Ronaldo and Bergkamp.
shegs is on a distinguished road
At least we're top of the table! it's been so long since we last won the title that i don't care how we win it; lousy play, one-man team football, hopeful long ball play, crisp passing, boring 1-0 wins till the season ends, or winning the title not because we were the best side in the division but because we were the "least bad" side. it doesn't matter, as long as we win the Scudetto come May.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:46   #13
LebRN

Fave Players: Nesta, Pato, Thiago Silva, Flamini
LebRN is on a distinguished road
No more starting line-ups with Pirlo & Seedorf
& no more Pirlo in the CDM position

these are the 2 things i hope i never see in Milan ever again and i don't think any Milan fan needs explanation to why that is.

As for the Bologna match, I think we should play Papa for Thiago. I know Papa has not played well in any official match this season but I still think he is our best option for the remaining matches until the break.
I am pretty sure that Nesta & Yepes can do a good job against Bologna (especially that their main striker is Di Vaio, who is old and slow and both of them can handle) but for matches to come we will have to face younger and faster opposition and the Nesta-Yepes combination will struggle against. This will be the perfect time for Papa to prove if he can cut it at Milan or not and we need to play a younger faster CB with Nesta.

For the midfield, i think a Gattuso - Ambro - Boateng is th best option with Pirlo as the trequartista

I would also like to see Gattuso in the middle not because i think he is better than Ambro there but to allow Ambro to play on the sides with Boa as both can support the attack while Gattuso cannot. Maybe we can try this against Bologna and see how Gattuso will do there.
LebRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:25   #14
OCmilano

Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
Lebrn I agree with you on your Papa choice. Id rather have a younger faster help for nesta.

These are times I wish Onyewu got to play in some games so he could help.
Honestly how much worse do you think he is then Papa or Yepes?
Old 11-12-2010, 10:51   #15
LebRN

Fave Players: Nesta, Pato, Thiago Silva, Flamini
LebRN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCmilano View Post
Lebrn I agree with you on your Papa choice. Id rather have a younger faster help for nesta.

These are times I wish Onyewu got to play in some games so he could help.
Honestly how much worse do you think he is then Papa or Yepes?
to be honest, i think Onyewu is really poor....
sorry mate, i've always been reading ur posts and u always mention Onyewu, but for the few times i have seen him play, he was absolutely horrible. the only thing he is good at was high balls, but all else: duels, marking, positioning...he is very very poor.

i strongly agree with Allegri to have him at the bottom of the pecking order and will not understand it if he does not leave in Jan
LebRN is offline   Reply With Quote