AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

Old 07-10-2006, 16:26   #1
Giorgos

Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic
Giorgos is on a distinguished road
What about Drogba?

When we were interested in Drogba some of you said, he is a pure player and other things. It was your opinion and i respect that, after his goals, his perfomances has anyone who was against him change his opinion?.

Giorgos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 19:31   #2
Mystik

Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
He's going through a good patch I must say.. but I still don't like him. He IS playing well so far though.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 20:15   #3
PersianPlaya408

PersianPlaya408 is on a distinguished road
even tho hes playing better than Sheva... i like Sheva way more.. Drogba is very skillful, but just too selfish in my opinion, where as Sheva is patient, creates very well for his teammates, as well as himself and can play much more freely in milan's formation... perhaps Drogba is a better fit for Chelsea... he is having a great streak of goals right now... but i like Sheva more
PersianPlaya408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:19   #4
nefremo

Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
I didn't want him to come to Milan this summer. However, I don't think I had seen him in a 2 man attack before Shevchenko went there. I think he is really showing his qualitites in a 2 men attack and he is good at it. Expecially with Sheva behind him doing the dirty work. What I mean by that is that Sheva has always doen amazing work without the ball. He moves really well creating space for his partner, which I think is the real success behind Drogba's performances. There is no doubt about his tallent however.
Another guy that has been playing well is Saha.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:05   #5
Stezagud

Fave Players: Keano (ret), Rooney, Maldini
Stezagud is on a distinguished road
yeah i remember taking minor abuse for suggesting getting Drogba as part of the Sheva deal wasnt a bad idea

PersianPlaya you think he's selfish? he is one of the most unselfish players around, his running as a lone striker in the last few years has been the main reason Lampard and the other Chelsea midfielders have so much space to score, he also led the Premiership last year with 11 assists!

As Nefremo says, he is benefitting now from being part of a partnership. Last year he would often have 2 men following him around but now the defenders are focussing on Sheva instead as he is the one with the bigger reputation. That said, Drogba has still made goals from nothing this year, the one that beat Liverpool (a brilliant turn and volley that i suggest any doubters watch) being a prime example.

I have been surprised by quite how easily Sheva has been stifled so far though, i remember the debate over who was better of Sheva and Henry and it was ususally said that Henry only looked good because in the EPL nobody could defend I do think he'll get better though, with the amount of chances Chelsea make even i could score 10 a season for them Its only a matter of time before he figures out how to benefit from Drogba, the other reason he struggles to score is the midfield is imbalanced but Mourinho will surely fix that before long too.

Quote:
Another guy that has been playing well is Saha.
Saha has been a class striker for a few years now but he just couldnt stay fit, Utd fans used to think France were sabotaging us as he would always come back from international duty with a walking stick He's been injury free since January now though and is justifying Fergies decision to cash in on Ruud.

Last edited by Stezagud; 08-10-2006 at 07:16.
Stezagud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:01   #6
milanisti2503

Fave Players: my self,and all milan players
milanisti2503 is on a distinguished road
no,please dont drogba he is worst
milanisti2503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 01:22   #7
joumasepoes

Fave Players: Pirlo, Kaka, Sheva, Inzaghi
joumasepoes is on a distinguished road
Drogbas move could be a reality since his contract expires this summer and that he is delaying renewal talks with Chelsea.
Overall he is skillful, and yeah sellfish, but U need a sellfish striker to stay forward do little work and take all the glory. Thats why I favoured a move for Ronaldo. Even though he was unfit at the world cup he did no work, yet he scored 3 goals
joumasepoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 01:47   #8
Sleep

Fave Players: Pirlo, Vicente, Joaquin, Ronaldinho, Beckham, Pato
Sleep is on a distinguished road
if Drogba for free <as Joumasepoes said>, getting him is not a bad idea, though I don't like him.
Sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 06:50   #9
kphatsimo

Fave Players: Pirlo, Hleb & Nesta
kphatsimo is on a distinguished road
That guy is better off at Cheal$e! I dont even want to picture him in the Milan Shirt! What a SHAME it'd be!
kphatsimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:12   #10
Stezagud

Fave Players: Keano (ret), Rooney, Maldini
Stezagud is on a distinguished road
it wouldnt be for free exactly, i think he has the option of buying out his own contract but im sure he'd want Milan to 'loan' him the money to do that

It would cost £4m from what i've read which is an excellent price for drogba and totally within Milans current bargain basement policy
Old 12-10-2006, 10:46   #11
Sleep

Fave Players: Pirlo, Vicente, Joaquin, Ronaldinho, Beckham, Pato
Sleep is on a distinguished road
as Joumasepoes said, the contract will expire in summer, so if we get him in summer, we don't have to pay anything apart from wage.
Sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:50   #12
rosoneri_11

Fave Players: P.Maldini,Gattuso,Van Basten
rosoneri_11 is on a distinguished road
If milan sign drogba it will be great!All that years at chelsea had made a good work with assist, passes, running, nice shots and headings!He is a monster of power and skilful.He was playin good at chelsea alone on the attack,but know with a support he is unstopable!!!!!He scores for fun and great strikes!
Id'love jim at Milan!
rosoneri_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:55   #13
rosoneri_11

Fave Players: P.Maldini,Gattuso,Van Basten
rosoneri_11 is on a distinguished road
think in attack Drogba-Inzaghi/Gila/Oliveira
and behind of them Kaka!It will be great!
---------------------------------------------------
Drogba is a good striker he is very,very strong tall and good on headings.So the magics crosses from corner or fouls from pirlo will make him unstopable on the air-scoring!
rosoneri_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 13:20   #14
Gaspo8

Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo
Gaspo8 is on a distinguished road
Not sure if Drogba could play with Inzaghi both are out and out front men, you would need to get Gila or Oli to start doing some of the work that Sheva is doing for Drogba now. A summer move would be good, I am not his biggest fan but I don't argue that he is a fantastic player... not sure if his game would work in Italy.

If he can move on a free doesn't Real just sign anyone that was in the World Cup? They already have a boat load of forwards so what harm could one more do? Just push one guy to the bench and hope he doesn't get unhappy!
Gaspo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 15:22   #15
zZ[-_-]Zz
BANNED!

zZ[-_-]Zz is on a distinguished road
well well... maybe Milan can finally field the top 2 divers in the game as their strike force... all defenders beware because touchin' either of them might just cost your team a PK...
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote